Chapter 4

My Helpline

His heart beats faster with each step

 

 

 

 


Finally, after what felt like days, Jungkook walks out of the school building. He sighs, happy that the seven miserable hours in that place are over, but unfortunately this means the rest of the day in another yet even more miserable place, his own home.

Jungkook pulls his phone out, plugging in his earphones. Music is something to Jungkook that nobody would really understand, it's an escape from his cruel reality, from his father and from the dangerously strong hatred towards life which he holds.

But when he turns the device on, he's immediately struck with confusion, his apps are displaced, some even missing and the wallpaper is different. And he's quick to realize it isn't his phone.

-----

After finally getting home and changing into dry clothing, Taehyung decided to take a nap.

But that didn't happen. Instead of resting, he's sitting on the sofa, arms crossed over his chest and he's staring at the smart phone on the coffee table in front of him.

Taehyung is ridiculously curious and frustrated, he wants to know who has his phone but the device has no social media apps on it and looking trough the owners messages is not possible because the guy has a lock on any contact apps. Not as if it would help him figure anything out anyway. But being able to call his own phone from this one would be really helpful.

What makes Taehyung especially curious is just how secretive the owner of this phone seems.

He figures the most easy way is to go to the cafe tomorrow morning and hope he'll meet the guy again.

And he hoped, but four days have passed and Taehyung hasn't seen the guy yet. It's day five, Friday, and he's hopelessly sitting in the cafe, not even expecting the stranger to come anymore, maybe he should just leave it be.

Taehyung finishes his coffee and grabs his stuff, giving up on waiting and starting to make his way out.
But just as he opens the door, he is met with someone fairly familiar.

-----

Jungkook sighs, sitting on his bed with the strangers phone in his hand. Well, not quite a stranger as it comes out.

Jungkook had to have his own phone back, if someone was to actually somehow unlock any of the apps he has locked, just the thought of somebody looking through the private things he written down makes him uneasy. And even worse if someone would read through his and his father's messages, which are made up off name calling to threats to even worse things. His father going to jail is the last thing Jungkook would want because he's sure as hell it would kick him in the later in life. The man was in jail multiple times before, and he always got out.

But this whole worry thing instantly disappeared when he found out who this phone belongs to.
And it's ridiculous that out of everyone in the whole of Seoul he could meet in that small coffee shop, it was that one dude he accidentally called.
If Taehyung has somehow figured out he has Jungkooks phone, the teen wants to avoid meeting him. Taehyung will want to help, and Jungkook doesn't want anyone else involved in this, what if the boy got hurt because of it? Jungkooks father is dangerous, more than anyone would expect.

Jungkook finally puts the phone in his pocket and grabs his bag, slinging it over his shoulder and walking out of the room. On his way down the stairs, he pauses at the last six steps when he hears voices, his father must have one of his friends over. Jungkook's heart stops, the one thing that gets his father extremely mad is when Jungkook is anywhere around while he's in business, he gets a great excuse to punish the boy after.

He is about to take a step back up the stairs when he realizes it's too late "what the are you still doing here?" He hears the familiar gruff voice and suddenly his father appears at the bottom of the stairs "and what did I ing tell you about getting anywhere near me when I'm ing busy?!" Before Jungkook can say anything, the man makes a few steps up and drags Jungkook down by his arm, making the boy stumble and trip at the bottom of the stairs. He yanks Jungkook up, pulling at his hair making the younger yelp.
"You're lucky you've school or else I'd beat the out of you brat!" He growls, letting go of Jungkook's hair and pushing him to the ground before walking away.

Jungkook groans when he hits the hard floor, doing everything in his strength to quickly push himself up and leave the house. Only after exiting and walking for about ten minutes does he get the sudden urge to cry, and he's not able to stop the hot tears that are now flowing down his cheeks.

When Jungkook gets closer to the more busy streets he forces himself to calm down, wiping the tears away with the back of his hand and taking in deep breaths until he's sure he won't break down again.

Another few minutes of walking and he passes the familiar shops he walks by each day. As he keeps walking, he spots someone leaving the cafe he stopped at a few days ago, his body stopping against his will as he realizes who it is, Jungkook's mind is screaming at him to keep walkimg but he just can't.

And when the person looks back at him, Jungkook knows it's already too late to walk away. He prays the other doesn't actually know it's Jungkook.
He watches as the boy approaches him and his heart rate speeds up.

"Hey, um, we met here a while ago and I think we took each other's phones?" Taehyung laughs awkwardly.
From what it seems, the other isn't aware of anything major so Jungkook gives a shy smile "Ah yea, here" he pulls out the phone from his pocket, suddenly worried 'what if something happened to the phone after the incident with his father?
Thankfully when he hands the phone to Taehyung, he spots no cracks on the screen, hopefully it works.
"Thanks and sorry about that" Taehyung gives Jungkook his phone back and the, seemingly younger of the two, bows "It was my fault, and thank you"

Just when Jungkook thinks everything is under control, Taehyung extends his hand forward "Kim Taehyung"

''

Jungkook shakes it hesitantly, his thoughts racing trying to come up with something to not give himself away "Jeon... Jinyoung"