Between Us

Love On Fire

Love On Fire


Chapter 15 Between Us

 

 

 


That Tuesday night, Lay and s gathered for chicken and nachos at some private restaurant in Gangnam. He picked some nacho chips and relaxed his back on the couch. His beloved comrades, Sehun and Bambam, were also present.
The door opened and it revealed another member.

“You’re late.” Sehun said.

“I’m always late.” Taeyong replied. Lee Taeyong studies from another school in Seoul. Aside from being an elite member, he’s also a skilled photographer and graphic designer. He’s the one responsible for taking pictures of BTS.

Then Jinyoung came in and completed the attendance.

“Kim Mingyu is out!” Jinyoung announced the good news and dropped the envelope of suspension on the coffee table. “He’ll be prompted to see the Dean tomorrow.”

Lay smirked and looked at Jinyoung. “Good. We have to pull out the weeds that aren’t giving much help.”

Jinyoung and Bambam bumped their knuckles as Jinyoung slouched on his seat.

Lay gathered his team to talk about the nearing date when they’ll ruin BTS. At first he never really gives one damn about the group but he never really liked someone taking the spotlight. Especially with a small group like BTS.

Fraternities are a no-no in their University and ever since Hoya’s betrayal; the University director banned every student from joining a frat. Even got some fraternities wiped out of the school. Some of those fraternities decided to drop out but as for The Circle, the remaining members just stayed anonymous.

“Like what I always say, everything has its best time. And this, this is our time. We’ll show the school who really owns it. And we’ll rule the school even stronger than before.”

The disgrace that happened to their fraternity five years ago was unforgettable. They became a laughing stock to other fraternities and at that time Lay was only a freshman. Their leader was Kris and he was close to him. He wanted to do this for him and for his pride. BTS will pale in comparison to them. Their influence will have no effect this time, and he’ll make sure of that. What would seven boys do against 20 of them? What a pity.

“Question Hyung, um, what about the girls?” Sehun asked curiously.

“What girls?”

“Um, their girlfriends. You know, Blackpink?”

Lay felt his vision cracked. He pinched his nose bridge and turned to Sehun.

“We’ll not get involved with Blackpink.”

“What why?” Taeyong exclaimed in frustration. “This wasn’t the original plan! They’re their weakness!”

“I know what I said. But we can’t deal with them especially that Jennie girl. We’ll stick with plan B.”

“Is this girl a mafia or what?” Taeyong wondered. Ever since he spied on one of those girls and showed some pictures of Jennie with some dude, Lay quickly back off.

“She’s a fiancée of one of the Black Alphas. Touch her, and its war. That guy she’s with on that picture, I know him. And as long as we don’t step on that line then we’re free from their clutches. Our only target is BTS, we don’t want to spark a dispute to other fraternities got it?” Lay glared at Taeyong who came back to his seat.

“But we can’t let this slide!”

“Listen to me; since frats are banned from this school, we’ve been on the low key. When Hoya betrayed The Circle for Black Alpha, their group banished along with their leader and out of this school. But that was five years ago. We don’t know if there are members of the Alphas studying in our school right now. So if we want the glory, we must stay anonymous until we get a hold of it.”

The group didn’t like the Alphas so much. They’re just so sly and arrogant.

“So take my word for it or we lose this chance.”

Taeyong finally nodded and relaxed on his seat. And then the door swung open again. This time, it was a girl.

“I’ve finally found a hole in BTS!” Nayeon announced excitedly.

Lay ignored her and answered his call. He looked at the caller id and it was his brother.

“I CAN’T MAKE MIMI SHUT UP!” His brother shouted at the receiver. His friends looked at him in wonder. He turned off the loud speaker and talked to his brother privately.

“Calm down Guan-lin. Did you make the milk?”Lay spoke in Chinese.

 

All eyes were on the door where Lay exited.

“That’s probably his brother.”

“I didn’t know he has a brother.” Bambam noted.

 

 

 

 

 

“You called me in the middle of the night just to check on your boyfriend?” Suga complained to Jennie. They were on their way to Gangnam to go to Wonwoo. Jennie waited for Mingyu at his class and the boy’s face paled at the sight of her. He was too nice to give some useful information.

“You’re doing this in exchange of Jimin’s favors. And he’s not my boyfriend.”

“Oh yeah, he’s your future husband. Yeah yeah, I get it.”

“Ugh, yuck. I hate it when you call it that.”

Suga just mocked her.

“Keep your eyes on the road slow toes!”

Suga rolled his eyes and drive. He looked up the sky and frowned. “No way! I think it’s going to rain again.”

Thunder began to shake the skies and the clouds are filling up as Jennie agreed with him. Times like these Jennie couldn’t help but remember the past.

It was exactly just like this night. It was rainy and she was frustrated...

 

                                                                                                                         

Jennie was at her usual Saturday hobby in New Zealand. She was at a shooting range trying to shoot her best at her target. Wonwoo was visiting her and she was kind of mad at him because when she visited him in his University, she saw him being friendly with a girl. This is totally not the reason why she showed up in this place. She likes to shoot. Especially now that she’s imagining that girl’s face as her target, it’s more exciting that way.

“You’re a bit stiff. Loosen up.” She was a bit stunned when she felt him assist her from the back. She felt her cheeks grow hot when she felt his body closer to her.

He was the one who introduced her to this sport. By the time they got used to each other she learned that he has a thing for guns and unplanned side trips.

“Here.” Wonwoo smirked when he noticed she got tensed. He assisted her by positioning her hands and arms at the right place. He chuckled when she struggled with their position. He held her waist firmly with one hand and whispered:

“Focus on your target.”

Jennie found herself obeying his words.

“Breathe…and pull.”

Jennie gasped when she releases the trigger. She smacked the gun down the counter and turned around to face him.

“You’re welcome.” He greeted in a smug face.

“You’re pathetic.” She rolled her eyes at him and pushed him out her way.

“Oh come on! Didn’t we talk about this in the wedding? What happened to being understanding and open-minded?”

“That was a different matter dickhead! You were cheating on me and we’re not even married yet.”

“I don’t even know that girl! I was just being kind to help her get to the clinic! Please believe me.” Wonwoo begged not knowing what to do.

“You can now call yourself a free man because I’m cancelling our engagement.”

Wonwoo calmed himself and reached for her arm. “Hey wait, if you’re really that upset then why don’t I make up for it.”

“I’m listening. Go on.” Jennie said raising her eyebrow. She didn’t really mean what she said about calling off the engagement. She was just teasing him and she wants to know his reaction. And so far, he does not disappoint.

“How about I take you on a trip? All expense paid. I’m thinking…Australia? You can shop there and I’ll be like…your personal assistant. You love animals too right? I can take you to a kangaroo zoo. Their babies are cute, you’ll love it.” Wonwoo really knows how to make a deal with her.

Hearing that, Jennie bit a smile and cleared . “Fine. We’re still engaged. Prepare your jet tomorrow.”

At the moment she turned, her ankle got weak and she slipped. Thankfully, he was quick to catch her.

“You know I love it when I see this weak side of you. It reminds me that I should protect you.”

“Well can you protect yourself from this?” She bumped her head on his, knocking him down the cold floor.

 

 

Jennie giggled to herself at the memory.

 

 

“Tch. Wake up Snow White you’re prince charming ain’t kissing you here!” Suga threw a kumamon toy at her bringing her back to her senses.

“What’s your deal Grumpy!” She retorted.

“We’re here.” He said nodding at the place where Wonwoo’s at.

 

 

 

 

Jin and Namjoon finished their grocery shopping that night when Namjoon decided to pick up his recent toy collection at a store in Gangnam.

Jin was checking out some Mario toy figurines by the other toy store from outside when he thought he heard a group of friends coming out from the restaurant downstairs. He leaned from the railings and his eyes widened when he realized it was Lay and that photographer guy he caught that day when he realized they have enemies at school.

Namjoon got out of the shop and called Jin.

“Hyung, I’m done. Let’s go!”

Jin grabbed his arm and they hurried downstairs to track Lay and his friends.

“What’s going on?” Namjoon asked catching his breath. He thought his muscles would wore off after sprinting so fast going downstairs.

“I think this is a confirmation.” Jin said pointing his fingers at Lay and his friend’s direction. They hid themselves at the far end corner.

“Woah, are they some kind of gang or something? Hey, isn’t that dude one of your actors? Look! And that girl is Tzuyu’s friend!”

“Damn. I knew something was off with that guy.” Jin remarked about Jinyoung and his eyes darted at Nayeon.

“What is she doing with them anyway?” Jin wondered.

“This group is twisted from the beginning.” Namjoon scoffed in disbelief.

They continue to spy on the group while keeping a good distance when they saw them coming their way.

“Quick hover over me!” Jin grabbed Namjoon and they positioned themselves like they were kissing.

“Tch. Kids these days.” Jin heard a tall guy from the group commented when they passed by them.

“You think they’re up to something?” Jin asked Namjoon when they recovered.

“Yeah they’re up to no good. And I think trouble’s coming up ahead our way.” Namjoon said picking up a receipt paper that one of Lay’s friend dropped. And on the back was a doodle of stick figures of BTS with an X mark on their heads.

 

 

 

 

 

Jennie entered the club and smirked when she remembered the time Wonwoo was the one who does this for her. Funny how time changes things. She found him drinking by the counter top with that scowl on his face. But no matter what he does, it wouldn’t change the fact that he’s handsome. And Jennie couldn’t argue with that.

Mingyu saw Jennie walking towards their direction and he hustled away from the counter and on to the kitchen. Wonwoo followed his sight but paid more attention on his drink.

She sat beside him and snatched the glass of scotch from his hand before he can even drink it.

“Mm. Good stuff you got there.” She said lying about the drink. She never really liked hard liquors.
Wonwoo’s scowl became prudent. He took the glass back and looked for Mingyu.

“What? So you’re ignoring me now” Jennie asks leaning in.

“Jen I’m not in the mood.” He responded not even throwing her a glance.

Jennie got off from her seat and moved around the other side so she can get a better look at him.

“Is there something wrong?”

Wonwoo remained silent. He reached for the bottle of scotch from the other side of the counter himself because his bartender disappeared.

“Why are you here Jennie? What do you want?” He asked coldly.

“I…”

I wanted to see you. Jennie thought.

“I just happen to pass by and thought I could use a drink or two. You know…old habits die hard.” She lied.

“Tch. You don’t really like bars. After that night in Australia, you never stepped your foot in bars or clubs ever again.” He smirked and her heart fluttered. “I know you too well so drop the pretense.”

“I even know when you’re lying or when you’re telling the truth.” He told her meeting her eyes. “So what is it now Jen-jen? You need a ride; you need someone to pose as your brother, perhaps another favor to your dean or a personal assistant? Name it! I’m ing yours anyway.” He blurted as he took another shot.

Jennie felt her chest heaved with emotion at his outburst. Has Wonwoo finally come to hate her?
She decided to run away from the truth instead.

“Fine. I guess you’re really not in the mood.” She snapped and turned away but Wonwoo got to her even before she can pass by his seat.

“Just tell me what you came for! I knew you want something from me so what is it?” He said holding on to her. The alcohol was slowly kicking in.

“Is that what you really think of me? As someone you owe favors? I must have been a real pain in the huh?”

“It’s not that-”

Wonwoo’s answer was cut off when he saw Suga entered the place.

 

“Oh good. You’re just in time, I was just leaving. Let’s go!” Jennie said making Suga felt awkward about the scene. He saw Wonwoo scowling at him and he thought smoke was about to come out off the guy’s nose if he did something unnecessary. What did Jennie do to this guy now?

“We’re not done talking. And she’s not coming with you.” Wonwoo spat bluntly clutching Jennie’s arm.

“Let go! I though you didn’t want to be bothered!” She retorted trying to get away from his hold.

“I actually came in just to tell you that I can’t drive you home because Hana’s coming over. I’m picking her up at the bus stop.” Suga sighed hiding his smile. This was the moment he’s waiting for – Jennie facing her feelings.

Payback’s a .

“Fine! I’ll take a cab then.” She grunted.

“No. I’m taking you home.” Wonwoo countered back.

“See yah fellas.” Suga smirked and took his exit.

 

 

Inside the car, silence engulfed the air as Wonwoo and Jennie ended up going home together.
Jennie’s eyes went to the gummy bear trinket that hanged on the car’s rearview mirror. She bought it back in Australia when they visited Brisbane. She bought it for Wonwoo as a souvenir.

“Whatever happened to your motorbike?” She started curious about Wonwoo’s other vehicle.

“It’s back home in New Zealand. Rusting.”

“Sometimes I like that one better than this.”

“You prefer the motorbike over my sports car?” He ask questioning her intention.

“M-hmm. At least when we’re riding that then situations like this would be less bearable.” She said sparing him a glance. Jennie’s heart beat faster when she noticed that he’s stopped over an outdoor cinema.

“What are we going to do here?”

“Let’s make the situation less bearable then.” He answered.

“What?” She exclaimed. She face in front and saw that My Sassy Girl was playing. Seeing that she’s practically trapped here within his space, then there’s no point in escaping. Her eyes went down on his hands to his fraternity ring and it just dawned to her how mysterious and dangerous her fiancé is. He can probably do anything to her and she’d just let it.

For the first time ever, Jennie Kim was afraid.

“What were you really doing in that bar? You didn’t just come there to see me right? There’s gotta be something?” He asked.

Jennie made a face and shook her head.

“Come on Jen, you always tell me everything…” He coaxed not wanting her to keep secrets from him.

“I…I really just…” She closed her eyes and decided to be angry with him. “I MISSED YOU OKAY? YOU WERE GONE FOR FIVE DAYS AND WHEN I CALLED YOU THAT NIGHT YOU WERE IN THAT BAR DOING GOD-KNOWS-WHAT TO GIRLS! DAMN YOU JEON WONWOO!” She exploded and got out of his car.
Jeon Wonwoo was taken aback of what just happened. He paused for a sec and he managed to stop her. He pinned her back to his car and stared at her.

“You missed me?”

“I’M NOT REPEATING WHAT I SAID.”

“Fine. My turn then.”

Jennie gulped when she saw that scowl on his face again.

“You know why I’m not returning your calls or your messages? Why I’m isolating myself in that bar?”

“W-why?”

“I hate Min Suga.”

“Huh?” Jennie was suddenly confused.

“Because I feel that he’s taking you away from me when you should only just look at me. You just don’t get it do you? I mean…AAAAGH FORGET IT! Let’s just get you home.” He hissed and went inside the car slamming the door.

Jennie was left dumbfounded in place. Is he jealous?

She decided to step inside the car to find out.

“Hey…are you…like jealous?” She muttered in a small voice.

“Damn. What do you think? You think I’m doing all of that just because I’m entitled as your fiancé? Even if I’m your fiancé and I don’t like you then I won’t do as much as shopping with you! And I hate shopping with you! You always take too long to decide! But hey because I’m so into you…too much that I think I’m even in love with you I-”

Jennie didn’t let him finish and she attacked his face with a big smooch. She did not let him react so she wrapped her arms around him to pull him closer.

Wonwoo thought his heart stopped when Jennie kissed him. He didn’t know how to respond until he saw her face and how she was kissing him. His arms reached her waist and he kissed her back.

“Let’s get married.” He said pulling away for a bit.

“But we’re already engaged,” she said amusedly, caressing his face.

“Yeah, but right now I’m the one asking you. Not our parents.” He reasoned out.

Jennie giggled at his answer.

“Okay. But for now, let’s keep this between us.”

“Fine. Whatever you say.” Wonwoo smiled and reached for her face to kiss her again.              

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

The next morning Lisa and Jisoo were walking their way to their classes talking about Lisa’s vacation with V.

“I’m glad you were able to relax and have fun. You deserve a break Lalisa, despite me wishing you keep your distance to your boyfriend but whatever makes you happy, I’ll support yah.” Jisoo remarked circling her arms on Lisa’s.

“Thanks Unnie. Really appreciate it,” Lisa said rather gloomy. “Believe me it was perfect. Up until my brothers showed up and ruined me and Taehyungie’s fairytale.”

“Oh my god,” Jisoo laughed. So that’s why Lisa arrived earlier than 5 days. Because instead, she was back in Seoul after three days. They weren’t able to talk much to their maknae because Lisa has been sleeping irregularly because of her jetlag. Lisa only functioned normally today.

“That’s weird. How’d they know you were there?”

“They didn’t. It just happened that they were business partners with Taehyungah.”

“Wow. I guess fate is trolling you.”

“Yeah I know. I guess my bad luck just follows me wherever I go.”

“I’m thanking your bad luck anyway,” Jisoo stated. She was actually worried things can go out of control with Taehyung and Lisa.

“You haven’t kissed him yet have you?” Jisoo asked eyeing her friend suspiciously, remembering what happened with Jimin and Rose.

Lisa ignored Jisoo’s question and looked down on her watch. “Oh, well…look at that I’m going to be late.”

“Goodbye Unnie see you at home!” That and she sprinted off.

Jisoo just shook her head and smirked.

 

 


Lisa sighed in relief when she got away from Jisoo’s accusations. Although Jisoo’s one of her best friends, it doesn’t feel right to kiss and tell, at least not yet. She knows her best friend and Jisoo’ll combust in flames if she learns the truth even when she’s expecting it.

She pulled out her phone and smiled when her wallpaper showed. It was a photo of her and V in the US. Looking at it made her miss him more.
 

While she was admiring her wallpaper, a message popped up coming from Taehyung.

It read: You looked really good with a hoodie.

Another message popped up.

Stop smiling to yourself. You look like an idiot.

A beautiful idiot that is. Kekeke~~                                   

 

Lisa turned to look for Taehyung. She texted back asking him where he is.

 

Not telling. Did you miss me?

 

She bit her lip and put her phone back inside her pocket. She decided to look for him instead.

She was going around the hallway on a lookout when she was grabbed inside a hollow space.

“You missed me right?” Taehyung said his arms tight around her shoulders.

Lisa smiled and hugged him back. She felt him kissed her temples. Because of her brothers’ unexpected visit to V’s farm at the US, her stay have been rendered short. Her brothers went there for business and it was actually her decision to go home without her boyfriend because she knew she’ll only be a distraction.

“Hey, have you grown mute?” V asked staring down at her. He bent a little to match her level.

“How are you my Lisa?” He said smiling widely at her.

Lisa responded by pinching his nose. She couldn’t get used to his handsome face being close to her like that. It’s just too good to be true that she’s dating someone like him.

“Aaargh!!!” Taehyung groaned.

“I’m fine thanks!” She giggled while Taehyung flinched in pain.

He had had it and brought her arms behind her, pinning her on the wall. He knows she can probably throw him over what with her skills in martial arts…but he didn’t mind. He hasn’t got much time left and he has to spend his remaining hours with Lisa if he can.

“You came back so soon. I wasn’t expecting you’d be here this early. I thought you’d be home on Sunday…” -Lisa.

“I told you, I hate missing you. It makes me iffy.” He shrugged with a cute gesture.

“How did my brothers treat you? Were they nice?”

“Tch. They were nice alright. Especially Minho.” He said sarcastically, shaking his head. He brought his face closer to her but she leaned away dodging his nose.

“I hope they didn’t give you much headache.” She said shifting back her gaze at him.
Taehyung was annoyed because he wanted to kiss her but she was being playful again.

“They didn’t. I understand them for acting like that. They’re your brothers..and if your my sister, I”ll want to protect you too.”

“Aw…my sweet elephant..” She chimed. “I’m glad you came here early. I missed you too.”

“Can I kiss you?” He asked cheekily, hoping she’d say yes.

 

 

Lisa closed her eyes as her answer.

Taehyung’s lips landed on hers gently but after a moment he was kissing her as if it’s the last time and his girlfriend didn’t seem to mind. For Lisa, if she can, she’ll probably kiss him all day. Especially now that he’s being extra sweet. She put her arms over his shoulder to reach him better.

His arm wrapped around her small waist while his other hand went to her neck. Ever since they kissed in their vineyard during that rainy afternoon, he couldn’t seem to get enough. He’s kissed some girls before, on dates and on some flings, but he never find the need to kiss someone badly. Not until his girlfriend came along.

In the middle of their kissing, Lisa opened her eyes and looked over her watch to see that she’s only got 3 minutes until her next class.

“I’m going to be late,” she gasps. Taehyung grunted in disapproval. His kisses traveled down her neck instead.

“No. Stay here…” He breathed against her neck.

Lisa didn’t know how to stop him, so she shifted their positions making him stand against the wall. She pulled his shirt so he’ll bent down as she kisses him.

“As much as I want to stay, I have to study.” She whispered.

Taehyung nodded. “Remember what I told you that night. You have to promise me you’ll trust me no matter what.”

“I promise.” She vowed giving him one last peck.

“Promise this won’t be the last either.” Taehyung said in a business like tone talking about their little rendezvous.

Lisa rolled her eyes. V saw this and he leaned his forehead on hers.

“Promise?”

“Promise.”

Taehyung cupped her face and kissed her again.

Then Lisa pushed his chest causing him to break the kiss.

Next thing he knew, she was running off to her next class like she was being chased by the authorities.
Taehyung smirked and followed her sight. He bit his lip at the thought that he would soon have to stay away.

Jimin was on his way to his class when he saw V. He saw his friend looking at Lisa and patted his shoulders.

“You can do this Tae. I’ll be here whenever you need someone to lean on.” Jimin assured his friend sounding like a troll.

Taehyung just shrugged Jimin’s hands off and frowned at him. “You’re lucky you’re not the one sacrificing.”

“Oppa!”

Jimin and Taehyung turned their heads when Rose called. She ran towards Jimin and bumped at his side.

Taehyung scowled at the both of them and bid them goodbye.

“Oh, Taehungshi’s back?” Rose noticed V’s mood and turned to Jimin.

“Yeah,” Jimin confirmed while looking out at his friend who was walking away with his head down.

“Did you guys fight?” She asked worried. Rose knows BTS’ bond is more than just friends. Because like her relationship with her friends, BTS’s friendship goes far as brothers. So it’s pretty obvious when something is wrong.

“It’s not that,” he chuckled. “Don’t worry about Taehyungie. He’s just not feeling well today.” Jimin said rubbing his nose.

Maybe he doesn’t want to talk about it. She knows he was lying.

“Hmmm. I see.” She drifted her eyes away and paced forward. The thing is her parents are coming over and she’s already told them about Jimin. They were curious about him so now they wanted to meet him. Rose just doesn’t know how he’ll respond. Knowing her boyfriend, this thing is going to be a problem.

Jimin caught up with her and playfully points her nose. Rose made a face and avoided his quirky gestures which he only laughed at.

“Jiminah,” she called his name clearly.

 “Woah. What’s with the tone?” Jimin stopped laughing but went on with his teasing. His arm is now on her shoulder while his finger poked her cheeks.

“Are you free this afternoon?” She asked clutching his hands to stop him.

“This afternoon… lemme see. Yep. I’m free. Why? Are you treating me lunch?” He joked. He never let her pay whenever they go on dates. Except maybe on his birthday, but he’s always been a gentleman even if he acts like a child often times.

“Okay…yeah. I am treating you alright. Promise me you’ll go.”

“Yeah, I’ll go. What is it? Why are you making me nervous Chaengie?” He said anxious about the face she was making. She’s being amusingly weird again making those chubby cheeks chubbier.


“Well…” She just grinned and then looked at Jimin.


“What is it?”

“My parents wanted to meet you. They were the ones who invited you for lunch.”

“H-huh, y-your parents?” He muttered in almost a whisper.

“I guess I’ll see you later then. Bye, love yah!” She kissed him on the cheek and fled off.

 “H-her parents…” He thought he’ll piss his pants on the spot.

 

 

 

 

 

 

Meanwhile Jungkook brought Jungyeon at Hobi’s place so they can prepare and focus well on his upcoming finals.

“Sorry Jungyeonie, we don’t have food so~” Upon entering the kitchen he found Eunseo cooking chicken. And it smelled so good Jungkook felt he’d drool anytime.

“Oh, your Hobishi’s cousin right?” Jungyeon said cheerfully when she saw her.


“Yes, that’s me.”
Jungyeon moved to her side and looked at her chicken. “Wow, you’re good! If ever you need a job, you’re always welcome at Raven’s.”

Seo’s gaze shifted to Jungkook who stared back at her. Seo was the one to break away from the eye contact and turned back to her cooking. He’s turned a bit weird towards her since she told him about her story.

 “So, where should we study?” Jungyeon beamed at Jungkook.

“Living room looks good.” Jungkook replied shortly.

“Okay!” Jungyeon veered and went to the living room.

Seo was relieved when she heard them go to the living room but she fidgeted when she heard Jungkook’s voice over her shoulder.

“Need some help?”

“Um, no it’s okay. I got it. Don’t mind me.” She smiled and turned off the stove. “I didn’t know you guys are coming. I only cooked for three.”
 

Jungkook look over the table that has gimbap and gamjatang ready.

 

“Three? You’re having guests over?”

“Hobi oppa and Jisoo Unnie are coming. Hobi oppa was the one who told me to prepare food. So…”

“Oh…um-”

“You should go in. You’re guest might get bored if you stay here with me.” She said ignoring the palpitations on her chest. Jungkook is no good for her. Seo thinks that he’s only concerned because of what she said that rainy night. Because besides that what other more reason is there?

“Go…shooo!” She laughed assuring him that she’ll be fine. She thought she’ll ran out of breath when he smiled back at her.

“Tss. Don’t burn the kitchen then.” He replied and went to the living room.

Seo sighed in relief and leaned on the counter. “Calm down. You’re just my heart not my head.” She muttered while her palm was on her chest calming her heart.

 

 

 

 

 

At the library, Jennie found her friends studying with their books on hand. She pulled the chair beside Rose and sat quietly.

“Hey girls,” Jennie greeted casually.

“Hey! – Rose.

“Sup.” – Lisa.

“What time did you get home last night again?” Jisoo asked just as Jennie settled down.

“Er…I think 2am?....ish?” Jennie said passively. “So, Lisa…you’re alive! I’ve missed you!” She blurted and they hugged on both sides of the table.

“Yas girl!”  

“SHHHHHHHHHHH!” – Librarian.

They all bowed at the librarian apologetically.

“How was your trip? And I thought you were going to stay there in 5 days? Wait, you went home alone right? Why don’t I see that Taehyung boy?”

“Unnie, it’s okay. It’s my brothers.”

“Ha-ha. I love this story.” Rose teased.

“Her luck is just amazing.” Jisoo snorted. “Her brothers followed her in America.”

“No way,” Jennie giggled.

After catching up with Lisa, the girls finally quiet down to study. And while everyone is concentrating on their lecture notes, Jennie’s mind was still wandering about last night. She smiled when she remembered how Wonwoo slipped about his feelings for her. He was so cute. She was unconsciously touching her lips when Lisa and Rose noticed her. Both of them were nodding at each other trying to communicate with their facial reactions. Lisa passed her phone inside a book to Rose.

When Rose got the phone, she recorded Jennie’s face. It didn’t take too long before Jennie caught Rose.

“Oh, you guys!” Jennie blurted while her face was turning red.

“Huh, why? What happened?” Jisoo gasped oblivious about the maknaes’ plot.

“Ask her. Maybe something interesting happened last night.” Lisa laughed.

“And maybe it’s about Wonwoo!” Rose added gleefully causing them another hiss from the librarian.

“Aigoo, Jennie Kim. Did you finally realize how much of a catch your fiancé is?” Jisoo remarked seeing the video Rose took.

Jennie was not so much fond of the topic that she changed the subject. “How about I treat you guys to lunch? Come on, I’m starving. Aren’t you guys starving?” She said packing her books.

“Nah, I’m having lunch with Hobi Oppa…so I’ll have to pass.” Jisoo said fixing her things.

“Huh, but-” – Jennie

“Same. My parents are visiting and they wanted to meet Jimin Oppa at lunch.” Rose seconded grabbing her stuff back at her back.

“And you Lisa?” Jennie asked hopefully.

“Er…I guess you can come eat with me and Taehyungie.” Lisa grinned hoping that Jennie would refuse.

“Ugh. Nevermind. I’ll just call Wonwooyah.”

“Eeeeeee!” The three girls teased.

 

The four of them exited the library together not caring about the students who are glancing and staring at them. When they reached the fountain in the middle of the campus, Wonwoo’s black car arrived. The guy pressed down his windows and Jennie’s friends squealed in favor of him.

“Afternoon ladies!” Wonwoo greeted peaking through his window.

“Go Unnie!”

“Be nice!”

“Just tie him already!”

“I can’t believe you guys,” Jennie said opening the car door. Lisa got her phone out and took a snap of the couple.

 

 

 

 

“Who was that?” Nayeon asked Tzuyu when they saw Jennie getting inside of a black Mercedes.

“That’s probably Wonwoo - her fiancé.” Tzuyu giggled. “Aigoo, Jennie Kim’s so lucky. Come, we still have to coordinate with the Politics Department.”

“I thought we already got them to say yes?”

“We did. But we still need their help in moving some props.”

“Oh, okay.”

They got to the department on time when they saw an anxious guy coming out of the dean’s office. Tzuyu frowned when she saw Yugyeom run after the guy.

“Hey, Mingyuyah!” – Yugyeom.

“Yugyeom!” Tzuyu called reaching for her friend’s arm. “What’s wrong?”

“It’s my friend. He suddenly got suspended.”

“Huh, well…those things happen.”

“Not in his case. Mingyu’s a top student in our class. Hey, you happen to know where Jungkook is.” He asked.

“I’m sorry. I don’t know. I’ll tell him in case I see him.”

“Okay. Thanks. I’m going then.” He nodded and ruffled her hair.

“Yeah. See you.” She said while she looks at him walking away.

“You like him don’t you.” Nayeon smirked.

“No I don’t!” Tzuyu said and walked inside the hall.

“Tch. She’s slowly behaving like those girls.”

 

 

 

 

 

“Would she talk to me if I ask her to play Overwatch with me? Just last night I saw her looking over my video games. Maybe she’s curious. That’s right! I could teach her how to play!” – Jungkook’s thoughts.

“Hey, are you even listening?” Jungyeon tugged at Jungkook when she saw him not paying attention.

“Huh-what?”

Jungyeon sighed. “What is it? Do you have something in mind that I need to know?”

“A-ahehe. No. Nothing. I’m just, I think I’m just hungry that’s all.”

“Ah. You should’ve eaten something earlier.” She said closing her notes. She looked at Jungkook and leaned her back on the couch. “Hey Jungkookah…do you like me?”

Jungkook was taken aback. It’s like a gun was pointed at him and it would fire if he answered wrong. “Y-yeah. I like you. I mean… we’re good right?” He said, his eyes going elsewhere.

“Why do you like me then?”

“Y-you’re a nice girl. And, you’re always helping me around. There’s no one like you Jungyeon.” He said matter-of-factly.

“Let’s date then.” She said bluntly.

“Er…” Jungkook was fazed. He can almost hear the gun clocking its bullet.

“AHAHAHAHA! You should’ve seen your face.” She laughed.

“A…ha-hahaha-ha…nice one Jungyeonie. I’ll just get us some water. Whew, I almost choked there.” He said scratching his head.

When Jungkook was out of sight, Jungyeon’s smile turned pained. Did she read him wrong?

 

 

Jungkook let out a breath of relief when he entered the kitchen. He saw the food that Seo prepared and bit his lip. He looked around and saw that she’s nowhere near hindsight. But after a few seconds, she appeared and jumped when she saw him.

“Oh my god. You startled me.” She said coming out from the restroom. She noticed that he was near the food she prepared. “You must be hungry. Here…I’ll get your chopsticks…”

“I’m home! Jungkookah, Seoyah! We’re here.”

They heard Hobi called.

Seo was reaching for the chopsticks when she lost her balance. Jungkook was on his reflexes and caught her before she could fall on the ground. But, he also lost his focus when her scent filled his senses and they both landed on the concrete floor. Damn, he should get his nose checked. He was trying to move his arm when he realized it was around her waist.

When both of them found each other’s eyes, their faces turned beet red. They got up quickly in time for Hobi and Jisoo’s arrival.

“Oh, awesome! You really cooked Seoyah!” Hobi praised motioning Jisoo to where the Gamjatang is. “Hey Jungkook, did you help her out?”

“Ah…n-no…she did all of this on her own.” He answered accordingly and excused himself.

“Wah, daebak!” Jisoo gave her two thumbs up. She went over Seo’s side and put her arm around her. “Are you sure you don’t want to live with us? Do you like music because we have really good equipment back at my house?” She bribed. “Hey, aren’t you a little red?” She commented noticing Seo’s flushed expression. Hobi grabbed Jisoo’s hand and took her away from her cousin.

“Kim Jisoo, leave my cousin alone. She’s not moving out of this house.”

 

 

“Oh, hey you’re back.” Jungyeon smiled. “You didn’t bring any water…”

“Oh…yeah. Wait a sec.”

Jungkook brought her a glass of water and invited her to eat lunch in their kitchen.

 

 

 

It’s past 12 noon and Rose was worried that Jimin might not come. Her parents were starting to get bored and she ordered food so they won’t get impatient.

She was about to call him when she saw him across the street. She sighed and watched him cross the street towards her. She saw how he was dressed and she realized that he must’ve prepared for this.

“Let me guess…you went home to change?”

Jimin shrugged and tugged the hem of his jacket. He dressed semi-casual just for this. “I had to make a good impression. What do you think? Handsome?” He winked.

“Disgusting,” she joked. “Come on, they’re waiting.”

Jimin gulped and hesitated. Rose looked back at him and she tangled her hand on his. “It’s going to be fine trust me. My parents are nice. They don’t bite.”

He smiled and went with her.

 

 

 

 

Jennie and Wonwoo decided to eat lunch at the same restaurant where Lisa and Taehyung were eating. She didn’t bother going up to the weird couple’s table because she knows how much they wanted to be alone. And admittedly, she wanted to talk to Wonwoo alone too.

When their food arrived they ate and talked about their plans for the month. Apparently, Wonwoo wasn’t going anywhere for the meantime so they’ll have a lot of time to…date. Until now, she still couldn’t believe that they’ll end up like this.

“Why are you staring at me with that look? Ha, look all you want…I’m yours anyway…hahaha” He mimicked his words last night. Jennie bit back a smile and threw him a paper towel. “You’re so lame.”

“You’re marrying a lame guy then.” He snorted. If there’s something that changed in their relationship after last night, it’s the confirmation of their feelings for each other. Apart from that, there’s nothing.

Really, there’s no point in arguing with her guy.

She saw him get a deukbokki and he blew on it. He then offered it to her.

“Are you serious?” She glowered in disbelief.

“Eat!”

“Aish.” She opened and ate the deukbokki.

She saw him hide his smile and she thought he just went from 100 to 1000. She tilted her head and decided to play tricks on him. When he found her eyes, she winked at him.

What came after was a shocker to her. He was going over the table to kiss her! It was totally not what she was expecting.

“Hey Jeon Wonwoo cut it out!” She shrieked and pushed his chest. This guy was beyond unreasonable.

“What?” He asked still on the guard. “If you want to play tricks, better do it in private honey.”

She glared at him. He’s really something.

So annoying and hot at the same time.

Cute, funny and y too.

They were both eating their food deliciously when her attention was caught by his ring.

That silver band that made her Wonwoo mysterious even to her.

“Hey…don’t get mad but…your frat…are you still with them?” She saw Wonwoo stiffened at her question.

“Yeah. Why do you ask?”

“Nothing,” she replied without thinking. “Hey, do you have plans for tonight?”

“Um…no.”

“Great. You can come with me then!”

“Where to?”

“A friend’s house.”

Wonwoo nodded not having a single clue that where they’re going tonight may get his fraternity involved.

 

 

 

 


a/n

I'm soooooooo into Blackpink nowadays. I mean they're all over my ig feed. Everyday the girls just get prettier and prettier and more gorgeous and oh my god their variety skillz! HoLy craaabs! And Jimin's black hair is back. oh gosh, my bangs couldn't handle all this torture. Just take me Lord of kpop. Gosh.

Anyway, hope, yalls have a rockin weekend because nothing much happened to me. Yesterday, I practically wasted it by reading a lot of manga and that webtoon Lookism. It's funny you guys should read it haha. Daniel Park's alter ego was so hot he reminds me of Minhyuk and Kim Soo hyun's  face combined. Like if they would have a son, it's probably going to be that webtoon character.

 

So, have you guys met any frat guys in college? Well, I know some, and they were really nice. But honestly though, not as good looking as The Circle. haha.

 

Til next chap!