Luxury

Love On Fire

Love On Fire

Chapter 22


Luxury 

 

At the Kim’s house, Jisoo was making the perfect blend of coffee to serve her charming guest. She really wanted to know more about this guy including his involvement in secret societies. Now that Jungkook has named names, she can’t wait to take on her little mission. 

And she’ll start with this one. 

When she found out that Jinyoung was one of the members, she denied to believe it. But after much thought she realized that he’s always been mysterious despite being a friendly guy. 

She placed Jinyoung’s drink on the coffee table and sat beside him. 

“So…you have a date for the winter’s ball yet?” She asks leaning in to his space. 

Jinyoung suddenly felt hot. Sure he founds her y, but he also knows that getting close to her means risky business. It doesn’t help that she’s Jin’s sister. 

He took the cup of coffee and sip it. He controlled his reaction when he almost spit it out when he heard her question. 

“You’re going right, hottie?” 

“No I don’t thi- ” 

“Let’s go together! I already picked out a dress. I’m going for royal blue.” She smiled beautifully and fixed his collar. “I think you’ll look hot in blue…” 

Jinyoung swallowed a lump and blinked a few times. 

“Okay.” His thoughts were suddenly blank. Her perfume makes him heady. 

“Perfect!” She cheered and attacked him with a hug. 

He was puckering his lips to her but she dodged him smoothly. 

“I’ll get my sample pictures. You stay there and be comfortable okay.” She said giddily. 

When she was gone, Jinyoung sighed and slowly lean his back on his seat. But before he can totally relax, somebody rang the doorbell and Jisoo was suddenly back from upstairs. 

“Who could that be?” She hurriedly ran passed the living room and out the house. 

 

 

None of the girls she was expecting to see was standing behind the gate. 

“Hi unnie, can I stay over?” 

It was J-Hope’s cousin.

Seo thought that this was the safest place she could ever be as of the moment. 

Jisoo smiled warmly at Seo and welcomed her inside. “Sure. You can use Lisa and Chaeng’s room.” 

When Seo and Jinyoung saw each other, the latter sprang from his seat. He was clearly panicking because if Hobi’s cousin is here then that guy will be here any minute from now. Jinyoung didn’t want to cross paths with any ex BTS members. Because as weird as it is, he feels like they’re on to something. However, the thought that they can’t stop his frat without getting back together relieves him. 

“What made you decide to stay over Seo-yah? I thought you didn’t want to leave your cousin.” 

“Something crazy happened. This girl Nayeon said something disgraceful about me and what’s worst is that it’s in a blog right now.” 

Hearing that made Jinyoung in a hurry. What the Nayeon? He thought they scrapped that plan already. Seo is close with Blackpink…and if Jennie decides to fight back… 

“Uh, Jisooshi, maybe we can have our conversation some other time. I think I’ll have to go…” 

“Huh, but you haven’t even seen my dress yet?” Jisoo’s cute actions made Seo cringe in disgust. When did Jisoo become this lowly? 

“Sorry, I really need to go…” 


When Jinyoung was out of sight, Jisoo turned to her dongsaeng to talk about Nayeon. 

“So, what did you say Nayeon did to you?” Jisoo asked, more sternly this time. Now, Seo was sure that this was the girl her cousin fell for. 

Seo smiled shyly and placed her bags on the couch. “I think it’s more of what I did to her…” She pulled her phone from her pocket and showed Jisoo a video of what happened at the restaurant earlier. 

“Nice!” 

Jisoo couldn’t be more proud. “Now would you like to hear more about our school and people like Nayeon? I promise you, it’s more interesting than your cousin’s toy collection. Ooh…and I have a mission for you too!” 

Seo thought that she should think about this twice, but seeing how excited Jisoo was made her want to jump in the bagon and join the dark side right away. 

 

 

 

 

 

 


Taehyung silently parked his car in front of Lisa and Rosé’s new place. He was well aware that Jimin was just on the other side of the street inside Suga’s car doing the same thing as him. Both of them were warned by their girlfriends to stay away and give them space. However, he was jealous of Jimin because unlike him, his friend can talk to Rosé without putting up a fight. 

His little charade didn’t go as planned when he showed up at her clinic earlier. 


“Ow! Ow! Ow!” Taehyung yelped as Lisa twisted his arm towards his back like she’s twisting laundry clothes. 

He didn’t know Thai massages were this painful. 

“Feel better?” She asked sweetly, but the spite in her voice didn’t escape Taehyung. She was still clearly mad at him. 

“Y-yeah. So much better. Thank you so much.” Tae said massaging his own arm. 

“If you’re going to take a rest here then go as you please. I’ll just get something to drink…” Lisa said without looking at him. She felt like she’s going to cry if she’s going to have to stay for another minute with V. 

But Taehyung has other things in mind and that’s definitely not about letting his girl get away. 

“Wait!” He recoiled and grabbed her hand.

“Hey-mmp!” Lisa’s eyes widened in shock when the obnoxious guy dragged and pinned her to bed while his hand was covering . 

He blew off the dirty thoughts running inside his head when he felt the softness of her lips behind his palm. He thought he could’ve just kissed her. 

But he knew that it would make things worst. 

“Mmmmmmmmhhhhp!!!!” 

“Please just listen to me. You’re not returning my calls and I just found out you moved to another place. I’m worried sick Lisa!” He declared and took a moment staring at her eyes.

He couldn’t sleep lately because of her. He couldn’t eat properly because of the guilt that he might be the reason why he’s going to lose her for a stupid fraternity stint. 

“Did you believe me when I said I love you?” He said lowly. 

Lisa felt a tear escape her eyes and then she felt him lift his hand off her face to tuck a hair behind her ear. His effect on her was still there and she was surprised at her own feelings because she's thinking of forgiving him so easily.

This isn't how it was supposed to be. He needed to know she suffered too and he's not going to have her back soon.

He's her first boyfriend. And she wanted him to be her last.

“Lisa…I’m sorry I didn’t mean to hurt you.” He caressed her face and wiped her tears. “Baby, are you still mine because I’m still yours.” 

Tae was desperate. He didn’t quite expect hurting her would hurt him back as much. Even if it is an act. 

“I did. I believed you.” She muttered softly. “But right now I don’t know what to believe anymore. You once told me that I should let you know when you’re not treating me right. Now hear this Taehyung, you did not treat me right.” 

Taehyung sighed and pulled her closer. “Lisa-” 

“How long did she kiss you?” She asked suddenly, her face void of any emotions. 

“Um, I don’t kn-” 

“How long Kim Taehyung?” She glowered impatiently. 

“F-five seconds?” Tae stuttered. 

He waited for her response though he didn’t mind watching her. He was enjoying the view and their position. 

But his bliss ended soon when she managed to push him off her. 

She fixed her shirt and turned back to him. 

Taehyung doesn’t know why he’s feeling anxious right now. 

“Five weeks.” She said before getting her pouch. 

“Five weeks?” 

“You said she kissed you for 5 seconds right. I’ll give you a chance after 5 weeks.” 

“What? Hey that’s not fair!” 

“Oh do you need more time? You want to go for 5 months?” 

Taehyung gave up and slouched on the bed. 

“I’m going.” Lisa said heading to the door. 

“Did I say 5? I think it was only 3!” He called out to her. “No? Okay…” 

“Perfect. Nice one Taehyungie~” He high fived himself sarcastically.. “She really is something.” He pulled the pillow and hugged it tightly. “Lisa, why do I love you so much?” 

He knows he was pretty whipped. Not that he mind. He's feelings were scaring him too because he felt that if he got impatient, he will have to do something crazy. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Suga was running out of patience watching Jimin do nothing but stare at a house. 

“Ya, are you done praying because trust me even God knows she won’t come out to see you.” 

Jimin relaxed on his seat and massaged his temples. He noticed a black Audi not far away from them. “That black car seems suspicious. What if that’s a stalker? This isn’t a safe place hyung!” 

“Will you chill? That’s probably just Taehyung.” 

Jimin called V to check. 

“Hello Tae? Is that you in the Audi?” 

Jimin turned off his phone when he confirmed that it was indeed his best friend. 

“Aigoo, these fools.” Suga pinched the bridge of his nose. “Since you guys won’t let me live, I’ll just do the announcement here.” 

“Y-you mean now?” 

“Yes. Now get your phone and video call the others.” 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Jin awkwardly eats his jajangmyeon while his friend was eating the dish along with his tears. 

“Ya!” 

“I’m fine hyung. This is just spicy.” Hobi lied and continue to eat his favorite korean dish. 

“Spicy my !” Jin stood up causing their utensils to shake on the table. Not only that but the whole of Jin’s trailer van seemed to rattle when he smashed his hands on the table. 

“You! Why the hell did you reject my sister and cry your eyes out after seeing her with another guy! Are you playing with her?” 

“I-hik-thougtI-hik-toldyouI-regretted-hik-it. I’m-hik-doingmybest-hik-to-get-her-hik-back-but…I think….she doesn’t want me anymore!!!!” Hobi said in between sobs. It was a miracle Jin had understood him. 

“Are you just giving up? My sister can’t date that neurotic bastard and if she ended up marrying that two-faced guy I will sue you Jung Hoseok! ing send you back to Kota Kinabalu with your snakes!” 

“Hyung!” Hobi wailed. 

Jin shook his head and took his phone from his desk when he saw Jimin’s video call. 

“Hey, Hobah, stop crying. Jimin’s calling and this is probably Yoongi’s announcement.” 

Hobi quickly dried his tears and reached for a glass of water. 

 

 

 


Suga waited for Jimin to fix his phone to get a better view of them. When everyone is finally online he went closer to the camera’s view and waved. 

“Cool, everyone’s in a car!” Jungkook greeted everyone with a big smile. “O, is that Jin hyung’s new trailer van?”

“Hey JK, you gained weight!” Suga commented. 

“I did?” JK looked at RM for confirmation. The latter just focused on his driving and hummed a tune. He soon found a parking space and stopped their car in there. 

“You did you pig.” V did it for RM. 

“ you hyung.” - JK 

“Haha!” – Jimin. 

“So what’s this announcement about?” Jin said getting the attention on them. 

“Hey Hobah, something wrong?” Namjoon pointed out noticing Hobi’s puffy face. 

“Nothing.” Hobi smiled at him and changed the subject. “Why did you summon us Suga hyung? You aren’t in any trouble right?”

“There’s obviously wrong with Hobi hyung.” V couldn’t help but voice out.

“Ya! Let’s hear Suga hyung’s announcement first okay.” 

Suga cleared his throat and scratched his head. “Er, first I’d like to say sorry for calling you guys in an unconventional time but you ers are so busy so I guess this is the best time. So forget my apology…” He said his voice getting lower. 

“Suga hyung is definitely the best.” – JK 

“Shut up!” – Jin 

“Pig!” - JK 

“You look closer to one!” - Jin 

“You’re older so you’re a pig first!” - JK 

“Joonie hyung, can I test drive your Ferrari?” – V 

“Sure, where are you now?” – RM 

“I don’t think I’ll show up at practice tomorrow Jiminnie.” - Hobi 

“YAAAAA! I’M GETTING MARRIED OKAY!” Suga’s voice boomed so loud that people walking outside their car overheard him. 

“Oh finally.” Jimin muttered and brushed his hair. 

“I’m. Getting. Married.” Suga announced word by word so that his friends hear it clearly. His face was taking up the whole camera with his fingers pointed together. 

There was a wave of silence in the video call. The next thing they know V was not in the view anymore and he was walking towards their car. 

“Ya! When is the wedding? Who are you marrying? And most importantly, who’s going to be your best man?” V sputtered right away after storming inside their car. 

“Congratulations man!” – RM 

“Unbelievable!” – Jin 

“Suga hyung - the ultimate beast!” – JK 

“Can we name your children?” – Hobi

“She’s pregnant?” – Jin 

“We really need to meet in person.” – Jimin 

“Yeah, so I can give each of these guys a proper beating.” – Suga 

“Hey, don’t be mean!” – V 

“Guys, I have to end this call, Chaeyoungie’s calling…” Jimin ended the video call and answered his girlfriend. 

“Hello Chaeyi?” 

“Oppa, go home or I’m calling the cops. I know you’re there and stop getting free rides from Yoongi oppa and learn to drive. Geesh. And also, tell Taehyung oppa to go home before Lisa’s other brothers sees him.” 

“What? I thought Johnny was the only brother who’s there.” 

“Well, I just heard that Minho and Wonbin’s coming over. So you guys better scoot before they arrive.” 

“Okay will do. Thanks, I love you Chae.” 

Jimin heard his girl giggle before saying the words back. “As I love you. Now go! Mwah!” 

He looked  back at his friends who were giving him an identical blank face. 

“We have to go. The cops are coming.” 

That didn’t seem to scare Taehyung. 

“Did I say that Minho was coming?” 

“See you tomorrow fellas!” V pointed a finger gun and exited their car. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

After Suga’s surprising announcement, Namjoon continued to drive themselves to the Jeon’s mansion. 

However, Jungkook has other plans. 

“Hyung, can we stop by Hobi hyung’s place first. I just need to check on something…” 

“Okay sure.” Namjoon bit back a smile. Suga had shared his theory that JK might be crushing on Hobi’s little cousin and seeing it before his eyes made him want to tease the maknae. 

Now JK’s not that hard to impress when you’re a girl. But seeing that he’s liking Seo must mean both of them share the same humor…and naughtiness. 

Jungkook looked around to see his game consoles scattered on the carpeted floor. 

When he realized that no one’s home, his excitement died down. He smirked and thought of Seo. While he was busy checking out the house, Namjoon was entertaining himself observing the maknae. 

RM followed JK upstairs to his room and witnessed the photo wall for the first time. 

“Amazing! It’s like a timeline of our lives.” RM commented. 

“What the !!!” He cursed when he saw a picture of him dressed as an anime girl.”Where the hell did you get this?!?” 

He was checking out the photos one by one checking if he has another scandalous photo he never knew existed when Jungkook let out a curse. 

“.” 

“Pardon?” – RM 

“Er…nothing, I just noticed that something’s missing from my wall and I think that brat took it. She’s going to get it once I see her.” Jungkook popped his knuckles and pulled out his phone. 

RM squinted his eyes at his friend and rubbed his chin. “Hey man, what do you think of Eunseo?” 

“She’s crazy.” He replied without even thinking. He opened instagram and looked for Seo’s profile only to get disappointed when she turned it into private. 

“I mean what do you think of her as a girl? Do you perhaps…” 

Jungkook’s heart was racing as he was waiting for his hyung’s question. He stopped spinning his phone as he listened to Namjoon. 

“Do you like Hobi’s cousin?” 

“What?” JK laughed but he can feel his body trembling. “No. Why would I like her? You know she’s not my type. Haha. Hyung, it must be your imagination. Come on let’s go.” JK forced a laugh heading to the door. 

“Tss. Our maknae’s grown up.” Namjoon muttered wiping an invisible tear. 

 

On their way to the gate, they heard an engine turning off outside and someone was opening the gate. 

Jungkook abruptly brushed his hair with his fingers to style it and faced his hyung. 

“Did I really get fat?” He asked while wiping a hanky on his face. 

“Really? Are you sure you don’t like her?” RM raised a brow looking at Jungkook who seemed tense. 

“Pfff. It’s hot today. My face is sweating.” 

“It’s almost winter.” 

Jungkook ignored him and prepared for Seo’s entrance only to get disappointed when it was just Hobi and Jin. 

“Oh it’s you guys…” 

Jungkook got alarmed when Hobi suddenly ran inside the house. 

“Eunseo!” Hobi called inside his loft. His friends followed him. 

“Hyung, she’s not here. I’ve checked.” Jungkook said worried. He went to Hobi’s side to know what happened. He saw Jin whispering something to RM. Both of them went upstairs to check something. 

“What’s wrong Hyung? Did something happen to Seo?” 

Hobi looked at JK and his stare was very concerned. “That stupid blog targeted her.” 

“What? Why?” 

“I don’t know what Nayeon’s up to but I don’t want to rest knowing that my cousin is being treated like this.” 

Jungkook took his phone and went online. He never checked that blog because it was full of malicious things that disgusts him. 

When the page loaded his perfect face frowned upon seeing the latest blog post. The number of reads were continuously rising and it was going viral. He read some comments and he was close to throwing his phone to the nearest wall. Unconsciously, he was balling his fist. 

Hobi noticed this and his brow raised. 

“Hobah, your cousin’s closet is empty.” Namjoon announced going downstairs with Jin. 

Hobi stood up wiping his face. This day was beyond stressful. 

“Do you have a clue of where she might stay at this hour?” 

Hobi walked to think. He stopped his face in front of his bear brick collection and massaged his temples with closed eyes. 

He gave out a deep breath and looked up his display. The first thing he saw was Jisoo’s bear brick. And that gave him the answer. 

“I might have a hunch.” Hobi turned to his friends and smiled at them. “Let’s go to your house Jin hyung.” 

 

 

 

 

 

 


Back at Raven’s Jennie was having dinner with Wonwoo enjoying his company. 

“So what else did you do in Japan besides work? I hope you did not flirt with other girls while you’re there.” Jennie commented and watched Wonwoo smirk. 

When he didn’t say anything, she threw a paper towel on him. “You didn’t?” She challenged dangerously. 

“Sweetheart come on? What little faith in me!” He chuckled shaking his head. “Why would I ever look for another girl when mine’s already the jackpot. I ain’t that stupid babe.” He said taking a bite on a chicken wing.

Jennie looked away to hide her smile. She was deeply in love with this guy. It almost feels like being with him was worth the heartache. She can just smile at the memories she had with Kai because she was very much happy being with Wonwoo. 

“Jen-Jen…” He said reaching for her hands. 

Jennie faced him back and looked at his troubled expression. 

“What is it? Is something wrong?” 
Wonwoo hesitated to tell her some bad news. He only knew of the unfortunate news the night before he flew to Korea. 

“Listen…” 

“What’s up?” She pushed her chair beside him and caressed his arm. 

“It’s Pami…” 

Pami was Jennie’s childhood bestfriend back in New Zealand. Before Jen had Blackpink, she and Pami were inseparable. But Pami decided to pursue theatre and entered college earlier than her. They used to talk a lot but since both of them got busy with school and family business, they didn’t have the luxury to hang out anymore. 

“You’ve met Pami?” She assumed and got excited. “I heard she’s getting recognized in Japan. Did you tell her about me?” 

Wonwoo was interrupted when Tzuyu slammed a card on their table. 

“Hey Queen J, I just want to let you know that you’re invited to my party. We’re celebrating victory. Our little fashion show won the poll.” Tzuyu giggled and took both of Jen’s hands. 

“Oh my god! No way!” Jennie stood up and Tzuyu hugged her tightly. 

“I know. I couldn’t believe it either.” Tzuyu smiled widely and pulled back to give Jen a pat. 

“Thank you. I owe it to you.” 

“No biggie.” Jennie shrugged. She was proud of herself that she managed to turn Tzuyu into a good human being. In fact she was happier that Tzuyu is getting more real. 

Jennie thought girls shouldn’t be defined by standards of society. Instead they should be free to break rules and make one themselves. 

“Miss, can I order now?” A customer called. 

“I’ll see you there okay. And no boys allowed.” She winked at her and punched Wonwoo lightly. 

“Hey!” -Wonwoo. 

Jennie got back on her seat feeling the corners of the invitation card and read the fine print. 

She shook her head when she saw the place where the party is going to be. 

Neon Clouds. 

“Great.” Jennie scoffed and turned back to Wonwoo. “So? Pami?” 

Wonwoo bit his lip and put his arm around her chair. 

“Pami’s…Pami’s gone sweetheart.” He breathed the words almost inaudibly.

“What?”Jennie heard it but she needed to hear it twice. 

“Jen-Jen…I was in Japan when her father called me. He was also hoping that you’ll reach the message. Pami...she took her own life.” 

“What? No, she couldn’t. Wonwoo are you sure? I just…you…this isn’t a good joke.” She retorted and hid her face behind her fingers. 

Both news are overwhelming. Only she doesn’t know what side to choose. The happy part or the sad part. 

She wiped a tear and looked back at Wonwoo. “I hate that friendships are a luxury.” 

“Well, it’s a good thing you can afford it.” Wonwoo teased lightly and pinched her cheek. He pulled her closer and let her rest her head on his shoulder. 

“It’s going to be alright Jen. We’ll get through this.” 

It was that scene that Jimin saw when he entered the restaurant. Jisoo was just following behind when she heard him say… 

“O-Jen’s crying?” Jimin squinted his eyes while Jisoo ran to her friend as quick as a lion hunting a deer. 

“What the demons did you do to her asswipe!” Jisoo accused Wonwoo punching his shoulder. 

“Ya, ya! What’s with all your friends and they’re all violent?” Wonwoo complained to Jennie. 

Jennie slightly chuckled. She stood up and hugged Jisoo. 

“Jisooya…” She cried. 

Jimin was also worried that he went to Wonwoo and gave him a pat. 

“Let’s talk man.” Jimin said in a dangerously low voice. 

“Oh give me a break. I did not make her cry and that’s not going to happen.” Wonwoo hissed, his hands gestured in a cross. 

“What happened then?” Jimin pulled a chair beside Wonwoo. “It’s her old friend back at home. She’s dead.” 

“Oh…I’m sorry man.” 

“Yeah.” Wonwoo sighed. He nodded and traced the droplets of water on his cold beer. 

“Hyung, do you have a date for the Winter’s ball?” Wonwoo said going for another subject. Jennie have asked him that Suga wanted to take her. He was obviously against it, even though she's claiming that Suga was just like a brother to her.

“Damn. Don’t remind me.” Jimin sighed and relaxed on his chair. 

Jimin’s reaction made Wonwoo smirk. “Seungwoo Hyung suggested a better plan and I’m asking you to take Jen-Jen to the ball.” 

“What?” Jimin looked at Jennie. Just the thought of having her as a date makes his head ache. “You’re going insane dude.” 

“I trust you more than Suga. I’ll be busy that night and I can only be at peace if Jen's with a harmless guy hyung. Besides…I’ll be trapping some rats.” Wonwoo hinted and drank his beer. 

Jimin got his message. Sometimes Wonwoo scares him the same way Jennie does. 

 

 

 

Hobi, Jungkook, and Namjoon got off Jin’s vehicle when they reached his house. 

Jungkook was scrunching his face upon seeing how Jin was acting like a spy about to purposely fail his mission. 

“Hyung cut it out.” JK said in embarrassment. If he’s in a better mood, he would’ve act just as the same. 

Jin was crouching low on the ground while opening the gate. He was wiggling his along with his shoulders. 

 


When they managed to enter the house without fighting each other, Hobi yelled Seo’s name but it looks like no one’s home. 

“Hyung! I found her things!” JK announced and he led them to the guest room. 

“Hmm, seem like you don’t have to worry much Hoseokah. She’ll be back, that’s for sure.” – Jin. 

Hobi was still worried despite what they’ve just discovered. 

“This is too much. Joonie, are we really going to wait until next week to make those jerks pay for what they did to everyone? Didn’t you say you’ve got everything you need already?” 

“I do. But we need to be real patient. I’m feeling really competitive. Why don’t we give them a show they’ll never forget?” Namjoon said confidently and put his arm around Hobi. “We needn’t have to rush things. Trust me man, we’ll have our chance. You’ll have your chance.” 

Hobi relaxed a little at Namjoon’s little pep talk. 

“Fine. But we need V to get things done inmediately.” 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Somewhere in a computer shop, Seo was nearly done with Jisoo’s little mission. 

“Hey Joker, go home it’s late.” 

She heard the owner called. Jisoo specifically told her to be careful getting recognized because of the scandal she’s into. It was a good thing she picked up Hobi’s mask she found in his room. She took it because it looked so authentic and convincing. She was sure he won’t mind because there were like 5 of those masks lying under Hobi’s bed. 

“And presto!” She half whispered and clicked the mouse publishing her very first blog post. 

Your Guide To Seoul International University. 
-Student Confessions, Conspiracy Theories and The People You Don’t Want To Mess With. 

By: The Lost Seoul Girl 

 

 

 

 

 

 


A/N

Happy New Year!