Breaking

Love On Fire

Love On Fire

Chapter 20

Breaking

 

“Hey this is Tae, leave a message after PF♤☆%@^igxjfslufsgxf”

 

Lisa stared at her phone and slump her back on her seat. She was pursing her lips in too much frustration about her boyfriend who suddenly turned cold as the winter. She thought she even saw him at the fashion show that night but now she’s having doubts about it. Moreover, if that Joker dude turned out to be another person then that would be so much embarrassing. Then she would have to explain to V that she kissed some other guy but technically it’s not an actual kiss because her lips landed on his mask. She felt so bad about it.

“If you won’t talk now I will definitely cut your lashes or shave your eyebrows you ugly ert…” She told her phone which was displaying a wallpaper of Taehyung pouting at the camera.

“This is hopeless…I still love him so much. Why do you have this spell on me? Life is so unfair!” She wailed tearless on her table.

She was poking her phone carelessly when Rose and Seo entered the clinic where she was in. She was supposed to be looking out for athletes with injuries but there weren’t anyone present as of now.

“Hey Elephant Lisa!”

“STOP CALLING ME THAT!”

Rose ignored her and pulled Seo inside the med school clinic.

“Are you free today? You’re not answering my messages!” Her friend complained. Lisa was guilty because her head was still up in Taehyungville.

“Um…I’m free. I guess.” Lisa answered passively.

“Good. Because we’re dancing today.” Her friend easily pulled her off her seat and out the room. Lisa knows that Rose was being this playful because she’s been missing Jimin. It’s that or she’s just flat out bored of her life.

“What?” Lisa frowned. “Hey Eunseoshi do you have any idea what’s going on? And why are we being dragged right now?”

Eunseo shook her head looking at a distance while being dragged by Rose.

 

 

 

 

 

Jungkook was busy browsing for new games in his room that day. While his uncle is away, he spends most his days gaining skills and experience playing on his computer. He took a little break and checked on his instagram. Then he suddenly thought of Seo. He looked her up and easily found her profile.

“She’s so cheap.” He smirked as he viewed a picture of her selling an old shoe

“Hmm…hahaha this one’s funny.” He said giving a heart to a video of Seo laughing along with another girl. He kept replaying the video until he saw an incoming call.

“Hello, Jisoo noona?”

“Hey Jungkook I need to confirm something from you…”

 

 

 

 

 

 

Jimin and Hobi were starting to get bored watching aspiring dancers audition in their crew. They’ve been holding the auditions for five hours now and they’ve only caught a few who can match their level. Jimin was starting to get sleepy watching the auditions go by when he heard Hobi called next.

Jimin leaned his head on his seat and watch the process with lazy eyes.

“I guess we’re out of luck today Hyung.” He muttered to Hobi.

“Don’t think that bro. I know we can see real talent today.”

“Why how hopeful.” Jimin smirked.

“It comes with my name you know.” Hobi grinned and watched three masked men come into the center.

“Ugh, another masked group. Wake me up when they passed.” Jimin yawned and closed his eyes.

When the music played, Hobi’s eyes swayed from his friend and to the stage.

 

Baby, I like your style~

 

 

Grips on your waist,

front way, back way

You know that I don't play

 

 

He obviously likes this song by the way his foot taps with the beat.

His lips slowly formed into a smile when the trio moved as one with the music. The three guys were so much better than the previous performers. And though their choice of song had a simple beat, their dance moves were advanced and difficult to learn by a beginner.

 

That’s why

I need a one dance

Got a Henessy in my hand

One more time fore I go

Higher powers takin hold on me…

 

Hobi was now bobin his head. He turned to his friend and found that Jimin was also paying attention.

“They’re good. They have their own technique but we can still help improve them.” Jimin pointed at the dancers.

 

The three guys were individually talented. Their style also fits the crew so both Hobi and Jimin were excited to meet the boys dancing before them.

“These boys might be freshmen. I bet they haven’t experienced the growth spurt yet.” Jimin whispered noticing the performers’ small height.

“You’re one to talk.”

“Hey, at least they still have more room to grow. As for my height…this is permanent.”

“You think I care about your height?” Hobi said his eyes still on the dancers.

“No. Because I know you love me.” Jimin gushed and wrapped his arms around Hobi’s waist.

“Aw, I love you too my honey!”

Jimin slapped his hands and gets his arms off Hobi. “You’re scary hyung…ugh” He cringed.

“Psh. You started it now don’t be a coward.”

“Hyung I have a girlfriend.”

“Aish!!!” He was about to hit Jimin when Jimin made a cross with his hands.

After the performance was over, the dancers on stage was about to exit when Jimin called to stop them.

The boys stopped and lined up facing their future captain and assistant captain.

“You guys are amazing. So…” Hobi looked down and frowned when he noticed the names on his list. “Lee Sooman, Park Jinyoung and Yang Hyunsuk…wow, I never thought it’s actually possible.”

“No way! Your named after SM, JYP and YG? This is entertaining! Your moms must be fan girls!” Jimin laughed.

“Why you have a problem with fan girls? You think they’re funny?!” One of the boys voiced out.

Jimin abruptly turned silent. He also ignored the fact that the boy sounded like a girl who’s trying to sound like a boy. These guys are definitely first years.

“Would you please take off your masks.” Hobi demanded.

“Can we know if we made the cut first?” Another one with a soft voice said.

Hobi showed them their resume that has a big star stamp on.

“Congratulations boys, you made it to Hit Big Nation. Now can we formally be introduced? I’m telling you now as a captain that I don’t tolerate the disres- HOW THE HELL?!?!!” Hobi’s voice echoed around the place as he stared back at his cousin.

“Hi oppa.” Seo smiled when she finally revealed her face.

Jimin was now standing on his seat and then the other two took of their vendetta masks.

“So when does practice starts?” Lisa grinned and turned to Rose who was glaring at Jimin.

“How dare you make fun of our names?” Rose spoke disappointedly. Jimin was now running towards her about to beg for forgiveness.

“NO, NO, NO!” Hobi stood up causing everyone to look at him. “We don’t let girls in the crew! You just can’t. Out!”

“But you just said we passed!” Seo defended stopping Hobi from walking out.

“Yeah, SM, JYP and YG passed. But Son Eunseo, Lisa Manobhan and Park Rose didn’t. End of discussion.”

“Hey, Chae, Chae, Chae. Please talk to me.” – Jimin.

“Why aren’t girls allowed to join and please give us a good reason or else I would really stop calling and texting this mochi for a month.” Rose ignored her boyfriend and faced Hobi.

“HYUNG HAVE MERCY!” Jimin was close to kneeling.

“We don’t let girls in because girls are a distraction. Do you really think this guy can focus while you’re around dancing with him?” Hobi asks Rose.

“Are you underestimating me bro? I can focus and still be attracted to my girlfriend at the same time!” Jimin objected.

“Aww” Rose smiled and pinches Jimin’s cheek. “You’re so cute.”

Jimin blushed and held her hand. He stole a quick kiss on her cheek too. Rose just pouted at him and he pouted right back.

“No…girls are girls. They’re high maintenance. Especially with these two.” Hobi waved his hand dismissively at Rose and Lisa.

“Come on oppa! We’ll behave I promise.” Seo pleaded.

Hobi raised his hand as if nothing can ever change his mind. He ignored their pleas and continued pacing to the exit.

But then Lisa’s suggestion made him froze in place.

“We can help you win Jisoo unnie’s hearteu hearteu~”

Rose raised her eyebrow and waited for Hobi’s reaction. Then she added another offer. “We can let you in Jisoo’s mystery mind and let you know her secrets.”

Hobi turned to them and eyed the two girls.

“Why are you girls joining my crew again? This must mean a lot given that you’re so willing to sell Jisoo to me.”

“Well, it’s just kind of a spontaneous thing. I have that habit you know. Plus it’s lovely to see you and Jisoo unnie get to know more of each other.” Rose said shyly biting her fingers. Jimin pulled her head towards him, relieved that he’s with her.

“Fine fine! Aish, it’s not like I have a choice.” Hobi gave up and went beside his cousin. “Hey dongsaeng, what did I say about hanging out with these girls? Trust me when I tell you that they’re a bad influence.”

“Hey, hey hey! That’s too much. What did we ever do to you Jung Hoseok?” Lisa pushed Hobi’s shoulder making Jimin’s jaw drop.

“This is exactly what I mean!” Hobi scoffed amused about Lisa’s attitude.

“Oh Chaeyi, I just remember I have something to tell you.” Jimin started making Hobi look at him. But whatever he’s planning to tell her got cut off when Hobi’s phone interrupted them.

“Hello hyung?” Hobi answered a call from Jin.

“Where are you? There’s an emergency. Taehyung’s become hysterical!” Jin screeched into the phone. Hobi can hear the commotion in the background. There was screaming and things falling and breaking.

“LET ME GO! I HAVE TO TALK TO LISA!!!”

“CALM DOWN FIRST!”

“JISOO ALREADY KNOWS SO LET ME TELL HER BEFORE SHE FINDS OUT!!!!”

“YOU CAN’T DO THAT NOW WHEN YOU’RE STILL A SPY!”

“HOH THE BLOG’S OUT! YA KIM TAEHYUNG YOU’VE BEEN HARASSED!”

“ING LET ME GOOO!”

Hobi covered the speakers of his phone and turned to his friends who were looking curiously at him.

“I’m with Jimin, Seo, Lisa and Rose. We’re at the auditorium.”

“Okay, Suga will pick you two up. And don’t bring the girls with you.” Jin ended the phone call leaving Hobi speechless at the news.

“Who was that? You looked like you just heard a bad news.” Jimin commented.

“We have to go. It’s an emergency.” Hobi grabbed Jimin’s hands and pulled him away from his girlfriend. “I’ll get back on you girls soon.”

“Hyung!” Jimin was surprised not willing to leave his girl.

“What’s going on?” – Rose

“Was that Tae?” – Lisa

 

 

 

 

Suga got his car parked in front of the auditorium in time for Hobi and Jimin’s arrival. As soon as the two got in, Suga’s car sped off leaving the girls behind.

Rose stopped running as she catches her breath. She and the girls watch the boys go feeling a bit mad about being ignored.

“I’m getting annoyed at them. Something’s going on and we’re going to have to find out what it is.” She declared. Ever since that scandal happened between the boys, she felt that the boys were all holding back. Like every time Namjoon and Hobi see each other at Raven’s it was like they wanted to hug each other but then they’ll stop and ignore each other instead.

She has to make a way for these guys to talk to each other because that’s the only way she knows this problem would be solved.

 

 

 

 

 

Jin and Namjoon’s eyes went to the door where their friends came in. Namjoon wiped the sweat off his forehead on the carpeted floor. He and Jin were pinning V on the ground to keep V from breaking their plans and running off.

“What the-” Jimin peered about to help his best friend when Yoongi grabbed his arm and stopped him.

“Get me out of here…please guys, I’m begging you.” Taehyung pleaded underneath his hyungs bodies.

“Guys, you have to get out of here, the girls will be back in an hour.” Jennie announced coming out from the kitchen.

“I don’t see the point of doing this. I mean, Jisoo already knows.”

“She does?” Jennie’s voice raised.

“Yeah, only to an extent. She still doesn’t know you’re involved in this.” Hobi explained.

What happened after Taehyung went at Nayeon’s place was a mess. It was a good thing that she bumped into him earlier because the plan almost got ruined because of him. Taehyung wasn’t even thinking and he was hell bent on getting Lisa back that he forgot that he was still in the game. When Jennie saw what he was about to do, she distracted him of lies about limited edition ties at Gangnam area. And that’s where Namjoon and Jin took over and brought him to Jisoo’s house.

“Gosh you poor thing.” Hobi caressed V’s hair and the latter barked at him.

“Are you sure he’s not possessed?” Hobi retracted and clasped his own hands together.

“Is he calm now?” Jennie said looking over the gate.

“Hey friend, do you have any food in there?” Suga asks Jen and heads into the kitchen. “Ooh you cooked ramyeon for us, gee that’s so sweet of you…”

“No don’t touch my food!” Jennie runs over to Suga and jumps on his back to stop him but the guy just ignored her as if she weighs nothing.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Rose parked the car in front of their house. She has decided to stalk BTS later after she talks with Jimin. After dropping Seo at Hobi’s place, she and Lisa went home. She turned off the engine of Jisoo’s BMW and squinted her eyes at the other vehicle parked across the street. Then she saw Jisoo walking towards the gate.

Jisoo smiled warmly at them when they got out of the car.

“How was the car?” Jisoo asks. She lent the new car for Rose to test drive and she’s also bitter about her brother so she can’t imagine using it right now without purposely damaging it.

“This baby’s awesome. It’s as y as my Porsche back in Australia.” Rose beamed and tossed the keys to Jisoo.

“I’m not that much of a good driver. You can use it for the mean time.” Jisoo chuckled and tossed the keys back at her.

“Oh, the blog just updated a new post! Damn, but my signal’s so weak.” Lisa complained.

“Well, let’s get inside then. I wanted to check someone’s profile too.” Jisoo said. “I wonder why Yoongi oppa’s car is here though…maybe Jen needs something from him again.”

Rose and Lisa wondered the same thing too.

 

 

 

 

 

 

“Have you heard from Jin oppa yet?” Rose asks Jisoo as they walk towards the door. Her friend shook her head and smiled sadly at her.

“I missed him though.” Jisoo replied.

“Ah, finally, the page is loading.” Lisa sighed.

 

As they were going near inside the house, they can hear voices from behind the door.

“Why can’t we just tell them? I mean Jisoo already knows!” The girls heard Jimin’s voice…

“If that’s the case then I’ll have to tell them first before she does or else this will cause war if they’ll know I’m one of the masterminds in this whole chaotic plan.” Jennie chatted without a pause poking her straw at her milk. Before she can have a sip, Suga beat her to it.

“DIE MIN YOONGI!”

All of them were not prepared of the revelation when Jisoo turned the knob and entered.

Jennie thought she was the one who’s going to die as of the moment.

Jimin froze in place.

Hobi refused to turn around.

Jin wishes that he can pull a good dad joke to get rid of the tension.

Taehyung’s eyes went from Lisa’s face to her phone that she dropped weakly on the floor showing an image of him kissing Nayeon.

Yoongi kept drinking Jennie’s drink.

And Namjoon wishes he can see everyone’s faces because he can hardly raise his face what with Jin’s armpit keeping him down on Tae’s back.

 

“You’re an Kim Taehyung.” Lisa wiped her tears and sprinted to her room.

“LISA!” Jennie and Taehyung called.

“AISH!” Taehyung gave up. He’s spent already. He’s been wrestling with his hyungs for hours, he doubts if he can ever walk again after this.

Rose stopped Jennie from going to Lisa for interrogation. “Alright, can you please explain? What were you just talking about?”

“Chaeyoung-” Jimin tried to go near her but he’s scared of what will happen. He knows that his girlfriend is nice, kind and jolly but just like him, he turns into a monster when he’s angry.

“No oppa! Stay out of this!” She snapped at him.

“Unnie…no more lies. Please.” Rose looks at both her friends refusing to be angry.

“Well, what I do know is that everything that happened at the ball and the accident was all staged. What I didn’t know is that Jen is also behind this?” Jisoo turned to Hobi. “I think you missed that one out…”

“er…” – Hobi

“Girls please…there’s a reason why we all did this.” Jennie reasoned out.

“You mean you all knew? This is all planned? And here I thought you guys were breaking apart!” Rose was shaking in anger.

“Chaeyoungie, we just did this to protect you! There’s a fra-”-Jimin.

“This isn’t funny! I don’t have many friends and I can’t believe I fell for that! I must’ve looked stupid. Didn’t you see how you guys hurt Lisa? Is this your plan too?” Rose was nearly yelling as she glanced at the photo on Lisa’s phone.

“We needed Taehyungah to spy on Nayeon to get back on the enemy.”

“What?”

“Chaeyoung, we don’t mean to hurt you or Lisa. I just thought it was the best not to involve you.” Jennie consoled hoping her friend would understand.

“Yeah…why? Do best friends keep secrets from each other?” Rose trembles and bit her lip. Her eyes were red and tears are starting to stream down her face. “I just don’t get it Unnie. Don’t you know it hurts more to know that you’re most trusted friend is lying to your face the whole time I was worried sick about everyone!” She cried.

“Do you know what I’m feeling right now? I felt so betrayed.”

“Can you please hear me out-”

“Don’t come near me oppa!”

“Chaeyoungah-”

“Unnie…are we really friends?”

Jennie thought nothing more can break her heart when Kai left her for another girl. But she thought wrong. Because seeing her friend suffering and seeing the chance of losing her hurts more.

“I’m still your best friend Chaeyoungah.” Jennie turned to Jisoo for help but the latter shrugged.

“Honestly, I don’t know what to say Jendeukie.”

“You know what, if you’re really my friend you can just spare me the drama and told us first hand! This just doesn’t make sense!” Rose run to her and Lisa’s room and shut the door.

“I’m sorry okay!” Jennie called out and cried on Jisoo’s shoulder.

Suga grabbed Jen’s hand to give her a new milk carton.

Jimin sat down and wiped his face with both his hands.

Namjoon and Jin finally freed Taehyung who can barely get up.

“So what now?” Jin sighed breathing deeply.

“Everything will be fine from here. I know it, I just do. I trust my instincts.” Namjoon said reaching for Hobi and Suga’s hands.

“I’ll be going first.” Namjoon suggested and patted Jennie’s shoulder. “Don’t worry too much, your friends love you.”

“How do you know that?” Jen sobbed.

“Because you know that if the same thing happened to you, you’ll still forgive them.”

Jennie looked up at RM’s face and pouted. “Really?”

“Yes. Now stop crying. I’ll be going.” RM smiled and kissed her head.

“I’m still upset though!” Jen wailed and wept back on Jisoo’s shoulder. Jisoo patted her head.

“I’ll come with you!” Suga runs to RM and puts his hand on his shoulder. “Bye girls!”

 

Jin looked at Jisoo and smiled. “You still mad sis?”

“You’re forgiven.”

“That’s my girl.” Jin patted her head and kissed it. “Love you!”

Jisoo called him before he can go out. “Aren’t you going to stay over?”

“Hmm…as much as I want to, I have to get back on my trailer because the plan’s not quite done yet.”

“Oh.”

“Don’t worry, I’ll come around I promise.”

“Tss.”

 

Jin chuckled at her reaction and pinches her cheek. “Ey Hobah, it’s late let’s go!”

“I’m coming with you?” Hobi asked him, disappointed about staying longer.

“Duh! What? You think I’ll let you stay here? Aish!” Jin dragged Hobi away from their living room and turned to his other friends.

“How about you two? What’s your plan in life? Are you just going to let yourself rot in there? I mean that’s fine with me.” Jin sarcastically scolded Jimin and V.

“I’m staying here.” Jimin sighed and relaxed his back on the couch while resting his arms on the side.

Taehyung rose from the floor and stared blankly at the distance. “If you do that to me again, I will really ruin your lives and I would really mean it. You won’t like me mad hyung.” His eyes met Jin’s and the guy made a cross with his fingers.

“May God bless you! Bye sis!”

“Bye Jisoo!” Hobi grinned cheekily and winked at her.

Jennie finally turned to the two boys who stayed. “If you’re really staying over then you’re already looking at the bed!”

“I’ve heard worst.” Taehyung ignored her and stood up. He shamelessly went upstairs straight to Lisa’s room.

“YA!” Jennie scolded but Jisoo stopped her.

“Just let him, okay. He needs her now.” Jisoo told Jennie assuring her that it’s going to be fine. Maybe if she can’t talk to her friends, their boyfriends can explain what really happened.

Seconds later and Jimin followed Tae.

 

 

 

Taehyung knocks gently on Lisa’s door. “Lisa please…please listen to me. What you’ve seen in that blog isn’t true.”

Rose and Lisa were trying to get out the house without getting noticed when they heard Taehyung’s words. Lisa continued to pack her things while Rose listened.

“Okay it’s true but it didn’t mean that I wanted it to happen. I didn’t kiss her, she kissed me.”

Taehyung saw Jimin moved to his side and put his ear behind the door.

“Remember how many times I told you to trust me? This is the reason for that. I didn’t tell you because I’m afraid that the Circle will have to use you against me and I don’t want that. We didn’t want you girls involved because we know that they’ll hurt you to get to us. Please understand.”

Lisa walks slowly to the door and leaned her head on it.

“This really hurts…but if you doubted my feelings for you then I’m going to tell you again that I love you and I longed to kiss you again. You know I hate missing you.”

Lisa takes a deep breath. She turns to Rose and found her friend smiling at her.

“Shut up.” Lisa mouthed at Rose.

“Get out there and face him!” Rose mouthed back.

“No!” Lisa whispered.

“Go home Taehyungah.” She finally said.

“What should I do so you’ll forgive me?”

“Chaeyoungah? Are you there?” Jimin can’t help but interrupt causing Rose to trip on the sound of his voice.

“Shut up, I got here first!” Tae pushed his friend to the side.

“I’ll talk to you when I feel like it.” Lisa muttered.

“Really? Promise?”

“Yes, promise.”

“Lisa, is Chaeyoungah there?” Jimin started trying to hear through the door like squishing his ear is enough to get a better volume.

Meanwhile, Rose was gesture a sleeping pose at Lisa to tell Jimin that she’s asleep.

“Um, yeah, but she’s fast asleep.” Lisa lied. She watches her friend scribble a note on a paper.

Make them go away. It said.

“You guys should go home, we still have classes tomorrow.”

 

“Wait, when she wakes up can you tell her that I’m sorry that I was too late. I tried to tell her b-but…”

Rose can hear her boyfriend’s voice crack and it pained her heart. She almost opened the door for him. Now it’s her turn to lean her ear on the door.

“Just tell her that she’s everything to me and that seeing her hurt makes me hurt.”

“Jiminah” Taehyung put his arm around his friend as he comforts her.

“I’ve never fallen this hard for a girl Tae, you know that.”

“Yeah, yeah. Shhh. Stop crying, aish.” Tae scolded Jimin. He was also on the verge on crying earlier but he held it in when he saw Jimin come over. And now he felt like crying again.

“Lisayah…please hug my Chaeyoungah for me.” Jimin sniffed and dried his eyes. “Damn, am I crying? What the?” He chuckled to himself.

Taehyung shook his head at Jimin’s actions and waited for Lisa’s reply.

“Okay, I’ll tell her that.” Lisa said looking at Chaeyoung.

“We’re going now. I’ll hold on to your promise Lisa.”

“Goodbye Taehyung.”

“I’m not going to say good bye to you. Never.”

“We’ll go ahead Lisa. Thanks.” Jimin spoke and tapped his fingers lightly on the door.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“How did it go?” Jisoo asks the two when they got down.

“They wanted us gone.”

“Good.”

“See you Jisoo.”

 

 

 

 

 

 

A/N

This is probably going to be the start of short updates. In case you didn't notice I cut down 2000 words from my usual chapter length and I think this will be better as I get busier every day. 

It was difficult for me to write this chapter because I can't imagine them having a broken heart in real life....so I needed to internalize and ...

Honestly I thought I was having a writer's block that made me take this long to update but I think it was more of the characters' feelings that I needed to understand and be patient about. I have to see in order to feel. I have to observe BTS and BP's behavior so I can create characters that's close in real life and that's my goal in this story. I want my characters to be relatable and realistic. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

X

 

X