Karma (part 1)

Love On Fire


Love On Fire

Chapter 23 Karma

 

 


Jimin got to school early. He was feeling more irritable than ever because Jennie was making his life miserable by going into suit fittings and all that pre-ball traditions girls like her patronize.

The booths and tents in the campus were back again serving different kinds of entertainment.

Jimin was checking out a booth selling accessories when he saw his Namjoon hyung accompanying his girlfriend to his car. He pulled his phone and called Rosé.

"Where are you and Namjoon hyung going this early in the morning?" He tried not to sound mad but failed.

"Oh, we're going to fit our dresses for the winter ball. Where are you? Would you like to go with us?" Chaeyoung said worried about her boyfriend's temper.

Jimin was already gritting his teeth. It makes him mad that she didn't call him first to let him know where she's off too and who's she going with. "No thanks. You guys have fun. I have classes anyway."

"Bye. See you soon oppa!"

"Bye."

He went passed the tent he's into and went to the other that hosts arcade games. He paid a dollar to a student and directs his anger on the flat and round punching bag before hitting it with his full strength.

The other students clapped in amusement as Jimin's hit almost caused the pin to reach the highest peak of the ruler.

His morning was clearly ruined.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 


Jin was paying more attention on his sister's text message than on the lecture of his professor.


Jisoo: Stop treating me like a kid! I know what I'm doing so stay out of my personal life. You do not have a say of who I should date or who I shouldn't.

His sister's rebellious side is starying to stress him out. He was still impassive even when his teacher announced a surprise exam.

He smirked looking at his test paper remembering Hobi.

"It's all on you Hoseokah..." He sighed.

 


After the exam, their professor dismissed them for free period. As Jin exited the door he found his classmate bullying another student.

He was sure this classmate of him was a member of the Circle. He knew because Wonwoo's friends have disclosed them the exclusive list of members of their most hated fraternity.


"What the hell, are you talking or not!?" Ken - one of the Circle's member - was pulling the collar of the shorter student. "You figured out the riddle right?"

"N-no...I'm"

"What the hell is going on here?" He went to them and he could see the relief in the shorter guy's eyes.

"Mind your own business druggie." Ken swatted.

"Leave him alone skunk face." Jin retorted and pushed the bully off the victim.

He checked if the dude was alright and when he stepped closer he felt bad because the dude wasn't a dude. 

The dude was a girl. And a cute chubby one at that.

"Don't you know who I am?" Ken challenged and pulled Seokjin's arm so he could face him.

"No I don't. But does it matter?"

Jin's response ticked off his opponent. Ken was about to lunge at him when he saw professors coming through their way.

"You're lucky today druggie." Ken said with a promise and walked away.

"Same goes to you." 

He made sure Ken was out of sight before turning back to chubby cheeks.

"What happened Miss? Why was he bothering you?" He asked very curiously as he remembered how Ken desperately wanted something from this girl.

"T-there's this new blog running around campus. I-it hasn't been long since it's up but it's gaining a lot more followers than Sector 101 did on it's first entry."

Sector 101 was Nayeon's famous blog. It was the George Clooney of the Oscars. Famous but not quite deserving.

 

 

 


Jin hailed his friends who were available at the time and met them at the back of Art Dept's graffiti wall.

 

"There's another blog?" Hobi gasped.

RM and Suga were also there for Jin's news.

"Yeah and there's more. Looks like there's some kind of a hidden message in here..."

Jin also asked Ms. Chubby cheeks what was the hidden message but she declined. She said something about a threat if you decided to spread the secret.

RM and the guys observed the blog. In the first page, it looked normal as any other blog but when you go to the Conspiracy Theories section you'll be prompted to answer some riddles. So it really feels like it's going to be worth it once you solved the puzzle.

"This is so coool! Wait who made this?" 

"She goes by the name of The Lost Seoul Girl." Jin answered.

The blog prompted them to take a photo before taking the test so RM took a selfie.

"Aish, dude don't just take selfies..." Hobi scolded.

"Let's see...I wonder if I can crack this..." - RM.

"There's the first one..." - Suga.


What does this message say?

 

G T Y O R J O T E O U I A B G T


"That's easy!" Hobi took RM's phone and typed his answer.


After 9 more riddles, Jin decided to cut class to answer the riddles with his friends.

When they answered the last one correctly, the page loaded into a full black screen.

Hobi suddenly covered his face thinking that it might be just a ghost prank.

Their heads move closer together to Namjoon's phone screen as a text was slowly zooming in to the middle of the screen in a sans serif font.


There's a frat in the school.

 

All of them looked at each other and looked back at the screen again.

 


Disclaimer:

I got your identity and I know who you are. Now keep this a secret or there will be blood.

Want more?

Exit Next>>


RM looked back and Hobi cursed.


"It's the camera." Hobi muttered impressed.


"We got to find that girl." Suga added persistently.

 

 

 

 

 


"We got to find that girl or that guy whatever he is!" Lay grunted as Ken's phone lies on the cold floor shattered to pieces. That afternoon, The Circle was facing the same problem as BTS.

Ken's face was contorted in pain seeing his dead phone.

Lay exited their quarters when V arrived. He looked back at Lay who was now a few feet away and turned to Bambam.

"What did I miss?" He asked innocently.

"We found the Joker." Bambam replied making Taehyung nervous.

"What? Where? W-who?"

"At some computer shop the other night. The owner said he was wearing a mask. And from the way he described it, it was the Joker from our school."

"Crazy. What do we do when we get him anyway?"

"Recruit. Have him work for us. But I don't think that's happening now since Lay's mad. Have you decoded the riddle? Apparently, he knows what's up and he's damn smart."

"What are you saying?"

Bambam told him about the new blog.

"He knows us Taehyungah. He's trying to expose our fraternity. Now Lay's hell bent on getting him. He'll probably do the worst to this guy."

 

Taehyung looked at his phone and sneakily read the message from BTS group chat.


Group meeting. Asap.


He decided to make an excuse and leave the quarters when he saw the emergency text.

"Eh where you goin man?" - Bambam.

"Late for class!" He waved excitedly and walked faster.

On his way to Jin and the guys' hideout, he saw Blackpink's booth not far away from where he stood. 

They were finally complete. All of them were up on the small stage with their instruments. A few minutes later and Jungkook came up and joined the girls.

Taehyung wonders if the girls have finally made up. When he realized that Lisa won't come around sooner, he was worried about her because she cut all her contacts with him and his friends. But now that she's with her friends makes him at ease.

 

They were performing a cover of an english song with Jungkook and he can't help but be in awe of Chaeyoung and Jungkook's voice blending together harmoniously.


I just hope you're lying next to somebody
Who knows how to love you like me
There must be a good reason that you're gone
Every now and then I think you might want me to
Come show up at your door
But I'm just too afraid that I'll be wrong

 

Taehyung walked closer and found a shade where he can listen and watch them at peace.

When his eyes found Lisa, his smile automatically appeared.


I overdosed
Should've known your love was a game
Now I can't get you out of my brain
Oh, it's such a shame


This was the first time he saw her perform so seriously. Even they're at war, he's still very much into her. 

His head tilted to the side when his attention went back to Jungkook.


We don't talk anymore
(we don't, we don't)
We don't talk anymore
Like we used to do


Just what was their maknae doing?

Jungkook isn't suppose to be making an appearance in campus not when Seo's scandal is hot around the corner. He'll only make things complicated.

They told him he could visit, but not like this. 

Taehyung's eyes roam around and found Jimin sitting on the ground glaring at Jungkook.

 

Jimin was trying not to get mad. First there was Namjoon, and now Jungkook was singing with Rosé and they're even making eye contact.

He put aside his jealousy when it occurred to him that these guys are his friends. They wouldn't dare steal his girl away from him. They can try and they'll know the punishment is eternal.

In addition to that he has bigger problems than his feelings. He was concerned about Nayeon's blog targeting people who are innocent. He just couldn't believe she'd do that to Hobi's cousin just because she was associated with them.

His eyes went up to Rosé when her voice caught his attention.

He smiled genuinely at her followed by a wink.

Jimin remembered that day when he first met his girlfriend and thought how badly he wanted to protect her from the moment he laid his eyes on her. If something bad happened to her, they'll surely get his wrath.

 

 

 

After the mini show ended, everyone was too silent to react. It wasn't because they were lousy, rather the performance was too personal and raw that making a reaction seemed unnecessary.

"Once again, we're Blackpink. And we'd like to thank our friend Jungkookshi for gracing us with his talent today." Rosé bowed and the others followed.

"Thanks everyone!" Jennie bid them and waved.

But before their audience can respond, someone beat them to it.

All of their eyes went to the only one who applauded.

"Amazing. That was really something huh." Lay clapped slowly amused at their little show.

Taehyung scrunched his face and got up from the ground. If there's someone in BTS who trigerred the Circle's leader the most, it was Jungkook. He was a big threat...and he still is.

Jimin stood up too and pushed himself up on the small stage making it a lot smaller because of their quantity.

"That was a real good performance yeah. I hope the student council hosts a lot of events like this next festival." Jimin commented to which Lay rudely ignored.

Jimin's perception of Lay changed ever since he found out his true colors.


"How was your vacation Jungkookshi? You look great. That was a nice move that your uncle bought your way out of suspension." Lay pressed trying to provoke JK.

The tension was thick and Jennie couldn't help but meddle into the situation.

"If you come here just to spark fire then I think you're on the wrong stage Mr. President. If you want to humiliate someone then you should warn us ahead. I could have prepared you a bigger show." Jennie retorted sarcastically and Jisoo held back her hand. "You really ruined these people's good time. Is this a normal habit of yours because I want to do something about it."

Lay was soothing his temper at Jennie's words while the girls watch her closely. No one dares to talk back to him like that. Imagine his frustration when a girl like her does.

Sometimes Jennie can be a loose canon.

"How did you say you won the student election again?" Jennie added.

"Ms. Kim, I don't think you're here long enough to know what I contributed."

"Oh, I don't?"

Jimin didn't like where this is going. Both Jennie and Lay are ticking time bombs who can explode anytime. So he decided to bow down first.

"I'm sorry for her behavior Hyung..."

"Hey-" Jennie tried to swat Jimin but Jungkook was fast to cover .

"She's usually not this y..." Jungkook laughed nervously.

They were too late because Lay was already on the edge of his temper. 

It was bad enough that he spotted Taehyung.

"Hey you, Taehyung! Come here."

Taehyung faced them and came up slowly.

He was now standing face to face with his friends.

Lay pulled out his wallet and threw some cash on the ground.

"Pick them up." He pointed at Jungkook.

Jungkook gritted his teeth and slouched down to pick up the cash as his friends can only watch.

When he was about to get up, Lay pulled Tae's wallet from his pocket and told him to throw his cash to the ground as well.

Lisa couldn't believe her eyes when Taehyung did as told. 

"Look at your little prince kneel." Lay chuckled. "Oh come on guys, where's your reaction?"

The students who were there felt wronged. Suddenly they were all rethinking their decisions if they had chosen the right leader.

Jisoo couldn't take it anymore when she decided to be violent.

Slap!

Lay's eyes widened at the contact. Jisoo has given his face a stinging mark.

"How's that for a reaction?" Jisoo smirked and turned away on the 2 boys. "Shows over guys. We're all sorry." She bowed and walked out.

Jennie stared at Taehyung then at Lisa but decided to follow Jisoo.

Rosé got surprised when some students cheered as if they were given a good show. Jimin grabbed her hand and took her away down from the stage while Lisa tore Jungkook from the ground.

"Let go of the money, Jungkook!" Lisa commanded, phone on one ear.

"Hello Johnny, can you pick up our instruments here at school. We're kind of getting harassed..."

It was painful for Tae to have witnessed his friends get bullied but not do anything.

He promised himself that this would be the last. Even if he ends up breaking the rules, he just couldn't stand the agony anymore.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 


At Blackpink's studio, Jennie was quick to put on her boxing gloves and put her anger towards Lay on the punching bag - the latest addition on their studio upgrade.

The boys have gone to their meeting and thinking about leaving the girls tonight made her almost change her mind.

"I don't think it's a good idea for you guys to go to Tzuyu's party." Jennie let out a sigh.

"Come on, give them a break. They deserve this." Jisoo objected calmly.

"Thanks unnie." Rosé muttered.

"I gotchu fam." Jisoo nodded.

"I wonder if Taehyung's just a good actor or he's really just a cold guy and I didn't notice." Lisa sighed remembering how Taehyung acted earlier.

Jennie was thankful that the maknaes have forgiven her but she's still upset that some relationships got affected.

She pushed her gloves off to the wooden floor and turned to Lisa.

"I hate that this would come straight from me but believe me when I say Taehyung loves you. Lisa, he's been torturing himself since the day they've finalize that scheming plan. Chill okay. Don't think too much." Jennie nudged her knees and sat beside Lisa.

She clings on to Jennie as Rosé does the same on Jisoo.

"Do you really have to go unnie." Lisa asks. 

When the four of them made up the night before, Jennie had told them that she'll be going back to New Zealand to attend a funeral. She'd be gone in two days.

"I have to." Jennie said patting Lisa's head. She looked at her watch and saw the time.

"I'll be going ahead first. Jisoo unnie, watch them for me." She acted cutely.

"I will. Don't worry." Jisoo said standing up to give her best friend a hug.

"Tch. And please behave yourself as well. Be careful of your little mission." Jennie whispered.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Later that night Jin and the guys gathered in his trailer van for their next deliberate action.

"Surely there's another way." Taehyung complained stressfully when he heard the new plan.

"There's no other way. You have her blinded man. You're the only one who can do this. If you can't get through your sacred leader's evil lair then Nayeon's place is just as good." Hobi declared impatiently.

Taehyung was contemplating on his decisions while he watch Jimin picking up a fight with RM and JK.

"I can't believe it! Why Chaeyoung? My Chaeyoung!!!" Jimin let out his anger and crashed his fist on the table making Jin yell at him.

"Well, at the time she was the one available." RM scratched his head.

"Available? She's in a relationship with me. Hyung, am I not making myself visible?" Jimin grabbed Namjoon's hand and pat it on his chubby cheek while smiling sarcastically.

"Tssss. It was not Namjoon Hyung's fault you did not ask her first." Jungkook defended.

"Aaaargh! Why am I still explaining to you?!?! Did I not make myself clear that my girlfriend is my girlfriend! And that she's not any one of yours! Aiiish, how frustrating." Jimin palmed his face and brushed his hair back altogether.

"Hey Hobi hyung, where did you say Seo was studying at? She studies at New York right?" Jungkook asked Hobi who was suddenly suspicious of his intentions.

"Look at this kid." Jimin shook his head when Jungkook just ignored him.

"Yeah. But why are you asking man?" Hobi laughed awkwardly and stared down at JK.

"Er, haha, I thought schools at New York are pretty good. I think it'll be one of my options once I got kicked out. You know it's always good to have options." JK said fumbling with his phone. "I think schools in Australia's not that bad too. Chaeyoungah has been suggesting me some good schools."

Jimin furrowed his brows then looked at Namjoon quizically. Namjoon whispered something on Jimin's ear and the former made a hush-hush gesture. 

Suga and Jin were now placing bets on when will Hobi discover JK's feelings about his cousin and what he'll do about it. 

"Karma. Isn't it amazing." Jin chuckled low just enough for Suga to hear.

"I say before the winter ball, Hobi will see through him. He'll surely throw a fit." Suga smirked.

"I think he'll be worse than me. But I don't think he can handle JK." Jin commented looking at JK and Hobi. "After the ball. Passive-aggressive." Seokjin scoffed and bumped fists with Yoongi.


My girlfriend is my girlfriend.

 


Jimin's words continue to echo inside Taehyung's brain. 


He stood up to go to the restroom and dialed Lisa's number hoping she would answer. He learned from the past that communication is key to a healthy relationship.

Thankfully, after 5 rings she did.

"Taehyung?" She answered weakly.

"Ehem. Hey. I just want you to know that...I'm about to do something for my friends and not because I wanted to."

"What are you saying?"

"Lisa..." He sighed. If he's going with the plan tonight, might as well let her know it before she finds out from someone else. "I'm not going to be a jerk anymore because I don't want you to get hurt. You're my girl and you deserve the best."

Lisa was quiet on the other line waiting for him to elaborate more.

"I'm going to Nayeon's place tonight. I think the plan is to get the evidence."

"How are you going to do that? You going to kiss her again?" Lisa said her voice stinging with bitterness.

"No. I'm not going to do that. Of course not. I just need to be charming I guess." He muttered biting his lip when he heard her chuckle. "Listen-"

"Oh my god! You girls made it!"

Taehyung heard someone shrieked and then all of a sudden the sound on the other line got noisier.

"Excuse me but where are you? Are you..." Taehyung listened more and realized that his girlfriend's out partying.

"Are you in a club or something?"

"Lisa, enough of that!" Someone from the other line shouted.

"Uh...you go ahead and do your task Taehyungah. I appreciate that you called. I think you really have to fix some stuff with your friends first. Look, about-"

Then the line went busy.

 


When he dialed her number again, she did not pick up her phone. He went out of the restroom and announced his decision.

"So, who's coming with me?" He announced and saw Yoongi's hand raised above.

 

 

 

 


Lisa rolled her eyes when Tzuyu snatched her phone away from her. She was about to make amends with Taehyung when Tzuyu turned off her phone. Talk about major buzzkill. 

“I did not invite you girls here so you can mope and get emo with your boyfriends.” Tzuyu ranted with a devious smile.

“Um, sorry but do you mind us bringing a plus one. No one’s home and we didn’t want to leave her alone.” Rosé put her arms around Seo who was smiling timidly at Tzuyu. 

“It’s fine. I just can’t believe Jennie and Jisoo aren’t here but for starters, let’s have you guys heat up the dance floor.” Tzuyu pushed the girls towards the dance floor and snapped a photo of them. 

The girls shrugged and started to enjoy the rhythm. But before Lisa can totally be in sync with the music, she saw Nayeon heading towards the exit. 

Her assumption, it was because of V. But then her attention was turned away when Seo spoke. 

“Um, unnie may I be excused? I just have to pee.” Seo told a lie. She has to be online 24/7 so she can collect some data and more people to investigate. It has come to her awareness that both BTS and The Circle have already checked her blog and that she’s on phase two of Jisoo’s mission. 

“Okay, we’ll see you by the bar.” – Rosé. 

 

 

 

 

Taehyung parked his rented car in front of Nayeon’s place. He got out of the car first before opening the door for her. He walked her to the door and begin his mission. 

“Hey um, so I was thinking…I bought some fine wines from our farm and I wonder if you’d like to drink with me…” He said staring deep into her eyes as if hypnotizing her. 

“Y-you mean you’re staying?” She said suppressing a giggle.

“Yeah. Something about you intrigues me you know.” He said tucking a lock of hair behind her ear. Taehyung knows this is easy for him. Every other girl seems to fall for him even without exerting an effort. Every other girl except…

“I wish I can talk to you about my feelings…is that okay?” He hummed in a low voice which made her shiver. 

Nayeon doesn’t know that she’s already trapped. It will only take a while before she realize that all of this was only just a plot to get what he wanted from her. 

While they were busy talking closely, Suga and Hobi have already got off from Namjoon’s car and went to the other side of Nayeon’s place. They went through the back door and hacked the security lock. 

When Hobi finished, he turned to Suga and wished him luck. 

“My mission ends here. Send my regards to Tae-tae.” 

“Hai.” Suga bowed in Japanese. 

“It’s been an honor.” Hobi bowed as well.