You!

"Is It Love?"

Normal POV

 

“Unnie, where are you?!” Seungyeon immediately asked as soon as she heard the sound of her cellphone connected to the number that she called.

“Who is this?” there came a drowsy voice from the other side, but instead of answering Seungyeon’s question, the girl on the end of the phone line precisely asking back to Seungyeon.

“Unnie, it’s me, Seungyeon. Are you sleeping?”

“No, haven’t yet. I was just about to close my eyes when you called. Why?” Gyuri asked again. She was lying on her bed all worn-out, feeling really sleepy and exhausted after all day long outside, looking for some stuffs and data for her final project. That was what she told to her family members.

“Ah… nothing. It’s just…” Seungyeon was hesitating for a while, considering whether she should really voice it out; the real reason why she called her; or not. But when she recalled the drowsy voice that she heard just now when Gyuri answered her call, she threw away the idea that she had on her mind.

“It’s just….it’s really boring here. The guests are late and my mood kept getting down because of this waiting matter. So I thought of talking to you for a while.” Seungyeon spoke her lies out.

“Ah, okay. Let’s talk! Let me think of something to boast your mood up.” She said, put aside the fatigue that she felt to help the only sister of her. Gyuri didn’t want Seungyeon to do something ‘silly’ in front of the guests because of her mood which usually really affected her reckless self.

“No need to unnie. You sound really tired, just go back to sleep. I’ll just ask mom to order my favorite Strawberry milkshake and everything will be okay. I’ll be okay. Sleep well.” As just like she could read Gyuri’s mind, Seungyeon ended the phone conversation before Gyuri could say anything back to her. She switched the phone off; afraid that Gyuri would call her back; and put it into her purse.

She was in a famous restaurant together with her parents for a business dinner, waiting for her father’s colleague to come. Usually, Gyuri unnie was the one who would come along, but since she always came home late lately, so Seungyeon had to accept the fact that she had to go along her parents this time even though she always didn’t want to and even never imagined that she would ever experienced it. She called Gyuri with the hope that they could switch places or at least Gyuri could come along so she wouldn’t feel that out of place but when she heard Gyuri’s tired voice, she abandoned her purpose.

“Who is that?” It was her father who asked. He talked in his deep voice of him, normally sounded really full of authority. He looked as calm as usual but actually inside he was really curious about the identity of the person that his daughter just talked or to be exact whispered on the phone with. Was it a female or male? He thought of it. He did had two beautiful daughters anyway, who wouldn’t he let go to just any guy.

“Gyuri unnie.” Seungyeon simply answered, but what she didn’t know was that it gave her dad a really big impact. He felt relieve, at least for a while, he thought.

“Is she home already?” The old man added another question, caught the rare chance of talking to his step daughter because of he had no time plus the fact that this one daughter of him wasn’t really a type to talk a lot. Err…actually she didn’t really like to talk except to people that she really felt comfortable with.

“Yes, she was about to sleep,” another short reply from her. Her voice that became lower and lower as she talked and her downed head, made her father realized that she wasn’t in a term to talk and went down to silent. It did break his heart whenever he thought that after all those years he was still not able to open that young girl’s heart. But it was okay for him, as he compared it to the first year of his marriage with Seungyeon’s mom. She didn’t talked; even just a word; to him for the first three-months, she avoided all the possibility of meeting him even though they lived under one roof. Even there were times when she disappeared to her father grave, cried all day-long there and no one could convince her to go home except for this guy so called Kim Kyujong.

But she changed; a little bit; as she became closer and closer with Gyuri. She was somehow still the same ‘cold’ little girl that he met years ago, but she changed at some points. She would talk a lot when she was on the mood to and when the times she fooled around with Gyuri, she even could become really hyper too. That was the most relief for the old man, to see the two siblings got along really well.

“Umma, when will they come? Why are they so late?” Seungyeon broke the comfortable silence between them three, her tone of voice barely showed the signs of bored and annoyed. She hated waiting.

“Seungyeonnie, what’s that with the tone? You can’t talk in that tone later in front the guests. They’ll arrive soon; in any minute; just wait a little bit and behave your self, arasseo?”

Seungyeon was just about to nod and answered her mom with ‘ne’ when she heard footsteps coming to the direction of their table. She followed both of her parents rose up from her seat. She looked at the direction where the footsteps came and caught a glimpse of three people and a waitress walked to their table. She tidied up her dress, took a deep breath to a little bit fix her mood and secretly practiced to show a genuine smile on her face.

“Welcome Mr…” She lifted her head up when her father started to talk but couldn’t hear the rest when her gaze met the person that stand behind her father’s colleague and his wife. She screamed in her mind, “You!”

*************************************************

 

 

Author's note:

it seems that the story that I wrote is kinda boring that I don't really get that much comments anymore lols

I'm sorry for making you curious (again), I promise to reveal the person that Seungyeon met on the mall and restaurant on the next chapter ^^ enjoy :D