Chapter 21 - Gyuri's Nightmare

"Is It Love?"

 

 

 

Gyuri sat awakening from her sleep while panting hard. Cold sweat could be seen clearly on her forehead as if she had just finished a marathon instead of sleeping. She just got a nightmare. She moved to the edge of her bed, went out of her warm blanket and sat there with her legs hanging on to the floor of her room, trying to remember what she saw in her dream earlier.

But as much as she tried to remember it, she couldn’t remember everything that she saw in that nightmare. There was only one thing that she was sure about, it was so frightening and somehow made her felt uneasy. She felt scared and worried, but she couldn’t explain the reason why.

She took a glance at the glass that was settling on the small desk beside her bed, empty. Reaching the empty glass and got down from her bed, she decided to take a drink from the kitchen. Gyuri peek at the clock that was hanging on the wall before went out of her bedroom. It was 11:29pm, meant that it wasn’t that long since she went back home and fell asleep.

She carefully walked down the stairs to the first floor in the dark and then walked toward the kitchen. Filling the glass that she brought along with her with cold water and then emptied it in a gulp, she lft the glass in the sink before then headed back to her room on the second floor. That was when she realized there was something strange in Seungyeon’s room.

She could see a light came out from the small space between the door and the floor of that girl’s room. It was a little bit strange considering that Seungyeon would not be able to sleep if the main light of her room wasn’t turned off.

She’s still awake?

Gyuri knocked on the door.

“Seungyeonnie, you’re still awake?”

There was no answer.

She’s in the bathroom or what?

“Seungyeonnie, can I come in?”

Again, there was no response at all. Curiously, Gyuri tried to open the door slightly, and to her surprise, it wasn’t locked. It made everything get even weirder, the light was still on and the door wasn’t locked. It felt so wrong, it wasn’t like Seungyeon at all; that wasn’t her habit.

Gyuri opened the door a little bit more and got shocked by the scene that she saw with her own eyes. Seungyeon was lying weakly on the floor beside her bed, still fully dressed up with the same clothes that she used that morning when Gyuri met her before she want with her so called boyfriend.

“Seungyeon!”

She started to understand the feelings of fear and anxiety that she felt a while ago were something related to Seungyeon. She ran to her step-sister, her hands and her body were all shaking greatly. She was afraid that something really bad happened to her brother.

“Seungyeon! Seungyeon-ah!”

She shook the girl’s body but there was no reaction. Her hand move to touch Seungyeon’s forehead, her body temperature was really high and seemed that she fainted. Looking at the facts that she was still using the same clothes that she used when she got back home, meant that it had been quite a long time since she fell unconscious.

“Omma! Appa!” depressed and despaired, Gyuri desperately shouted calling her parents. Tears started to swell from the side of her eyes.

“Omma! Appa!” she shouted again. She knew that she wasn’t supposed to shout and scream like that when it was so late because maybe it would wake the sleeping neighbors of them. But she didn’t care anymore, she couldn’t just go downstairs to wake their parents while leaving Seungyeon alone in that kind of condition.

“Omma!!!!!! Appa!!!!!!” her third screams finally managed to wake their parents up. She heard the hurried footsteps of her parents walking up on the staircase.

“Gyuri what’s wrong? Why are you screaming like crazy in this late hour?” she could hear her mother talked from the corridor outside.

“Omma! Appa!”

Both her parents stopped right in front of Seungyeon’s room when they heard Gyuri’s voice came from that direction instead of her own room.

“What’s w…?” the words that should be spoken by her mom had never got finished and changed into a panic and hysterical scream.

“Seungyeon!”

 

 

 

Author's note:

Hello ^^ this is the Chapter 21 and a really short one update. just think of it as a "bridge-chapter"

I'll make sure that I'll make a long one for the next update. and this chapter is a special chapter for my dongsaeng shiawase :P

enjoy it!