Chapter 16 - His Cousin's Plans (Part 2)

"Is It Love?"

 

Jiyoung stepped her feet into Youngsaeng’s apartment and closed the door behind her carefully. She let go of the boot that she wore and replaced it with the furry slipper; which was actually belonged to her that she purposely left on the apartment; placed on the corner of the entrance corridor then she walked towards the kitchen after her cousin.

Entering the kitchen, she was greeted by the back of Youngsaeng’s body that was standing in front of the refrigerator, taking some water or juice maybe, yeah that was his not-that-special-at-all morning routine. Jiyoung pulled a chair on one side of the table and positioned herself seated comfortably there. Well she was already used to go in and out to Youngsaeng’s apartment, nothing needed to be worried and moreover there was nothing that her cousin hid from her, well at least as she knew and believed.

Jiyoung laid her head on the table, hands folded, and she made it into a pillow to support her head. A pout appeared on her lips while she stared at Youngsaeng who was somehow still standing in front of the refrigerator, either purposely or indeed there was still something that must be taken there. She took a deep breath.

"What’s wrong?" asked Youngsaeng after hearing his one and only younger cousin’s sigh. He closed the refrigerator door, walked towards the counter and took two cups, filled it with the orange juice and walked towards Jiyoung after returned that juice bottle into the refrigerator.

"Nothing." she answered while still laying her head on the table. ‘It’ was just started.

Youngsaeng put one of the cups that he was carrying in front of Jiyoung then pulled a chair across her and sat there, while the other cup was still held by him with his left hand. Sipped a little juice in the cup, he looked again at Jiyoung. Tilting his head to the left and right, looking at that girl with suspicion.

It’s impossible that she comes without any ‘purpose’.

"If you come to ask for Seungyeon’s phone number again, then you already know the answer. I'll never give it to you." gave out the warning then leaned himself onto the chair, Youngsaeng’s hand moved to take the yesterday edition newspaper that was poorly put on the table, trying to find something to do in the attempt of escaping from his little cousin’s persuasion.

"It’s not like that," Jiyoung pulled her head out of the table and straightened it. Her cheeks were bulging, looked like someone who was eating and stuffing everything into . It could indicate two things, first, she was a little bit upset because of Youngsaeng’s suspicion, while the second, she was doing her ultimate ‘skill’, aegyo. But of course Youngsaeng believed to the second reason more. It had been four days since he was bombarded with all the whining and nagging so that he would give her the phone number of his ‘girlfriend’.

Huh, what a tiresome.

It was nothing but, how might Youngsaeng give the number while he himself didn’t own it? Even if he really did have it, he still wouldn’t give it to Jiyoung, what was the matter that the little cousin of him had to know the phone number of Seungyeon? It was really weird, totally strange.

"After all, I already have it anyway."

Youngsaeng was just about going to say 'that's good when you finally understand and stop whining to me' when the words were spoken out from the Jiyoung’s mouth, really clear enough for Youngsaeng to even lie to himself that he just heard it wrongly. Luckily, at that moment his face was hidden behind the newspaper that he pretended to read, so Jiyoung couldn’t see his shock face.

"Where did you get it from?" set his breath and speaking tone as calm as possible, he asked again. "You did not steal it from my cell phone, did you?"

Stupid question.


"No,"


Of course not. I don’t have it save on my cell phone, I don’t even know it at all.

"Seungyeon unnie herself who gave it to me last night." Jiyoung added while Youngsaeng’s hand moved down, folded the yesterday edition newspaper feebly and put it back on the table.

"You met her last night? How could?" Youngsaeng furrowed his eyebrows, indicating his confusion. His eyebrows were mashed into one, somehow sensed some bad feelings.  

"Oppa, do youremember that last night I went with auntie and uncle to the business dinner?"

Youngsaeng nodded, pretending to be calm as the bad feeling was sensed even more.

"Well, it turned out that Seungyeon unnie is your father's business partner’s daughter."

Youngsaeng became more and more un easy as he listened to Jiyoung’s explanation. Remembering his cousin's behavior for all over those years, that girl was really… really couldn’t keep a secret especially when she got too much pressured or even when she was too excited. So...

Carefully and adjusting his sentence as normal as possible, Youngsaeng asked again.

"And you introduced her to my parents as...?"

"Of course I introduced her as your girlfriend!"

Jiyoung smiled proudly as she hit the table with her palm, as if she had just done a good deed by saving the other’s life. That was what on her mind of course. While the truth, everything that she did was just like destroying Seungyeon and Youngsaeng’s life. Because with both their parents knowing about it, mean that it would be even more difficult for them to end those ridiculous ‘dramas’.

Youngsaeng took a deep breath. Yeah whatever, what could he do? He really couldn’t do anything about it. He wanted to be angry, but that had no use at all and also, to whom he should be angry at? After all, it was entirely his own fault who just ‘said yes’ and didn’t react at all to Seungyeon’s lies at that time. While this girl in front of him, she purely didn’t know anything.

They sat there without spending a word, for a moment keeping their selves in silence. Youngsaeng was still calming himself while the other one, Jiyoung, was busy thinking about how to utter her wish without getting any rejection or even arguments. Some little dots of water had already appeared on the outside side of the cup that was filled with orange juice earlier that she hadn’t touch at all. She held out both of her hands, lifted the cup like a little girl who was trying to get the warmth from the cup of her hot chocolate, but unfortunately it was cold orange juice instead. Tasted a bit of it,then she put the cup back on the table.

"So what exactly the real reason that made you come here so early at this hour?" finally Youngsaeng spoke out the question again and broke the comfortable silence between them.

"Oppa, I want to go to the Lotte World,"

"Then go."

"Tomorrow?"

"Yeah, do as you want."

"And oppa will go with me right?"

"Of cou....eeeiiihh?" Youngsaeng lifted his bowed down head, he had been staring blankly to the below area of the dinner table. He supposed to give a sharp look at Jiyoung but it just lasted for one second only then he turned his head away as fast as the lightning. His cousin was looking at him with pleading eyes and...miserably look just like a lost puppy who asked to be taken home.

"Are you crazy? Do I look like someone who wants to play at the amusement park huh? "

"Yes."

"eeiihh? Kang Jiyoung, what did you eat this morning? You’re not sick, are you? No! I don’t want to go and I won’t ever go! "

"Oppa....come on…just this once, please. Come on, go with me go. Just going to the Lotte World won’t kill you, it won’t even cause any harm to you at all."

Youngsaeng paused for a while, thinking through it. Actually he wanted to give out another denial arguments, but he pushed that intention out of his mind because he knew that in the end he would give up and followed his cousin's ridiculous request. It was better to just accept it rather than being plastered all the day with her whining.

"Okay." Youngsaeng finally said with a heavy sigh, really, really obvious that he did it half-heartedly but that girl didn’t care. She jumped off from her seat and went running around the desk and eventually hugged Youngsaeng that was already looked like someone lifeless.

"Promise?" held out her pinkie and pulled one of Youngsaeng’s hands, she locked their two pinkies.

"Promise"

"And oppa will bring Seungyeon unnie with us, right?"

WHAT THEEE…??

"Right oppa? Don’t forget that you already promised me..." Jiyoung swayed their still locking pinkies.

"Wh... yeah, whatever. Just do as you want"

"UYEAAHH! Wait, this..." Jiyoung dived into the pocket of the jacket that she wore and pulled out her cell phone and then handed it to Youngsaeng.

"What?" The latter could only ask, puzzled by the strange and spontaneous things; or actually it was neatly planned; that his cousin did.

"Call her!"

"Who?"

“Seungyeon unnie of course, Youngsaeng oppa…” pulling Youngsaeng’s hand and forcefully put the cell phone into his palm, Jiyoung then pinched his cheeks. Sighed, hesitated and trobled, Youngsaeng hold that cell phone, should he really ask Seungyeon or not? But just then something came to his mind.

“Okay, I will call her and make sure that she will go together with us tomorrow if you tell me something,"

"What?"

"Who is the person that will go with you tomorrow? I mean, who's your date for tomorrow, the one that you’ll bring to this double date?"

With her head hanging down, Jiyoung could only able to be quite out of her embarrassment, didn’t think that Youngsaeng could quickly find out all her thoughts, she never thought that Youngsaeng could know without her telling it.

"Oppa...w…what are you talking about? My date...w-what...” her face blushed all red while her finger was busy playing with her long black hair.

"Oh come on Kang Jiyoung! I have known you for all my entire life and I don’t have any other younger cousin to be taken care of. You better tell me or neither of me or Seungyeon will go with you tomorrow.”

"Oppa…oh well, I understand…” with that said, Jiyoung leaned closer and whispered something to Youngsaeng.

***************************************************

 

 

 

 

Author's note:

and this is Chapter 16! Hurray!! (?) it's like the longest(?) chapter that I ever write v.v

so, who's the person that will go with Jiyoung? her friend? her crush? or her boyfriend? or simply just no one? :P

I'll update it next week (yeah, really sorry now I could only give an update once a week huhu)

okay, enjoy the story, hit the subscribe button and leave some comments will be greatly appreciated, your comments give me strength to write and inspiration also ^^

really thank you for everyone who had supported me this far and sorry for my bad English XD

enjoy it! I'm going to bed now, my back is aching after hours of sitting to write this story XD

Love Ya all!