Special Update: Under The Table

Love On Fire

 

 

Under The Table





 



50 Days before the mic drops 
V’s loft, Korea 


“You really have to do it, Tae.” Namjoon started.

“But why me!” Taehyung complained and stood up in protest.

“She’ll fall for it when it’s you.” Jin added. 


When Namjoon shared to everyone his plans for intercepting a frat’s plan to destroy their friendship; everyone was agreeing until he came up with second phase.

Which is to distract Nayeon and get something useful from her…through seduction.

Taehyung was very much against it because he’s going to risk his relationship on the line. 



 


Tae looked for someone who can do it instead and his eyes landed on Jimin. 
Nope. He can’t do it, this guy is too soft. 

Then his eyes narrowed on Jungkook who was currently munching on taco chips.

“Ya Jungkookah-”

“Don’t talk to me. I ain't doin you favors.” Jungkook snobbed and went downstairs.

“Fine! But if I ended up losing Lisa don’t expect me to sit down and watch your relationships sail in peace.”

“Tch. You’re being dramatic.” – Jimin.

“I will not exempt you Park Jimin.” V smirked teasing the birthday boy.

“Oh come on Tae, Lisa will be fine. We’ll take care of her for you.” Jimin reassured his friend hitting his back a bit hard.

“Just think that whatever you’ll be doing for the next days will also be for her. We wouldn’t push you to do it if we don’t think you can.” Jin supported busy with icing his knuckles. He finally calmed down after Hobi had come clean about Jisoo. 
 


“Yeah. If I’m not wrong, there’s a fat chance she’ll get really pissed and may even curse you but you guys are going away tomorrow so use that time to reassure her that you love her.” Namjoon said while applying ointment on Hobi’s bruised face. 

“Okay. I’ll do it.” Tae sighed in retreat.

Yoongi then came to him and gave him a hi five.

“Great. Because I’ve already prepared these for your first mission.” Yoongi said showing him a bunch of documents inside an envelope. “Have fun on your trip. Oh and when you get back, I trust that one of their members will spy on you so be on guard.” 


“Ow, hey easy!” Hobi complained at Namjoon when the latter pressed on his cheekbone rather hardly.

“Sorry.” 






 



49 Days before the mic drops 
The Kim’s Vineyard, California, USA 



 

“WHAT THE HELL IS THIS?!?!”

Lisa’s eyes got wider when she realized that standing in front of them were none other than her brothers, Minho and Nick.

“Lisa, what the hell are you doing here with that arrogant bastard!”

V’s forehead knotted in confusion. “Are you talking about me? Lisa baby, what’s going on?”

“Tae, you better stay at least just a good couple of inches away from me…” Lisa muttered lowly just for V to hear but it only made him come to her closer.

“Huh, why? Do these guys bully you?” He threw an accusing glare at the two guys who were standing by the living room. 



“BABY? YOU LET THIS SPOILED ROTTEN ALIEN CALL YOU BABY?”

“Jesus, calm down Minho.” Nick pulled his brother from attacking V.

“Of course! What do you expect me to call my girlfriend then? I never thought you’d be this rude and ill-tempered Minho hyung.” Taehyung stepped forward, both hands on his waist, ignoring Lisa’s advice.

“THAT’S BECAUSE SHE’S MY SISTER YOU IGNORANT FOOL!”

“NO, STOP IT YOU GUYS!”

Nick failed to stop his brother and the next thing he knew, Minho already got Taehyung’s neck about to choke him to death. 




 


After things got cleared up and Minho calmed down by 10%...

Lisa walked towards her boyfriend who was watching them talking earlier from the mini bar. They haven’t even dried themselves well yet; the towels given to them by the helpers only managed to dry their hairs.

“I’m sorry it turned out like this. But don’t worry I’ve convinced that imbecile not to pull out his shares from your business.”

Taehyung just shrugged and patted her head. “It’s fine. I was more delighted when I learned you ditch your brother’s invite to go with him in LA just to be with me. Now I’m really convinced that you love me.” He winked.

Then they heard someone cleared their throat. Their eyes went to Minho and Nick sitting by the coffee tables.

“I’ll take it from here, okay. You should wash up. I’ll handle your brothers.”

Lisa made a face but gave in. She was feeling a little light headed what with all the things that happened.

She reached for his hand to pull him to an embrace not minding her brothers.

“Curse these brothers.” She whispered that made Taehyung smirk.

“Hmm, shh they might hear you.”

“I’ll go ahead.” She pulled away and fixed his hair.

“Okay. I’ll see you tomorrow. First thing in the morning.”

Tae watch as his girl gave him the warmest smile then scowl at her brothers. He almost chuckled at her reaction.

He let out a deep breath before facing the men that loved his girl first.

“Gentlemen…so, how are you liking California?” Tae said smiling awkwardly.

“Disappointing. I never thought this place would be very, very, very infuriating to the senses.”

Tae sighed and decided to bow to his knees.

“If it really angers you to have your sister lie just because she wanted to be with me then I’m sorry…” He apologized while looking at the floor. “But please understand that I’m serious about her and this relationship that we have doesn’t concern any of your opinion whether or not you’re against it.”

“Tch. How arrogant-”

“Shhh, let him talk Minho!” Nick scolded his brother and went towards Taehyung who was still kneeling before them.

“How can we know that you won’t ever hurt our sister? You should know that we didn’t protect her for nineteen years just to be toyed by any boy so I’m warning you now and you better listen well Mr. Kim Taehyung. If you dare break any part of my sister, see to it that your dead body won’t even get to the newspapers.” 
Taehyung gulped. He thought that Minho was scary but it turns out that Nick was even more terrifying.

He cleared his throat and stood up. “Believe me Sir, I’m more scared of hurting her than being dead because that would be better than seeing her suffer because of me.”

“Easier said than done!” Minho retorted at the back.

“If you want proof then I’ll propose something. But I need both of your cooperation.”

Nick raised his eyebrows and waited for V to continue.

“My friends and I have this little feud in school and they tasked me to play fun at some girl; seduce her to get things we need…”

“You have bad friends! You’re not suited well for Lisa!” Minho yelled not able to control his anger. If it weren’t for Nick, he would’ve cut V’s limbs into pieces.

“Please listen to me…I will prove to you that I’m not the kind of guy you’re expecting me to be. I respect Lisa and I’m only doing this for the school.”

Nick furrowed his eyebrows and thought about what he said. “You’re not a part of any gangs or fraternities right? Because if you are then you better forget it. Leave my sister alone this instant.”

“No. I’m not. I swear, I-I would never.” Tae said reconsidering the idea he had before to make his own fraternity. “But the guys at school, the one who wanted to destroy me and my friends could be frat members…”

“Please, I’m telling you this because I hope that you will understand my intentions. In fact, I’m glad this happened because I was able to explain the plan to you before everything gets out of proportion.”

“Does Lisa know?” Nick asks, more satisfied with V’s answer.

Tae scratched the back of his neck and shook his head.

“We didn’t want the girls to find out. We thought it’s better to keep our guy problems from them.”

The room suddenly felt silent. Tae watched the two brothers exchange facial reactions as if they can read each other’s minds.

Then a smirk came from Nick and Minho relaxed his back on the couch.

“We’ll let you off for now. I think we’re more excited in killing you than protecting our sister.” Nick said getting himself a cup of coffee from the table. “Mm, this is good.”

“Yeah, because I would bet that even if you succeed or not in this little task of yours, you’ll still going to end up hurting her. And we’re still going to enjoy torturing you when that happens.” Minho finally said giving Taehyung a friendly smile.

“Though I’ll give you points for your honesty, I think we’ll have fun being business partners. Right Minho?”

“Of course. After all, business is business and nothing personal. Right Taehyungshi?”

Tae just nodded along surprised that he still have the will to smile back to his future in laws. 






 


46 Days Before the mic drops



Taehyung’s plane landed few hours after he made sure Lisa arrived in Korea first. He had managed to convinced her brothers about staying with her as longs as he still got time and it was a good thing they understood him. But of course it comes with a price. He got Lisa’s brothers a year’s supply of their farm’s best selling wine. He put it off thinking that he can still produce those wines after a year. Her brothers need assurance, and if this is the way he can make that then he’s willing to pay no matter how much.

Yoongi helped him with his bags upon the arrival section of the airport. He welcomed Tae with a cool smirk then cursed at the latter when he hugged him to sleep.

“Aish this bastard. I know I tend to sleep a lot but this is kind of insulting.” Yoongi muttered carrying Tae and putting him into a luggage basket. “Um, excuse me Sir, may I ask for some help here.” He called to the airport personnel and they were more than welcome to be of assistance. 


 


When they reached Seoul, Suga drove them to the place where V was expected to. He woke up his friend and reminded him of his tasks.

“Here are your documents and for the record if they ask about Jungkook, tell them the kid is now happily experimenting with drugs. That should keep them off our maknae for awhile.” Suga instructed casually.

Taehyung yawned and tried to open his eyes to read the documents inside the envelope.

“Tae, you have to take this seriously man. This is our only chance.”

“How would I know if he believed me?”

“He’ll probably call you tomorrow or later after you have your little talk.” 
Suga scratched his chin and inspects Tae’s behavior.

“Did you have fun back in the US? Why did Lisa came earlier than you?”

Tae heaved a sigh. “Long story short…her brothers showed up.”

Suga chuckled in disbelief.

“By the way hyung… we have a little problem regarding the girls.” 
Suga frowned and then his face returned to normal when he realized…

“Is that problem concerns Jennie Kim?” Suga raised his eyebrow trying to confirm his theory. 

“YES! How did you know?”

“Oh just a hunch. That girl always find a way to meddle with us. Nothing can surprise me anymore.” Suga uttered confidently.

“Did you also know that she sneaked in a hidden camera in my rooftop and now she knows our plan about the fraternity and now she’s going to kill me if I messed with Lisa. Actually hyung, there’s already like three people on my back who’s waiting to kill me had my girlfriend decide to break up with me so just so you know, I’m really, really serious about this task.”

“Damn, she really went too far this time. I’m telling Namjoon to involve her in the master plan for the Business Dev’s ball. Suggest that the slime would be like permanent so it can damage the hair and to make sure that Jennie Kim will be in the middle of the runway when it pours.” Suga voiced out his ideas. “Aish, that brat!”

“Oh you don’t need to suggest Hyung, I’m making that possible.” 






 


45 Days before the mic drops 
V's Loft, Korea
 

“No, no, no, no. Let’s just stick to the original plan.” Jimin stood up complaining about Jennie’s suggestion.

Jennie’s idea made the boys in a sour mood even more than the mere sight of her and Wonwoo arriving at V’s doorstep.

“He’s right. What you want can really turn this whole thing into jeopardy. I can’t risk me and my friend’s rep in this.” RM supported Jimin’s sentiments.

“You want us to stage a fight? I can’t even imagine hurting Namjoon hyung!” Jimin stressed out. 

 

“If I knew you’ll be here I would have brought more understanding and patience.” Suga savagely commented not minding Wonwoo who’s already giving him a scowl. 


 


Jennie just rolled her eyes. She had expected this to happen. She thought she should have prepared a slide presentation for this so that these males can better understand her point. 

“Ya, Jeon Wonwoo, tell it to them.” Jennie clocked her head to her fiance’s direction trying to even out her patience.

“Tell them what?” Wonwoo was still clueless about his purpose coming there. Though he has an idea but he didn’t want to entertain it.

“Should I tell them about it or you’ll do it?”

Wonwoo was close to panicking not giving in to her commands.

“What?”

“Oh my god, are boys really this clueless!?”

Jungkook and Taehyung started whispering to each other.

“Do you think she’s going to break up with him so she can be with RM hyung?” – Tae.

“I don’t know, but if I were RM hyung I’d be better off without her.” – JK. 

 


“Shhhh!” RM scolded the two. 



 

“Just start with the ring!” Jennie snapped and Wonwoo sighed in defeat.

Though Jin and Hobi interpreted it the other way.

“Aw, they’re getting married.” Hobi exclaimed and faced Jin who held his hand feeling giddy.

“Tell me something I don’t know.” Suga rolled his eyes. “So what is it, you two? What’s so important that you have to crash our party…again?” He said the last word with a meaningful glare at Jennie who just made a peace sign. 


 


“I just want to say first that your original plan was lacking and for lack of a better term, boring.” Jennie said matter-of-factly winking at Tae’s direction. 

“See! I told you she’s the rat! She sneaked a camera in my place!” Taehyung protested and Jungkook stopped him from pointing at Jennie.

“I think Wonwoo here can help. He’s a frat member, he knows who you’re dealing with and you’ll understand why I’m plotting this with you and even sacrificing my girls just so they won’t get involved. Capiche?”

Jin and Hobi’s jaw dropped at what they just learned.

“A frat member? You a thug now Jeon Wonwoo?” RM said in disbelief.

“What frat are you in?” Suga tilted his head.

Wonwoo looked at Jennie accusingly and cleared his throat.

“This is breaking the rules but whatever…this is going to be messy anyway.” He went to the food table and get himself some alcohol ignoring Suga’s question.

“Your boyfriend is quite a snob eh.” Hobi nudged Jennie.

Wonwoo heard this and looked at their way.

“Ya, does anyone of you know martial arts?”

Jungkook slowly raised his hand, then Suga raised a finger.

“How bout guns? Anyone ever used a gun?”

“He and I did when we trained for pre-military prep.” Jin answered pointing to him and Suga.

“Hmm. Seeing the skills you have in combat as a group makes you guys no match for who you’re up against. If you go on a brawl with them without preparations, I say you’re all going to be badly injured in less than 10 minutes or so…”

Jungkook then went beside Wonwoo and placed his arm around his shoulder.

“So Wonwoo shi, have you ever killed anyone?” Jungkook said amused to have a frat member present in the moment.

Wonwoo was about to answer but he realized that Jennie is still around.

“Um…I’d rather avoid your question.”

Jungkook realized why he was hesitating and blocked Wonwoo’s vision of Jennie so he said…

“You can just whisper it to me.” Jungkook pressed.

“Leave him alone Jungkook or I’ll be the one to kill you!” Jennie commanded.

“What’s our best option then? And how dangerous is The Circle anyway?” Jin asks getting a bit concerned now that the probability of them losing is high.

“What was your original plan again?” Wonwoo asks looking at Namjoon.

“Well…Hobi, Suga hyung and Chim had already found solid proofs that we can turn over to the deans…” Namjoon started.

“And we plan on using Tae to get Nayeon’s hard evidence but we didn’t initially plan on fighting them. We wanted to fight but we wanted it on the low profile.” Hobi explained continuing Namjoon’s sentences.

“Yeah, we didn’t want this to affect our grades and academic standings or anything, we just want to settle this mess once and for all.” Jimin added.

“And you think that will fix it?” Wonwoo his lip and continues to chew on Jin’s homemade gourmet abalones.

Tae gulped at the sight of Wonwoo eating and got himself some of the dishes too.

Jungkook and Namjoon followed.

“Ya! Easy on the abalones!” Jin yelled.

They continued their discussion on the round table.

“You guys are dealing with an elite frat here, not to mention, they’ve been on the low key for almost five years and I’m telling you, they’re already experts in their field. If they want something they’ll get it, same as if they want to get rid of something, they can also do it.”

“Damn. So what do we do now?” Hobi asked.

Jennie was just there listening and enjoying her banana milk she grabbed from Jungkook’s stash. The guy was hiding the refreshments from everyone but she discovered his hiding place and now he’s mad at her.

“Every frat has a weak spot and from what I observe, The Circle has a huge ego. If you attack by feeding it then crushing it afterwards, you’ll stand a chance.”

“That is why my plan is the best!” Jennie hits the table in excitement.

“Is there really no other way?” Jin asked Wonwoo then turned to Jennie. “Aren’t you even concerned of your best friends?”

“I am. That is why they should never find out. I’m putting all my bets on you guys and if you don’t fix it, bombs might explode.”

“From your head?” – Jungkook.

“No, on your houses.” Jennie smirked.

“Is she serious?!?” Taehyung panicked and started eyeing for bombs in his house. Jimin dragged his friend back on his seat. 


“Wonwooya, you’re helping us.” RM tapped his back.

“I don’t think I have any options.” Wonwoo said looking over at Jennie’s direction. “But guys, the Circle knows who I am and they can’t know that I’m helping you. Black Alphas aren’t exactly anonymous to other fraternities…”

“You’re an alpha!” Jin stood up.

“What’s that mean?” Jungkook asked.

“They’re like top tier fraternity man!”

“Really, how can I join your frat Wonwooshi?”

“Jungkookah, you’re still too young to die.” Suga remarked.

“Really guys, they can’t know that I’m helping you. Being here giving out information that I know is already dangerous so please, whatever that happened here on this night must only remain to this night. No one besides the nine of us can know or talk about it in public. Otherwise…we’ll all be in bigger trouble.”

“I like this. It’s totally my style.”- Jungkook.

“Guys, there’s more banana milk left under the table!” Suga announced. 



32 Days before the mic drops
At a hospital, Korea

Nick eyed everyone in the emergency room before picking up a call from Taehyung.

“Thanks so much for doing this bro.” Tae said on the other line. When he got a text from Nick that the guys were now on phase four, that was his signal to call.

“The plan was that only your friends will show up. But why is my sister here?” Nick retorted in a hush voice while watching the other guys get to know the fake victim who was on the emergency bed.

“What? Lisa’s there?”

“Yeah, and she came with her friends.”

“. May I speak to Yoongi hyung please.”

Nick faced the boys and called out Yoongi.

“Yes, Brat?” Yoongi said taking the phone politely from Nick.

“The girls are there?” Tae asked.

“Yeah, apparently, Jennie slipped.”

“Oh my god. So…man you guys have to summon your inner Johnny Depps and god I wish I was there to see your acting abilities…” Tae blabbered.

“Psh. We got this brat. You go do your job and we’ll do our part. It’s piece of cake.”

“Why do you guys always do the fun part?”

“It’s because we have more experience.” 




 


29 Days before the mic drops 
Namjoon's penthouse, Korea


“I’m not feeling good about this hyung. What if…” Jimin paced back and forth in front of Namjoon while the latter sips his wine comfortably.

“What if…” Jimin continues to pace.

“What if what?” Namjoon said.

“What if Chaeyi finds out the truth and she’ll hate me?!” Jimin finally confessed.

“Let’s just tell them. I don’t think Tae can hold it in any longer. He’ll lose his head if Lisa breaks up with him. And you know what that means?”

“No. What?”

“It means the same for me! Chae might see me differently! I can’t believe I only realized this now. We shouldn’t have gone with Jennie’s plan!”

“Mmm.” Namjoon yawned.

“Hey, have you got a date for the ball yet?”

Jimin stopped on his tracks at his hyung’s question.

“How can you think about getting a date at a time like this hyung?”

Namjoon rolled his eyes and left Jimin to go upstairs to his room.

“Lock the door when you leave Chim. I have an early class tomorrow.”

“Seriously, this guy.” Jimin shook his head.

“Can I ask Chaeyoung to the ball?” Namjoon called out from upstairs.

“Whatever hyung. I’m going to Suga hyung’s place. I’m betting he’ll make more sense.”

“I’ll count that as a ‘yes’ then.” Namjoon giggled to himself. 




 


22 Days before the mic drops 
Nagoya, Japan

“I agreed to be here to see if my nephew can stand a chance to have a position in the organization.” 

Wonwoo smirked at the senator’s subtle request. He made an appointment with him because he knows the senator can help Jennie and her friends have an advantage to their enemy. 

“If he can manage to do his job well in this mission, then we’ll consider. But you know all too well that this fraternity is unusual and we deal with things very...unconventionally. You’re nephew might get shocked.”

“I believe he can be a good addition.”

“If you insist. I’ll have my cousin watch him close and evaluate. But I can’t promise you a recruitment.”

The senator nodded impressed by Wonwoo’s personality.

“I didn’t regret voting for you as one of the eight. You have great authority Wonwooshi.” The senator said handing him the documents Wonwoo needed from him.

“Thank you for your commendation Senator.” 


 




8 Days before the mic drops 
Myeongdong, Korea

“Can I have this checked again please. The lenses kept having strange discoloration. I think it’s a defect.”

Suga described his problem to Lee Taeyong at the camera shop. He wasn’t there for the camera alone instead he has another agenda.

One that is to get the Circle’s messenger/surveillance man tied down and cuffed up.

He has a hunch that this guy is the one posing as the Lost Seoul Girl and he’s going to help Jungkook get his mission done.

“Um, please wait here. I’ll just get my tools.” Lee Taeyong answered distantly. 


 

Meanwhile, Jungkook was also on the lookout for the Lost Seoul Girl that day and his first stop was the place where they traced her IP address. He didn't agree with Suga that the Lost Seoul Girl was a guy. His gutt was telling him that she's a girl.

He was busy reading between the lines on the blog when he bumped on to someone.

“O-sorry. Are you okay Miss?” His body stiffened when he realized that he bumped into Seo.

“Seo?”

Jungkook looked up to the path she walked out from.

“Did you just come out of that computer shop?” He asked.

“Uh, yeah…Hobi oppa…asked me to do something for him. F-Family stuff.”

Jungkook noticed she was stuttering when she always talked to him like she know what she’s going to say before saying it.

“At this hour?” 

It was almost midnight.

“Y-yeah! He couldn’t do it by himself because he said I can do it for him anyway w-without any efforts so, yeah. I’ll see you around.”

“Wait, Seo!” He was about to go after her when she already crossed the street.

He thought about the possibility that it could be Seo behind that blog but then, it was too impossible. She’s innocent and she’s already suffered too much even from him. She couldn’t be involved in their mess. She just can’t.