Big Deal

Love On Fire

Love On Fire

Chapter 8 Big Deal

 

 

Lisa couldn’t sleep that night because she was anxious about seeing Taehyung the next day. She has been staring at the closet for four hours until she saw the sun rise. She scared the hell out of Rose when her friend woke up to find her staring blankly at the cabinet.

“OHMYGOD LISA WHAT HAPPENED?” Chaeyoung held Lisa’s shoulders, worried about her condition. “Speak to me my friend!” Rose panicked and she widened Lisa’s eyes with her fingers.

“I’m. Going. Out.”

“What?”

“I’m…Going…Out…With…T-tae…”

“I don’t understand a word…”

“CHAEYOUNGAH! I HAVE A DATE TONIGHT!” Lisa yelled and gripped her friend’s wrist like she was a crazy person.

Rose gasped at this and she made a cute face. “Omo, with whom? Is it with Taehyung-shi? I’M SO HAPPY FOR YOU!” She exclaimed and hugged Lisa who was now in distress.

“I don’t have anything to wear.”

Rose sighed exasperatedly and looked at Lisa. “If that’s why you’re stressing out about, then I know who’s the best person to consult.”

 

 

All of the Blackpink members are in front of Lisa and Rose’s closet trying to look for something decent for her to wear to her date this evening.  After minutes of careful speculation, Jennie picked a lavender tank top and a black leather skirt for her outfit.

“Here. That’ll keep him speechless.” Jennie said rubbing her nose. She caught a cold last night because she wore thin and exposing clothes. “Achooo.”

“Are you sure you’re alright going to work Jendeukie? It’s a weekend after all; it wouldn’t hurt if you take a day off.” Jisoo suggested to her friend while she gives Jen a piece of paper towel.

“Um, yeah, this is just a cold. Achuu….nothing a medicine can’t handle.” She said dismissing them and going back to her room.

Jisoo’s eyes followed Jennie until she exits. As soon as she was gone, she turned to Lisa.

“Are you sure you’ve thought about this?” Jisoo asked the maknae who couldn’t look at her in the eye. Lisa kept poking both her index fingers together and muttered…

“Nope. I’m sorry, it was stupid of me.”

Jisoo sighed and crossed her arms.

“That’s what you get when you look into that alien’s eyes. I was the one who taught him that. The ungrateful jerk didn’t even thank me for giving him talent. Psh.” Jisoo recalled the time she taught V how to hypnotize people. She shook her head at the memory.

“This is all your fault Chaeyoungah!”

“What did I do?” – Rose.

“Nothing! Obviously, Aish, you girls are making me crazy!” – Jisoo.

Jisoo pushed Rose to the side and went to Lisa. “Good luck my young one.”

“Unniiiiiiiiiiiie, I’m actually nervous. He and I aren’t as awkward as this before! I actually feel comfortable around him when we met, but why do boys have to ruin everything? I couldn’t even look at him without blushing!”

“Awww…our Lisa shi is in lo-”

“That’s normal Lisa. Just think of this as one of the dates arranged by your father for you. I’m sure it’ll be over before you know it.” Jisoo cut off Rose and blocked her from Lisa’s view.

“Eeeee…but none of those dates turned out fine.”

“Good luck to Taehyung then.” Jisoo remarked and grinned at her before exiting their room. “Come Rose pasta! We’re going out today and it’s on you.”

 

 

 

 

Jungkook was walking to his Sunday extra class while memorizing lecture notes that day when Mingyu patted his shoulder and walked by his side.

“I see you’re getting serious with your studies eh…”

Jungkook’s smile was replaced by a frown when Mingyu came to him. He just ignored the guy and went on with his studies.

“About the other day, I’m sorry about that. It was just something I couldn’t let happening…people like me deserves justice too you know…”

Jungkook closed his notebook and decided to face him. “Why are you talking to me? So now you’re talking to the school’s ‘trash’ huh? Where’s the justice in that when you don’t even know who you’re judging? Next time, know the whole story first before making any assumptions. You’re one of the top students, correct? Why do I find that ironic?” He scoffed pertaining to what Mingyu called him the first time they met each other as he paced forward. Mingyu was about to give up that moment when he saw an opportunity in the form of Yugyeom.

 

“Jungkookah, you’re friends were ‘daebak’ last night! You think you can set me up with one of those girls?” Yugyeom asked which made JK laugh.

“You don’t stand a chance…all of them – if not taken – are mentally taken. Sorry, my hyungs called dibs first.”

“Honestly Jungkookah…how should I say this without getting awkward?”

“What? What is it?”

“Do you love Tzuyu?”

“Huh? You’re asking me…if I love that witch.” Jungkook’s face turned into disgust then he realized something. “Woah…woah, woah, wait…you like her?” He couldn’t believe someone would take a liking on that specie.

He watched Yugyeom’s face turned pale, then turned red and bright red. “I’m not saying that…it’s just…I’ve known her for…forever…and it’s weird she’s only asked for my name the other day…”

“So you do like her?”

“Why, do you think I don’t have a chance against you?” Yugyeom suddenly towered over Jungkook.

“HA! Don’t be ridiculous. You can have all the chances in the world…that is if I can get the engagement off.” He sighed and Yugi’s shoulders relaxed a little. “And, seriously? Tzuyu?” Jungkook still couldn’t believe it. He almost lose his face reacting to Yugi’s confession.

“Hey guys!” Mingyu chimed in being all smiles and happy. “Hey, what are you so serious about? I just saw you guys laughing?”

Jungkook looked at Yugyeom as if he’s saying: “I don’t give a with this one. Take care of him.” A “face-language” he picked up from Jennie, and he walked inside the class leaving the two by the door.

 

Jisoo and Rose went out that day to buy groceries and herbal medicines for Jennie. They were supposed to get picked up by Jin but the guy was busy working on his thesis because he’s a graduating student. So they decided to drive on their own to the market place.

They were debating on what meat to get when they met Yoongi and Hobi inside the grocery shopping for ramyun.

“Oh, Oppa!” Jisoo called and the guys abruptly smiled at them.

“EY! Good to see you girls. What’s up?” Hobi called while Suga raised his hand to give both the girls hi-fives.

“You know, we need food to survive. Plus Jendeukie’s sick.” Jisoo told them.

“She has a really bad immune system. She’s been running a cold since this morning.” Rose added.

“She’s sick?!? Well I didn’t know Ice queens get colds?” Min Yoongi stated. “Anyway, do you girls mind if I pay a visit?”

The girls shrugged and then Suga took off in a whiff.

“And now, I’m alone. Don’t believe the saying that bros come before hoes….well not that your friend is a hoe…” Hobi tried explaining but ended up hitting his own head.

“We get it, stop killing yourself.” Jisoo grabbed his wrist to stop him from hitting his head.

 

“Oh, I almost forgot. I have to see Oppa today. I promised him I’d turn up in his work place. So I guess I’ll see you at home Unnie. See you around Hobi oppa!” Rose waved at them cheerfully and then left.

“I believe you.”

“Pardon?”

“The saying…it isn’t true.” Jisoo agreed with Hobi’s last statement. She shook her head as she watched Rose dash out of the grocery store. If your friends like someone, chances are you’re suddenly the 2nd priority, you’re a candidate for the position of the third wheel.

“Anyway, what are you doing today besides baby sit the ice queen?” Hobi asked Jisoo, hoping he could hang out with her.

“Hmm…I actually just do the usual…I like talking to myself, but I could also entertain other things.”

“Like, for example?”

“You can teach me to dance?”

Hobi almost died on the spot. There’s one thing he knows he’s not good at. And that’s teaching Jisoo how to dance. They did it once in high school, and he almost lost all of his hair in frustration. It’s not that she’s not good. It’s just, he’s a bad teacher, and he’s quite the perfectionist.

“So, you up for it Teach?”

“Let’s do an easy one then…” He suggested, tapping his foot on the floor praying that she’ll agree with him. Knowing Jisoo, she can be weird when it comes to “ideas.” She can be very competitive too.

“Okay. I wanted to learn that move in Dope though…”

Hobi felt his face twitch.

“Lets…let’s do something that’s very much easier…how about…Red Velvet? Ice Cream Cake?”

“Hmm…”Jisoo hummed thinking of songs to her liking but Hobi stopped her by clapping his hands and pushing RV’s Ice Cream cake on her thoughts.

“YES! That’s it right? Let’s go with Ice Cream cake. I don’t mind if we’ll take the whole day for it. Come on Chichu!”

 

The two of them went back to Jisoo’s place where they found Wonwoo and Suga sitting on the couch. It was a hot day, but for some reason, it felt like it was below 0 degrees inside Jisoo’s living room.

“Woah, I knew you were here…but you’re here as well.” Jisoo pointed at both guys. “Where’s Jendeukie?”

Hobi sat between the two guys smiling at the both of them as if he can melt the ice with his shining personality.

“Hey guys! Morning J

“Jen-jen’s resting. She said she’ll be out in a few minutes and told us to wait for you.” – Wonwoo to Jisoo.

Suga stood up brusquely and went upstairs at Jen’s door.

“YAAAA, IS THIS THE RIGHT WAY TO TREAT YOUR GUESTS! SHOW SOME RESPECT WILL YOU!” –Suga.

“WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU? AACHOOOO~~~I TOLD YOU I’M SICK! GO AWAY! TAKE WONWOO WITH YOU! HHH-ACHOOOO~~ AND WHO THE HELL TOLD YOU TO COME HERE ANYWAY? YOU’RE SO STUPID” – Jen.

“WHO YOU CALLIN STUPID?”

“YOU OBVIOUSLY! !”

Wonwoo sighed. “Been there, done that.” He looked at his watched and rested his back on the couch. “Wake me up when everything’s back to normal again.” He said to Hobi.

Hobi and Jisoo watched Wonwoo close his eyes and looked at each other.

“So…shall we get started?” Jisoo asked Hobi who was forcing a smile at her.

“Of course.” He stood up and looked at Suga for some help, but the guy was busy slamming his fist on Jen’s door.

 

 

 

Speaking of dances, Rose was finally going to see Jimin in his work at a dance studio. On weekdays, he teaches kids the basics of contemporary dancing. She was outside the place when she remembered it was also in this same area that he saw him being hugged by a girl. She went upstairs to check out the studio and her timing was a good one.

She watches him from a distance as he gives the kids high fives and dismissed them. When the kids have gone he faced the mirror and played the music. She smiled as she watches him move with grace. She’s lucky to see him so passionate at something. And that made her admire him more. She didn’t really expect a lot from him the moment they started dating. She knew he was a simple guy – and thoughtful and caring. But seeing him in his comfort zone is a different feel. She had thought of filming him on her phone but she couldn’t do that right now because she’s afraid she might miss out something.

 

Jimin was dancing his heart out to the music. He was so focused on what he was doing that he didn’t know he was being watched. It was only then when the music stopped that he heard someone clapped.

“That was good. It was so good it’s almost annoying that you’re so talented.” Rose giggled. Jimin squinted his eyes on her and smirked. He reached for his water bottle and drinks up. He watches her walk towards him slowly like she was teasing him.

“Now I know why you’re small. God was probably thinking that because you got all the talents, making you short will balance it out.”

Jimin put down his bottle and wiped a towel on his face. “You know you just used ‘small’ and ‘short’ in two consecutive sentences?”

“But it’s true.” She laughed at him.

“You’re dead.” He glared at her that signaled her to make a run for it. They were running in circles around the studio when Jimin rolled his body on the floor randomly like he was a spy or something. He kept rolling and rolling and it made her stomach hurt of too much laughter. She was laughing so hard that it was difficult for her to run. She just gave up and propped herself on the wooden floor. Jimin’s laugh was echoing in the room as he came up behind and hug her.

“Eeeew sweat.” She complained jokingly. He more and rubbed his cheek on her cheek.

“AIGOO OPPPAAAAAA!”

He was holding onto her like a koala. He was laughing at her reactions while she tried to get him off of her.

 

“Don’t try to get away from me Chaeyi when I just got you.”

“Aigooo, I should’ve known what I was getting into before I decided to date you.” She fired back to make her heart calm down.

“What now, are you regretting that you’re dating me?” He asked playfully while keeping his cheek close to hers.

“Ummm…I’m thinking….”

Then Jimin started tickling her that made Rose squirmed in laughter. She fought and tickled him back. Because they were both happy being cute and playful with each other, they don’t see any other person but the two of them.

“Stop. Stooooop!” Jimin was tearing up getting tickled. “I give up, I give up! Noooo, not the neck!!!”

Sasha was hurt by the sight that she walked into. At first she didn’t believe the rumors that Jimin was now dating some girl because for her, no one is ever good for Jimin. But seeing it with her own eyes made her broken.

 

It was only until Jihyun – Jimin’s younger brother, showed up and called him. And unlike Sasha, the scene did not surprise him. It just made him smirk that his brother would take a long time before making it official.

“HYUNG!”

Once Rose and Jimin saw Jihyun, they kept the skinship into a minimal.

“Jihyunnie! What are you doing here?” Jimin asks hugging his brother. This time, he took a notice of Sasha who was awkwardly standing behind his brother.

“I heard the news that you got kicked out of your apartment. Taehyung called me the other day. Said you were staying at his place for good. Mom also heard that you changed courses to Architecture. Is that right?”

“Yeah, that’s right. So is that why you’re here? To check on me, wow I never thought you cared that much.”

“Actually, I only came here to check on you and Rose because Taehyung also told me-”

“That big mouthed -head.” – Jimin.

“Hey Jihyunnie.” Rose greeted Jihyun. “I’m sorry I didn’t get to say goodbye last time.” She was talking about Joohyuk’s wedding.

“Nah, it’s not your fault, it’s his.” He pointed at his brother. Jimin dragged his brother’s pointed finger down and patted Jihyun’s head.

“Why don’t we let bygones be bygones and just be happy that we’re all happy? And since you’re here, I’m treating us lunch!” Jimin suggested ignoring the girl behind his brother.

Unlike Jimin, Rose took notice of Sasha and initiated the conversation. “Hey…you’re Sasha right, you wanna come with us?”

“Rose?!” Jimin almost scolded her. Rose gave him a glare and Jimin muttered, “What are you doing?”

“YES! I’d love to come. I’ve never ate with Jimin oppa before!” Sasha excitedly responded.

“That’s great! I’m Rose by the way.” She introduced herself and bowed at her. Sasha thought Rose’s being polite was nice. Sasha was watching Jimin as his girlfriend was being good to her. She wonders how much Jimin likes this girl though.

“I’m Sasha. It’s nice to meet you!” She said pretending she was happy. And she linked her arm around Rose’s. “I think we’re gonna be great friends.

 

 

 

 

Jungkook thought his day was gonna be okay until Mingyu butted in on his agenda. He was looking suspiciously at the guy while he was drinking his milkshake at their usual place in Raven Knights. Jungyeon and Yugi were there with him busy writing essays while he was busy figuring out why Mingyu was with them.  

 “Hmmm…this essay is giving me headaches.” Yugyeom commented and asks for Jungyeon’s help.

“You’re right. I think I’m having a headache too Yugi. Because it’s so weird how someone who hated you wanted to hang out all of a sudden.” Jungkook said while sipping his drink. He was looking at Mingyu who was distracted on his seat.

Jungyeon hit the table with her hand and looked at the boys. “If the two of you are gonna fight, might as well do it outside my restaurant. Ya, Jungkook-shi, do you wanna do the honors?” She pointed at the door and glared at JK.

JK sighed and paid attention to his essays. “Sorry Noona. Ehem…”

They all managed to study peacefully. After Jungyeon scolded Jungkook, the boy thought it was wise to behave properly in front of her. She’s no Jennie Kim, but she’s like an older sister. And older sisters are scary.

After they were done with their essays, Jungyeon and Yugyeom wanted to see BlackPink’s studio upstairs so they all went together.

“I’ve always wanted to come here and see their studio. Lisa and Rose always invite me but I was really busy last week.” Jungyeon said excitedly as they were climbing upstairs.

“You are really busy. What have you been doing anyway?” Yugyeom asked his bestfriend.

“Well…it’s a surprise.” She grinned.

When they reached the second floor, Jungyeon knocked at the door before entering. Apparently, Lisa was inside taking her break from work.

“Hey Li-” Jungyeon was star-struck. Because as of the moment, Lisa looks so beautiful she can almost pass as a foreign princess.

“Lisa-shi! Wow, you look beautiful.” Jungkook commented without a thought. He looked to his left and saw Mingyu’s jaw was hanging.

“Unnie…you finally showed up! Hey guys, welcome to our humble abode.” She greeted and welcomed them inside.

“So this is where you guys practice and all…awesome place!” Yugyeom remarked and looked around the area.

“Who is she?” Mingyu asked Jungkook.

“None of your business.” Jungkook was about to ignore Mingyu when he caught Jungyeon eyeing him. He went back to answer him in an instant. “She’s Lisa Manobhan. Don’t ever think about touching her or else my V hyung will hurt you. Badly.” JK shook his head and went beside Lisa.

“This place is sick! Hey Lisa, do you mind if I visit here more often?”

“Yeah! You guys are welcome. Sometimes we hang out here and watch movies right JK?”

“Yep. Hey Lisa-shi, you’re going out tonight with V Hyung right?”

“SHHHHHH, don’t remind me. I’m still having second thoughts if I’m gonna go or not.”

“Oh…sorry. But don’t worry too much, he’ll come on time despite his emergency meeting.”

“Emergency meeting?”

“Ah…hehe, one sec?” Jungkook pulled out his phone and dialed a number. “Here.” He lends his phone to her and smiled evilly. Lisa was confused why he was suddenly giving her his phone.

“Hello?” Taehyung spoke. The phone was in loud speaker.

“Hello, Taehyung-shi?”

“L-lisa??? Why are you using Jungkook’s phone?”

“Where are you?”

“Er…um, S-singapore…”

“What do you mean you’re in Singapore?!?!”

Lisa was now aware of the people watching and listening to her that’s why she excused herself and went outside.

Yugyeom, Mingyu and Jungyeon’s eyes followed her as she exited through the door.

“Welcome to my life.” Jungkook sighed and dropped himself on the couch. “So, anyone up for movies?”

Yugyeom raised his hand.

 

 

 

8 hours ago…

Namjoon was packing his stuff for his flight to Singapore that day to attend a seminar on business and engineering. He was supposed to go with Wonwoo but the guy was too tired to go to another country when he just got home from Germany. He saw Jin came to him and threw him a Ryan plushie.

“Here, you’ll need it.” Jin yawned and went back to bed.

“Thanks Hyung. I’ll be back tonight.”

“Tss, it’s better if you don’t.” Jin muttered under his breath to which RM just laughed at.

 

RM was getting off the elevator when he saw V yawning at the lobby as if he was waiting for him. He frowned when he saw Taehyung smile at him.

“Did Jimin throw you out or something?” He said wondering why V was there.

“Good morning Hyung. Guess what? I’m going with you!!! Yaaay!” Taehyung said getting up and hugging Namjoon. Seconds later, he felt Taehyung’s body was getting heavier that he realized the guy has fallen asleep - on his shoulder.

“What the ?”

 

Inside the airplane to Singapore…

“I thought you and Lisa are going out later tonight?” RM asks V who’s head was on his shoulder.

“Yeah, we are. But my father called me and told me I have to make an appearance at Ritz-Carlton Hotel to represent him to close a deal. Our business is going so good, the sales are sky rocketing that he’s too busy to attend events like these.”

“So…you can’t make it tonight?”

“No. But I have to. I don’t want Lisa to be disappointed in me.”

“I think this crush of yours is getting way to deep my friend.” RM laughs and looks out the window.

“You think?”

“Aish, you and Jimin are always in sync. Why do you have to do the same things at the same time?”

“Tch…no we’re not. I’m not in love with Lisa.” Taehyung acted cool and scoffed.

“Aigoo. The only difference between you two is Jimin knew and you don’t.”

Taehyung didn’t know what to say. He just grinned and leaned his head back on the head rest to sleep.

“That’s right. Close your eyes denial king.” – RM.

V sighed and opened his eyes once again. “To tell you the truth, I’m scared Hyung. I’m so scared of my own feelings and I don’t even know why…

“Taehyungie…you don’t have to run away from your feelings…” – RM.

“I’m so confused…am I gay?” –V.

RM was prepared to give him some soundful advice but Taehyung always has to ruin the mood.

“Hahaha…I’m sorry. I’m gonna be serious now…Hyung…Hyung don’t sleep.”

“Tch. You’re gonna suffer from now on. How dare you make fun of me?”

“Hey, don’t start speaking in English now. Hyung, Hyung!”

 

After Taehyung’s phone call with Lisa, he headed back inside the hotel’s restaurant to eat lunch. His Namjoon Hyung couldn’t join him because his seminar just started and he has to wait for him for a while to hang out together. As he was eating his lunch, the guy from his meeting sat in front him.

“You mind if I join you Mr. Kim?”

“Oh, not at all. Do as you please Mr. King.”

“Oh, call me Minho. Now that we’re going to be partners, I think it’s alright if we drop the formalities.”

“That’s good. Okay then Minho Hyung.”

Minho laughs at the way V addressed him.

“You know I’ve always wanted to meet you. You’re father has always been very fond of you whenever he goes to these events. I’m glad you were able to come here to his behalf.”

“I’m glad as well. I’ve never seen so many wine enthusiasts together in one event. That alone was overwhelming. I gotta say, I was surprised.”

“I just wanna know Taehyung-shi…I’ve heard you aren’t a big fan of alcohol. Is it true?”

“Well…I drink occasionally. I don’t really like the taste of alcohol…sometimes even wine. I just love growing grapes and farming. But, if you insist, I’ll drink one glass for you.”

 

The two of them bonded over a glass of wine and they talked about different topics under the sun. If there’s anything V was good at, it was making people like him. And maybe that is why he’s drawn to Lisa so much. Because it seems like she’s the only person who makes him think before he speaks and for some reason, he liked that about her.

He and Minho were laughing together when a waitress passed by and Taehyung noticed that Minho looked intently on her legs.

“Ehem…I see you like legs…” Taehyung commented and followed Minho’s sight of direction. If you’ll ask him what his favorite part of a girl is…well, that’s a secret.

“H-huh?”

Taehyung pointed at the girl’s legs and smirked at him.

“Ah…oh, no don’t misunderstand. I-I’m not a perrvert.”

“They all say that.” Taehyung shook his head and recalls how Jin often denies that he isn’t a “byuntae” when in truth, he’s the biggest one out of the hyungs.

Minho shook his head. “Look here…do you see that?” Minho pointed at the ankle bracelet the girl was wearing.

“The accessory?”

“Yeah…I have a dongsaeng. My little sister loves wearing those. I remember getting it for her on her 18th birthday and she was so happy about it that she became obsessed with it.”

“Really, I have this friend who likes wearing those anklets too…in fact…I have a date with her this evening. Gosh…” He remembered and looks at his watch.

“Wow, you’re young, smart and you have a girlfriend!”

“No, no. She’s not my girlfriend, but after this date, I hope she becomes one.”

“Aiiigoo. You remind me of my younger days. I’m so jealous; you’ve got a lot of things ahead of you. Take it from me and enjoy life as you can. You’ll never know when everything starts getting serious and you’ll have no time for everything.”

“We all have our time. It just takes balance.” V shrugged and smiled at him. He does believe in multitasking.

“Right.” Minho agreed and watched him with amusement. And then his phone beeped and he was reminded again of his responsibilities.

“I would love to stay and chat, but I got other matters to attend to.”

Taehyung looked at his wrist watch as well and realized that he might be getting late tonight.

“I’m going to be late.” Taehyung’s eyes got bigger looking at the time.

“If you want that girl to be you girlfriend, I suggest you go back now if you want to impress her. It’s rude to keep a lady waiting…but in my experience, if you got the looks, why would you worry about one girl?” He remarked rather arrogantly and smiled when he said, “Unless of course…she’s special.”

Taehyung was quickly gathering up his things as he pulled out some cash from his wallet.

“It was nice having lunch with you Minho Hyung. I guess we’ll see each other again soon.” He said bowing to his Hyung and shaking his hands.

“Likewise, I hope to hear again from you Taehyungah.”

V smiled at him and went away first. He has to catch the earliest flight if he wants to get to Seoul on time. He dashed inside the seminar hall where RM was being photographed and snatched his hyung away from the press. It was sort of rude, but nothing could stop him now. He has to be back to Korea asap.

 

 

 

 

Sasha was distracted the whole time she was eating lunch with Jimin, Rose and Jihyun. Even though she hate to admit it, it was obvious that the guy she’s in love with is in love with someone else.

“Aigoo, hot hot hot!” Rose wailed when she accidentally touched the hot pot in the middle of the table. Jimin was quick to attend to her needs like he knew it was going to happen. He grabbed her hand and patted it gently.

“Tch, tch. The food’s not gonna run Chaeyi. Here…” He said and passed her the potato she was reaching for.

“Thanks.”

“Anytime.” Jimin nodded and helped himself with some kimchi.

They act so naturally like a couple that even Jihyun couldn’t say anything, even joke about the two of them.

The four of them talked mostly about school, and as much as Rose was trying her best to get Sasha in on the conversation, the girl was clueless as to why she agreed to have lunch with them in the first place. She shouldn’t have been here. But she wants to talk to Jimin alone and she’s patiently waiting for an opportunity.

When all of them were already outside the place, Rose excused herself and went back inside to use the bathroom. So the guys and Sasha were waiting for her when Sasha thought this was the opportunity she was waiting for.

“Jimin oppa…” She called to him and he waited for what it was that she has to say. Jihyun was utterly curious too.

“Um, can I talk to you…alone?”

Jimin looked at her then looked at Jihyun. “Yeah. Of course, what’s this about?” Jimin politely said and distanced himself away from his brother.

“I’m just going inside the candy store.” Jihyun said to Jimin leaving the two of them alone.

 

“What is it Sasha?” Jimin asked her when reached the railings by the edge of the street.

“I…I never thought it was possible. I knew you’re not a stranger to girls…but to actually date-” She scoffed at the thought and laughed at herself. “Why? Why do this now Oppa? Are you only dating her to get rid of me? Please tell me you don’t really love her! I p-promise I won’t follow you around. I promise to only love you from afar, just please tell me, please tell me this isn’t true!”

Jimin doesn’t know what to do about Sasha’s breakdown.

“Don’t do this here Sasha. Now, calm down.” He said trying to pat her on her back.

“Do you know how much I changed for you? Do you know that I starved just to fit into your ideal? WHAT DOES SHE HAVE THAT I DON’T AND I’ll TELL YOU THAT I CAN ALSO HAVE IT!” She sobbed in front of him as she kneeled on the floor.

“Sasha, please stop.”

“Do you know why I worked hard to get you to like me? You don’t know this but you actually saved me. You made me believe that I can actually be happy…but why are you breaking my heart right now?”

 

Rose was looking for the guys after she finished washing up when she found Jimin and Sasha by the railings. She frowned as she watches how Sasha must’ve adored Jimin by the way she was begging him.

Jimin got down on her level and looked at her in the eyes to apologize.

“I can’t say anything but I can’t love you the same way as you love me.” He wiped her tears away and held both her shoulders. “But you know what I think? You’re a beautiful person Sasha. You don’t have to change yourself just so you can impress anyone. You just have to love yourself first. You have to believe in yourself that you can be beautiful even without anyone’s judgments.”

Jimin helped her stand up as he smiled at her with concern. “I’m sorry that I became a jerk by ignoring you. I should have confronted you and faced you early on.”

Sasha’s sobs were quieting down. She was slowly realizing and facing the truth.

“Y-your girlfriend…do you really love her?” She asked, looking through her lashes.

Jimin’s smile reaches his eyes. Sasha was suddenly aware of how much Jimin’s face changes when it comes to Rose.

“You know why I don’t see the changes? Why suddenly all the girls that come to me doesn’t matter anymore?”

Sasha smirked, knowing where he’s getting at.

“Ever since I met her, it’s her.” Jimin said looking straight in her eyes. Sasha wiped a lone tear and nodded. Despite what happened, she did not regret anything about liking Park Jimin.

 

That afternoon, Jimin walked Rose back to their place. They walked in silence as they reached the Kim’s residence.

“And…this is you…” Jimin sighed as he looked up at the 2 storey house.

“Yes. Thanks for walking with me.”

“Boyfriend duties!” He said showing her a peace sign which made her smile.

“You want to come inside? I think Hobi-shi and Yoongi-shi are still inside.”

“Nah, its fine. As much as I want to, I have to take Hyunie back at the train station and send him off. I also kind of miss him.” He said talking about his brother who was waiting back at the 24 hour convenience store.

“Okay.” She said waiting for him to go.

“Okay.” He said waiting for her to go inside. “You go first.”

Rose made a pout and shook her head.

“Why? You’re going to miss me…eeh” He teased arching his eyebrows at her.

“Babo-ya…”

“Go! Go inside already so that I can be at peace!” He said pushing her backwards to the gate.

And then what she did next got Jimin in a shock.

His eyes were wide open when she grabbed him by his shirt and kissed him fully on the lips. It felt like it ended as soon as it started.

“I’m glad you’re mine. See you tomorrow!” She waved and finally went inside.

 

“I shouldn’t have let her went inside…” He unconsciously said to himself and hit his head at the realization. He felt his lip and smiled like an idiot kissing his fingers and sending finger hearts to the Kim’s house.

 

 

 

 

 

At Blackpink’s studio, Jungkook, Jungyeon, Mingyu and Yugyeom were talking about some weird University gossip while watching the movie Twenties starring Kim Woobin and Kim Haneul. The topic was opened because Jungyeon revealed that she will be attending college soon and Yugyeom was convincing her to enroll at Seoul International University.

“I’m not going to that school. Not in a million years.” Jungyeon answered bluntly.

“Why? Our school’s the best, right guys?” – Yugi.

“Yeah. We practically represent Korea.” – Jungkook.

“I agree.” – Mingyu.

“You’re school is one of the dirtiest Universities I know.”

“Dirty? We’re not dirty. Our amenities are clean!” Jungkook retorted.

“Not that you fool. I’m talking about bribery, scams, and insubordination.” She said rolling her eyes. Her point got Jungkook to shut up. He knew too well that she was right.

Mingyu kept his distance far away from Jungkook because he did not want to cause the boy trauma anytime soon.

“But, I’ll let you in on a secret…” Jungyeon started and she got the guys’ full attention to her. “I have a cousin…I won’t tell you his name. He’s in China now and he’s working there so you don’t probably know him. Anyway, my cousin used to study in your school and he’s part of the Circle.”

Mingyu thought the ramyun he was eating was going to get back up from his stomach to his mouth at the mention of the Circle.

“I thought that group was just a school myth. I didn’t know there was really a Circle.” Yugyeom said having the topic.

“Well, it’s not a myth and I can tell you my friend that the Circle existed. At least once upon my cousin’s time.”

“What about the Circle?” Jungkook asked curious about it as well.

“Now that I remember, the Circle reminded me so much of you.”

“Me?” – Jungkook.

“BTS.”

“How?” -Jungkook and Mingyu. Yugyeom was busy eating ramyun to say anything.

“They were an influential group. They used to own the school like they were some kind of Kings. My cousin was close to their leader…but someone in their own group betrayed them and it didn’t end well. After that, my cousin wasn’t the same anymore.”

“What happened…how about your cousin’s friends? Are they still around?” Mingyu asked.

“I don’t know. All I know is that your school is full of authority and manipulative people like Tzuyu and I don’t want any part of it.”

Mingyu was alarmed. What have he gotten himself into. He was lost in his thoughts when he saw Jungkook looking at him.

 

 

 

 

Lisa was dressed in her best outfit and she’s waiting for Taehyung at the place they agreed upon. She’s actually giddy and excited about meeting him that she’s thinking of them as a couple.

“WHAT? No! Why am I thinking that?” She asked herself. She was comfortably sitting by the window watching the rain and waiting for Taehyung.

“Where are you Taehyung-shi? Come here already…”

 

 

It was 9pm and Taehyung was inside RM’s sedan stuck at traffic. He was worried that she’ll be upset about him being late. So he fixed his stuff and turned to RM.

“I’m going first.”

“Are you crazy? It’s pouring outside!”

“I’m 2 hours late! I have to go.”

 

 

 

Lisa was still positive that Taehyung wasn’t going to bail on her despite the time. She understood that he has responsibilities and that wasn’t new to her. Her brothers were like that whenever they promised to go and hang out with her.

She heaved a long sigh as she watched the people come out the coffee shop. She glanced at the wall clock and found that its quarter to 10 and right now, she’s not that comfortable to be in that place as much as she was when she got there. After a few minutes, a guy went to sit in front of her and talked to her.

“You still think he’s going to make it?” He said startling her.

“Huh?”

“Whoever that is your waiting for…you think he’s ever going to show up?”

“Who are you?”

“My friends call me BamBam.” He said all friendly and smiley at her. He offered her his hand to shake and she accepted it.

“I could use a company. But I’m not going to tell you who I am.”

“Fair enough.” He nodded and admired her cleverness. “So, this guy...is he your boyfriend?”

“I don’t know maybe.” Lisa said passively. She doesn’t care if Taehyung will show up or not. Somehow, the rain is making her feel empty.

“You don’t know?”

“Yeah…”

“You’re a bit of an air head aren’t you?”

“I guess I am. I wouldn’t have agreed to come here if I’m not, aren’t I?”

Bambam drank a glass of water in frustration in talking to her.

“You are a challenge.”

Then Lisa finally looked at him in the eye and gritted her teeth. “You boys are all the same. You go for girls that challenge you and then if you got them what will you do? Leave like it’s not a big deal? Well guess what, I’m the biggest challenge out of all of them and you have got to be a god to be with a goddess like me!” Lisa stood up and hastily got her bag leaving Bambam speechless.

She was going out through the door when Taehyung entered the room soaked from the rain. Bambam watched the scene and realized his task ends here.

“Hi, sorry I’m late.” He said wiping his face to see her clearly not minding his appearance.

Lisa didn’t know how to react. It has stopped raining, but Taehyung could get sick from what he was doing. She dragged him out of the place and dried him off at some grooming salon nearby.

Both of them ended up eating street food along Myungdong.

 “Ehem…sorry I was late…”

“Yeah, you told me that already.” She said looking at the ground.

“Are you wearing make-up?” He said poking her cheek. She turned away from him at his actions and sneered.

“So, how was your day?” He asked totally insensitive.

“It’s obviously fine!”

Taehyung panicked when she walks away from the stall where they’re eating at. He followed her closely and matched her pace.

“Lisa, wait…wait.” He caught her hand and got her to face him. “I didn’t expect this day would turn out this way too, but please understand that I didn’t mean for all of this to happen. I tried to make it on time, I swear. I even gone through the rain for you…just, please don’t leave. I want to make this work…”

“You don’t get it…”She tried wriggling her hand from him but he was holding her hand too tight to even think letting go was possible. “This is what I’m scared of…” She was getting emotional just talking to him and she could feel her eyes starting to water.

“I’m scared that I’m starting to care for you in a way that I don’t care about you hurting me. I tried so much to hate you…I wanted to hate you.”

“You’re not making any sense.” Taehyung said worried about her. “Is this still about me being late?”

“You stupid alien.” She laughed while her tears are slowly falling through her face. “This won’t work Taehyungah. Our timing’s off and everything’s a mess. I’m a mess.”

“What are you saying?”

“Taehyungah…let’s just be friends. You don’t really think you can love me right?”She asked him looking in his eyes.

“You’re such a stubborn girl! How many times do you have to push me away to prove to you that I can and I will love you? Aren’t my efforts enough?” He said cupping her face.

“You’re scaring me again…” She whispered frozen by the way he was holding her. Taehyung got to his senses and let go of her face. He turned shy once he realized this.

“If you still aren’t convinced, then I’m giving you what you want. I’ll let go of this hand…but if I caught it again, you won’t have the right and will to object. You will be mine, end of discussion.” He spat and let go of her hand.

Taehyung glanced at her one last time before walking away.

“Taehyungah…I’m sorry.” She spoke and turned the other way. Taehyung stopped and looked over his shoulder to see her walking away. He felt his heart was being torn to pieces as he watched her. He wanted so bad to go to her and hug her, but he has to control himself and give her some time.

“I’ll see you soon my Lisa.”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

a/n

Ah, the maknae line's arc is almost done and that's when I'll start focusing on the hyungs which deals with more heavy drama...haha kidding. I'm not good with drama though. Speaking of drama, I hope this chapter didn't give you the feels. I was writing this one with smyang's version of spring day hahaha it was soooo beautiful I got so inspired to write the drama scenes. Anyway, you can check out his covers here: https://www.youtube.com/user/Fogotish

And if you want more of Jirose and Taelice, here is a compilation of oneshots: http://www.asianfanfics.com/story/view/1201582/lof-love-on-fire-one-shots-fluff-rose-jimin-bts-seventeen-lisa-blackpink

'Til next chapter!