Chapter 8

My Helpline

Jungkook tries coming up with something, stumbling over his own words. But he can't fix it now 
"I should go too, bye-"

"Promise me we'll talk later today" The older interrupts. 
  But Jungkook doesn't want to make such a promise, how could he if he doesn't know what his father will do to him today, he might as well be dead in an hour.

"Jungkook, promise me you'll answer my call at 7 tonight" Taehyung sounds demanding, especially with that deep gruff voice. Jungkook finds himself almost lost in the way he calls his name.

"I-I can't pro-"

"7, don't forget" and he hangs up.

Jungkook pulls the phone away from his ear, staring down at it with a sigh.
"What am I doing....?"

-----

Taehyung puts his phone down, eyebrows knit together "Jeon Jungkook... How many Jeon's does Seoul have?" he groans, throwing himself back on his bed.
"That bastard couldn't possibly have a kid" Taehyung sighs "could he....?"

Taehyung's thoughts drift back to their conversation 'G-dragon huh?'
And thats when something hits him.

"That boy who had my phone... Jeon Jinyoung? His wallpaper was G-dragon... What if....agh I'm over thinking this" he slaps both his hands over his face "I need to stop talking to myself" 'but that voice.... They're both so similar'

Taehyung turns his head to the phone on the pillow beside him, grabbing it and quickly going to his contacts again before calling one.

Beep, beep, bee-

"Hello?"

Taehyung sighs in relief "Hey, Namjoon I need your help-"

"Tae I'm working now I can't-"

"Perfect" Taehyung cuts in "listen, you gotta go into the files from two years ago and search for the name Jeon"

It's silent for a moment "...Taehyung no. That incident is over and-"
  "No Namjoon you don't understand, I really need his information"

"Oh yeah? Then why don't you come make us a visit and ask boss to search for it yourself? I think some may be happy to see you after, I don't know, two ing years?!"

"Namjoon you know I can't do that"
 
"And you know I can't search that for you"
   "Hyung please" the younger begs "I can't just walk in after two years and ask to search for that, and I quit the job, they won't let me-"

"Exactly. And you regretted it the last time you got involved with that man, so don't come back for-"

"All I need to know is whether that bastard has a son! Please! You could save a life if you help me out. If it's true then that boy could die at any moment!"

Namjoon hesitates ".....What the are you getting yourself into, Kim Taehyung" he sighs "I'll send you the info on break"

"Thank you Namjoon"

"Just don't regret it" the older warns "I gotta get back to work, bye"

Taehyung ends the call.
'What do I do if it is his son...?'

-----

"You don't usually text me, is there something wrong?"

Jungkook chuckles "When is anything right with me?" He asks "Anyway, I just wanted to hang out, can't I spend some time with my only friend?"

Jimin laughs "That's unusual, but I'm glad" they silently walk trough the park together.

"Jungkook?"

"Hm?"

Jimin looks ahead "Something happened yesterday, am I right?"

Jungkook bites his lip, he keeps walking with his hands in his pockets, scratching at his jeans on the inside "Just..." He trails off.

  "You've bruised wrists, that never happened before"

Jungkook curses himself for not being careful enough at hiding it. He wants to tell Jimin, but the older worries enough, and he doesn't want to make him uncomfortable.

"Kookie please, you can tell me anything.." Jimin pleads before whispering "Not like you'd let me help you anyways" 

"Jimin you know that if you try to help me, then you might get hurt"

The older huffs "The moment I get a job, I'll save up all the money and hire a hitman on your father" he jokes "What even is that man, how the does he get out of prison so easily!?"

"I wish I'd know" Jungkook says. His gaze stays on the big pond in the park, a few meters to the left of him. The sparkling water catching him in a trance.

"Are you sick?" Comes the unexpected question.

Jungkook turns to Jimin "hm?"
"Are you sick? Your voice is really off today, and your eyes are puffy"
Jungkook swallows the lump forming in his throat. The thoughts of what happened last night coming to him.

By now Jungkook is sure he's gone crazy. How can he even keep so calm after what his father did? Like it's nothing serious. Maybe he knew it would happen at some point but didn't want to believe it?

"Hello?" Jimin claps "Earth to Jungkook!"

The younger smiles slightly "Just a cold"
Jimin stares blankly "You're a really liar, Jeon Jungkook" he says "A cold wouldn't rip your voice cords apart..."

Jungkook can feel his eyes watering, a sudden feeling of trauma taking over.

Jimin turns to look at him, his eyes widening "Jungkook? Hey whats wrong?" He stops in front of him, grabbing Jungkook by his shoulders, the younger turns his head down, avoiding eye contact.
"Jungkook talk to me"

"I'm just tired of everything" he mumbles, holding back his sobbing "I want it to end but I don't know what to do. He won't let me leave, I can't get away from him Jimin" he cries "I want to die"

Jimin hugs him immediately "Jungkook don't say that, we'll figure something out-"
"We can't Jimin... What am I supposed to do?"

-----

'Perfect' Taehyung thinks, taking a picture of the pond. The sun is shining, making the water glisten and adding an aesthetically pleasing view to the park.

Taehyung looks trough the camera lense, trying to find a different angel when he spots, what looks like a couple, at the other side of the pond.
He thinks of taking a picture when suddenly feeling hesitant.

Taehyung pulls the camera away, now squinting at the pair in the distance. It looks like two men. The taller one weirdly familiar.
He's about to zoom in on them with the camera when his phone rings. Taehyung quickly pulls the device out, still watching the pair from afar.

"Namjoon?"

"Hello to you too"

Taehyung starts walking his way around the pond, keeping his eyes on the two boys "Sorry, hi, got anything?"

Namjoon sighs "Ok so, I was able to get some family info before boss almost ing caught me"

"Good, and?"

"Jeon Kangdae, gang leader, his wife died from an unspecified reason"

Taehyung's eyes scan the taller boys face 'It's him?' 
"Yes ok, anything else?" He starts walking faster, close to reaching the bridge leading over the water.

 "Father of one"

"Name?" 

" Jeon Jungkook" 

Taehyung stops in his tracks, thinking for a moment, everything coming together ", Namjoon I've to end, bye" he hangs up, shoving the phone in his pocket.

Taehyung starts jogging towards the bridge, his eyes glued to the two boys, only leaving them when a larger tree blocks his view.

Taehyung reaches the bridge, running to the other side as fast as he could, breathing heavily.

But when he looks around, the pair is nowhere to be seen.