Chapter 23.

My Helpline

Jungkook sighs when he hears the doorbell's sound travel trough the apartment. But he isn't sure whether it was a sigh of relief or irritation.

He just hopes that Taehyung's unreadable expression isn't regret for whatever was about to happen. The older lets go of Jungkook's hands and gets off with a whisper of "sorry" before walking out to open the door.
Jungkook quickly stands up, patting his clothes down into place before trying to act as natural as possible, his thoughts racing. Not wasting any time he grabs his phone before dropping himself on the couch and pretending to use it.

Just then Taehyung walks back in with Namjoon behind him.
"Hey kid" the older smiles at Jungkook. 
The boy glances at the bag hung over Namjoon's shoulder "Hi mister post man" he mumbles before turning back to his phone.

Namjoon rolls his eyes "So, what kind of trouble are you two in now?"

"I'll give you the full story tomorrow at tge office" Taehyung says, resting his back against the kitchen counter "Aren't you suppose to be working?"
Namjoon nods "Yea but I've a break now and came to drop this" he says, opening the bag and pulling out what seems like two guns.

Taehyung lifts a brow at him "And the hell do we need this for?"
Namjoon hands one gun to Taehyung "To protect your endangered asses"
He lays the other gun on the coffee table in front of Jungkook.
The boy glances at the weapon in front of him, pressing his lips together.

By now Taehyung could figure out that it's Jungkook's habit to do that when he's nxious. He turns his gaze back to Namjoon "Are guns necessary?"

"You don't have to shoot anyone, just show that your armed... Unless you have no other choice" Namjoon says "The threat now is just as dangerous as before, we're dealing with the same people"

Taehyung glances at Jungkook who immediately turns his face away, looking back at the gun. He walks up to the boy, resting a hand on his shoulder and giving it a gentle squeeze as if to say "It's going to be okay" and leaning over to pick the weapon up.

He walks back to Namjoon with the gun, resting it on the counter "Okay, thanks for that"
Namjoon gives a nod before glancing at his watch "I'll get going, breaks almost over" he says "Watch out for yourselves" He turns around, Taehyung walks him to the door.

He says his goodbye and shuts the door behind Namjoon before walking back into the sitting room. Jungkook is sitting in the same place, fidgeting with the phone in his hand trying to get his thoughts together.
Taehyung walks up to him"It's going to be fine"

Jungkook's fidgeting stops and he looks up at Taehyung "What's going to be fine?" He huffs "Do you know how many people my father worked with? They're all over Korea! You think you can catch all of them?"

"Jungkook-!"

"I'm tired of all this, it won't end! And if not you then-"

"Then what?!" Taehyung's voice is louder than even he himself expected "Come on explain it to me, if not me then would the situation be any better?"

"Yes!" Jungkook stands up "Because then you wouldn't be in danger and I wouldn't have to be here!"
  "Then where would you be, with an abusive parent!?"

"Dead!" He exclaims "I'd be dead!"

Taehyung lowers his voice "Don't say that"

Jungkook looks to the side, his lips before turning back to Taehyung "You're the only reason I'm here, I can't leave you with a problem I caused" he mumbles "I don't have anyone, my both parents are dead, Jimin will do just fine without me. Yoongi-..." He sighs "Yoongi and I aren't as close as we were before" he stares right at Taehyung, his vision turning blurry from the tears that he's trying to hold back "You're the only person that still thinks I'm able to be saved, but sooner or later you'll realize you can't, and leave me like everyone else"

Taehyung pulls the younger closer, wrapping his arms around him "I won't" his voice echoes around the silent room "You have me and I promise that I will never leave you, no matter what. I'll always be here for you"

"Why are you so sure of that?" Jungkook manages a whisper.


"Because I love you"