Chapter 17 - The Day (Part 1)

"Is It Love?"

 

 

Seungyeon sat quietly on the couch in the living room of her house, apparently waiting for someone to come. She had been completely dress up, using skinny jeans, t-shirt and beige colored jacket on top of her shirt while her feet were hidden in the high-heeled boots with a matching color of her jacket. She tied her long hair and braided it to the left side, made her look more even younger than her actual age.

It was Sunday. The hanging clock on the wall of the living room showed 8 past 41 minutes o'clock in the morning. Her parents had gone to play golf with their business partners, their social routine on Sunday morning. While her sister, Gyuri, apparently was still sleeping in her purple bedroom and while she was waiting for Youngsaeng to pick her up. Yes, she accepted the ‘invitation’ and they would go to Lotte World.

Actually yesterday, when she got the call, she didn’t expect to hear that guy's voice from the end of the line, the man who was by accident and recklessly she claimed as her boyfriend, Heo Youngsaeng. She was just about to finish the last mouthful of her breakfast when she heard her cell phone rang from the bedroom. Leaving her breakfast, she immediately rushed to her room, hoping that maybe, yeah, just maybe that was a call from Kyujong.

But her hopes faded away when she saw the caller id that was shown on the cell phone screen. Kang Jiyoung, the person that she really didn’t expect to get a call from. She wanted to just ignore the call, or if it was really needed she would just turn her cell phone off, but somehow her inner sense says that she had to pick up the call. So in the end she answered the call half-heartedly.

When she first saw Jiyoung’s name plastered on her cell phone screen, she was a little bit surprised to see it, her mind jumbled with all the question of why that girl had to call her. But she got more taken aback when she answered the call and heard a male voice spoke to her. Initially she was still not aware and confused about whom that guy was, but then she realized that it was Youngsaeng.

Nah, if just only with hearing Youngsaeng’s voice already made her really shocked then you must be able to imagine how was her reaction when Youngsaeng asked her to go along with him to Lotte World. She seemed like having trouble on breathing, her heart pounding and she thought probably she could die right at that time.

No, not because she was happy or proud or whatever the feelings that a woman felt when the man that she liked asking her to go out on date, not that at all, none of it that she felt. But it was no other than what else would come next, what kind of problem? It was enough with their parents thinking that they were really dating, no need to add all sort of other things including this ‘date’.

She wanted to just refuse it; willing to say “no” even though she faithfully knew that Youngsaeng wasn’t that wholeheartedly asking her to come. For him, they better didn’t go meeting each other again; even though it was just accidentally; and maybe a few weeks later they could tell their families that they broke up already. But after listening to Jiyoung’s demand; that was delivered by the pleading shouts from the end the line; she finally decided to accept the ‘invitation’. Reckoning it as an "apology" because she had lie to her so…yeah…she thought that there was nothing wrong with making that girl happy just for this once.

 

 

 

While Seungyeon was still floating in the world of her own, Gyuri had just stepped on to the last stair to the first floor of their house. She had also dressed up and seemed to be going somewhere too. Carrying her purse, she walked passed the living room. Her intention was to directly go walk to the front door and left the house, going to the place where she had a ‘promise’ waiting to be fulfilled. But her footsteps stopped when she found Seungyeon sat alone in the living room, fully dressed up and it was like that she was going out as well.

Wondering, she turned her pace into the living room while her mind was filled by a few questions that needed answers immediately.

What is she doing here?

She’s going somewhere?

Ah it’s weird, it’s just not like herself at all. Usually on the day like this she would be curling up in her room all day long or just simply doing her assignments and reading some books.

Does she have an appointment with Nicole? But…this early?

Gyuri threw herself sitting on the couch beside Seungyeon but she seemed completely unaware of Gyuri’s presence. She was still sitting there silently as she stared blankly towards the corner of the living room, but it was unmistakable for Gyuri to understand that her little sister’s brain was working hard at that time. Gyuri sat there for a while, went into silent while she took a look at Seungyeon. They almost had no time to talk to each other lately because of the bustle that each of them had, and to some extent, she felt guilty about it.

This Seungyeon that was sitting in front of her seemed a bit more fragile than usual. There were many things that the girl had to bear alone, and Gyuri knew for sure one of the reasons.

Kim Kyujong-ssi.

The more she looked at Seungyeon, the bigger the worries that she felt over her as she found a black spot hanging under the Seungyeon’s eyes.

Aish ... this girl. Thinking all over the night and didn’t get enough sleep.

Her heart hurt and she felt even more guilty because she couldn’t always be at that girl's side. But it was not that she didn’t try at all, it was just that lately she also had a few things to be done and other than that, Seungyeon had become more introvert than usual.

“Seungyeon-ah…”

She got no response. That girl was still staring blankly at the corner of the room.

“Seungyeon-ah …” this time adding a small pat on Seungyeon’s shoulder, Gyuri called her name again and eventually she reacted. Turned her head aside, she was a little bit surprised when she found Gyuri was staring at her, shooting her with a what-is-wrong-with you look.

“Eh? What are you doing here?”

“Ya…I should be the one who’s asking. What are you doing here? You’ve been sitting here silently with a blank look on your face. Even when I called you, you didn’t even react at all. What’s wrong?”

“I…am fine. Nothing’s wrong unnie.”

Gyuri took a deep breath to hear the answer that came out of . Again! That words again! She was already tired of hearing the same answer over and over again, but she also quite understood the true meaning of it was that Seungyeon was not fine all but at the same time she didn’t want to talk about it. Anything that Gyuri had done wouldn’t make her talk.

Leaving that topic there, Gyuri turned the conversation to another topic and asked her another question.

“You’re going out?”

“Yes.”

“Where?”

“A place.”

“With who?”

“A person.”

“Hmm…you’re boyfriend?”

“Seems like…probably.”

Gyuri felt like exploding. This girl, what was going on with her sister? What had happened this past few days really couldn’t be taken by both of her sense and mind. Especially when ‘they’ went back home from the business dinner and her mother barged into her room and said that she just met with the parents of Seungyeon’s boyfriend.

Oh God! The world must have been crazy. All her entire life the only person that she knew had the control over her sister's heart was that man so called Kim Kyujong. And this man, Heo Youngsaeng or whoever he was, Gyuri even never got to hear of his name before, which was mean that he was not even a friend of her sister because she knew all the name of Seungyeon’s friends. Oh for heaven and earth, whatever the relationship between her sister and that guy, she was sure that they were not really dating!

“Ya! Seungyeon-ah…”

“Unnie, you better stop asking me more questions or you also have to tell me everything that you've done for this far, where’d you go, with who and what you actually did for all over this time.”

Gyuri was just about to ask another question and intended to provide a bit of pressure to make her sister talk, but Seungyeon hastily cut it and made her turned silent and forced to swallow the sentence she would about to say.

“We both know that this moment we don’t want to talk about it, we both aren’t ready yet so don’t talk about it again, at least for now.”

Seungyeon added the next sentence to not make Gyuri felt hurting, she thought that her first sentence was a little bit harsh. They sat there quietly for some time, awkward silence. Gyuri also seemed to have forgotten that she should have already left the house. But eventually they were rescued by a knock at the front door and the sound of a ringing bell all over the house.

Finally he’s here.

Seungyeon moved from the couch where she sat a while ago and walked toward the front door while Gyuri was following behind. Opened the door and found Youngsaeng standing there also wearing jeans, t-shirts and jacket that if you paid more attention on it, by chance, looked well-matched with the clothes that Seungyeon wore. Oh really, what a surprising coincidence.

Stepped out of the doorway, the cold air directly trapped her and made her shivered a little because of the cold. She turned toward Youngsaeng and they stared at each other in silence, but strangely they understood the signals that were sent by each other.

Are you ready?

Let’s go!

"Wait! Heo Youngsaeng-ssi, I need to talk to you!” turning back, they found Gyuri standing in the doorway with a serious look. O...o...

*************************

 

 

 

Author's note:

so it's the Chapter 17! I managed to finish it earlier and decided to post it earlier also because the "real" Lotte World stories will need some times to be finished. I can't just write it recklessly, need to do some "research" first (actually I've done with the "research" =P).

I'm sorry if this chapter is boring, but I really need to write it, believe me that this part is important for the "future" of this story :P (or maybe the last part that's most important :P). and btw, anyone miss Gyuri??? XD

so, enjoy this chapter! I'll update the next chapter 1 week later (or maybe less, just pray for me XD). thank you for reading, subsciribing and leaving your comments. that's all are really the source of my energy ^^

Love Ya ^^

ps: I'm getting more and more bad on giving the title :( can I just post it without the title? *puppy eyes* :P