Chapter 19 - The Lies

"Is It Love?"

 

 

What is he doing here?

Seungyeon sat frozen in her chair. Her big-round eyes fixed at the figure that was standing behind Jiyoung, showing distrust. If only the human’s heart could actually jump out of its place, maybe that was what had happened to Seungyeon. She felt empty, as if her soul had been ripped from its place.

It’s not a dream right?

Her world was like spinning faster. She still hadn’t moved at all, her body became stiff as if it was frozen by the cold air around her. Her stare was still stuck on the guy that she had tried to find his state and condition for this past several weeks, which was looking at her with a shock stare that was tried to arrange in such a way so that he would look like he was staring flatly at Seungyeon instead.

She just said that it’s someone that she likes…

The words that were spoken by Youngsaeng a while ago echoed on her mind. She swept over the bitter reality, as if it was intentionally thrown at her face. Jiyoung liked Kyujong, and Kyujong was there with her, joined them as Jiyoung’s date on that double date. Did it mean anything? Who knew? Everything moved in a slow motion for her, as if they were inside the glass screen of the television and someone had pressed the backward button.

No one knew about how long had they all stood quietly in that kind of position, but seemed that there was only one person who was not aware of the awkward and cold atmosphere that spun around them. Youngsaeng already moved and stood beside Seungyeon, emitting a protective aura around him without him realized. While Seungyeon was still sitting in silence, as if someone had glued her whole body into the chair and locked shut.

Her both eyes then fixed at Jiyoung’s hand which was still holding Kyujong’s on the wrist, seemed that they got there in the state of Jiyoung pulling Kyujong behind her.

Seems like that she will confess to him later.

“Kyujong oppa…” a series of weak words came out from Seungyeon mouth, finally breaking the silence between them. Jiyoung who apparently was still not aware of the situation among the three, seemed a little bit surprised at the fact that Seungyeon knew Kyujong.

“Unnie, you know Kyujong oppa?”

“Hmm…” as if like she was affected by spells, Seungyeon gave out a small mutter in response to Jiyoung’s question.

Jiyoung’s eyes widen and her lips pouted as she pulled out the next sentence, still a little bit amazed and surprised.

“Whoaa~ How come?”

Jiyoung paused for a while and then turned around to see Kyujong.

“Oppa, you told me you didn’t know that Youngsaeng oppa has a girlfriend, didn’t you?”

I really did not know that Youngsaeng has a girlfriend. Or to be exact, I really did not know that the two of them are dating each other!

“Oppa really did not know about it.” Kyujong answered, while giving out a smile on Jiyoung. It was very subtle on how different he acted, when he looked at Seungyeon and Jiyoung. But Jiyoung, being either stupid or insensitive, she was still not aware of the situation.

“Then how you guys got to know each other?” Jiyoung wiggled her head, looked to the left and right, staring at Seungyeon, Youngsaeng and Kyujong alternately. She stopped at Youngsaeng in the end, gave him a questioning look while she tilted her head slightly and pouted her lips.

“Ya Kang Jiyoung! Why did you ask that question? It has nothing to do with you so…”

“It’s okay Saeng. I’ll answer it anyway. Jiyoung-ah, it’s because your oppa, Youngsaeng, once introduced her to me as his friend. So I didn’t know that they are dating, I thought that they’re just a friend.”

Those words came out from Kyujong’s mouth before Youngsaeng; who was trying to help Seungyeon; had the time to finish his words. Whatever the reason was, maybe he didn’t want Jiyoung to know about his relationship with Seungyeon that those words necessarily came out of his mouth. Without thinking that he might hurt Seungyeon’s feelings. Whatever, he didn’t care. Seungyeon already had “someone” beside her anyway. That was what he thought.

But it was indirectly made Jiyoung realized that there was something wrong with Seungyeon. Not that she sensed there was any other relationship between Kyujong and Seungyeon, but she thought that Seungyeon was sick because that girl looked really pale, sitting quietly on her chair while her eyes stared vacantly at the ground.

“Unnie, are you okay? You’re so pale. Are you sick?” Jiyoung bended down, intent on going to squat to see Seungyeon’s condition but she was stopped by Youngsaeng just right before she could see any expression that was in Seungyeon’s eyes.

“She’s fine. You haven’t bought the tickets right? Go buy it now. I’ll take care of her.”

“But oppa…Seungyeon unnie seems sick. Should we cancel today’s plan?”

She is weak. But she hates to look weak in front of others. That’s why she chose to act coldly.

For some moment, the thought of agreeing to Jiyoung’s opinion came to Youngsaeng’s mind. But again, the words that were spoken by Gyuri that morning came like haunting him. So he chose to make Jiyoung and Kyujong went away first, and then asked Seungyeon’s opinion.

“It’s okay. Just go buy the tickets first. She’ll be alright.”

“But…”

Jiyoung paused for a moment. She wanted to say more, but she thought that Youngsaeng understood Seungyeon more than her, so she decided to obey it.

“Okay then. Seungyeon unnie, we are going to buy the tickets first. Please don’t be sick~ Kyujong oppa, go go!”

With Youngsaeng pushing her on the shoulder, Jiyoung turned to walk outside while pulling Kyujong with her, leaving Youngsaeng and Seungyeon that was still frozen on her place.

After ensuring that Jiyoung and Kyujong had really beyond the earshot, Youngsaeng immediately turned back to face Seungyeon. Couldn’t help but confused at how he should start.

For all this time he didn’t get along really well with much female friends even though he had pretty a lot of “fans” on his campus, and he didn’t want to know about them too. The only girl that was really close to him for all over this time was Jiyoung and she was also the only girl that could make him dizzy with all sorts of strange behavior and her whine.

But this time, the case was really different. If only Seungyeon was a typical girl like Jiyoung, maybe he could solve the problem in just minutes. But unfortunately, Seungyeon was really much different from Jiyoung and apparently she was also different from most typical girl that he knew. And that girl’s personality who didn’t talk much was making it more complicated for him.

Youngsaeng walked over to Seungyeon who was shaking in her seat. He bended down his body and then knelt down right in front of that girl.

“Seungyeon-ssi, are you okay?”

What kind of question is that? Of course she’s not okay stupid!

Youngsaeng tilted his head, bended his body a little more so he could get a glimpse of the expression that was on the girl’s face. But Seungyeon bowed her head deeper so that her face got hidden. Took a deep breath, Youngsaeng stood back and pulled a chair, placed it in front of Seungyeon then positioned himself on it.

He already felt pretty tired as spiritually, no need to make himself tired as physically too with that kneeling position that he did before. He sighed again.

“Seungyeon-ssi?” he tried to call her again, but still there was no reply. He started to get impatient on how to make the girls at least saying something.

But as he put more thought on it, if her sister that was rather scary and had this kind of intimidating aura couldn’t deal with this girl and made her talk, then what could he do? A stranger that just knew that girl for a while, but had to be willing to get dragged into the complicated problem between Seungyeon and Kyujong and then later found out that his cousin was involved in that problem. Hah! Who could be more unlucky than him?

But somehow he felt that he couldn’t just go out of that problem. If he wanted, he could just have denied all those people’s perception about his relationship with Seungyeon, destroying the drama that she made right when she just started it. That was that he did to all the girls that tried to come close to him. Broke their hope, acted coldly, and when he couldn’t stand it anymore, flatly rejected their confession and broke their heart into pieces.

And he didn’t even care if they cried out loudly begging him or threaten to commit suicide, as happened for several times. Not that he was mean and cold hearted, or even a gay. Absolutely not! He still had some female friends. Yeah! Friends, only as a friend.

Maybe that was also the reason that made him stay beside Seungyeon though he had to be troubled like that. Because he clearly knew that she didn’t have any feelings for him. It made him felt more “free” when he was with that girl. Also for some reason, he felt that he had a moral responsibility toward her. Whatever it was, the things that he obviously knew, he can’t bear to leave her tangled all alone in that problem.

What should I do now?

“Han Seungyeon-ssi…”

Youngsaeng hadn’t finished his sentence yet when he was suddenly interrupted by a weak voice that came out of Seungyeon’s mouth.

“Did you know about this all?”

He wasn’t sure whether he should feel relief or not with the fact that he could still hearing her voice. He almost thought that she had got frozen because of the cold weather around them.

“About what?” he asked calmly. Although he already knew what was meant by Seungyeon.

“About this, all of this. About Kyujong oppa. About them. You already knew this from the beginning, didn’t you?” Seungyeon raised her head for a moment, stared at Youngsaeng then made her head back hanging down. Her eyes were red, but there was no even a slight stain of tears.

Youngsaeng took a deep breath again.

“No. I really knew nothing.”

There was a short silence.

“Seungyeon-ssi, now the most important thing is not whether I know about all this or not, but your condition. We only have a few minutes before they come back here after buying the tickets. So now, it’s better to think about the things that we should do.”

“What do you mean?”

“You want to go back to your home now or staying here?”

“If you want to hear my opinion, it’s better for us to leave. You look really pale now and if anything happens to you…”

“I’m okay.” Again, for the nth times that day, Seungyeon cut him.

“And I don’t want to go home.” She added.

She didn’t care anymore. She should stay as long as possible. She didn’t care about her condition at that time. She was sick, not physically but her heart. She never expected the guy that he had known for years could make her felt the pain like that.

Stop contacting her and then when they met again, he acted like he didn’t know her at all. She didn’t understand what was actually happening. Maybe it was her fault too because she didn’t try to do anything, asked directly to Kyujong or trying to call him just once. She was too scared, a coward who only dare to keep everything herself.

But still, she couldn’t accept it all as the reasons for Kyujong’s change of attitude toward her. Why did he have to lie about their relationship? Did he like Jiyoung so that he was afraid Jiyoung would misunderstand it? But it didn’t make sense at all for her. Moreover, their relationship was only a brother-sister one right? Why should he hide it?

She didn’t understand at all. The only thing that she was sure about was that she had to stay there as long as possible. She must find out the truth and moreover, she didn’t want to be seen as someone weak for Youngsaeng and Jiyoung. For all this time, she only showed her weak side to three people, Gyuri, Nicole and Kyujong. But because Kyujong had changed to be someone liked “that”, it meant that she could no longer show her weakness to Kyujong.

“Seungyeon-ssi!”

Seungyeon grasped from her daydream and found her hand was on Youngsaeng’s grip that was standing back already facing her, as if he was giving a shield. She lifted her head and found him staring at her with a serious and sharp look.

“Youngsaeng-ssi, what do you think are you doing now?”

She tried to pull her hand back from Youngsaeng’s grip, but he held it even tighter. Then he started to talk in a soft tone, more like whispering.

“Listen to me! Jiyoung and Kyujong will be here within few seconds. And if you really want to stay here, all that you have to do is to listen to me and stay by my side for all the time we’re here. You get it? If anything happens to you, your sister will…”

“We’re here! Are you guys okay? Seungyeon unnie?”

**********************************************

 

 

 

Author's note:

it's the Chapter 19! I'm sorry for the really late update. I tried hard to make this chapter as sad as possible, but I've been really happy lately that everytime I tried to write the sad part, I failed. I tried to listen to some sad songs but still it wouldn't work on me. I don't know what's wrong with me lately v.v

so here is the update. I don't feel that this one is as good as the previous chapter though *sigh* I've tried my best and this all the "best" that I can give for all my readers for now. I'm sorry. I'll try to update the next chapter as soon as possible. Please wait patiently~ it won't be long though (I think lol)

and btw, really thank you to everyone who read and left their comment for this story. you guys are the best! you guys are my force to keep writing this. I love you all! *give everyone a big hug*

so enjoy this story, hit the subscribe button and give out your comment ^^ and don't kill me for leaving it hanging there again lol ^^