Chapter 20.

My Helpline

Jungkook sits down on the couch, sighing as he looks at all the papers on the coffee table in front of him. All threats.
The people that worked for his father haven't all been captured, he knows that. There's just too many of them.

Jungkook grabs the stack of papers, scanning trough them all, majority of them repeating with 'You're dead kid' 'watch out' or 'We'll kill you'

"Go ahead" he mumbles in response. Because what does he have left of this life anyway?

Jungkook is about to throw them away when a loud thud is heard from the hallway. Nobody comes to his house, it has always been the people working for his dad but he's sure they all partly know what happened to him.

He waits for a while, he isn't planning on opening. But it doesn't seem like he has to, because he can hear the door being forcefully kicked open.

Frozen, he waits for something to happen. He stares at the door from his sitting room when knock comes.

"Not going to say hi to your guests?" He hears a low, gruff voice call out from the other side.

Jungkook should be scared, any normal person would be. But he's more curious than anything. The doors creak open and Jungkook takes a step back, watching a man, not much taller than him, walk in. 

The first thing that Jungkook notices is the pistol he male is holding as he walks up to him with a smile.

"Who are you?" Is the only thing Jungkook can get himself to say.
The man stops walking, maybe a meter or so away from Jungkook.
  "I'm a close friend of your father" he says with that smile plastered on his face "Or was a close friend"

Jungkook instantly turns cautious, there will certainly be a problem if that man is what he claims to be.

"And what is it that you want?"

The man crosses his arms, staring at Jungkook, looking almost too joyful "What do I want? I don't know, how about you tell me?"

Jungkook furrows his brows. He doesn't feel like playing games.
The older notices his serious expression and laughs before continuing "Imagine your best friend, someone you knew since childhood, has been murdered" he starts, looking the younger dead in the eye "And now imagine you're standing right in front of his murderer. What would you want, Jungkook?"

No time to rethink the possibilities of what'll happen next, Jungkook ducks, avoiding the male trying to punch him. He kicks his leg out, making the man in front of him stumble backwards.

Remembering what his father did in case of an emergency, he puts his hand under the coffee table, grabbing and pulling off the knife attached up to it. Jungkook forces himself up, pointing the blade at the other male, but the man already has his gun held up and towards Jungkook, that smiles back on his face.

Neither of then make a move.
"I won't kill you" the man laughs "First I'll find that traitor Taehyung and kill him, right in front of you. I'll make you watch me do it and you won't be able to do !"

Jungkook drops the knife and puts out all his power, punching the other. The man stumbles back, tripping and falling. Jungkook straddles his torso, picking up the knife again and holding it against the male's throat.

The older laughs, one hand wiping at the blood trailing down from his nose.
"Do it kid, kill me" he chuckles "You'll be just like your father"

Jungkook his lips, everything hitting him, his actions. He lifts himself up, breathing heavily.

"You'll regret it Jeon, both you and Kim, and you won't even know when it's too late"

                                                               -----

"He hasn't come to school?"

Jimin shakes his head at Yoongi.
The older sighs "Did you talk to him?"
Jimin gives his boyfriend an irritated look "It's been two weeks but he hasn't even tried contacting me" he mumbles, hoping Taehyung won't hear.

"I don't think he has a phone at the moment though" Yoongi points out.
Jimin rubs his face in frustration "I went to his house! Five times! And he was never home!" He exclaims.

Yoongi turns to Taehyung. The male is sitting on the hospital bed, staring out the window, seemingly lost in thought.

He looks back at Jimin before mumbling "Let's talk about this outside"

"Does he own the house?" Taehyung suddenly asks.
Both males turn to him in confusion. "What?" Yoongi asks.
Taehyung looks at them "Does Jungkook own the house, or is it rented?"

Jimin turns to Yoongi, knowing that the older must have the information, after all he has known Jungkook and his family much longer.

"It was his parent's house, so yeah, it's his now" Yoongi answers. 
"Why?" Jimin questions.

"Just curious" Taehyung says mindlessly "Do you have his address?"

Yoongi glances at Jimin, he hesitates but nods nonetheless "Yea uhm-" he pulls out his notepad and pen out of his uniform coat's pocket. Quickly scribbling something down, he gives the note to Taehyung "There"
The younger gives a quiet "Thanks"

After a moment of silence, Yoongi speaks up "We'll get going" he grabs Jimin's smaller hand in his "I'll be here later when you're signed out" and with a goodbye and a smile, they leave.

And Taehyung doesn't fail to notice the look of warning Yoongi shoots him right before leaving.

The moment Taehyung hears the door shut, he reaches for his phone.
Opening the browser, he types in the address he got from Yoongi.
And just like he suspected, the first few links that show up are all property sale websites. 
Jungkook is selling the house.

Taehyung's mind is immediately flooded with thoughts and questions. That awful feeling of panic sets in because 'what if?'
'What if he's doing this to be able to run away?'
'What if he'll hurt himself?'

'What if I lose him?'

It's been two weeks since he arrived at the hospital and he's finally being let out today, he can't afford to show any form of pain. He can't stay here any longer.

Taehyung's train of thoughts is interrupted when his phone starts ringing. He looks down at the device but the number isn't saved to his phone. He picks it up cautiously.

"Hello?"

"Tae, it's Jungkook, we gotta talk"