Chapter 22 - He Who Left Her With The Pain

"Is It Love?"

They rushed her to the emergency at one of the nearest hospital that they could reach from their home at that late hour. The doctor said that she didn’t get any serious disease, it was only high fever; the effect of the cold weather, fatigue, stress and that seemed like she didn’t give her self a proper meal.

Gyuri insisted to make Seungyeon undergoing the hospitalization session for several days even though the doctor said that they could take her home right away. But her being her usual self; an over-protective sister; made sure that her parents agreed for her sister to get the complete medical treatment.

So Gyuri ended up alone in that hospital, taking care of Seungyeon while she forced her parents to go back home and get rest since they had works to do in the morning. She also made herself staying awake all through the night just in case if Seungyeon got conscious and need something. But when the morning came and Seungyeon was still unconscious, Gyuri fell asleep on the couch in that room.

*

 

Seungyeon woke up several hours later and found herself in a strange place. She blinked her eyes for a moment before looking around the room and found Gyuri who fell asleep on the couch over her bed, looking really tired.

What had happened?

Again she looked around, her eyes fixed on the pipe and the IV needle that was stuck on her wrist, it was then she realized that she was in the hospital. But what had happened and what caused her to be there, none of it that she could remember.

“Gyuri unnie…” she called weakly after spending some time lying on the bed while staring at the ceiling above, trying to think about what had happened. Need a few try before Gyuri finally fully woke up.

“Oh Seungyeon-ah, you woke up already?” hastily Gyuri moved up from the couch and walked toward Seungyeon’s bed. “How do you feel?” she continued.

“I’m fine unnie.” She answered calmly. “What actually had happened to me?” confused, she asked. Letting Gyuri to put her hand on her forehead seemed to be checking her temperature.

Gyuri positioned herself sitting in the chair beside Seungyeon’s bed after making sure that the girl was alright.

“I should be the one who’s asking to you. Do you know how panic I was last night when I found you lying unconscious on the floor of your room? I screamed like crazy calling for mom and then we rushed you here.”

As she talked, Seungyeon could see the fear and worry that clearly emitted from the depth of her eyes. Again, it made her feel guilty because she only could give trouble to her sister.

“Calm down unnie,” she replied while giving a weak caress on Gyuri’s arm. “What did the doctor say?”

Gyuri took a deep breath before answering. “You’re exhausted and stressed. And you seemed to be failed on taking care of your own health in this cold weather. You were also dehydrated. Oh right, what did you eat yesterday?”

“Yesterday? Hmmm…” she paused, trying to remember what she ate yesterday but just to found out that she only ate a few bites of bread in the morning when she arrived at Lotte World and she wasn’t even finished it. If Gyuri knew, she was so dead.

“Don’t try to fool me!” Gyuri interrupted her when the idea of not telling the truth just came crossing her mind. She was just smiling awkwardly as the response.

“That boyfriend of yours, he didn’t buy you any food, huh?”

“Boyfriend?” Seungyeon asked confusedly, for a moment she forgot all those little drama that she did with Youngsaeng.

Exactly, I’ve guessed it!

“Ah never mind. I’m going to see the doctor first.” Gyuri moved away from the chair, but not before she could catch Seungyeon’s small nod to her still with her puzzled face. She apparently was still not fully conscious to the point that she couldn’t remember the small drama that she did with her so called boyfriend, Youngsaeng.

Truly, there was no need for Gyuri to really walk out just to call the doctor, simply just by pressing the button on the wall on Seungyeon’s room near her bed then voila, the doctor or the nurse would come over. But she needed some time alone by herself. Gyuri needed to think about the move that she should do nest, considering over the idea that came to her mind right just a few moments away after she found her sister fainted in the bedroom.

Should I do it for real?

*

 

 

“No, really, it’s okay. You don’t have to come visiting me. I’m all fine.”

“Please cal down, will you? I’m really all fine. If not for Gyuri unnie, I wouldn’t be here now. You know how she is right? So don’t worry. I really don’t get any serious disease.”

“Good. Then I’ll see you soon. Okay baby?”

“Ne~”

Seungyeon flipped her cell phone down and put it on the table beside the bed. She just had finished talking with her best friend; Nicole; on the phone. That girl called her because she couldn’t find her on the campus that day and immediately turned to panic right at the moment when she heard that Seungyeon was in the hospital.

Remembering the history of her absence, Nicole already sensed that there was something happened to her best friend. But the possibility of her being hospitalized, there was not even the slightest of it that crossed her mind. She was really panic that she almost jumped out of the classroom and immediately ran away to Seungyeon’s place. However after she listened to the explanation and considering on how much excesses Gyuri was even just over a little thing, she did as she was told.

Bored, Seungyeon threw her gaze toward the window, staring at the pretty bright sky out there. For some reasons that she could not explain, she suddenly felt uncomfortable. Perhaps because she was alone there, in a place that was unfamiliar to her. Her sister; Gyuri; was no where to be found, she ‘disappeared’ not that long after their mom returned to her office.

Her mother came over on the lunch hour. She brought some clothes for her and Gyuri, also some food and her cell phone that was left on her bedroom. She stayed for a while, accompanying her two daughters to enjoy their lunch and went back to her office because she had important meeting to be attended.

The direction of her eyes were still stick at the blue sky in the distance when she heard the door of the room opened, not even bother to just take a look for a while. Half of her mind was blank; gazing aimlessly; while the other half was responding to the sound of the opened door.

“Unnie, you’re back?” she asked. Her eyes didn’t break away form whatever-she-looked-at-out-there, thinking that her sister was the one who entered the room.

A few moments had passed since she threw that question out. But she didn’t get to hear any sound from Gyuri answering her question. Hmmm…something was strange.

“Unnie, why are y…” she pulled her eyes off from whatever-she-looked-at-the-sky-out-there just to find someone who she really didn’t want to meet at that moment, leaning against the entrance of the room instead of her sister, Gyuri. Her world started to spin around.

.

.

.

.

.

There was no word coming out of their mouth as they were drowning onto the silence. Only the sound of the clock ticking on the wall that was still giving a sign that they were on the earth, still, and that the time didn’t stop for them as what she was thinking.

“O-oppa.”

Words and questions were twisting around on her head. But when she; at least; was able to break the silence that revolved between them, only that one word that could escape in a more whisper like rather than talk. It was so so so slightly, but was clear enough for that guy who still leaned comfortably against the door to hear it.

“W-what…h-how…who…?” she asked, stuttering.

There were so many that she wanted to ask him, but in the end she couldn’t even finish one. Instead of clearly voicing out the questions that she had on her mind one by one, it was only the first parts were spoken out. The sharp stare that the guy gave her, made a mess with all the self defense system on her self, blew up her mind.

Eventually, she gave up…gave up trying to say anything that she wanted to say and gave up trying to look back at the guy standing less than two meters in front of her. Seungyeon sighed as she hung her head down and looked away to another direction, trying to lessen the burden and the pressure that she felt.

But it was all useless when she heard Kyujong’s footsteps coming closer. Whatever he would say or do, she had no good feeling about it. Reflex, she pulled the blanket over as if it would give some protection or better yet, swallowed her and spat her out somewhere far far away from that place.

However, nothing happened even after she heard the footsteps stopped. They engrossed again on each other’s silence during the next few minutes. When finally Seungyeon raised her head, she found that guy was standing leaned on the edge of her bed. His hands were hiding in the pockets of his pants that he wore, while the right leg crossed over the left leg and his eyes fixed on the sky outside the window.

They seemed like equally waiting for each other to start the conversation first, too stubborn to just give in to each other or even maybe too scared to start talking.

“How do you feel?”

Kyujong was the one who started the conversation between them when he realized that Seungeyon wouldn’t start it first. She could even probably stay silent forever if she wanted. He couldn’t restrain himself any longer, he must quickly finished his ‘issue’ there and then leave.

“Fine.” She answered shortly.

“Good then.” He replied, his gaze didn’t even move an inch from its focus.

“How…”

“How do I know that you’re here…” Kyujong cut that girl. He knew exactly what was on her mind at that time. Became her so called brother over those years made him could easily read all the behavior and her mind. But there was one thing that he absolutely couldn’t touch; her heart. No matter how hard he tried, what was on her heart remained as a blur picture behind a frosted glass frame for him.

“How do I know that you’re here is not important now. Who told me that you’re here…I think you’d already know exactly who it was, but that’s also not important. Do you know what’s important now? What I will do here or to be exact, what I will say here right now. That’s what important.” He continued. His straight stare was sharply directed out of the window, he talked with a flat tone, cold and firm.

“Oppa…”

“Seungyeon-ah~ ah no, should call you Han Seungyeon-ssi? Miss Han Seungyeon, I hope that after this day we won’t meet each other again. Don’t try to find me and meet me anymore and stop calling me. If we bump into each other somewhere, juts pretend like you never knew me before. It will be even better if you forget me completely, let’s just think that we’ve never been in each other’s life. I’m already tired of this all. About this oppa-dongsaeng relationship while we both know that we are nothing more than just strangers who know each other for all those meaningless years. You really freaking tired everything heck out of me!

You must be thinking now about what you’ve done wrong so that I changed into a person like this. Do you want to know what your fault is? It’s pretty simple, your mistake is YOU! Because you’re just simply your self and that self of yours makes me tired and sick. You are nothing but my past now, and I’m this kind of person who will never even just take a glance of my past. You know that right? So get used to it.”

He gave himself one short breath as he finished speaking and started to move from his standing place. He stopped a few steps before reaching the door, again he talked.

“Ah right, and don’t you have a boyfriend now? So, tell your sister if there’s something happen to you, tell her to go looking for your boyfriend and not me!”

With that said he continued to walk toward the door, pulled the knob and opened the door before he stepped out of the room and closed the door behind him. He didn’t bother to even just take a glance to make sure about the condition of the girl that he left alone there in the silence, struggling not to cry, struggling over the pain as she felt her heart was like being squeezed. Torture.

***

 

 

 

Youngsaeng lied down lazily on the couch on his very own living room. His hands were busily playing with the remote, pressed this and that changing from one channel to another channel to find some show that would be interesting enough for him to watch. When he didn’t find any interesting show, he threw the remote onto the table while he positioned himself more comfortably in the couch.

It had been really a tiring day for him. It was really hard for him to sleep the night before. So when he woke up in the morning and went off to campus, he only slept for two hours. His schedule that day was very tight, and more when he had to finish the group project alone that afternoon because of his partner; Kyujong; was missing to wherever he was.

His body felt like badly crushed. All he wanted was just a good rest to restore the energy that had been wasted for some random unreasonable reason over those several days.

He just closed his eyes for like seconds when his apartment bell rang. Instead of walking to the intercom or opening the door, he buried himself more into the couch and shut his ear with a cushion there. Thinking that Jiyoung was the one who came to annoy him again, he shouted over, “Ya! Kang Jiyoung! Can’t you just come in by yourself? I’m tired now!”

“Why is that girl being so unreasonable lately?” he mumbled to himself.

But later when he got no response; there was no sound of an opening door nor the sound of ringing bell again; he started to wonder whether it was Jiyoung who came or not. It was not so Jiyoung-ish. Because that girl would probably started abusing his apartment bell until he went out opening the door or at least talked on the intercom.

So half-heartedly, he got up from the couch and walked directly to the door, too lazy to go seeing the intercom. He took a look at the small hole on the door to check on who was coming but he found no one.

Weird.

He talked again before he opened the door, “Ya! Kang Jiyoung, don’t play around with me!” started thinking that Jiyoung was playing her childish game on him. He opened the door slowly…

.

.

.

“Seungyeon-ssi...”

*************************************************************************

 

 

Author's note:

Hello! Finally I can finish this chapter. I'm really sorry that it comes up really late but I just finished my midterm exam on this Friday, that's why I couldn't make myself write this story fastly. thank you for your patience in waiting for this story ^^ I love you guys, you're the best!

enjoy this chapter and don't forget to give your comment and hit the subscribe button :) have a nice weekend everyone! :)

PS: Kyujong oppa, sorry for making you really bad here :(

PS2: but I think Kyujong's words are not that eman though, hmm. I tried to think about words that could give more pain-vibrate, but failed lol