Epilogue

Love On Fire

 

It was summer of the next year when Namjoon and his friends decided it was a good idea to spend their vacation in Thailand. He and the boys plus Jisoo have already checked in the hotel at one of Koh Samui's luxury resort while Jennie and Rosie just arrived earlier this morning from New Zealand.

He was drinking beer with Suga while watching Jin, Jungkook and Jisoo bickering by the barebecue by the poolside.

"How can I finish with these if you two keep eating the meat!" Jin wailed his eyes almost going out their sockets.

"There's more meat in the fridge," Jungkook retorted cutely while munching the food.

"Eung," Jisoo agreed grabbing a piece of beef from the plate.

"Go play with the others!"

"Have you decided on your best man yet?" Namjoon asked Yoongi while checking his phone if Taehyung left any messages. He and Lisa flew here five days ago because Lisa's family wanted to get to know her boyfriend more so Taehyung greatly indulged on it nearly dragging his girl back to her home country. He was brave to face her brothers now since the day Lisa scolded her brothers to be nice to Taehyung.

"Mmm, I think I have a pick."

Namjoon raised an eyebrow turning his head back to Jin. "Seokjin hyung?"

Yoongi shrugs. He's not really keen on picking from his friends since he has 6 best bros but then Jin was his mother brother so he owes a lot to that guy.

"You think Jimin wouldn't..."

"I'll talk to him in case he acts on it."

Namjoon nods, drinking from his bottle. It was that time when Hobi shows up carrying buckets of fish with Jimin tailing from behind.

"I think luck is finally catching up on you, my friend." Hobi complimented Jimin who was flexing his own pile full of squirming fresh mackerels.

"I feel good today since I'm seeing Chaeyoung soon. I'll finally get to hold her after so long." Jimin giddily wiggled his shoulder anticipating the thought of Chaeng in his arms anytime soon.

"I see that's about to happen." Hobi grinned pointing at Chaeyoung who was walking with Jennie towards the food.

Chaeng was full of excitement especially when she saw that Jungkook and Jisoo were eating freshly grilled meat.

"Korean meat, finally!"

Jisoo chuckled at her expression then she picked a piece with her chopsticks trying to feed her best friend when Jungkook blocked the way and opened his mouth instead.

"YA!"

"The early bird catches the worm." Jungkook shrugged munching the meat that was supposedly for her.

Chaeyoung's eye twitched in anger but before she gets to explode, her boyfriend did it for her.

Everyone's attention went to the pool when Jimin quickly tackled Jungkook into the water.

"And sneaky snakes gets the bird." Chaeyoung smirks raising a thumbs up to her oppa. Jimin winks at her with a bonus kiss.

"Urgh Jimin you ruined my shirt. Seo gave this to me on New Year's Eve..." Jungkook complained.

Jennie was settling her bag beside Yoongi's recliner shaking her head at the childishness of people by the pool.

"How was your flight?" Yoongi asks.

"Good. Where's Eunseo?" Her turn to ask because she knew Lisa was coming later but she thought Eunseo would be present as well.

Hobi answered for her. "Back in Korea."

Jennie gave him a confused look to which Hobi knowingly responded, "she decided she's studying at Seoul International. My condition was she fix things on her own since she went all the trouble deciding to study in the States by herself if she wanted to stay at my place."

"So you just leave her alone in Seoul?" Jennie's tone almost went a pitch higher.

"Relax Jen, he's not punishing her, it's more for JK," Namjoon interrupted. "Those two got too close when they started dating, it was more disgusting than Jirose and Taelice combined."

Jennie turned her gaze towards Jungkook who was trying to chase Jimin in the pool. She thought about it and decided it's better for the young ones to be apart for now.

"Where's Wonwoo anyway?"

"He's busy."

"Not too busy, I hope." Yoongi sipped his drink.

"He's picking me up tomorrow if you miss him that much, you'll see him soon. That's for sure."

"Great, I'll give him the invitation."

Jennie's eyes bulged out in surprise. Apart from her own band schedules, she's also excited about Yoongi's wedding.

"Aw man, she'll never let you live this time." Namjoon whispered but Jennie still heard him.

"I need to see that Gramps, give it!" She was now standing ready to smack face.

"I was just trying to see your reaction!" Suga defended himself using Namjoon to shield his body.

"This is the reaction, now hand me that invitation!"

"Ya! Stop this you guys," Hobi tried to get in between them.

"This is why I'm having second thoughts to invite you!" - Suga.

"How dare you! I was there when she picked out the gown and your suit, you basically owed your fashion sense to me!" Her arms caught Yoongi's causing Namjoon to get hurt in between the two.

"Yo guys, I need help here. Jennie's turning to a monster again!" Hobi called for reinforcements when he saw Namjoon was struggling to breathe.

In just a few seconds, Jungkook had effortlessly took Jennie by the waist.

"Ya get her in here!" Jimin yelled.

"Oh my god," Jisoo doesn't know if she'll laugh or not. She's entertained alright but it's scary to see Jen mad.

"I swear to god I'll kill you Jeon Jung-"

Her sentence never finished because her face reached the water at the moment.

" you, BTS!"

"I missed you too, Jen noona" Jungkook chuckled unapologetic.

"You little !"

Before Jennie could attack him, Jin made a big splash in front of her. Then it was followed by Chaeyoung's scream who was getting away from Jimin.

She was unsuccessful though and she ended up in the water as well.

Hobi was enjoying all of this when Jisoo diabolically pushed him in the pool. Then she canonballed herself right after.

Yoongi shakes his head. "Aren't you glad we're not kids anymore, Namjoon."

Namjoon just looked at him, an evil plan forming at the back of his mind.

His friends then started cheering his name.

"Kim Namoon! Kim Namjoon! Kim Namjoon!"

Suga gave a lopsided grin, "You wouldn't."

Namjoon sighed.

"Knew it, you're far too mature for that."

When Suga started to relax, Namjoon executed the plan and carried his friend in bridal style.

"Ready or not!"

Suga wasn't given a chance to react at all.

"Did you get that oppa?" Jisoo asked Jin who's camera was pointed at Yoongi.

The siblings gave each other a fist bump.

 

That was the moment Taehyung and Lisa arrived at.

Lisa removed her sunglasses in bewilderment. "I thought we were supposed to go swim at 4pm! It's only 11 guys."

She looked at Taehyung for help, who was giggling at the sight of Suga soaked in the water. Lisa gets his attention by nudging him. They were supposed to board a yacht upon their arrival but their friends decided to have a pool party instead.

"Y-ya, you guys, we have a schedule. She already booked the yacht."

"Jennie unnie, you even got involved with this?" Lisa said rather disappointedly.

"I'm not-"

Suga covered . "Hey Tae, why don't you and your girl join in the fun?"

Taehyung turned his face to his girl considering his hyung's suggestion.

Lisa started backing away.

"Babe...my shoes are from Celine's limited edition line....if you get them wet...I swear I'll have my brothers chase your ..."

Lisa saw Jin recording from his water resistant GoPro.

"Okay. S'long as you're not breaking up with me!"

Tae dropped their bags and quickly brought her to his arms then straight to the pool.

"I'm sooo not kissing you for a week!!!" Lisa wiped her face while Taehyung laughed at her adoringly.

"Welcome back Tae!" Jimin jumped on his back then his friends followed.

"Don't drown my boyfriend you horrible jerks!" Lisa cried while being hugged by her girl friends.

"I miss you Lisaaayaa," Chaeyoung said putting her head on her shoulder. "My shoes are really expensive," Lisa almost cried ignoring Chaeng's words but she hugs her back nonetheless.

"You're not the only one," Jennie showed her drenched black and white Chanel sandals.

"Unnie," Lisa wailed.

 

That same night, the group had boarded the yacht Lisa organized. And after dinner, they gather at the deck around the lit fire to have a good conversation before going to sleep.

"So, first things first, I'd like to give the best man role to..."

Jungkook made a drum roll sound.

"Kim Seokjin...."

"That was predictable." Jimin sighed trying to hide his rejected feelings.

Suga eyed him then continued, "sorry but my best man is Jimin."

"WHAT!" Jimin stood up surprising Chaeyoung.

"I'm kidding it's Jin." Suga giggled enjoying Jimin's reaction.

"Not fair hyung, you know I know I want to be that but I know Jin hyung's like your main man." Jimin went back to his seat to which Chaeyoung comforted him by patting his back.

"Why'd you have to take my place when your main man will probably give you the best man role." Jin pointed his chin towards Taehyung who's busy trying to get Lisa's affection back.

"Since we're on this topic anyway, why best man, Jimin? When you can be the groom, instead." Jennie raised an eyebrow opening an awkward conversation.

Thankfully, Jimin knew what Jennie was doing, so he answered by saying, "I can be a groom anytime to Chaeng you know, I think I'm good."

"But.." Jennie added.

"But I'm the one who's not ready yet unnie. Do you really hate my boyfriend that much? I can see you'll really kill him if he decides to marry me." Chaeyoung answered for Jimin.

Jennie rolled her eyes when she saw their hands intertwined get tighter.

"It's good you think you're not ready yet Chaeng. Please don't be ready. At least for the next 10 years." Jennie smiled suggestively but was looking at Jimin.

"You're such a nice girl, Jennie." Jimin said sarcastically.

"Ugh, I thought you said there's wifi here Lisa," Jungkook complained trying to to load instagram to check on his girl.

Lisa snapped her head towards him. "I said there was wifi...on certain parts of the trip."

Jungkook's shoulders dropped.

Taehyung snickered. "Lovesick fool."

"Hey Lis, since you're not forgiving Tae yet, why don't we hang out instead." Jungkook suggested trying to provoke his hyung. "I bought board games and some of your fave snacks though. Seo said you'll miss 'em"

"I'm cutting your head off," Taehyung pointed at the maknae to which Jungkook shrugged off as response.

"I've no one to play with," Jungkook explains.

"Hey JK come here," Hobi called him. He was on his phone with Jisoo by his side. "Chich's phone has internet."

"Oh yas please!"

Taehyung then shood him away to leave them alone. Then he turned to his girl in hopes that she'll have mercy. "Can we please make up now?"

Lisa tried to shake off his embrace but Tae was persistent. "I'm not sorry for what I did because I want us to have fun."

"And you think ruining my eighteen hundred dollar shoes is fun?" She asked raising a brow at him.

Taehyung grunted. "I...I could" he gulped. "I could accompany you...while shopping..."

Lisa almost smiled. It was like Taehyung had agreed to sign a devil's contract. Her boyfriend wasn't a fan of shopping. He was game at first but when they shopped together he almost threw a fit after four hours.  She understands him but she'll prefer if she shops with him.

Jennie and the guys were watching the two. They couldn't help but anticipate what happens next.

"I can't believe Tae's becoming so...submissive." Jennie giggled.

"He's just turned himself into Lisa's dog." Namjoon commented.

"You know given that we're close friends and all, I think once a couple here breaks up, I think all of us will break up too." Jennie voiced out her thoughts.

"Duh, that happened like months ago, the hospital scene? It was also your fault Jennie Kim," Jimin accused.

"Yeah well that's different. For real though, if you and Chaeng broke up on normal circumstances I don't think I'll ever be friends with you again."

"If and only if that happens which I'm sure will never be." Jimin confidently retorted.

"Can we stop talking about breakups here. Yall are giving me anxiety," Jungkook stood up with Jisoo's phone on hand.

"I'm so glad you're letting JK and Seo date." Jisoo whispered to Hobi.

"It's fine, I gave them curfew." Hobi smiled lovingly at her. 

"Honestly though, even if something like that will happen, I won't bear it with me forever." Chaeyoung started to speak. She put her head on Jimin's head. "I think your influence on me will last a long time and I think bonds like these don't break that easily."

Jimin smiled kissing her forehead.

Tae smiled and back hugged Lisa who turned quiet with everyone else.

"Never thought I'd befriend a ." - Suga

"Never thought I'd allow Jimin and friends to get close to my girls." Jennie.

"Never thought I'd have a hyung's relative as a girl friend." Jungkook muttered unconsciously. He shifted to another seat when Hobi eyed him with malice.

Jin cleared his throat to evaporate the building tension again and raised a champagne glass.

"I think it's time we make a toast." Jin paced to the center.

"To us and our loved ones, may we all remember that we'll always have this day to look back on when things get rocky."

"This day, where everyone's at peace with each other..." Namjoon added.

"And Jen's totally calm as the sea." Jimin added some more.

"Cheers!" Namjoon smiled.

"Cheers!"

 

 

 

 

A/N

 

And that's all folks.

Thank you for giving this story a chance.