Chapter 7

My Helpline

Jungkook opens his eyes, shivering at the cold. He passed out, still on the floor in the hallway, surrounded by darkness.

Within just a few secconds, reality came crashing down on him, his heart beat increasing and the fear coming back, he feels himself shaking but not from the cold this time. All he can think of is where his father could be at this moment, hoping he's either asleep or gone.

Jungkooks afraid to move, knowing it will cause him great pain, but he can't stay there on the floor. 

Jungkook starts by sitting up, he moves his legs, flinching at the unpleasant feeling. It takes him a few minutes to get up and stand properly, the pain still there. But he learned to ignore that ages ago.

Jungkook didn't realise until now that he was crying, his cheeks stained with tears. He brings his hands up to his face to wipe the tears away, noticing how really shaky and bruised his wrists are.

Finally he starts walking towards his room, each step painful.
He's tired of this, of his father and his life... He's tired of everything.

He tried running away, multiple times. But each time his father found him and the abuse just got worse. Jungkook even went to the police with it, and after reporting who his father is and what he has done, he was put in jail on the same day. But the man always managed to get out in some way.
Because how can you run away from a gang leader? One of the most dangerous men in South Korea?
What Jungkook knows from experience is that you can't.

-----

Taehyung turns in his bed for the tenth time now, he hasn't been able to fall asleep for the last few hours, something just feels off and it's not letting him sleep. 
He stretches his arm to grab the phone on his desk, turning it on to check the time; 1:46am

Groaning, he finally sits up in his bed. Suddenly his phone starts vibrating "Who the hell would call me at this hour?" He mumbles, bringing the phone up to look at it. And when Taehyung sees it's Jungkook's number he immediately picks up.

"Hello?"

Its silent for a moment,
"J-jimin-hyung I can't do this anymore, this is too much for me he's gone to far, I can't I just want to die!" 
The boy is crying, his voice incredibly raspy and trembling, as if he was screaming for and hour straight. The sound and the words make Taehyung's heart beat increase in fear.

"Jungkook, it's Taehyung... What happened?"

It's dead silent on the other end and it takes Taehyung a moment to realise the boy hung up. Wasting no time, he finds the contact and calls again, attempting to keep calm.

Jungkook is sitting on the floor, his knees bent up to his chest and he's staring at the device im front of him. Taehyung calling him for the third time. The phone being the only source of light in his room right now.

"What have you done you idiot" he cries to himself "You were not supposed to get anyone involved" Jungkook pulls at his own hair 'what now?'

He realises the ringing stopped when the room fell dark once againg. Jungkook looks up and grabs his phone to see three new messages from Taehyung.

Taehyung;
Jungkook please pick up

Taehyung;
Please I'm worried

Taehyung;
Don't do anything stupid. Please talk to me

Jungkooks eyes scan over the messages, how does he fix his mistake?

-----

Taehyung stares at the phone in his hand, hoping for a reply.
Minutes pass and suddenly his phone lights up again. He got a message from Jungkook.

Jungkook;
I'm sorry for worrying you but don't, im fine =)

Taehyung scoffs im disbelief 'This guy is something' and he reads over the message a few times just to confirm theres and actual ing smiley face in it.
Thats not going to work on him. He has to help the boy with whatever the problem is.

-----

The morning comes too fast in Jungkook's opinion, he didn't sleep at all. Just sat on the floor, resting his head on the bed and staring at the wall, he doesn't even bother moving. 

It's coming to the point of where he is questioning himself
'Is this what traumatised feels like?"

It's just too much for him, and now he basically told Taehyung he wants to die and the other is butting in.
'Why does he care in the first place? He doesn't know me.... And I don't know him so why do I care what he thinks?!'

Jungkook is about to grab his phone and block Taehyungs contact when he hears footsteps on the stairs. His heart halts and he can feel his stomach twist in disgust and fear. He doesn't dare to make a sound.

Around ten minutes pass and with each second of it Jungkook felt like he's going to have a heart attack. And then he heard the stairs creak again and thank to any power up there, his father went back downstairs.

When Jungkook hears the car engine from outside, he finally stands up to confirm that it's his father leaving.

He turns around just a bit too fast, his vision blurry before going black and Jungkook breathes in deeply to calm.

He feels his phone vibrate and when Jungkook catches balance, he takes it out and stares at the callers ID. Taehyung.

'I should end it properly'

And he finally answers the call  but stays silent.

"Hello? Jungkook?" He hears the deep voice and feels shivers.

"Hi um, yeah..."

"Are you ok?"

"Yea.."

"Jungkook what happened last night?"

Jungkook thinks for a moment "I'm sorry about that call, I didn't mean to call or w-worry you. Please forget it happened"

He hears a sigh "Listen I know we're strangers, and you may feel uncomfortable, but if you want to talk-"

"Im ok. I know you mean well but getting someone involved in this is the last thing I want-"
  "Jungkook-"
"I want you to delete my contact and just pretend nothing ever happened"

"Wai- Jungkook! Please! Lets talk... It, uhm. It doesn't have to be about whatever you're going trough. Lets just talk, about anything...!"

Jungkook stays silent, debating on ending the call but then Taehyung speaks up again

"How old are you?" Jungkook hears him ask.

The boy hesitates "... Nineteen"

"So you're finished school?"

"Uhm no, I was moved back a year, I'm finishing now"

"Ah ok... What music do you listen to?"

The younger is slightly take back by the question "Anything, I like different styles?"

"That's cool, do you like BigBang?"

Jungkook doesn't realise the small smile creeping up to his face "Yeah, I like them, a lot"

"Me too! Which member do you like most?"

"G-dragon!" And now Jungkook is actually smiling.

"Good choice, I like T.O.P though. have you ever been to any of their concerts?"

Jungkook bites his lip "No.."

"Im sure you'll get a chance to some day"

The younger wants to laugh, as if his bitter reality would allow him such a thing as going to a concert "Yea maybe"

"I've to go, responsibilities are calling" Taehyung sighs "Hey I expect to talk to you later! And before I leave, whats your full name?"

Only after saying it, does Jungkook realise his mistake,
 "Jeon Jungkook"

It's dead silent on the other line.