Last Dance (part 1)

Love On Fire

 

Last Dance

 

Five long minutes have passed since Hoseok and Jisoo left Eunseo and Jungkook alone in one room. Both of them are feeling awkward about what they learned about each other that no one dared to break the ice.

Eunseo was waiting patiently for her cousin to storm back in the room but as the minutes went by, Hoseok or Jisoo did not come in later.

She panicked when Jungkook sat closer to her on the bed.

"So...you do really like me?" The boy cleared his throat.

"Shut up. You knew that already."

"Still, I have to hear it again from you. I really like you Eunseo."

Eunseo scoffed and watched her clear manicured nails. Now that they both know they have feelings for each other, she was confused if she's going to move forward with him, or are they going to stay as friends.

"Boys." She sighed. She thought that if there's anyone who should make a move, it has to be him.

"Girls."

A couple of awkward silence later, Eunseo's phone rang.

"Hello?" She answered then looked at Jungkook.

"Seo, you okay right?" It was Suga.

"I'm fine."

"You with JK? You're not having your first date in a room aren't you?" He chuckled.

"What do you mean date?" She blushed making the guy beside her confused.

"Get down here you two or I'll-"

"You're here?"

Jungkook frowned at the thought that someone has asked her out while he was being a slow idiot. His fear had pushed him to grab her phone.

"You dare to ask my girlfriend out!?" He yelled furiously on the phone.

"Girlfriend?" Seo whispered, happy about it.

To their surprise, the door opened revealing Yoongi who was on the phone.

"Hyung?" Jungkook announced and looked at Eunseo's phone. There he saw the caller ID and it was indeed Suga.

"We need to go. Hoseok and Jisoo's in trouble." He said with a grim on his face.

"W-what do you mean?"

 

 

FLASHBACK

Yoongi was pacing back and forth waiting for his friends to go down when he received a message from Jennie.

Devil Wears Chanel: I'm not pregnant!

"Phew, for Wonwoo though..."

He types in his reply which was less than 3 characters which will surely make Jennie's eye roll in annoyance. He then proceeds to take a step upstairs when something caught his eye from the window.

His brows furrowed as two uninvited guests make their way inside the Kim's house. His mind didn't give him enough time to process everything but he's sure that if he doesn't do anything now, everything they planned will be ruined.

Then he realized something...

Maybe it is better to not do anything.

END OF FLASHBACK

 

 

"The Frat Lord came with his spawn and you played dead the whole time?" Jungkook exclaimed in awe. "That's genius!"

"I know." Yoongi shrugged while Eunseo shook her head in disappointment. She thought Lay was pretty gullible to believe such thing.

"You're so awesome, hyung"

"I didn't do much...."

"Still that was pretty smart"

Eunseo glared at the guys who took their time discussing stealth moves. She was completely not feeling the timing of such bromance not when her cousin and future cousin-in-law is in trouble.

She clapped her hands so loud that the two finally paid her attention. "Yes, yes that was pretty awesome but can we now get back to the plan." She eyed both boys.

"How can we proceed now that the enemy has taken two of our allies?"

Yoongi smirked at her. "Do you think we don't have a backup for this, maknae?"

"Well you better have or else it's my boyfriend's going to be thrown somewhere they all speak English." Her voice raised a little in concern.

"Aw, dude, she called me her boyfriend..." Jungkook gushed at his hyung.

"Let's just get in the car!" Eunseo blushed passing through the boys. When she got to the gate, the boys looked at each other like they were reading their minds.

Yoongi's brain: Are you seriously letting her out tonight?

Jungkook's brain: You think I shouldn't?

Yoongi's brain: It's your girl man. I mean if it was mine, I'd protect her by making sure she's not around.

Jungkook's brain: Hmm...you got a point. This night might get dangerous...

Unaware of the hushed discussion going on behind her, Eunseo was looking forward to kick some tonight.

"Guys, we don't have all night." She said getting impatient.

The boys were walking towards her making her relieved. When they got close, she frowned her brows when Yoongi smiled too politely at her then left her with Jungkook. It was weird because Yoongi never smiled like that before.

When she turned to Jungkook, she could tell he was bothered.

"What's up?" She looked at him.

He couldn't look her in the eye but he was just sporting a boyish grin like he wanted to say something but he couldn't.

"JK?"

"Huh?"

"Is ther.."

She wasn't able to continue what she wanted to ask since his lips were on hers in an instant. It only happened for a few seconds but damn she felt massive shocks all around her body.

"I'm sorry. It's for the best."

That's all she's ever heard from him before she felt him kiss her on the forehead. That and the sound of the gate locking her inside.

After a few seconds, she snapped out of it and tried opening the gate. It didn't open even after entering the password three times.

"JEON JUNGKOOK YOU BASTARD!"

Those two just locked her in crushing her dreams of kicking .

 

 

 

.........................................

Jimin's face will turn into a permanent scowl if Jennie continues to fuss about literally everything. First, she was whining on the phone with Wonwoo saying sorry about the whole baby thing then she was pulling her hair out of frustration when Lisa called saying something about V's warning and now she's making him hold her mirror for him!

If it wasn't for Chaeyoung, he'll never put up with this girl even though she's his sister's sister-in-law.

"Hold it up!" Jennie raised Jimin's hands to her face level because the compact mirror was slowly pulling down.

"You've been staring at the same face for 15 minutes!"

Jennie rolled her eyes. "We've been at each other's tail for months now. I'm sure you can put up for another 15 minutes." She says as she continues to put on some pressed powder under her eyes.

Jimin sighs in defeat. He looked around and see more cars coming around the parking lot. In their school, black tie events like these are something to look forward to. It gives the girls an excuse to buy expensive dresses like what Jennie was wearing and boys like him an excuse to ditch and hang out with the guys instead. But that was clearly before he got into a serious relationship.

His sharp eyes spotted Taehyung at the entrance with Bambam. His friend found his eye, slightly nodding at him. Jimin smirked shaking his head. His best friend already looks like a heart breaker but how he looks now will make girls even more thirsty.

When Taehyung looked away, he followed his sight tilting the mirror in his hands instantly making Jennie pissed at him.

"That's it Park Jimin, you are officially the worst date ever. I'm giving you a 2 out of 10." Jennie blabbered but none of that got through her date's ears when all his attention was on a red convertible Ford Mustang.

The sleek car was definitely not hard to miss especially when it carries passengers like his friends and their dates. One of those people is his undeniably gorgeous girlfriend.

Chaeyoung pursed her lips reaching for Namjoon's hand as she gets out his car. As soon as she's out, her eyes found his. She tilted her head and gave him her best smile.

Jimin's eyes followed her until they were inside the premises. He wasn't the only one doing that since Taehyung was exactly the same when it comes to his girl who was being assisted by his Jin hyung to their table.

He gave another sigh finally turning his head to his date. Jennie just finished doing her retouch which only took two minutes but what surprised him was the words that came out next.

"So Yoongi just texted." She took a deep breath then continued.

"Hobi-oppa and Jisoo unnie...they're with Lay. We need to go plan B."

Jimin gritted his teeth worried what this night will bring to them. He absolutely hope they wouldn't result to plan B but seeing that the bad guys already took two of his friends, it couldn't be helped.

Jennie noticed his change of mood and as a good date, she reached for his hand and pulled him towards the entrance. "Are you doubting we'll fail this Jiminnie? Come on, if The Circle wins this then I don't think my friends and yours will work out fine in the future."

Jimin looked at her appreciating her words. "We'll win this."

"That's the Jimin spirit." Jennie chuckled.

Inside the venue, everything seems to be normal. Jen and Jimin were joined by some seniors Jennie knew from Suga's circle.

"Hey, you Seoltang's friend right?"

"Zico, right?" Jennie smiled at him.

"Yeah, and you're...." He stalled.

"Jennie. This is my date, Park Jimin."

"Hi, I think we met at Neon Clouds before..."

While it was fun and chitchat in Jen and Jimin's table, it was the opposite in the fearsome foursome's table. It was bad enough that Suga texted them that Jisoo and Hobi were out. Now, Lisa, Chaeyoung, Namjoon and Jin were seated beside Nayeon, Tzuyu and their dates.

Things got more intense when Nayeon wouldn't even hide her animosity towards the girl across her. She keeps giving Lisa an accusing glare which makes everyone's guard up. Even Tzuyu was sneering at Chaeng because she stole her chance of being Namjoon's date tonight.

"Should we move to another table?" Seokjin bluntly voice out.

Namjoon just cleared his throat to shut him up.

"That dress is soo last season," Nayeon scoffed at Lisa's outfit.

"If it's so last season then I bet it'll cost more than you can afford." Chaeyoung retorted making Nayeon's jaw drop surprised that this soft meek girl has some fire to her. The latter excused herself to get some refreshments. Tzuyu followed right behind.

Lisa pinched her friend's side.

"I just hate when people do that especially in front of your friends. She acts like she's so expensive when her personality is trash."

"Chaeng..."

Chaeyoung crossed her arms and conceded. "I just want this night to be over."

 

 

 

..........................

"Are you sure she won't break up with me after this?" Jungkook bit his lip as he ponders about what he did to Eunseo.

"Relax Kook, you just turned boyfriend and girlfriend an hour ago. For sure that won't happen. I hope..." Yoongi whispered the last sentence but JK was able to caught it causing him to worry even more.

They were parking Yoongi's Bmw at the moment. It's still not too late to turn back if Jungkook decided to take his girlfriend with him.

Yoongi can sense JK's concern. He couldn't blame the guy. All those years of playing with his maknae friends has gotten hold of his youth that relationships with girls seems too difficult to handle.

"Give me your phone..."

"Eh?"

Yoongi glared at him to make sure that he's not kidding about his request. JK pulled his phone in an instant.

When Yoongi got it, he opened the messaging app and typed something....

After 10 seconds, JK's phone was back on his hands.

"What did you..."

I care for you a lot...saranghae~

"HYUNG!" The maknae wailed blushing thinking about what will happen now that he's dropped the L word via text. He wanted to cry on the spot. He was even thinking of taking her to a date where he'll say those words now it's over and done and it won't be sweet anymore.

"Focus, JK! Eunseo knows what this night means to all of us. So take that whatever you did back at the house, she'll understand. She has to."

Jungkook closed his eyes finally giving in.

"Now let's wait for Mingyu to come over. He said he'll meet us here..." The wiser one said checking his phone for updates.

"What's the news inside?" JK asks massaging his temples.

"The program has started. Jin hyung's awarding will be soon."

"I hope Hobi hyung's fine..."

Yoongi couldn't agree more.

 

 

 

.......................................................

Hobi tried his best to focus his eyes in front of him. He wasn't unconscious or anything like that, in fact if he didn't know he's being held hostage by the enemy, he thought this blindfolding and tying thing was a bit fun. He smirked to himself thinking if his friends would know how he feels about this they'd be like...

Namjoon: erted horse...

Yoongi: Jin hyung's influencing you too much...

Jin: Hmm...what would my sister think?

"NO!" He was fully conscious at that thought. He finally has a clear view of where he is, who he's with and what they were asking.

"Hand over the account..." Lay demanded with a hard expression.

"What account?" Hobi blurted taking in the place he was held captive. It was the fraternity's hideout – The underground library. No wonder it was closed during the night. One member of the circle is the library's head boy.

"Still playing innocent are we?" Lay smirked while showing him the Joker mask. "Jinyoung..."

Jinyoung stepped forward with Jisoo who's hands were tied behind her. "Take your hands off me you filthy bastard!"

"Ya, let her go! What does she have to do with all this?"

"What kind of a frat bribes and bullies others!" Jisoo spat not containing her anger.

Lay just smirked at her.

"Let's see if you can keep that smug face after this night is over," Jisoo smirked back making Lay look hostile towards her.

Jinyoung untied Jisoo's hand but did not let her go. "Chill out guys, jeesh. We're letting our Jisoo go but the second we find out you and your friends are planning something...well you know what we can do..." Jinyoung stalled and just chuckled. He had doubts about Jisoo. He just want to confirm it.

"She's innocent!" Hobi argued trying to catch Jisoo's eyes. He gritted his teeth knowing it was really Jisoo who plotted everything about the blog.

"I hope so too. We'll find out soon enough." Jinyoung's attention went to the member who was coding in front of a computer.

That's when Jisoo and Hobi realized that the guy was hacking The Lost Seoul Girl.

"I got through their files, Sunbae," Hacker dude called out to the leader.

Jisoo and Hobi looked at each other, panic and anxiety were written across their perfect faces.

Lay strode gracefully stopping behind the hacker dude. His grin turned wide as he watch some videos involving BTS and their girls. One video was Hobi trying to steal glances at Jisoo at Ravens. Another one was RM helping Jennie with the groceries. He decided to call someone.

"Where are you? Get in here."

A few moments later, Taehyung entered trying to keep his cool especially when he saw his friends tied up in front of him.

Lay gestured him to come over by his side.

Taehyung felt cold sweat trickling on his neck. When a video played, he was relieved for it was just him and Lisa in their usual make out session inside his car. Better that than a video of his friends getting caught cheating in the finals.

"You still into this girl?" Lay asked raising an eyebrow.

"I'm only using her for info," Taehyung lied without even blinking. Jisoo and Hobi almost believed him if they weren't witnesses of how much the two clowns love each other.

"Wait, who's filming this? Isn't this breaching the contract?" Taehyung said firmly ready to argue with Lay.

"So you're really not involved with this?"

"Why would I? I don't have time to follow people around and expose their make out sessions..."

Jinyoung chuckled. "This is from that blog."

Another one played and it was Tzuyu talking to herself in the mirror.

"That's creepy" - Taehyung

"She cute" – Hacker dude

They finished browsing the files in one folder not finding anything worth a dime. It was starting to bore Lay when they found a folder that was untitled. Just by the look of the thumbnails alone, the folder was about them.

"Delete that."

"Copy."

The hacker selected all the files and was preparing to delete when the blog suddenly got offline.

Everyone paused.

"Um..."

"It could be the internet?" Taehyung shrugged.

"What's going on?" Hobi asks.

Hacker dude felt like dying. He checked his wires and restarted his PC.

Lay pinched the bridge of his nose. He started pacing back and forth in the middle of the library.

"I-I'll fix this hyung, it'll just take a sec." Hacker dude started hacking the system again but unlike earlier, his efforts were denied.

A loud scuffle from the outside can be heard that turned everyone's attention to the door.

Members of the frat were dragging another one inside. It was Kim Mingyu.

"What's a lap dog doing here?" Jinyoung huffed.

"We found this on his locker room," A senior member shoved a joker's mask on the floor.

"Another schemer eh, why am I not surprised." Lay clicked his tongue.

"What are we going to do with this one, Sunbae?"

"Lock him here. I might give him a chance to reapply in this brotherhoo-"

Mingyu's laugh cut him off. "Over my dead awesome body..."

A senior member slapped his face.

"Shut his mouth," Jinyoung ordered a freshman.

"Hyung, someone's blocking my codes..." Hacker dude Junkyu exclaimed getting everyone's attention back.

"Are you sure it's not the antivirus?" Hobi suggested earning him a glare from Junkyu. Taehyung almost let out a chuckle.

"I was just being helpful..."

Lay closed his eyes in distress. The files in that blog were sensitive and in just a click, his future and the kids under him could get compromised.

He took a deep breath and think...this blog shouldn't be that hard to crack but with someone on the other side working on it, it could be nearly impossible.

"Taehyung..." Lay called calmly. "Take Jisoo back to the ball. If something suspicious happens..." Lay tossed a syringe. "Drug her."

"And Jinyoung..."

Everyone was quiet. "Go back to the Kim's house."

 

 

 

 

 

To Be Continued...