Unexpected

Love On Fire

Love on Fire

Chapter 9 Unexpected

 

 

 

 

 

It was the first week of October and Jungkook was getting used to live in Hobie’s house. If it were up to him, he’d choose to stay and live there for as long as he can. After he and his friends met BlackPink in September, it’s seems like it’s not normal to not be around them anymore. Almost every day, they meet up with the girls at their usual place to hang out after classes. What’s not normal around the group is Taehyung’s absence. After what happened between his V hyung and Lisa, V continued to meet up with their business partners out of the country. He only gets in touch with V through video calls and text messages.

That night, Jungkook was displaying Polaroid pictures of him and his friends when Hobi came inside his room. He was printing photos from his phone using a Polaroid printer.

“Hey man, you’ve seen my screw driver? I have to lock my toys, my cousin’s coming this weekend.” Hobi asks him looking at the corkboard Jungkook was arranging.

“Oh, I borrowed it from your stock room. Here you go Hyung.” He said and returned the screw driver to his Hyung.

Hobi took it still admiring the pictures Kookie displayed.

“Hey, I remember this one.” Hobi said pulling the edges of an image of the 7 of them with Jisoo.

“Who knew she’d multiply into three more scary girls, right?” Jungkook remarked pertaining to Lisa, Jennie and Rose.

Hobi just smiled and said,

“Yeah. Scary how things went by so fast.” He recalled while staring at the picture. It was that time when Jisoo confessed to him. He was a freshman in college and she was in senior high. He just won first place at their school’s dance competition.

“I never really knew why Jisoo noona suddenly got distant from us. But I’m glad we get to hang out with her and get close with her friends nowadays.” Jungkook said staring at the same photo.

“Yeah. It’s nice to have girl friends.” Hobi commented making Jungkook look at him. He took the screw driver with him out of Kookie’s room while the latter tailed along with him.

Jungkook followed Hobi in the living room and watched his Hyung fixed the display of a pink bearbrick vinyl doll inside a glass panel.

“You never really told me what’s the story behind that one.” Jungkook wondered and looked at the other toys that are displayed in the living room. “You told me you bought the others yourself and some of those, you bought because you’re collecting them.”

“Correct.” Hobi answered still focused on fixing the pink bearbrick.

“This pink one is strange though. It looks different from all of the other bearbricks…” Jungkook stated. “You’ll never buy a fake one…so maybe…AHA! Some stupid person gave that to you and it’s probably a girl!”

Hobi hit Jungkook’s head in a snap. “Don’t go calling people stupid! That’s a bad word!”

“Geesh, what’s gotten your in a twist?”

“Jeon Jungkook where did you learn to talk like that???”

Jungkook just shrugged and lazily trailed off to his room. “I’m taking a shower now. Maybe you should too to cool off your head.”

“YA, if the time comes that you’ll take a girl seriously just make sure she doesn’t have an older brother! And make sure you’re not friends with the brother!” He yelled and Jungkook slammed his door on his face. “That’s all I can say Jungkookah. Remember that!”

“Psh, what is he saying…” Jungkook pouted and went straight inside his bathroom.



 

The next day…

At some exclusive restaurant at Gangnam, Wonwoo, Wonwoo’s parents, Jennie and Namjoon were attending a small gathering of the board of directors for one of Wonwoo’s family business – Cold Au. Jennie wasn’t in a good mood that day because she couldn’t believe that ridiculous blog tried to target her by telling everyone that she’s a playgirl. In the first month of her stay in the university, she and her friends never really cared about that obnoxious blog, but when it targeted her, she felt like a victim even though none of those rumors aren’t true.

“Here…” Wonwoo brought her a glass of champagne to which she drank until the bottom.

“Isn’t that a bad idea?” RM whispered to Wonwoo looking at Jennie.

“She’ll calm down faster, trust me.” He whispered back.

“I am so gonna get her.” Jennie spoke to herself like what she just said is an unbreakable curse.

Wonwoo and RM looked at each other and back at Jennie.

“Uh, Jen…I know you’re upset, but they’re just trying to get to you. And just like what Yoongi Hyung said, as long as the rumors in that blog aren’t true, then we have nothing to worry about. You’ll just make the problem bigger if you react upon them.” Namjoon explained to her.

“I don’t care what that grandpa told you. He’s lucky it hasn’t happened to him but the moment I saw that Namjoon-obsessed girl, she’s so dead.”

“A-are you talking about Tzuyu? You think she’s behind that blog?”

“If it weren’t her, then who? No one in the school knew about Raven Knight’s until she and her friends showed up. The next day after that, Jimin and Rose’s relationship got public because of that blog. Wasn’t a big deal then…because it was true and the two mochis are happy together not caring about it. I can’t be nice this time Namjoonie. I have to do something…”

“Who’s Tzuyu?” Wonwoo asked RM.

“She’s the one girl I want to kill right now. I think I want more champagne.”

Namjoon got alerted and paced quickly to the bar to get another glass of champagne.

Wonwoo squatted in front of her to match her level.

“What’s wrong?” He sighed.

“I TOLD YOU! IT’S THAT STUPID BLOG!” Jennie ranted and showed him the article on her phone.

It read:

Blackpink’s Jennie Kim a well behaved Play Girl?

It looks like BlackPink’s sweetheart is caught up in a middle of three boys. She’s usually seen hanging out with Suga of BTS at school but on the other picture, it seems that she also likes to play dates with BTS’ leader Rap Monster at night. This girl is unbelievably lucky! And it doesn’t stop there! Some netizens who Jennie went to school with in High School managed to send some pictures of Jennie with another handsome guy who is a professional dancer named Kai. In the picture, you can see that the two of them are seen being sweet taking the selca together.

 

Who do you think Jennie is really dating? Or is she three timing all of the guys?

Poor boys.

Good luck to your future endeavors Ms. Kim!

 

“Why do you even read this stuff, it’s nothing but crap.” Wonwoo said hiding his smile.

“IT’S INEVITABLE! THAT BLOG IS FAMOUS!”

“What do you want me to do? Do you want me to call the press and tell the whole country I’m engaged to you to shut down those rumors?” He said looking straight in her eyes. Jennie was rendered speechless. She forgot this is Wonwoo she’s speaking with. This guy is like her stop light. He always makes her realize that her problems are childish.

“Jennie?” He called her name and waited for her answer. Jennie hated it when he’s making sense. Sometimes she wished he’d just stay with his playful side because Wonwoo’s serious side is making her blush and she doesn’t like it.

She was about to say something witty when she saw her arch enemy enter the restaurant. Her anger rose up back again.

“Speaking of the witch.”

Wonwoo followed her line of sight and saw Tzuyu come in with her parents. “Is that the girl you wanted to kill?”

“Positive.” She stood up and stared at Tzuyu like looks could kill.

“Do you want me to talk to her?” He asked about to go to Tzuyu but Jennie held back his wrist and made him stay in his place.

“Don’t. Make a step forward and you’re the one who’s going to face death.” She saw her fiancé gulp in worry when she said those words. Jennie then pulled out her phone and called Suga.

“Hey Min Yoongi, it’s me…remember that debt you still owe me. Well, I’m using it now and I need you to do something…”

Wonwoo raised his eyebrows when he saw how evil Jennie’s face is turning. Whatever she’s planning with Suga, it would probably mean there’s a big trouble coming ahead.




 

Taehyung was yawning while he walked towards the airport’s arrival station. He hasn’t gotten much sleep last night because he was busy reading business proposals. Because of the economic growth of their wine business, it’s essential for him to stand in place of his father whenever there are meetings he couldn’t attend to. Not that he was complaining, but he hoped he could take a day off of work and focused on his studies instead. Even though it’s good he’s being exposed to his career like this, he still wanted to finish school on time…and then of course…there’s Lisa.

His consciousness got fully awakened when he saw his friends – Jungkookie, Jimin and Hobi – waiting for him outside.

He burst out laughing when they carried a photo frame of Lisa while singing a song called Spring day.

 

“Snowflakes are falling

Getting farther away

I miss you (I miss you)

I miss you (I miss you)

How much more do I have to wait?

How many more nights do I have to stay up?

Until I can see you? (until I can see you?)

Until I can meet you? (until I can meet you?)”

 

“Wow, you guys…you don’t have to do this. Unbelievable. You went to this extent?” V said shaking his head. He snatched the photo frame and looked at Lisa’s picture.

“Jiminnie thought you’d expect that she’d come along to pick you. But, we thought, it’ll be better if you’ll surprise her yourself. Plus we don’t want you moping around when you just got back home.” Hobi said putting his arm around Taehyung.

“I’m not moping. Geesh, I’m over it you guys! Lisa and I are good.” V said smiling at them.

“Really? You’re not upset anymore? Well, anyway it’s been almost a month.” – Jimin.

“Plus, V Hyung probably met a lot of beautiful ladies while he’s in America. I remember going there once and man those girls are different!” Jungkook exclaimed.

“Well, they are hot.” V agreed making his friends .

“Give me that. You won’t need that anymore!” Hobi snatched the photo frame and put it inside the car’s compartment. V almost ran to stop his Hyung but he thought it’s better that they knew he’s okay now. After what happened that night, he couldn’t remember how much alcohol he had drunk. All he remembers is that his friends are there sympathizing with him.

“And since you said you’re okay with it. Why don’t we visit Jin Hyung in school? He couldn’t make it here because he’s scheduled a shooting for his movie project. That would be okay right Tae? I mean in case you bumped with Lisa?”

“Yeah, of course. Why wouldn’t it be?” Tae said confidently, masking his true feelings.

They got inside Hobi’s car and drove straight to school.




 

Jin was glad he’s almost done with his movie. If only he could find the perfect actress to play in the last scene of the film then he’d be really confident he can graduate with honors. He was thinking about asking his sister to do the part, but he’s also concerned about how well she’ll do in it. Maybe he should make Jisoo do an audition video for him to make him fully convinced if she can really act.

He watches his actors act out a difficult scene and he yelled cut when his friend, Jackson, accidentally tripped on the floor.

He rushed towards his friend and held out a hand to pull him up.

“What happened?” He asked Jinyoung, one of the actors.

“He was having a bad cold this morning Director-nim. He was being a stubborn pig as well.” Jinyoung said savagely. Jackson, almost punched him if it weren’t for Jin who got in between the two actors.

“I’m fine okay! Why are you being a sissy Junior? Must you always show off??”

“I’m not trying to show off! I’m just worried about you!”

“No you’re not! You’re always making me look like an amateur next to you! You always do that!”

“Guys, guys, guys…why don’t we take a break? I understand this project is taking a toll on our stress levels. And Jackson…what are you saying? You’re no amateur. You’re a good actor.”

“Thanks…” Jackson sighed sneering at Jinyoung.

“I also think you need a day off. You need to rest man. I can’t continue doing this knowing one of you is sick.”

Jackson sighed and shook his head. He gave a nod to Jin and bumped Jinyoung’s shoulder. “I’ll see you tomorrow.”

“Can’t wait.” Jinyoung replied lazily and watches Jackson go inside his staff’s tent. He turned to Jin and found his director glaring at him.

“What? I was being nice to him. I didn’t know he’s got a problem with me.”

“Tsk, tsk. Please fix your relationship with Jackson. When it comes to work, I don’t have a problem with you guys. But as a person…it’s another thing. You keep giving me headaches.” Jin scowled and called for a wrap up.

Jin was thanking everyone when he saw Jisoo running to him with 2 bags of food.

“Oppa!!!!”

Jinyoung was suddenly curious about Jisoo when he saw her running so cute towards her brother.

“Jisooyah, what are you doing here?” Jin asked, confused why Jinyoung was suddenly standing beside him.

“I thought you and your production crew could use some hand. I even cooked these foods for you. Fighting Oppa!!!”

“Direcor-nim…is she your girlfriend?” – Jinyoung.

“What? Jisooyah’s my sister. Jisooyah…this is Jinyoungie, one of my actors.” Jin introduced them both.

“Hello!” Jisoo bowed at him and Jinyoung smiled genuinely at her and bowed back.

“What’s in here?” Jin asked curious about the food.

“Oh, there’s gimbap, samgyeopsal and kimchi in there.” She replied. “There’s also butter-fried octopus. Do you eat those, they’re yummy with 20 tentacles?” She asked Jinyoung so excitedly.

“Yes, yes. It’s okay. I eat everything.”

“Haha, since when did you become so polite?” Jin joked with Jinyoung and shook his head. “My little sister really works her magic eh. Go ahead Jisooyah, our shoot’s done anyway. You don’t want to stay here. I’ll meet you back at Raven’s.”

“Oh, okay. I’ll see you there Oppa. Bye Jinyoung-shi. Nice meeting you!” Jisoo said waving at them.

“There goes my beautiful sister.” Jin waves at her and glared back at Jinyoung. “Tchhh. Back off man, that’s my sister.” He said when he noticed that Jinyoung is still smiling smugly to where Jisoo’s at.

“She’s…”

“Pretty I know.”

“I was going to say strange…”

Jin stopped munching the gimbap and looked at Jinyoung. Then he startled the boy when he started laughing.

“You know, if you’ll just be good to Jackson, I might be okay with you crushing on my sister.” Jin said patting Junior on the back. “Here’s your share of food. I’ll be going first. See you around man.”

Jinyoung looked at the food in his hand and looked at Jin who was walking back to his trailer.



 

Back at the elite’s event…

Jennie couldn’t stop giving death glares to Tzuyu especially when she noticed that Tzuyu keep giving glances at Wonwoo.

Wonwoo then saw Jennie eyeing him with her piercing stares and suddenly gets the message. He was going back to her when Tzuyu grabbed his arm and talked to him. Fortunately, RM got her attention.

“Jendeukie, Aunt and Uncle are calling us to join them in the table. I’ll go and call Wonwoo so you can go ahead rest now.” He said pushing her shoulders to where Wonwoo’s parents at.

RM looked over to Jen to make sure she’s done what he said before going over to Wonwoo and Tzuyu. He sighed as he walks towards the two. When he learned that Jungkook’s fiancée is having a major crush on him, at first he was flattered. He actually thought about getting to know her but then he realized how she behaved so much like Jennie…not that it’s a bad thing. It’s just her maturity level doesn’t match well with him that’s why he thought it’s probably not a good idea. Plus, ruining Kookie and Tzuyu’s engagement might anger Kookie’s uncle and he doesn’t want a piece of that.

“Wonwooyah, you’re parents are looking for you.” He interrupted the two and noticed how Tzuyu’s eyes dart on him.

“Oh, you guys know each other?” Tzuyu giggled.

“He’s Jen’s fiancé. I knew him since childhood. Come on bro, you too Tzuyu. I think lunch is starting soon.” RM replied getting Wonwoo away from her clutches leaving Tzuyu shocked at what she just learned.

When all of them are gathered in the long table Tzuyu couldn’t help but grit her teeth in envy. How could someone like Jennie Kim have it all?

“Now that everyone’s here, why don’t we formally start the luncheon.” Wonwoo’s mom started. “Good afternoon everyone, I’m glad that you’ve taken your time off to attend this small gathering to celebrate our youngest company - Cold Au’s 10th anniversary. And as may all of you have known, this business wouldn’t be here right now if it weren’t for all of your hard work and faith to the company. And most importantly, I would like you all to finally meet my handsome son who started it all…Wonwooyah, please do the honors.” His mother proudly stated.

“Thanks mom, good afternoon everyone. First, I would like to apologize for only making an appearance right now. It’s been a tough year and it’s never easy to take over a business like this but with your help, we managed to save it. So thank you so much for all of your efforts and I assure you that none of it is going to be put to waste while I’m in charge of the business.” He said diplomatically and went back to his seat. Jennie smiled at him and pinched his side cutely making him laugh in discreet.

The luncheon was going well. The topics of the elite people ranges from politics to good housekeeping to Wonwoo and Jennie’s engagement.

“How long do you two plan to be engaged?” Wonwoo’s dad asked the two of them. Some of the board already knew this, but some – like Tzuyu and her mom – doesn’t.

“We’re taking our time Dad. Plus, Jen-jen wanted to finish her school first before the wedding.”

“Oh, you two. Please don’t take too long to decide. I don’t want to die not seeing any grandchildren!” Wonwoo’s mom complained making everyone laugh.

RM was enjoying the view that is Jennie getting flustered by Wonwoo’s mother. Wonwoo by winking at her which made it worst for Jennie that she hid her face on his shoulder. Wonwoo laughed and kissed her forehead.

“How about you Joonie Hyung, when do you plan to get married?” Wonwoo asked RM giving him the spotlight. Jennie looked at RM and gestured a warning sign at him to which he only laughed at.

“Yeah, how are you these days Namjoonie? I heard your dad wanted to marry you off with the Ambassador’s daughter in Japan?” Wonwoo’s dad asked.

“Oh, it wasn’t like that at all. I can’t handle spoiled girls anyway. I’m not like Wonwoo who can tame girls like his fiancée.”

“Oh be quiet!” Jennie shut him off and made the luncheon even more entertaining.

 

 

 

 

 

It was until the topic of Tzuyu’s engagement with the senator’s nephew Jeon Jungkook was brought up when everybody turned quiet. If it weren’t for the classical music, it would’ve been really awkward. It was obvious that even Tzuyu’s mom didn’t like having the topic. It didn’t mean that she doesn’t like Jung Kook for Tzuyu, she just wished Tzuyu’s fiancé cared about her daughter the way Wonwoo cares about Jennie. If only she can disagree to the engagement, she will, but she’s not one to make complications towards the senator’s decision.

“To tell you the truth, I’m not comfortable with my daughter’s engagement to Jeon Jungkook. Unlike your son and his fiancée, the two of them don’t see each other from eye to eye.”

“Mom…” Tzuyu muttered.

“It’s alright my dear…”

“Can we do something to help?” Wonwoo’s mom asked.

“It’s fine. I think the senator’s nephew is a good kid. If ever the wedding will push through, I know they’ll work things out.”

Having Tzuyu’s mom said that, Jennie and Tzuyu locked eyes as if they both knew what each other are thinking about. It’s obviously not going to work out.

After the luncheon, Jennie went to excuse Tzuyu from a group of mid thirties to talk about her plan. She brought her out the terrace to talk with her alone.

“What now, are you going to brag to my face how lucky you are?!” Tzuyu ranted in frustration. “It’s so unfair!” She stomped her feet and sat on the bench.

“Tch. The truth is…I don’t actually hate you. I just hated myself for allowing these things to happen. I wished I could’ve stopped the engagement from the start but I didn’t. I had the opportunity, but I didn’t grab it. I was thinking that if I have Jung Kook close to me then I could use him to get to Namjoon Oppa…but it didn’t turn out the way I planned. I could’ve saved me and JK’s friendship but…we hated each other so bad, now it’s impossible.”

“Ya, don’t go mushy on me just because you’re feeling all depressed and regrettable. I don’t do this a lot but I was actually going to do you a favor.” Jennie snapped and looked at her nails.

“Huh?”

Jennie looked at her wrist watch and looked at her.

“Right now, Yoongi Oppa , Hobi Oppa and Jungkookie are probably inside the senator’s mansion trying to forge documents…”

“WHAT???”

 

 

At the Jeon’s mansion…

“Why are we included in this Hyung? As far as I know, it’s only you who owed Jennie a favor not us!” Hobi complained as they walk inside the senator’s office.

“AHA, here it is! The deed of the engagement contract!” Jungkook pulled out a parchment from one of the drawers and showed it to his Hyungs. “Hobi Hyung, are the cameras disabled?”

“YEP! We got 5 minutes until it turns back on again.”

“Alright, let’s do this…” Suga said stretching his fingers as he uses one of his many talents of help.

 

“By this time, your mother will receive a call from the Senator that he’s changed his mind about the engagement. The moment you went back to your mom, you’re already released from the chains of hell that is your engagement.” Jennie narrated like she’s the head leader of a spy agency.

Tzuyu couldn’t believe it. She ran past Jennie and went over to her mother who looks like she just finished talking to her phone.

“It was the senator…he called off your engagement.” Tzuyu’s mom muttered.

“What? Did I hear it correctly? You and Jeon Jungkook aren’t engaged anymore?” Jennie gasped and acted like she was surprised gaining the attention of some press who just arrived. Some press-people went and interviewed Mrs. Chou while Tzuyu grabbed Jennie’s arm and they talked inside the ladies’ room.

“Now that’s unexpected.” Jennie sighed making Tzuyu frown. Tzuyu then realized she underestimated Jennie.

“You planned this didn’t you?” Tzuyu asked.

“Well, isn’t this what you really wanted?”

Tzuyu doesn’t know how to react. She fell for Jennie’s trap the moment she wanted to become friends with her.

“H-how did you do it?” Tzuyu asked that made Jennie scoff.

“Let’s just say I got triggered. I could’ve thought of something more creative but time’s running out and that blog is making me really angry.”

Jennie noticed how uneasy Tzuyu become at the mention of the blog.

“Now…aren’t you going to ask me why did I do it?”

Jennie smirked and crossed her arms.

“Who’s behind that blog, Tzuyu? I know you couldn’t do it alone, who else is helping you?”

Tzuyu’s eyes got wider to what Jennie just said. This girl is really not one to cross with.


 

 

 

 

Rose and Lisa were walking together to go home that day when they saw Jimin and Taehyung walking towards their direction.

Taehyung was walking…Jimin was sprinting towards his girlfriend.

“CHAEYOUNGAHH!” Jimin attacked Rose with a big hug and the both of them almost crashed to the ground.

“I missed you Chaeyiii!” Jimin sang as he hug her like he’s a panda and she’s a bamboo.

“What did I tell you Oppa?!”

“O- sorry. No skinship in public...especially when Lisa’s around…” Jimin restrained himself. “But I can hold your hand though.” Jimin insinuated and held Rose’s hand.

Rose just laughed at her boyfriend’s cuteness and turned to Lisa who was shyly looking at the other direction.

“Omo, I didn’t notice you there Taehyung-shi. You’re finally back!” Rose exclaimed and then she turned to Lisa again who was smiling awkwardly.

“Tae-Tae and I were just talking about hanging out later at Hobi Hyung’s place. Do you girls want to come?”

“Sure, I’ll be there.” Rose nodded. She’s not saying a word to Lisa or Taehyung but it’s obvious that there’s still tension between the both of them. “Lisa will be coming too. Right Lisa?”

“Um-”

Before Lisa could speak, Taehyung interrupted her and spoke first.

“Hey guys, I think I’ll be going first. It’s been a long time since I’ve said hi to my professors. Excuse me…” Taehyung just made that up to make the situation a little less bearable.

“YAA TAEHYUNGAH!” Jimin called but V ignored his friend. The only thing that got his attention was when a guy who was running past him was calling Lisa’s name.

“LALISA!!! MY BEATIFUL NOOOOONA!!!!”

 

Bambam run towards where Lisa and her friends were at. Ever since that night when he talked to her, he couldn’t detach himself from the girl. Bambam knows that he’s not crushing on her; he was getting close to her in the first place just because Lay asked him so. But nowadays, it felt like being with Lisa was being with a real friend.

“Hi Noona! Hey guys!” Bambam greeted them. “Are you guys going to hang out? Can I come?”

“Tch. Why are you always being so extra?” Lisa laughed.

“No you can’t come! It’s exclusive for BTS and Blackpink members only. Sorry man. You’re only limit is at Raven’s. But in Hobi Hyung’s house…it’s much too personal. You might puke at the scene if you come along.” Jimin joked but meant it when he said Bambam couldn’t come.

“Aigoo…is that so?”

“You and I can hang out later.” Lisa suggested.

“O! It’s the lantern festival tonight right?” Bambam remembered. He’s also aware of Jimin and Rose whispering to each other probably wondering what’s the real relationship between him and Lisa.

“Yeah, we can go later.”

“AWESOME! I’ll see you by the Han river then.” Bambam saluted and waved goodbye.

The three of them walked towards the bus stop while Rose couldn’t stop complaining at how annoying Bambam is.

“Why are you hanging out so much with that guy? I don’t trust him.”

“Hmm…he’s always presenting himself whenever I need a friend. You’re busy nowadays; if you’re not studying you’re with him.” Lisa accused Jimin.

“Well, you can always go with us.” Jimin said not able to look at Lisa.

“Tch. No thanks.”

“If you only dated Taehyung…”

“OPPA!” Rose scolded Jimin.


 


 

After their task at the Senator’s mansion, Jungkook, Hobi and Suga were driving to Raven Knight’s to grab some food. They were playing a song called “I Need U” and while the two Hyungs were seriously talking, Jungkook was fast asleep at the back because he slept lightly last night due to Hobi’s ruckus on the living room.

“So Taehyung was really back huh? How is he?” Suga asked Hobi who was on the wheel.

“Oh you know same as always. But it’s so very obvious he still hasn’t moved on.” Hobi answered recalling the way Taehyung acted earlier.

“It’s not easy what he’s going through. I mean it could be just shallow for you, but being rejected by a girl is not a joke. If I didn’t know Tae, I’d say it’s just a little crush…but I know that friend and I think he was really in love. I’ve never seen him so hurt that he’s drunken 10 beers in one night to forget it even happened.”

“I agree. Imagine if he didn’t get rejected. What would that be like for us?” Hobi wondered making Suga laugh.

“What are you implying Hoseok? Are you getting pressured because the little ones are getting girlfriends and we’re not?”

“I’m just giving you a situation here. The little ones are growing up. It’s even a miracle that this guy stays single now, given the female population that wanted him to be their boyfriend is up the most.” Hobi said talking about Jungkook. “Hey d’you think it was a bad idea that we let him off of that engagement? He’s technically 100% back in the market again.”

“That’s the least of our problems. Jungkook will never date at this rate. He’s too busy.”

Then a moment passed and Hobi thought of opening up to Suga. He learned a lot from Jimin and V that girls that are special should be treasured. And this is the first step to do that.

“You know Hyung…I never really told this to anyone…but I actually rejected Jisoo.”

Jungkook’s eyes shot open at the unexpected revelation. Suga was drinking from his water bottle and he spat it on Hobi’s face on cue.

“I KNEW IT! I KNEW IT!” Jungkook yelled and jumped to his seat.

“Jungkookaah, I’ll drop you off at home in case Jimin and the guys come early.” Hobi said wiping his face.

“Huh, but, I want to go and see you see Jisoo noona!” Kookie complained and clutched Hobi’s seat.

“Oh my god…oh my god…” Suga chanted in English, still shocked about the revelation.

“I should not have said that.” Hobi muttered to himself but it was too late.

 

 

 

 

Jisoo and Jennie’s shift at the restaurant just started and they felt like they’ve been doing this for years. The restaurant feels like home now that they bonded well even with their customers. While on their break, Jennie and Namjoon are busy playing darts when Jin came in with Jinyoung.

“Hey Joonie, hey Jen.” Jin greeted everyone.

“HEY!” They greeted back.

“Where’s my sis?”

“Hi Oppa!” Jisoo greeted from the kitchen. The flour on her face is a proof that she’s been baking. “O, Jinyoungie!”

“Omo-she remembers me!” Jinyoung gasped and turned to Jin.

“Tch. Be quiet while I’m still good to you. I’m going to pee first.” Jin excused himself and went to the rest room. Jinyoung found this as an opportunity to talk to Jisoo.

 

“So…you make gimbap, samgyeopsal and you fry octopus. And now you bake too?” Jinyoung asks Jisoo who was putting icing to a cupcake.

“If you’re stuck with a brother like Jin Oppa, you’ll understand that it’s essential to be good at cooking.” –Jisoo.

“So…what else do you do?”Jinyoung asked scooting closer to the bar counter.

“Hmm…I like playing board games. Besides eating, I also read a lot. I like romance novels.”

“Really? Like what novels?”

“Umm…last I’ve read is…”

“ELEANOR & PARK!” Both of them said.

“OMO!” Jisoo palmed and Jinyoung mirrored her reaction.

“I love that book! Their story was unique!” – Jinyoung.

“Are you kidding, they represent couple goals!”

 

It was that scene that Hobi and Suga came into that made Hobi confused.

“Who’s that guy?” Suga asked Hobi.

Hobi didn’t like the feeling of this. It felt like he knew he’s going to suffer soon

“I don’t know. You tell me.” Hobi answered while he watched Jisoo laugh with someone else that’s not him or his friends. From that moment on, he definitely regretted rejecting her.



 

 

That night at Hobi’s place, Taehyung came later than his friends. He went inside the house and he saw Jungkook opening the door for him.

“Hyung you made it!” – Jungkook.

“Hey bro, what are you guys doing?” – Tae.

“We just started playing Jenga!”

V tagged along and found Jimin, Rose and Mingyu at the coffee table playing the game.

“He’s here!” Jimin announced and V saw Rose waving at him.

“Oh, Hyung, this is my friend Mingyuyah. Mingyuyah, this is the guy I was telling you about. He’s my idol.” Jungkook nudged Mingyu.

“Hello. Nice to meet you!” – Mingyu.

“Glad to meet you. Um…” V looks around hoping to see Lisa.

“If you’re looking for Lisa-shi, she’s upstairs watching Goblin.” Jungkook whispered to V and walked back to the game. V just sighed and chose to play Jenga instead.

 

After 4 more rounds and 4 losses by fault of Jimin, they all quit and decided to do something else. Mingyu decided to leave early because he has to attend a field trip the next day that’s why he couldn’t stay any longer. After that, Rose brought Jimin to the kitchen and tried to teach him how to cook Carbonara while Jungkook and V stayed in the living room playing Tekken7.

“Yes! Yes!” Jungkook cheered anticipating for his win.

“Oh no you don’t.” V suddenly made a counter attack that suddenly k-oed Jungkook’s character.

“REMATCH!” Jungkook yelled almost throwing his joystick in frustration.

“Haha, accept the fact that there are things where you can’t be the best at.” V boasted confidently.

Jungkook turned quiet taking the game seriously this time.

The match has started and Taehyung was in a good start when Lisa decided to come downstairs. Jungkook flashed a smile and combined attacked V’s character the moment his opponent got distracted.

“HA! YOU LOST THIS TIME HYUNG!”

“AISH! SERIOUSLY!” V tossed the joystick and landed on Kookie’s abs. He got up and went straight to the dining area and got surprised when he saw Lisa eating some gimbap on the table.

He didn’t know what to do. Should he pretend that he didn’t see her or just bear the awkwardness? Taehyung didn’t know he was staring at her when she finally spoke.

“You can have some. I’ll just eat upstairs.” She said in her tiny voice.

Taehyung pinched the bridge of his nose when he let her disappear from the area. He doesn’t know what to do with her. Is this the consequence of being a rejected man?

“Hyung? Are we still going to play?” Jungkook asked bringing him back to the present. “Oh, I just remembered. I have something to show you. Come on let’s go.”

Jungkook called Jimin as well, but as they were walking upstairs, Taehyung heard Lisa and Rose talking.

“Um, I’ll be there. I’ll just get some food.” Taehyung told his friends and he followed the voices.

 

“You’re really going out with that guy?” Rose asked concerned about her friend.

“Yeah. Is that bad?” Lisa said while she fixes her stuff.

“Lisa…I don’t trust that guy. He’s…he’s making me feel uncomfortable. I don’t want to see you get hurt again. After-”

“Chaeyoungah…whatever happened last month is over now. Can’t you see? I’m fine, Taehyungah’s back and it looks like he’s fine too!”

“Both of you aren’t fine! Don’t kid yourself because you’re afraid to ask Lisa.” Rose was deeply concerned about her friend. Sometimes she thinks that ever since Bambam, Lisa was beginning to rebel more often.

“We’re not doing this. I’m out of here.” Lisa was about to go when she felt guilty about saying those things to Rose. She sighed and turned to her best friend.

“I’ll be fine okay. We’re just friends trust me. And don’t wait up or else I’ll be hitting Jimin in your place.”

“You don’t have to pretend that you’re okay when you’re not…”

V couldn’t handle hearing anymore of this and he went upstairs with his friends. If Lisa wanted to see other guys then he’ll let her do that. He’ll probably just wait a long time to get over her but if it’ll make her happy, he’ll let her like another guy. He just wishes himself a good luck and hopes that he can bear that kind of hell.

 

He watches her walk away again from the window and went inside Kookie’s room.

“Ya, Tae, what took you so long?” Jimin asked hugging a stuffed toy from Kookie’s bed.

“Look here Hyung, isn’t this perfect?” Jungkook showed him a wall of Polaroid pictures of them from then until now. The wall was decorated with lights and screen wires but it was a pleasant view to look at.

“Amazing isn’t it? Our Jungkookie’s really a creative genius.” Jimin said proudly about the maknae who couldn’t stop grinning from ear to ear.

“Oh, hey this is the time when we ruined Business department’s anniversary week!” Jimin cited happily.

“Look, there’s Suga Hyung dressed as a maid in one of our outreach events!” – Taehyung.

“Oppa! Jimin Oppa! Can you come down here for a sec?” Jimin heard Rose calling him and he dashed downstairs in an instant.

“O, my Chaeyi’s calling. Wait a sec my friends.”

 

 

“You did a really good job here JK.”

“Yep. My creativity flows as long as I’m not with my uncle. Or Tzuyu.” JK agreed smiling at his Hyung.

“O, speaking of Tzuyu. Congratulations on being free again.”

“Oh, thanks. It was Jen Noona’s idea.”

“So I heard.” Taehyung said while looking at each of the 200+ pictures displayed on JK’s wall.

“Hey V Hyung…I’m not like one to ask but…what’s you and Lisa-shi’s real status? Are you like friends again? You know you got us all worried after that night…when you, you know, got really drunk…”

“Hmm…I don’t know. For now, I’m letting God decide. I’m just going to wait for a sign until…” His eyes suddenly stopped at one particular photo. V picked it up and held it closer to his face. He felt his heart was beating so fast, he felt like fate is playing with him. He stood in place for a brief moment and turned to Jungkook.

“Jungkookah…will you be kind and tell me that that girl isn’t…who…I….think it is…”

Jungkook frowned and get the photo from V’s hands. He looked closely at the photo where He, Jimin and V were posed inside a cruise ship in Thailand last year before the school year started. That was one of their greatest trips they went to as friends and seeing that photo again in another light was almost as overwhelming as the memory itself.

“Isn’t this…”

“It can’t be, right?”

“Hyung, I think this is the sign you were looking for.”

Taehyung bolted right away from Jungkook’s room outside the house. Because what Jungkook and V saw in that photo was none other than Lisa. She coincidently got photographed with them in that shot. She wasn’t blonde back then, but everything about that girl in the photo screamed Lisa.

“Oh my god, this day is full of surprises!” Jungkook let himself fell on his bed. Then Jimin and Rose came inside his room worried about V.

“Why is that guy screaming ‘Destiny, Destiny’ and why is he running?” Jimin asked while Rose was in awe at the sight of JK’s wall.

JK held a Polaroid photo and Jimin snatched it away from his hands.

“HOLY MOTHER OF JAMS!” Jimin gasped and Rose couldn’t help but take a glance on the photo. To say that shocking was an understatement, they couldn’t believe it was possible. Taehyung and Lisa almost met before!

 



 

Lisa was walking to her and Bambam’s meeting place when he recalls her days with Taehyung. When she saw him earlier at school, she really wanted to hug him. Right when she realized that she’s finally okay with liking him or even loving him, he turned cold and distant to her.

“What should I do? I can’t keep on running away like this?”

She was in deep thoughts when Bambam showed up and he was giving her a lantern.

“Hey Noona!”

Lisa took the lantern and smiled at him.

“Wow! This looks awesome!”

“Come on, let’s go to the center. The view is better from there.”

Lisa suddenly remembered Taehyung talking about the view from his rooftop that night he asked her to be his girl. She shook those thoughts away and continue to walk with Bambam when she thought she heard V’s voice. At first she was ignoring it but as her paces got slower, the voice gets louder.

“LISAYAH! BABY!!!”

That’s when she knew that she’s not hallucinating. She turned around and she was right. It was Taehyung.

“Taehyung-shi?”

“A-are you really going out with this guy?” He said panting. “Oh my god, why does it always end up like this when I try to talk to you. First it was the party…then it was that rainy night…now this?”

Lisa just stared at him, hanging open. She’s afraid of what might he do seeing that he’s chased after her like this. He could be crazy sometimes…more often than sometimes.

After a few more breaths…

“Baby…please come to me. Stay by my side and stand by me…” He said gesturing his hand for her to come to him.

Bambam was not happy with Taehyung and his surprises. Of all the things he hates the most, it’s people taking his friends away from him. At first, he doesn’t really care about Taehyung, but when he started treating Lisa as a real friend, he felt like Taehyung’s there to steal her away from him.

“Go away! Lisa doesn’t care about you. After you left, you just proved to her that she doesn’t matter to you. And it’s mutual. Just get lost!”

“WHO THE IS THIS GUY?” Taehyung shouted back at Bambam. He’s never been this angry before. Right now, he can feel the veins on his neck protrude out of his muscles.

He took a deep breath once again and calmed himself. Is he wrong again? Would getting mad at them make everything better?

“Okay fine. You know what, I’ll be fair. Since, it’s your date tonight. I won’t meddle fine. Fine. Tch. Even if you reject me 100 times, I won’t give up!” Taehyung turned around and brushed his hair away from his forehead. He should have think first before acting like a stupid moron. It still pained him to be rejected. But, if it’s Lisa, he won’t mind. That’s how she’s important to him. He left the premises and decided that maybe it wasn’t a good night for late confessions.

 

 

 

 

Lisa was pinned to her position. Why is Taehyung being like that? She was confused and her instincts were telling her to go after him.

“That’s right get lost.” She heard Bambam muttered and that ended her patience. He was holding on to her wrist when she stopped him from walking any more further.

“I don’t think I can come with you to the center.” She told him apologetically.

“Huh, what are you saying? We’re going to miss the best part!”

“Bambam…I’m in love with him.”

It felt good to finally say the truth.

Lisa felt his hold loosen on her wrist.

“You’re being shallow. That’s not love. You don’t just say that!”

“I’m not just saying that. I really meant it. I can’t see him suffer anymore because of me. And I can’t let him walk away this time. I’m sorry, but I can’t go with you.” Lisa said returning the lantern to his hands. “I’m really sorry, but coming with you will hurt him more. And I don’t want that. I want to protect him now. I’m really, really sorry.” She sprinted her way to find Taehyung, and this time she’s ready to face him.

Lisa was running for quite some time looking for Tae when she finally found him across the street, his back was facing on her. She doesn’t know why, but this felt like déjàvu. Something about this scene felt so familiar, she doesn’t know where and how it’d happened before.

 

She smiled and run to him hugging him from the back.

 

Taehyung was feeling numb that night. He doesn’t care what time it is or where he was. All he can think about is her again. What’s the point of moving on when you just keep coming back to where you started? This is what he was thinking about when someone bumped his back and hugged him.

He thought he was being attacked by thugs but he noticed the sweet scent and realized it was no thug who was hugging him.

“Y-ya” Is that all Taehyung could say. He gulped. He didn’t expect that this’ll happen soon.

“I missed you. I missed you so much.” She breathed in his scent and she smiled when she felt that he was tensed.

Taehyung’s smile slowly broke to his face and he held her hands tightly.

“Lisa…baby?”

“Yeah?”

“Baby?”

“Hmm?”

“I-I missed you too.” He said still couldn’t believe that she’s letting him call her baby.

Taehyung closed his eyes and lived the moment. He leaned his head back until it reaches hers. He turned around to face her and this time, he hugged her properly.

“I’m probably dead aren’t I?” He whispered pulling her closer.

“You want me to poke your eye just to check?” She pulled away just to .

“Why don’t you kiss me instead?” He joked while they were hugging. “OUCH, not my belly fat!” He yelped when she lightly punched his stomach.

“At least you know you’re not dead yet.”

“I wouldn’t mind dying now that I know you’re mine.”

“Really? Should I kill you now for making me wait last time?”

“Let’s just stay like this for now…I should warn you though, if Jimin’s a touchy-touchy guy then don’t expect me to be the same.”

“Good. I’m not that into skinships.”

Taehyung laughed and buried his face on the crook of her neck. “I’m actually worst.”

“Oh no…” Lisa screamed when she felt his hug got tighter and that he was slightly lifting her up from the ground.
 

 

 

Hobi came home late that night and he found Jungkook still awake studying his lectures. Because Hobi was feeling hungry, he ordered chicken and decided to take a hot shower.

On the other hand, Jungkook was feeling hot that he was only wearing sweat pants and nothing on his top. Because he just got out from shower and he was drying his hair while he was studying.

He was so into his lectures when he heard Hobi called him to answer the door to get the chicken.

Jungkook was so sleepy he didn’t notice that it was no chicken delivery guy. It was a girl. A tall cute girly girl who was very lucky to catch him wearing nothing but his pants.

“Woah…are those real!?!” The girl gasped and touched his toned pack stomach.

Jungkook felt embarrassed and he covered himself with the nearest gnome. When Hobi showed up by the front step, he bolted inside like a lost boy.

Who was that weirdo?










 

 

 

 

 

 

 

a/n

And that's how it'll end for Taelice and the start of new stories I should come up with. If some of you aren't aware, I'm writing one shots for this series and here's the link to that: http://www.asianfanfics.com/story/view/1201582/2/lof-love-on-fire-one-shots-rose-jimin-bts-seventeen-wonwoo-lisa-blackpink

Don't worry Jisoo and Hobi shippers...they will have their moments I promise you that. Haha. Did you guys watch Inkigayo earlier? DID YOU SEE THE INTERACTION? OMG, SUGAAAA WHAT ARE YOU DOING AHHAHAHAA.

 

To all my filipino readers, hello po!

Nakakaloka kayo! Chos lang, ang hirap mag ipon ng 13k para sa concert ng BTS. Huhubells.