Chapter 17.

My Helpline

Taehyung arrives at the bridge as fast as he possibly could, but Jungkook is nowhere in view, he looks around but there's only cars passing, no pedestrians on the foot path.

Taehyung;
Im here, where are you? And whats wrong?

A few minutes pass before he gets an answer.

Jungkook;
Turn around.

Confused at what the younger is playing at, he turns around. But it isn't Jungkook thas standing there smirking at him.

 "Surprise"

Taehyung stays frozen, he feels fear travel trough his whole body. 

"You know," the man starts "You never learn. Jungkookie was right when he sent all those messages saying you shouldn't contact him... But at least it was easier for me to find you"

Taehyung feels something poke at his back and theres a presence of someone bigger and most likely stronger than him, stabbing a gun at his back.

"Get in officer, unless you want that gun to fire"

The younger is harshly pulled and thrown into the nearby van.
"How do you have that phone- where's Jungkook!?" Taehyung struggles when he feels his hands being tied behind his back.

Jeon smiles "You'll know soon enough" he pushes Taehyung in and slams the vans door. Taehyung immediately pulls himself together, looking around the van. But hks frantic searching stops when he spots another body in the van.

"J-Jimin?"

                                            -----

"Let- me- go!" Jungkook tries pulling away feom the two men holding him down, he isn't weak, he knows it's a struggle for the two to hold him in place, but with tied hands he can't do much.

He's been locked in this room for almost an hour and it's driving him crazy. "You ing-"

"Let him go"

Jungkook looks up, his father walks in, looking unamused, dropping the boys phone to the ground "That won't be needed anymore" he kicks it away.

Jungkook feels the two hands that were holding him back untying the rope and disappearing, he doesn't hesitate to walk right up to the man in front of him "What did you do to Taehyung?!" 

His father smiles, bringing his hand up and forcefully pulling at Jungkook's hoodie, making the boy stumbled out of the room. He grabs Jungkook by his upper arm and drags the boy to a different room "So worried about that guy huh?"

Jungkook is pushed in trough some door and his eyes widen when he looks up.

Taehyung is on his knees in the middle of the room, coughing up blood. The older looks up when he hears the sudden sound but his gaze falls back down the moment he sees Jungkook.
But it's too late because the younger already seen the cuts and bruises on his face.

"Let the boy go, Jeon" Taehyung coughs, glaring at the man behind Jungkook.
  "Still speaking?" The older walks over to Taehyung "Didn't get enough?" He questions, kicking the younger once again, making Taehyung curl into himself in pain.

Jungkook takes a step forward when he sees his father grab a baseball bat and as if automatically, reaches his hand to grab at his father's arm.
"Don't!" he barks, harshly turning the man around "Do whatever you ing want with me.. But let Taehyung go"

Taehyung forces himself to look up and shakes his head at the younger with widened eyes as he mouths a silent 'Don't'

His fathers glare changes into a sick smirk "I've a better idea" The man pulls something out of his belt and forces it into Jungkook's hands, the younger almost drops it.
He looks down onto the heavy object. A gun.

Jeon looks down at his son "I won't kill Taehyung, you'll do it"
Jungkook's eyes widen "W-what?"

"Killing will soon become a part of your life," the man steps back "And getting close to somebody is a weakness. Shoot him."

"No" Jungkook glares "You're sick if you think I'd do that!"

"Shoot him, unless," the older walks past Taehyung and up to the store room door. 
He pulls someone out roughly by the hair. Jungkook could feel himself loosing all strength in his body when he sees his father pulling at the pastel pink locks. 
Forcing Jimin onto his knees beside Taehyung, both males staring down at the ground.

"unless you want to watch your life long friend die... Knife or bat?" The man's cold eyes meet with Jungkook's glistening ones. 
Jungkook shakes his head "Please" he mumbles "Please let them go and I'll do anything"

His father walks up to Jungkook slowly, standing behind him and grabbing his arms, forcing him to hold the gun with the two of them and point it up at Taehyung. 
"Come on," he whispers "Taehyung or... Both of them"

Jungkook can feel himself shaking, tears are starting to fall and he doesn't know what to do.

Taehyung keeps his gaze down, Jungkook can see his back raising and falling as he breathes, he knows Taehyung is just as scared as him.

"How about I tell you a short story Jungkookie?" The man suggests, standing back from Jungkook and slowly walking around the room.
"About your mother"
Jungkook looks up at him.

"It's been three years since her death" the man starts, staring at nothing specific "I really loved your mother, you know that Jungkook, don't you?"

The boy stays silent, forgetting about the gun in his hand, still pointed at Taehyung.

"She didn't deserve such death" Jeon starts walking again, after a moment he stops, leaning over Taehyung, lowering his voice.

"Shot dead by a scum, a police officer"

Jungkook's glare softens and turns into confusion, he glances down at Taehyung who doesn't even move an inch.

"And that waste of a human was the only one to live afer that? Unfair, don't you think?" He grabs Taehyung by the hair, harshly pulling his head up and forcing him to look at Jungkook.

The man turns his head to look at Taehyung, his hold on his hair painfully stronger "And I really thought you'd grow up to be like your father-"

  "I may have ed up as a kid and traveled down the wrong path....but I did not kill your wife" Taehyung grits trough his teeth "You did it"

The man's suuden laugh echoes trough the room before he pushes Taehyung back down again "Your father was a great man, Kim Taehyung, he'd be so disappointed with you"

Kangdae looks back up at Jungkook "Shoot him" he orders.
Jungkook points the gun down.

The man is loosing patience "He killed your mother and you'll let him off with it?"

"He didn't do it..." Jungkook mumbles, his voice weak "You're lying"
 His father sighs "Not gonna do it? Fine"
Jungkook watches as the man forces Taehyung up onto his feet, holding a dagger up to the males neck. He finds himself pointing the gun up "Put the ing knife down" He says, a sudden rush of power washing trough him.

The man laughs again "You're going to shoot me? Your own father. Have you got the guts?"

"You haven't been a father to me for the past three years"

The man nods his head as if in consideration, he gently moves the blade against Taehyung's neck, forming the slightest scratches. Jungkook's grip on the gun becomes firmer.

"You can't choose family, Jungkook. Now, you decided yet? Taehyung? Or Taehyung and Jimin?"

"Put the goddamn knife down" the younger barks, his voice becoming mlre dominant.

"Fine" he brings the weapon down, forcing Taehyung onto his knees again.

But when Jungkook looks at his father, the man is smiling back at him sickly, and Jungkook realises the knife isn't in his fathers hand anymore.

Instead, Taehyung is clutching onto the blade, a puddle of blood forming at his knees.

Jimin breaks into tears when the older collapses beside him in pain.

Jungkook stares in horror. He feels all the emotions fading, becoming numb as he brings the gun up without hesitation and points it right at his father. Not even wincing at the loud blast of the weapon.