Fix This

Love On Fire

Fix This






When you know you’ve broken the rule, you feel ashamed of yourself. You’re suddenly at a position where you ask yourself how and why did you let that mistake happen. And now that you’re facing a situation you never once thought will occur in your life, you wanted to push everyone out.

Including the one who truly cares.

That’s what’s going on in Jennie’s head while she stares back at the man whom she loves the most. 

“Jen-jen, what’s going on?” Wonwoo asked trying to understand his fiancé. 

Jennie broke away from the eye contact and went passed him. Their view was an overlooking of the night sky of Seoul and if this was a different situation, it would have been romantic.

“Nothing’s sure yet, so you don’t have to be concerned about anything.” She scoffed as she tries to dismiss the tension.

“Then why do I feel like I should be?”

Wonwoo followed her and made her face him.

“Hey, look at me. I can’t help you if you won’t tell me.” 




 


Before, Jennie thought boys only come into a girl’s life to make her heart flutter but she never thought that some boys can even exceed her expectations of them. 

She sighed and try not to shed a tear before looking up to him.

“After our trip to New Zealand, I wasn’t feeling well. I thought I got motion sickness and I suddenly began throwing up the minute we got to the airport...and these days I’m having terrible mood swings and cravings…”

Wonwoo was still clueless about what she’s talking about. And Jennie knew this by reading his facial reaction.

She has to tell him now before he learns it from the others. And he was right, he can’t help her if she won’t tell. If there’s one thing she learned about her past relationship, it’s that good communication is important.

“Like I said, nothing’s sure yet.”

“What do you mean nothing’s sure yet? Are you sick or something, you look pale.” He asks concerned about her. He felt her forehead and her neck to check her temperature.

“I’m not sick. But I might be pregnant.” She said shutting her eyes off scared about his response. 

Wonwoo thought he was the kind of guy who will never get surprised about surprises. But when Jennie told him that, he felt a dozen of emotions came to him.

It took a while before he recovered. When both of them had confirmed their feelings for each other, it got difficult to control themselves of urges. That’s why when they got some alone time back in New Zealand, it ended up like an advanced honeymoon.

He remembered one night when they went out for a date. They came home very happy and then after a few glasses of wine, he found himself kissing her passionately on the bed. They weren’t drunk but they felt like doing it in the moment.

When they got back to Korea, he thought they’ll be more attuned with each other but his fear that she might distance herself from him after what happened came true. He didn’t know what to do with her and he was scared that if he forced her to come to him, she’ll distance herself more.

He was still looking at her face when he realized that he might actually be a father soon. 

And for a second he knew he loved her more after what he just learned. He pulled her into a hug and reminded her of something.

“I love you so much Jennie Kim. Why didn’t you tell me sooner? I could’ve been there for you when you’re having bad days.”

“I’m scared you might push me away.”

“Damn. Don’t you know how worried I was that you’re acting this way. I thought you changed your mind about me, I was scared too.”

Jennie felt guilty. She thought she shouldn’t underestimate her guy so much because he’s not like other boys.

“We’ll go to the hospital first thing tomorrow morning. Okay?” He said cupping her small face on both hands.

“Okay.” She answered shortly.

“No more secrets okay.”

Jennie blushed at how close their faces are.

“Hmm.” She hummed for she couldn’t find her voice at the moment.

“Promise me.” He demanded.

“Promise.”

“You’re so cute.” He chuckled before kissing her. 




















“What’s going on? Why are you guys here early?” Lisa asks Jungkook who was carrying the Chicken A La Jin at Raven’s kitchen.

“It’s Jennie noona. I think she’s pregnant.”

“WHAT!?!”

Lisa got out the kitchen and looks for her friends who were all sitting at their favorite table.

“Jisoo unnie, is it true?” She asks. 
Jisoo was massaging her temples stressfully as Jin responded for her.

“We don’t know for sure yet.”

“But I saw the test kit, and it was positive.” Jimin shrugged making his girlfriend gasp at the counter.

“Woah, who’s pregnant?” Yugyeom asks while he prepares some cocktails by the bar.

“Omo, is it Jennie?” Tzuyu asks curiously as Jungyeon nudged her. 
“Guys, let’s take out the trash.” Jungyeon said pulling the two with her.

“Careful what you’ll find there.” Suga muttered.

Jimin almost choked.

“Lisa, please help Jungkook in the kitchen. The guests will be here in ten minutes.” Jisoo ordered still concerned about Jennie.

“I’ll help.” RM volunteered.

“No. You get back here and welcome the guests when they arrive.” Jisoo objected and went to the small stage to set up their guitars.

“Seo, you go help Lisa and Jungkook. I’ll help unnie set up the stage.” Rosé suggested. Jimin got up from his seat and helped his girlfriend.

“Jin hyung, The Lost Seoul girl posted something again.” Hobi went to Jin and showed him some University news.

“BTS’ case being reviewed by the University board?” Jin read the headline and saw Jisoo looking at him. Jisoo dropped her gaze first and continue checking her guitar.

“You think she’s on our side?” – Hobi.

“Whatever side she’s on, Lay and his little fraternity is about to go down this Sunday.” Suga remarked and put his phone on one ear to talk to Hana. “Hello? Oh hey darling…so I was just thinking…are you feeling well today? Do you have weird cravings or do you throw up lately?”

 


Rosé was just as worried as her friends and there was a lot of things going on in her mind that she didn’t notice that she was about to fall off the stage.

But before she can trip, Jimin was already there to pull her away from falling.

“Careful will you.” He said firmly his arm circling around her waist while his other hand pushed some hair strands away from her face.

She was shock for a bit but she calmed down once she felt his comforting arm guide her away from the edge of the stage.

“Thanks. I’m okay.” She said getting the guitar cable from him.

“Don’t be worried about your friend. She’s a strong girl. She can withstand even the greatest storm in the country.” He joked and managed to make his girl chuckle.

“There’s a smile.” He pointed out looking at her face. “You’re new hair color suits you. I like it.” He patted her head and his lips.

“Flirt!” Rosé pursed her lip and pinched his cheeks.

“Hey, you’re getting violent now.” He chuckled and went on with assembling the instruments then stopped when he saw Jisoo glaring at him. 









 

Meanwhile at the kitchen…

“How could this happen? I can’t believe unnie was the one to break the vow. Omo, this is crazy. Will she stop going to school eventually?” Lisa was talking to herself while Jungkook pays attention to the girl beside Lisa.

He wanted an opportunity to talk to her alone but ever since he found out that he kissed her, he couldn’t find the right time.

“Ya, Jungkook, are you listening?” Lisa frowned and followed his sight.

She got what was happening instantly and smiled deviously as she observed how Jungkook acts so oblivious right now.

“Come here son.” She grabbed his arm and pulled him by a corner not far away from the other girl.

“Y-ya, what’s up?” He panicked afraid to lose another opportunity.

“You like her right?” She mouthed pointing towards Seo who was also oblivious.

JK blushed and shushed Lisa.

“Aigoo. You can just say so you know.”

“It’s not that easy!” He hissed still careful about Seo hearing them.

“I know it’s not easy but what I meant is you could’ve just told me you wanted alone time.” She raised an eyebrow.

“Ya, Lisa how’d you know?”

“You’re friends with my boyfriend. I know how your mind operates.” She rolled her eyes. 

 

“Hey Seo, here let me help you prepare those.” Lisa presented and signaled Jungkook to follow her lead. “I’ll get those out. Jungkook will be the one to help you with these sandwiches.”

“Wait- Unnie!” Seo called but was already too late because Lisa had closed the screen door.

Jungkook bit back a smile watching Seo stressed out about being alone together.

It was just too fun seeing her frustrated about their situation. Doesn’t she know that if she can just face him and accept her fate then this little problem of theirs will be resolved properly?

Besides, both of them feels the same way.

Oh wait, she doesn’t know it yet.

“Ehe-ehem.” He cleared his throat and approached her closer. “So, how are we going to fix this?”  

“Huh? What?” She asks thinking about their situation.

“The sandwiches I mean, how are we going to arrange them?” He said amused. He crossed his arms as he looks at her.

“Oh, um.” She scratches her head. “Lisa unnie already did everything. We just have to do this pile and we’re done.” She discussed never looking him in the eye.

“Okay.” He answered and sliced some sandwiches into triangles to stack.

Seo couldn’t have been more thankful because he’s keeping shush about what happened earlier at taekwondo class.

“So…um when did you realize that you like me.”

She almost sliced her finger when he broke the ice.

“Ya!”

“What? I can’t just look passed what happened this morning? Do you think I’ll let you off easily? Huh, you’re dreaming.” He smirked getting the knife from her.

“I better be dreaming! This is why I shouldn’t say things out of impulse. Because I know your head will turn into this giant ball of cockiness! Aish, you arrogant prick!” She blabbered making Jungkook laugh.

“I love it when you to me.” He teased.

Seo grabbed the knife from him and place it on the counter before hitting him endlessly.

“Ow, hey I’ll stop okay. Ouch seriously woman!”

Seo let him go and calmed down a bit. She pulled her phone out and some notifs from the article she published popped out from the screen.

She turned it off at once when she felt him closer.

“On a serious note… aren’t you curious of my feelings towards you? Don’t you want to know if I like you as well?”

“You can’t be serious.” She snapped and finally faced him.

“Don’t test me.” He challenged catching her eyes.

There goes their staring game again. 
It took a lot of courage for Seo to look back in his eyes and held them. For her, staring back in his eyes felt like looking at the moon – bright and mysterious.

Her phone ringing got her to look away. She opened it and turned it off seeing that it was those damn notifications from her rising blog again.

“It’s better if you just forget about what I said. All of it was crap anyway.” She said flatly. She’s hell bent on forgetting him and convincing herself that she has to otherwise she’ll fall. And she knows he won’t be there to catch her.

But that’s what she knows. 

“Sorry to say but what happened earlier at Taekwondo class will forever be etched in my mind. So deal with it babe.”

“ off.” She bickered and paid attention on her phone again which made the guy tick.

What he did next was unexpected.

“What’s keeping you busy huh?” Jungkook sneered and snatched her phone from her hands without effort.

“Give that back!” She snapped and reached for her phone when he raised it over his head.

“Aww, you pissed now Seo? I thought you said you like me?” He teased enjoying their little moment.

“Shut up or else you’ll regret crossing me!”

“That sounds like my line.” He grinned and hid the phone behind his back resulting for her to wrap her arms around him.

His plan worked and he wanted to give himself a high five.

When she realized what he did, she couldn’t dare to look at him. Especially when he caught her hands from behind and left it locked with his.

“I like you Seo. And I mean it.” Saying the words felt like giving up a prized possession but getting so much in return. Jungkook has never been so proud of himself. And he thought he’s going to stay single for the rest of his life.

Seo raised an eyebrow and smirked. “What are you on Jungkookshi? Are you high on pot again?” 

“Why can’t you believe me?” He said getting annoyed at her disbelief.

“Even if it’s true that you like me, it’s still won’t change the fact that we can’t be together.”

“Why? You’re not going away or something aren’t you? Because if that’s the case, I’ll still follow you.” He smirked confidently.

“Are you scared of falling for me?” He added loving the fact that they’re talking close.

She was about to avoid the question but when she noticed that someone’s coming, she asked him a question instead. 
 

“Aren’t you scared of my cousin?” She tilted her chin up. That someone looked very familiar. And judging from the hair, it looked like it was her cousin’s.

“Hobi hyung? Psh, I’m not sc-“ 

“YA JUNGKOOKSHI!” 

Just as what Seo predicted, Jungkook was indeed frightened of Hoseok.

Hobi’s booming voice alone made the maknae jump on his place causing him to let her go. 


“Guys, Jennie and Wonwoo just arrived. Some guests are here too. We’re gonna need those sandwiches.” Hobi reminded them and left as soon as he reassured that the food was ready. 
 


Seo smirked in triumph and turned away from Jungkook.

“We’re not yet done here, you Amazon.” He chuckled pulling her arm cutely, sneeking his hands to pull her phone from her back pocket.

Then what he saw from her phone made him frown. Why is Seo keep receiving notifications from people?

Seo was relieved that Jungkook finally released her but when she looked back at him, she was astounded to see him holding her phone.

“Aish, what an !” She scolded him and snatched her phone back.

She left with the whole tray of sandwiches while Jungkook was left with a whole new set of questions. 






 



On their way to the restaurant, Bambam was in slight paranoid of someone following them. While he was aware that Lay is doubting V’s loyalties, he’s somehow tormented of what’s right and wrong.

He was inside V’s car when he saw his frat brother’s phone lit up.

Bambam saw that Lisa was calling. 
“You know, I have to warn you about our leader.”

V stopped halfway before he can answer his phone because of what just Bambam said.

“Why? What about Lay?” V wondered.

“You know the brotherhood has been on the low-key for five years and it would really piss him off if he smells rats.” Bambam informed as he watches V’s phone continue to light up.

“Compared to other fraternities, our history with Hoya’s betrayal was infamous. Lay took it as good and bad. Good because the other fraternities respected us and some of their members learned to fear us. Bad because it can happen again.” Bambam eyed V suspiciously then turned his head towards the place they’re attending to.

“Man, who would do such a thing.” V remarked passively while parking his car. His thoughts running in full alert. He was suddenly concerned about his situation.

“Here, want some gum?” Taehyung offered and Bambam gladly took one. 





 


Jennie didn’t know how to react when they opened the door of their favorite restaurant. Wonwoo noticed her reaction then he remembered how Jennie used to be shy like this before. Every time she’s in front of people and their attention was on her, she acts this way. And its one of the things about her that amuses him.

“Come on Jen, I’m here. You don’t have to be shy.”

She blushed.

Wonwoo cleared his throat and took Jen to her seat while he remained standing.

“Everyone, I’m sorry for the late introductions but my name is Jeon Wonwoo. And I’m marrying this girl right here!”

All the people present on Raven’s applauded and greeted the couple after Wonwoo’s announcement.

“Now, you may already know this but, even if our marriage isn’t arranged, I’m still going to ask her to marry me and I’m still going to love her like a man loves his woman.” Continued Wonwoo.

“All right!” Jimin stood up and gave Wonwoo a hi-five.

“Okay, okay. Better late than never. But if you’ll excuse us Mr. Jeon Wonwoo, we’ll need your fiancee on the bass tonight.” Jisoo said from the stage readying her guitar.

“Jennie! Jennie! Jennie!” RM and Suga cheered from their table.

It wasn’t long before the girls played their music and completely owned the night. 

 




On Blackpink’s third song, Jungkook couldn’t help but ball his fist when he spotted a customer trying to flirt with his Eunseo. This did not escape Suga and Jin’s radar and now they’re all about their little bet for their maknae. 

“Wait, you have to see this!” Jin nudged Namjoon's arm to stop him from standing up.

“Oh , he’s actually drinking his beer!” Suga declared like a professional gambler while watching Jungkook finish one glass of beer in one sitting.

“Damn. I’m willing to lose if I get to see JK lose his mind over a girl tonight.” Jin remarked making RM chuckle.

Their laughter turned quiet when Hobi joined their table.

“What’s this? What did I miss?” 
Jin and Suga looked at each other. Then Suga was about to spoil it to Hobi when Jin covered his mouth.

“Nothing!” Jin announced and whispered to Suga: “Let’s not ruin the surprise Yoongi.” 








 

To be continued...