Quits

Love On Fire

Love On Fire

Chapter 11 Quits

 

 

 

 

 

“I can’t believe it was you guys!” Lisa exclaimed holding V’s phone closer to her face.

“I know! I’m still in shock right now. When I saw that picture, I am so convinced we’re destined for each other.”

“Why didn’t you tell me sooner?”

“Well…it’s not a big deal now. I mean, if we’re not in good terms, I would probably tell you sooner…but…we’re better than good. We’re perfect.”

“Tch. Stop being cute.”

“What? I’m telling the truth. Deal with it.”

 

Jisoo watched as Lisa and V acted so sweet together. She shook her head when she saw how Lisa failed to avoid Tae’s undeniable affections. A month ago, she would think that it’s impossible for Taehyung and Lisa to actually get together because he’s immature and she’s smart. But then, maybe their weirdness overcame each other’s differences, hence their “perfect” chemistry prevailed in the end.

Her attention was diverted to another couple who was descending down the stairs.

“We’re going Tae-tae! Hey Jisoo-shi!” Jimin greeted her as he came down with Rose, their hands intertwined together.

Jisoo waves at him and smiled. Where is Jennie anyway? She should be home by now.

“Oh, Unnie I heard you did well on your audition!” Rose recalled and congratulated her friend.

“Taehyungie, come on!”

Taehyung did not respond at Jimin’s words. Instead, he pulled Lisa closer to him on the couch and placed his chin on her shoulder. “What’s your perfume? You smell really good.”

“Mmm…it’s my shampoo. I didn’t put on any perfume today.”

“Ya, Kim Taehyungshi, we need to go. It’s getting late!”

“You go ahead; I don’t have any A.M. class tomorrow.”

“You and I don’t, but my girlfriend does. Come on!” Jimin said pulling Taehyung’s hand to get him up.

“No!” Taehyung protested wrapping his arms around Lisa.

“It’s alright Jimin-shi. Give us five minutes. I’ll handle this.” Lisa said patting V’s shoulders.

“Fine. Don’t blame me if he gets all clingy to you. I’ll meet you outside man. Bye Jisoo-shi…come Chaeyi…” Jimin said reaching for Rose.

“Hey, you’re not leaving with her are you?” Jisoo asked accusingly.

“Er…I’ll just walk him by the gate Unnie. Don’t worry, I won’t be long. I’ll be back!” Rose answered and dragged Jimin outside.

Jisoo watched the two exit the door. Then she shifts her gaze back to the other couple.

“They’re probably going to kiss.” – Taehyung.

Lisa held her laughter and coughed. “Does Jimin know how to kiss?”

“Haha!” Taehyung raised a hand for a hi-five and Lisa open hits his hand. The two of them giggled together.

“Hey, will you two keep your thoughts to yourselves? I’m starting to think that it’s a bad idea that you two are paired up.”

“Jisooyah, don’t be rude!”

“Unnie, we’re not that bad.”

Jisoo sighed and pulled Taehyung’s hand up which she successfully did without much effort.

“OW! Where are you getting your strength?” Taehyung said shaking his hands in the air because of Jisoo’s grip.

“Taehyungshi, it’s way passed my Lisa’s bedtime. Off you go. Shoo!”

“Alright, alright. Tsk.” He stretches lazily and turned to Lisa. He was about to give her a hug when Jisoo came in between them.

“Taehyungah, go home.” – Jisoo.

“Fine…fine.” He turned around and turned back again to snatch Lisa’s hand and kissed it. He bolted outside even before Jisoo can protest.

 

 

 

“So…” Jimin said looking at Rose. “I better go. I think Tae will stay for a while though…what with Lisa…”

Rose looked at the gate and looked at Jimin. “Yeah…um, you’re birthday’s coming up soon. Do you have any requests?” She said gazing brightly at him.

Jimin tilted his head - his fingers on his chin, thinking about something.

“Hmm, requests huh.” He then looked at her with a smug face. “Hug me all day for my birthday?”

“Be serious.” She said pinching his nose which she really find cute nowadays.

“I am being serious. I was going to say kiss me all day but I know you don’t like those things.” Jimin pushed her hand away from his nose and held it.

“Hey!” Rose laughed, hitting him on the arm.

“See, you’re getting violent again.” Jimin said defending himself. He pulled her closer and cupped her face with his hands. “Chaeyoungah…I’m not that hard to impress. Just be there for me on my birthday and I’ll be the happiest guy in the world.” He said. When both of them realized that they’ve been staring for too long, Jimin landed his lips on hers and savored the moment. Jimin was happy he got to finally kiss her on his own when Rose felt him smile.

“You didn’t ask permission.” Rose pulled away when she realized it.

“Oh, sorry. Do you want me to ask again?” Jimin said his face getting closer.

“Forget it!” She said, her voice getting a little bit of high pitched.

“That’s impossible, honey.”

 

Rose and Jimin were being playful as usual when Taehyung grabbed Jimin’s hand and dragged him out the gate.

“Let’s go bro, see you Rose!”

Rose recovered from shock and bid the two goodbye.

 

 

 

 

When Rose and Lisa were peacefully tucked at sleep, Jisoo looked at the clock and it’s almost midnight. Jennie was still not around and she’s starting to get worried. She decided to give her a call when a black Mercedes benz parked in front of her house. She canceled the call and watched Wonwoo open the door for Jennie.

 

“Thanks for picking me up.” Jennie said coyly. She was supposed to head home after her shift, but she remembered that she’s attending an org meeting for the upcoming Business Dev’s night so she went back to campus. She and Tzuyu are the ones to facilitate the event and they really wanted to pull it off as what they’ve envisioned it.

“Thanks” is not enough. I don’t do free rides.” He said playfully.

“Woah, Jeon Wonwoo, are you getting full of yourself? Your success doesn’t give you the right to be arrogant. Aish, look at you, you think you’re already a hot shot. Tsk. Remember this Wonwooyah, you will always be that boy who peed his pants in art class. Never forget.”

“YA!”

“I’m going. Good night.” Jennie said walking inside the house. Wonwoo grabbed her wrist before she can get away from him.

“Wait, I’m not done talking.”

“What is it? I’m tired, can’t it wait tomorrow?” Jennie complained. Aside from the fact that she’s spent for the day, she’s also having mini heart palpitations because of this guy. It didn’t help that Suga kept teasing her feelings about him.

“I’ll let you go in one condition.”

“Fine, just hurry up!”

Wonwoo smirked and pulled her closer. He bends slightly to match her level and pointed at his cheek.

“What?” Jennie gulped as their proximity gets closer.

“Give me a kiss.”

“Are you for real?” She said not knowing where to look. Wonwoo was looking at her and she’s not used to it. It should be the other way around because that’s how she is towards him back then. Since that night on her brother’s wedding, their relationship went back to normal. Only this time, they’ve grown accustomed to the fact that they’re both engaged to each other that’s why they’re more affectionate. That’s why it’s normal for them to act like a couple when they’re not really a couple. At least, they haven’t really talked about it. Jennie thought it’s not an issue between them anyway. They’re fine with being “close.” 

“Hey if you don’t want to do it then you’ll be sleeping outside. Come on, be fair. I didn’t ask for anything ever since I started doing you favors! I’m only asking this onc-”

Jennie did as what she was told and got the boy frozen in place.

“You talk too much. Good night.” She smirked and giggled at his reaction.

“G-goodnight.” He answered in a daze.

 

 

 

Jisoo was relieved that Jennie got home safe. She went downstairs to greet her and caught her friend smiling like an idiot. It’s so obvious why though.

“Hey.”

“O…Jisoo Unnie, you startled me there.” Jennie said her hand on her chest.

“How was your day?” Jisoo asked while she fixes her jacket.

“Hmm, it was good. Wait, are you going out?” Jennie looked at the clock and it was really late.

“Um…I’m really hungry. It’s your fault you made me wait. You didn’t even text me! Aigoo, so it’s really like this when your friends started having boyfriends. The world is really cruel. Aish.” She spat acting like she’s mad.

“What? Unnie? What boyfriend? I’m still single!” Jennie said to her defense.

“Tch. What is your heart telling you?” Jisoo said her hand patting on her chest.

“Uh, that you’re back to being strange again?” Jennie answered.

Jisoo gave up and sighed. “I’m going out and buy myself some chicken at the convenience store. At least people there are honest.”

“Hold on, I’ll come with you.”

“No need. I know you’re exhausted. Just go upstairs sleep and dream of Wonwoo.”

“UNNIE!”

“What? Did I curse at you?”

“Aiiiiish.” Jennie stomped her feet.

“Go!”

Even though Jen wouldn’t admit it, Jisoo knows her best friend like the back of her hand. Jennie is smitten, and she doesn’t even know it.

 

 

 

Jisoo has always thought that as the eldest among her friends, it’s her right to protect them. She never expected that his brother’s friends would like her friends. She never expected that they’ll like each other at all. She’s always thought that because Jennie, Rose and Lisa grew up in other countries, their personalities would clash. Hence bringing them to her home country will not be a problem because Bangtan would get intimidated just by looking at them. But lo and behold, what happened was the total opposite. She shouldn’t have had underestimated fate. Turns out that her friends are just what BTS needed.

“I guess I’m the only one left. I wonder when will I ever date?” She sighed as she was scanning the isle for snacks.

She’s humming to the song Eat by Zion.T when somebody tapped her shoulder. She plugged her earphones off and turned around.

“Wow, you’re eating a lot!” Jinyoung commented and pointed at her food.

“Oh, Jinyoungie! Do you also live in this area?”

“Nope, I was just visiting my grandparents.” He said showing her some stuff he bought. “My grandfather is sick. I had to run to get some medicines. How about you, you’re always hungry at night?”

“More like starving.” Jisoo said rolling her eyes.

 

 

Jinyoung and Jisoo got out of the convenience store while talking about Jisoo’s concerns.

“My friends are having boyfriends.”

“You’re making it sound like it’s a problem.” Jinyoung remarked and helped her carry her bags.

“But it is! You know I was the one who brought them here. I was the one who suggested that it’s the best idea for us to be in one place and to study in my school. But BTS kept ruining everything! They stole my friends from me…and also that Wonwoo guy! I hate him for getting my Jendeukie!”

“Hmm, based on your judgment and from what I’ve observed, it seems to me that you’re just jealous.”

“Jealous? I’m not gay!”

“I’m not saying you are. I just want to tell you – just to broaden your mind – that your friends are growing up…”

“Are you telling me that I’m immature and that I’m still a kid?!?”

Jinyoung sighed. “Life is a cycle Jisooyah. And I think your friends are in that part where love comes into the picture. You should consider yourself lucky because Cupid’s arrow hasn’t hit you yet. Besides, I don’t think you’ll want to enter a relationship if you’re not ready. In my opinion, you just have to live your life and enjoy it as you can.”

“Actually, maybe you’re right. Maybe I’m jealous.” She remarked reflecting on what she said earlier.

“SO YOU’RE REALLY A LES-”

“No, it’s not that!” Jisoo cut him off and hits his arm. “I’m more jealous that they have someone who looks out for them and cares for them dearly.” She said, her mind going back to the past remembering her small crush on Hobi.

“Well you have someone like that!”

“Yeah, who?”

“Your brother!”

“Tch. You know what I mean.”

“Aigoo, don’t be impatient. I’m sure he’ll come around. You’ll see.” He said and looks at her hopeful that she’ll see through him.

 

 

Both of them were walking silently when Jisoo reached her way home.

“Uh, this is my street.” Jisoo said pointing at the road to her left.

“Okay, I’ll walk you home.”

“No, it’s still a long way. You should go home and worry about your grandfather. I’ll be fine.”

“You sure?”

“Yeah. This place is safe with 0-1% crime rates.”

Jinyoung didn’t take her word for it and walked closer towards her.

 “Give me your phone.”

Jisoo rolled her eyes and they exchanged phone numbers.

She put back her earphones as both of them parted ways. Zion. T’s Eat came bursting in her world again.

 

Then take this song out like eat it like chocolate

Even if you’re tired, make sure you eat breakfast and lunch

Then I’ll compliment you later

 

I miss you

I like you a lot

I want to hug you more

Love, love, it’s like love

Maybe I really love you

 

She sang the words without caring about anything.  She only minded it when she saw Hobi walking towards her way. He smirked at her and looked at her bags. Jisoo unplugged one earphone because she can feel that he’s going to initiate conversation. Hobi’s acting weird lately. Normally, he’d just pass her by acting like she doesn’t exist. She’s gotten used to it ever since she came back from New Zealand and now it’s weird that he’s giving her attention.

“What do you know…like brother like sister.”

“Oh hello Hoseok-shi. Have a good night.” She gave him a nod and tried to walk pass him.

“That’s a classic.”

“Excuse me?”

“The song you were listening to - Eat by Zion. T, it’s one of my faves too. It’s very relatable.”

“If you’re trying to have conversation with me, I’m sorry but I’m more hungry than I am patient right now. So let’s just bicker tomorrow. Okay?”

“You must be stressed about something if you’re buying food in the middle of the night. Care to tell me what’s up?” He ignored what she said and prompted with the conversation. Jisoo was bubbly before and she always tells him a lot of things about her. He’s always taken notes on that.

“Whatever’s happening in my life right now doesn’t concern you. So just run along and live a good life. Good night.” She continues her pace but Hobi catches up with her easily.

“Wait up. Come on Jisooshi, it’s not like we’re never friends. You even told me you love me.”

“YAAA! Do you want to die or something?”

“Calm down. I was just catching up with you. It’s been a long time since we’ve had long conversations. Don’t you miss it?”

“Tch. Things have changed. You and I aren’t the same people anymore.” She said pacing faster than usual.

“Hold up…are you still mad at me? I thought we’re good.” Hobi said successfully blocking Jisoo.

“We are good. But honestly, you’re getting on my nerves nowadays and I’m not sure exactly why you’re acting this way. Do you perhaps need anything from me? Or are you just bored and your turning to me to get entertained? Either way, it’s not making sense. So please, for my own peace of mind, why?”

“Why what?”

“Why are you suddenly acting like nothing happened!? AISH! Seriously? You were the one who rejected me and everything was getting fine until you and your friends came barging into my life again!” Jisoo put so much effort not to cry in front of this guy. Pigeons will turn black first before he can witness her bawl her eyes out.

“Look, I don’t have anything against your friends okay. I don’t mind Taehyungie and Jiminnie dating Lisa and Chaeng, but the moment they break their hearts is the moment I cut my ties off with everyone of you. It doesn’t matter that Jin’s my brother. I would never let my friends get hurt by any boy. They can try and they’ll suffer.” She looked at him with a straight face.

“So you better watch your friends and warn them about my consequence. Good night Hobi-shi.”

Hobi watched her back as she walks away. But before she can totally disappear from his sight, he said.

“But what about my friends? Have you ever considered that your friends can hurt my friends too? If you think a relationship is a one way thing then that’s where you’re wrong. I didn’t want to say this now because of our situation but I’m feeling the vibe now so…”

She didn’t know why, but she felt like her heart was going to explode anticipating for whatever it is that he wants to say.

“Jisooyah, this has been long overdue but…”

Hobi sighed and said the words he should’ve said to her when she confessed.

Jisoo looked back at him not able to say anything. What’s going on again? Why is this happening?

Hobi couldn’t take it anymore. He felt like if he just watched her from afar then she’ll totally go away too far from his reach. He promised himself that he’ll watch her at arm’s length but with Blackpink gaining more and more popular was not helping.

“There. I said it. Until now, I still do and I care for you more than my friend’s younger sister. But as you said earlier, we’ve changed. If only I could take back those words I would but I guess I was a coward and I really respect your brother a lot that I thought what I did was the right thing to do. I’m sorry Jisooyah.”

Jisoo couldn’t find her voice for a sec. She breathed deep before finding the right words to fire back.

“You don’t expect me to just run to you and hug you and tell you that it’s fine right?” Jisoo said massaging her temples.

“Nope. I was actually expecting you’d slap me.”

“I would if only you’re closer.” Jisoo gritted her teeth in frustration.

“I’m not going to expect anything. I’m not even expecting you to do anything. I just want you to know.” Hobi said looking at her from a distance.

Jisoo couldn’t believe he’s saying all of this to her in the middle of the night. Now she’s not so sure if she really wants a boyfriend. Are boys really this complicated?

“You selfish jerk. You can expect me to ignore you. That’s a guarantee.” She said her words with finality and turned her back to Hobi. It took her a lot of control to speak without breaking her voice. Her heart was trembling and she’s afraid that she won’t get a hold of it like before.

“See you tomorrow! I love you!” He waved and smiled sadly knowing that the coming days are probably going to leave a wound.

 

 

 

 

 

The following day, Jungkook, Seo and Hobi were heading to a Taekwondo class. Hobi scolded the two for being reckless the other night and he thought that his cousin and his friend should keep themselves busy if they want to avoid bad habits like smoking. Hobi drove the two early in the morning to the taekwondo class he recommends. Why Taekwondo? He couldn’t bring himself to hit the two and thought that they should be doing that for each other, that’s why.

 

“Hobi Hyung, why do we have to be together? I can just take this class without her.” Jungkook complained in a small voice.

“Um, just so you know, I’m right here and I can hear you.” Seo stated.

Hobi sighed. “I thought I had made myself clear. You guys…even if you’re just experimenting, it’s not cool to experiment with nicotine. I’m not going to tolerate this. You have to reflect on your actions.”

Jungkook sighed. “I hate it when you talk like you’re an adult.”

“Jungkookah don’t be sad. You’ll grow up soon and you’ll understand.”

Jungkook thought it was at least better that it happened like that. He thought he owed it to Seo last night for saving him from a lot of trouble. But the girl was so weird to him and kept smiling creepily at him after he thanked her. So much for getting along well. He called Mingyu and thought he needed the back-up when the dial tone says his friend was busy. He didn’t want his BTS hyungs to know he’s having problems dealing with girls and the reason was because he has a bad habit. They’ll scold him non-stop if he tells them.

“Mingyuyah…pick up the phone…” He sighed.

 

 

 

 

That moment, Mingyu was inaccessible to answer phone calls. He was in the middle of the discussion for their plans to ruin BTS. Day by day he wishes he didn’t agree to join this occult group in the first place. He was really guilty because Jungkook and his friends are really nice and he couldn’t bring himself to hate them anymore.

“The plan is simple…we just have to get him alone.” Lay said while sipping a cup of chamomile tea. “What’s the update on the blogger?”

“I haven’t spoken to her yet. She’s very elusive.” Bambam complained.

“You have to get her Bambam. If we get her on our side, our plan will be exceptionally foolproof. Don’t wait for me to do your job okay?”

Bambam nodded and walked out.

“How about you, new recruit? What’s the update on the maknae’s bad habit?”

“He’s thinking of quitting…he actually smokes once or twice a week now.”

Lay pinched his nose bridge and sighed. “No…we can’t let him get over it. You have to force him to smoke. You still have to get him filmed.” He sighed and stood up from his chair.

“Guys, our plan’s almost complete. I don’t want anyone to get distracted. Don’t you want to overtake the campus? I hope everyone is reminded why they joined the group.” He looked at each of them and landed last on Mingyu. “Please focus on your tasks everyone. Meeting adjourned.”

Mingyu finally relaxed his shoulders and slouched on his seat. He saw his phone having 2 missed calls and texted Jungkook that he couldn’t accompany him today.

“Sorry man, the only way for you to not get in trouble is for me to stay away.” He mumbled to himself.

 

 

 

 

 

That same rainy day Taehyung was waiting for Lisa at some café near the campus. A waitress approached him and placed his order on the table. The waitress was trying to be cute when Taehyung’s phone glowed and it showed his wallpaper.

“HAHA, who’s that ugly girl?” The waitress blurted out of nowhere. It was a photo of Lisa taken by Taehyung when she thought he wasn’t looking. She was posing her derp face unintentionally.

“Oh that’s my girlfriend. Lovely isn’t she?” He replied casually and took the glass of capuccino on the tray.

Taehyung texted Lisa and asked her where she was when he received a message from his father. Apparently, he has to leave again to manage their farm in the U.S. Compared to their vineyard in Daegu, the one they have in the U.S. is smaller because they wanted o expand their business without risking a lot of collaterals. His father specifically left that one in his care because he’ll soon be responsible for managing it. They’ve talked about their business and he clearly knew this was going to happen any time soon after graduation.

Now he’s seriously thinking about the future and his plan to keep Lisa by his side until…well, however long it’ll take. Marriage could wait and he hopes that it’ll be soon.

He brightened up when he saw Lisa’s message. She said that she’s coming over after a few minutes and that he should eat first. He was busy browsing her social media account when he overheard something from the other table.

“She’s hot!”

“Oh look at that body!”

“You’re so lucky man. Did you ever get to kiss her?”

“Psh. Of course, who would pass on that?”

Taehyung couldn’t help but turn his head over to the other table. It bothers him that guys would talk ungraciously about girls that way. It turned out that it was Bambam and some other guys talking about some girl.

“But I heard she’s already dating someone from BTS.”

“Unless these rumors are true then she’s two timing you.”

“Are you really dating her??? Lisa’s kind of…out of every guy’s league.”

“Are you doubting me then!? How can you not see it in this picture?” Now Bambam noticed Taehyung looking sternly towards him.

If he’s going to insult Lisa in front of his face then he’ll surely get what he’s expecting.

Bambam smirked at him and said. “She even begged me to do it.”

Taehyung slammed his hands on the table and grabbed Bambam’s shirt. It was still pouring outside and some customers would’ve gone out if it hadn’t for the rain.

“O, it’s him!”

“Hi, how’s it going bro?” Bambam teasingly asked him.

“You tell me.” Taehyung couldn’t control his anger towards the guy. He’s not a violent person, and he’s usually calm when there’s a difficult situation. But for now, he couldn’t see any reason to hesitate.

“Bambam, maybe you should apologize.” A guy said afraid of the aura that Taehyung was exuding.

“W-why would I?” Bambam choked as Taehyung’s grip got tighter.

“W-well, he wouldn’t react like that hadn’t you insulted her. Maybe it’s true that-”

“It’s true. I’m her boyfriend and I’m really pissed right now!” He turned back to Bambam and glared at him. “How can you call yourself a friend?”

That triggered Bambam and he aimed for Taehyung’s face but he missed. Taehyung threw him on the floor instead.

This was what Lisa came into when she arrived in the café. The staff we’re in panic not sure what to do with the two boys. The other customers were just in shock hoping that no one would get hurt. Lisa run towards the boys and pulled Taehyung from Bambam. The other guys were of no help. They just sit there, gawking like fan boys when she arrived.

“What’s going on here?! Why are you two fighting?” She yelled in confusion. She slightly pulled away to check if her boyfriend was okay, when she was sure that he is, she then turned to Bambam and offered her hand to pull him up. But Bambam ignored her help and stood up by himself.

The waitress gasped at the sight that is Lisa. Although she was only wearing casual clothes, the waitress couldn’t believe she was this beautiful in person. No wonder these boys are fighting over her. She’s a knockout!

“Ya, Kim Taehyung why did you attack him?” She asks concerned about the both of them.

“This guy was boasting to his friends that you’re dating him. I was about to let it pass when he went over the line. I got mad so…” He looked at her and dropped his eyes on the floor embarrassed about the realization of what he just did. “I’m sorry; I didn’t know it would upset you.” He mumbled.

Lisa sighed and turned to the other guy.

“Bambam?” She turned to her friend and then V held back her hand claiming territory.

“So that’s how it’s going to be right, Lisa? You’re forgetting me because you already got him, is that right?” Bambam said.

“AISH THIS PUNK!” V said furious about how Bambam constructed his sentence as if there’s something between him and Lisa.

Lisa raised her arm to stop V from attacking. She was suddenly aware of all the people in the café. This wasn’t the Bambam she made friends with. Yes he could be unreasonable, but she also thought that he was caring and kind. He wasn’t this rude before. Somehow it’s like he has turned into another person.

“You and I both know that what we have was just friendship. I don’t know what you’re doing and why, but I’m sure that I no longer want to be friends with you. I never thought you can actually be this rotten.” She said while Bambam couldn’t even look at her in the eye. “Really Bambam, I thought you’re a better person than this.”

“Let’s go Taehyungah…”

Bambam watched as Lisa and V exit through the door. He asked himself if it was really worth it…to lose a friend over some ridiculous childish things.

 

 

 

 

 

Back at the taekwondo center, Jungkook and Eunseo faced each other for their match. Their instructor paired them together based on the information they wrote upon enrollment.

“Please don’t go easy on me just because I’m a girl.” Seo cheerfully asked Jungkook.

“Do you think I’m a gentleman?” Jungkook smirked and pushed back his hair from his forehead.

“Okay, then. May the best player win!” She said politely.

 

“Ms. Amber, why did you pair them up when Jungkookshi’s heavier than Eunseoshi. I can obviously tell who’s going to win.” Sungjae whispered to the instructor worried about Eunseo.

“Don’t worry; even though Jungkookshi’s heavy, their skills are surprisingly equal.” She said assessing the two.

“What?”

“Both players are red belters. I can tell from the stretching earlier and their balance is really good. Their control is on the best timing, and they can reach the high kicks without any difficulty. There’s no way they’re both beginners. I’m just really curious how their match would end when one’s strength is his power and the other is her flexibility…” Ms. Amber explained then she stood in between the players.

 

 

 

She pointed her hands on the starting marks and turned to the Blue player – Jungkook, then to Red Player – Seo. Both of them bowed to each other first and moved to their positions.

Jungkook and Seo couldn’t wait for it to start that they’re looking at each other like life-long opponents about to meet for the first time.

“Chumbi….Sijak!!”

 

Jungkook started to attack first and went in for a sidekick but he underestimated his opponent who gave him a flawless hook kick. It went on and on and Jungkook’s technique wasn’t good enough for Eunseo. It’s as if she can predict his next moves.

The match ended quick in favor of Eunseo.

She extended her hand and Jungkook reached for it. He was pissed off and dragged her down by giving her a leg lock. Eunseo also managed to pin him down but she groaned in pain when he tightened his hold on her leg.

“STOP IT YOU TWO THIS IS TAEKWONDO CLASS NOT JIU JITSU!”

“Pull them away! GUARDS! WHERE ARE THE GUARDS!”

Ms. Amber and the other students got worried and pulled the two away from each other. The two of them got scolded for lacking discipline while having a match and for almost hurting each other in the process. They were punished by exile and by cleaning the lockers.

Jungkook was stomping his foot in silence when Eunseo burst out laughing. He turned to her and he balled his fists in frustration. There wasn’t any girl who angered him this way like Son Eunseo.

“You should’ve seen your face when you lost earlier. It’s too priceless!”

Jungkook bent his head forward and closed his eyes. What’s with this girl and why does she always push his buttons?

“Hey Eunseo…let’s call it even and not get into each other’s way again.” He suggested.

“Huh?”

“I’m saying, we’re both done with each other’s favors so let’s call it quits. You stay peep-squeak about my dying bad habit, and I’ll never tell Hobi you beat me up in Taekwondo class. So, what do you say?”

“Hmm…I’m not sure though. I don’t think Oppa will get mad at me for beating you. I think, between the two of us, he’ll favor me more than you.” She grinned innocently.

Jungkook smirked. “Fine. But, do you really think he’ll favor you more?”

“Of course. I’m his cousin.”

“After he finds out you scratched one of his toys?”

Eunseo gave a long gasp.

“I saw you opening one of his glass cabinets. You took one bear brick and you accidentally scraped the paint job.” Jungkook said in a smug face.

“I bet he’ll curse you more when he finds out it’s really you who has a bad habit.”

“Don’t you know that the toy you destroyed was the most valuable? Not only that, but it’s also a limited edition.”

“I’M NOT BACKING OUT ON THIS!” Seo said standing up.

“WELL NEITHER WILL I!” Jungkook also stood up facing her.

They were glowering at each other for a few seconds when Jungkook’s gaze drop down to her robes.

“A- robes!” He pointed and turned around covering his eyes.

Seo looked down and felt embarrassed when she discovered that her upper robes were undone. Although she had an under shirt, her bra can be seen because of the thin clothing. She turned around quickly and did her belt tightly. She looked back at him and coughed to get his attention.

“I think I’m going first. I’ll see you at home.” She said and bowed at him unconsciously. She frowned when she asked herself why she did that.

Jungkook knotted his brows at the act. “I really think there’s something wrong with her.” He cringed and shook his head when he remembered what he saw.

 

 

 

 

 

Rapmon and Suga were eating their lunch at Raven's that day. Suga was sharing his problems to Rapmon about Hana. He was contemplating on whether or not he’ll go and see her in Daegu, but he’s having second thoughts about it.

"It's been over a year you know. But what I don't really get is that why would she initiate the break-up? I-I still-"

"You told me before that it was also your fault that she broke up with you." Namjoon said sipping his iced machiato.

"Yeah, but..."

"You also told me that you acted cold to her on purpose because you didn't know how to handle that kind of relationship." Namjoon added.

"But I thought-"

"And remember when you also told me that having her as a girlfriend was too good to be true and that it's almost isn’t real that you’re scared of hurting her that’s why it’s better that way…”

“I know but-”

“Yoongi Hyung, you’re not stupid. But why are you being foolish now?” Namjoon remarked and his eyes drifted from Suga to Tzuyu who was staring at him.  The girl was startled in place when she locked eyes with him. She went back inside the kitchen and continued washing the dishes.

Suga rolled his music notes and used it to hit Namjoon’s head. “Ya, are you my friend or what?”

“I’m on your side here Hyung! But, what I would like to say was, wouldn’t you give it a chance when it was really – kind of, technically, - your fault? Aren’t you concerned about your ex at all?” He asked forcing his friend to admit the truth. It was the time Jennie came in and then she heard their conversation. She butted in and walked to the boys.

“Are you serious? Someone actually dated this guy!?” She said in disbelief.

“Oh, why is this happening?” Suga muttered to himself.

“OH MY GOSH, TELL ME!”

“I have to go. I’ll be late for class.” Namjoon said dusting off some crumbs of garlic bread on his mouth. After he compromised himself with his undeclared feelings for her, he decided that it’s best to avoid Jennie for now. What better way to move on right?

“Huh, but I just got here.” Jennie complained and followed the sight of Namjoon who was walking rather quickly to the door.

When Jen wasn’t looking anymore, Namjoon made gestures to Suga, and mouthed: Don’t tell her anything about my feelings for her! Just shut up and we’re even!

Jen turned back to Namjoon again and she saw him smile at her.

“Bye guys!” – Namjoon.

Jennie frowned and took Namjoon’s seat beside Suga. “What’s up with Namjoonie?”

“He’s having trouble confessing.” Suga said while reaching for his cup of coffee.

“Omo, who’s the girl?”

“Oh, you don’t know her. “ He said sipping from his cup. “But you know what? She’s annoying as you.”

Jennie hit his arm and his coffee almost spilled.

“HEY!”

Jennie shrugged and just smiled at him.

“Don’t think that just because we’re friends now it doesn’t mean that you can hit me.”

But Jennie hits him again.

Suga sighed and looked at her. “Do you want me to keep my love life to myself?”

“Nope.”

“Then stop hitting me.”

“Okay.” She hits him again. Then Suga glared at her.

Jennie placed her elbows on the counter and her hands to her face as she anticipates for him to tell her love stories. “So, tell me what happened?”

Suga sighed again.

“I kind of…I made her break up with me.”

 

 

 

 

 

Jisoo arrived on the Film department’s auditorium looking for her brother when she saw Hobi joining some dancers on the front stage. She instantly remembered what happened last night, and to be completely honest, she didn’t get enough sleep thinking about it. Was he really serious about it, or was he playing a joke on her?

“Come on guys, this gloomy day needs a little bit of sunshine.”

Jisoo heard Hobi who looked like he just arrived for dance rehearsals. She almost forgot that he’s the president of the University’s dance crew. He earned it when he led the team to win the championship on his first year. She shook her head when the memory of the past kept pushing in her brain.

She was going to the door when the song Cold Water started playing. Her head snapped back towards the stage only to be reminded why she admired the guy in the first place. She thought that Hobi and dancing was a match made in heaven. For her, it was the most beautiful piece that ever existed in the whole world because watching Jung Hoseok dance was like watching her world go in harmony.

She was back to being 17 again and she found herself in awe. She can feel her eyes water but her view was blocked when Jinyoung appeared in front of her with a bouquet of flowers.

“Hi there!”

“Jinyoungie?” Her eyes went to the flowers then back to his face.

“Oh, um, these are the props that I’m going to use later. Ha, did you think that I was going to give it to you? Tss.”

She smiled. This guy just knows what words to say.

“HYUNG!”

Their attention was caught by the chaos in the stage. Apparently, Hobi got distracted and he accidentally tripped on his foot.

“Are you okay Hyung?” One of the dancers asked.

Hobi couldn’t take his eyes of Jisoo and this extra guy. Whoever he is, he’s making things a lot of worse for him.

“Yeah. You don’t have to worry about me. What’s a little pain?” He scoffed and ignored the nagging ache - one on his ankle, and the other on his heart.

He stood up with the help of some friends never darting his eyes off of Jisoo.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

a/n

YOU GUYS, I WILL FINALLY SEE BTS!

They're coming next month for The Wings Tour in Manila and I'm soooooo excited! It took a lot for me and my best friend to get our desired tickets because it was really a competition for WILL POWER.It was literally the hunger games and it was our first time to experience this and I never thought we would really go that far as a fan, but we did. We almost give up but we didn't. We were so happy to get a VIP standing ^_______^v

 

 

 

Anyway, here's the latest chapter and thank you for supporting BTS and Blackpink.

 

I'll be posting another story, but it's not going to be an alternative universe and it's going to be a collection of one shots. Just a heads up :)

 

Til next chapter!