Chapter 15.

My Helpline

"Namjoon" Jungkook mumbles, grabbing at his hair "That must the dude Taehyung was talking about, but officer?.... Why does he know Jimin...?" He's staring at himself in the mirror when the door of the bathroom open and another male walks in, before the man can start thinking Jungkook might be crazy, the younger walks out with a sigh.


"You look as if you just seen a ghost" Jimin says when Jungkook sits in front of him.

"Who was that?"

The older is taken back by the sudden question "Namjoon? He's Yoongi's friend"

"Oh... How's Yoongi hyung? We haven't spoken for ages"

Jimin gives a small smile "He's been really busy lately so we don't talk as often, his boss moved his office again"
Jungkook nods "Do you know where to?"
  "No, he said he's not sure where either"
Jungkook nods again "...about Namjoon, he said something about a friend-"
  "Taehyung?"
"Mhm"
  "I met him a few times but I don't know much, I guess he's back working with Namjoon. Why?"
   Jungkook ignores his question  "Back?"

Jimin stops to think for a moment "He quit his job after an accident three years ago...." He trails off before lowering his voice.
   "Remember... your father's shooting on the news, where they didn't give any names for personal reasons?... I think he was the one officer that was apart of it and lived"

Jungkook doesn't answer, instead he looks away, drinking his coffee
He wants to scream in frustration.
Jimin spots his fist clenching and unclenching and he immediately knows there's a problem.
"Why did you ask?"

"Jimin I've to tell you something" He stands up "First, lets leave"


"So what your telling me, is that; you called Taehyung by an accident, he didn't want to off and now he's after you, trying to help, plus your psycho of a father is trying to locate him because what you believe is that Taehyung has survived the shooting"

Jungkook nods.

"Where the was I during all this?!"

Jungkook shrugs.

"Speak to me! What now? Is he even aware of how dangerous your father is?!"

Jungkook groans, hiding his head in his hands "I don't know what to do! best thing would be if I disappeared...that way my father wouldn't have anything that could lead him to Taehyung and Taehyung wouldn't have anything to worry about..."

Jimin immediately looks up at him "Last time I asked, running away wasn't an option"

Jungkook stays silent, running away is not an option, thats true. He takes a look around the park, making sure nobody heard them. It's getting cloudy so there aren't many people walking around, but it's still good to stay on guard.

Jungkook glances at Jimin before once again looking away. He really doesn't have a clue what to do. The only option really is disappearing, 'but how?'

"No" Jimin suddenly stands up off the bench "I know what's going trough your mind, and that is not an option either, so don't even try" he raises his voice. Jungkook keeps his face down, managing a quiet "I won't, don't worry"

Jimin sighs, he goes to hug the younger "We'll figure something out, just please, please don't do anything stupid"

-----

Taehyung looks up "You met Jungkook?"
Namjoon nods. The younger stands up "You're sure it was him?"
  "Yes I'm sure. He was with Jimin"
Taehyung turns to his laptop, immediately searching for the Park family in the documents.

"Jimin introduced us and it's as if Jungkook knew me... Did you say anything?"
The younger freezes, his thoughts racing "I mentioned we're friends.... Does he know you're a cop?" He turns to the older.
  "...Jimin called me officer in front of him"

Taehyung feels panic wash trough him "Jungkook is too cautious..." He mumbles "He will ask Jimin about it"

"Can he do much about it though?"

Taehyung stays silent.

Namjoon continues "He won't tell his father because from what I know, he wants to protect you. What can he do? We got the school and all we need is his address. Worst thing that can happen is he'll be pissed at you for hiding it"
  "Exactly!" Taehyung barks, gaining his coworkers attention, he quickly apologises.

"And?" Namjoon asks "What does it matter, you want to save the kid, not become best friends for ever. He can be mad all he wants, you shouldn't care as long as he's safe" the tone in Namjoon's voice is so careless that the younger is almost annoyed at him.

'But I do care'
Taehyung sighs "whats the name of the school Jimin goes to?"

"Stalking my boyfriend?"

Taehyung freezes upon hearing the low voice behind him, not able to believe what he just heard. 
He turns around abruptly.
 "...Yoongi-hyung?"

"No, santa clause, ho ho "

The younger feels a smile spread across his lips and he runs up to Yoongi, hugging him "I didn't know you'd be back today"

Yoongi smiles "Surprise?" he chuckles "So, looking for Jimin?"

Namjoon shakes his head "No, his friend, Jungkook"
Taehyung notices how Yoongi's expression falls for a moment and he pulls away.

"And why exactly are you looking for him?" The older asks cautiously.

Taehyung makes eye contact with Yoongi, but he doesn't look away. 'He must know something'

"That's a bad idea Tae"

"You knew about it?"

Yoongi sighs "... I knew Jungkook even before Jimin. Since he was six... When his life was still intact and his mother was alive"

The youngest of the three furrows his eyebrows "And when it all went to hell, you didn't try helping?"
  Yoongi looks up at him "Of course I did! Who do you think I am?... I tried, he never let me but I didn't listen"

"Doesn't seem like you did much"

Yoongi laughs bitterly "Helping made it worse... His father didn't dare do more than slap or shout at Jungkook before I decided to "help", it just angered his father more"

Namjoon turns to Yoongi "Didn't you try reporting it to the boss?"
The older hesitates "I couldn't... His mother died around the time of the shooting... How was I supposed to bring up Jeon? He'd burn me alive"

Taehyung turns to his laptop, turning it off and grabbing his jacket off the chair "We're going to visit the school, I'm driving, Yoongi gives the directions. Both of you, meet me at my car in 5"

The group meets at the parking lot not long after, Taehyung and Yoongi sit at the front with Namjoon at the back.
They all decided to drive in Taehyung's car to avoid too much attention, the school ends soon and a police car parked in front of it would spread rumours, last thing they meed is Jungkook avoiding school.

They arrive within thirty minutes, wasting no time they exit the car and walk into the building.

"How may I help you?" Asks a young lady sitting behind the desk. Taehyung pulls out his police badge and showing it to her, feeling somehow weird after not being able to do that for three years "Does Jeon Jungkook attend school here?"

The lady smiles and nods "Ah yes, Jungkook, sweet boy" her smile fades "Is there a problem?"

Taehyung smiles "No miss, we just need his address"

The lady stands up "Of course, I just have to contact the principal beforehand"
Taehyung nods as she walks away.

"Looking for Jimin?" Namjoon chuckles, looking at Yoongi whos watching the students walking pass.

 "I haven't seen him since Christmas, and school is already ending... It's been five months" the older mumbles.
Taehyung smiles at those words, shaking his head.

"Hello" they hear a male voice, Taehyung turns around to be met with who he assumes is the principal.

"Hello" Taehyung bows "We're looking for Jeon Jungkook's address"

The man nods, turning to the secretary "Please write down the address for them"

He turns back to the officers "Has Jungkook done something? He's usually a quiet person, but a great student-"
"No," Taehyung smiles "He hasn't done anything wrong, no need to worry, everything will get sorted out soon"


"Okay what now?" Yoongi asks, walking out of the building with the other two. Taehyung's eyes scanning over the paper with the address.
  "Do we go there now?" Namjoon looks at the younger.
Taehyung looks up from the paper, giving Namjoon a look of disbelief
  "Yea sure lets go, because that bastard totally did not shoot all nine members of my team, which were armed with two guns each and heavy armour. The three of us can surely arrest him without any issue, lets go!"

Namjoon sighs "No need for the sarcasm... And he also had a team with him"
Yoongi nods "True... But we don't know, he could have his men covering him 24/7"

"Plan?"

Taehyung stops, thinking for a moment "We can't wait for too long, but we do need a plan, I'll come up with something today and we'll hopefully be able to take action tomorrow"

Namjoon and Yoongi look at each other, nodding "We're in"

Taehyung laugh "Oh no no, your asses stay in the office, I'm not letting you get hurt"

Yoongi nods, walking past Taehyung and patting his back "You're funny kid, but we're going" 

Namjoon winks at the younger teasingly "The one thing we all swore to each other: we keep together"