Chapter 26.

My Helpline

It's almost been a month since Jungkook moved in and quite a few things changed, both good and bad. 

Jungkook settled in a bit better, but he won't let himself do it completely, knowing he'll have to move out sooner or later. He managed to sell his house to a property company which gave him more money than he expected to get, so he doesn't have to worry much when he's to move out.

Taehyung noticed Jungkook way of being changed a bit too, he's slightly more open, maybe even acts his age. He was really serious for a nineteen year old, he seemed more mature than Taehyung at times. Now he even smiles more, jokes around and just seems a bit happier.

But nothing really got better, he's still worried to death each time Taehyung leaves for work or shopping and it seems like the worry is worse each day. Taehyung is having problems with finding any people that worked for Kangdae, it's like they disappeared into thin air, but they can't give up, they have to stay cautious because anything can happen. Worst part is, they don't know when something will happen, and it's driving both males crazy.

Even though the worries and problems are still there, whenever Jungkook wakes up he feels safer, whenever Taehyung comes back from work he feels happier, even if it's just a bit. And there has been a time when the younger was sitting at the table, eating cereal and glancing at Taehyung who was sitting in front of him and thought "Maybe I could be happy at some point"

Weeks passed after his talk with Jimin in the park and the topic was never brought up again, but there was a time Jungkook tried speaking with Taehyung, indirectly ask about his life. But at that moment, he realized that Taehyung is much more smarter and cautious than he thought, because the older looked at him with an expression he never seen and went "Maybe I'll tell you in the future"

And it angered Jungkook because it wasn't fair.
"How am I supposed to love you if I don't even know you?" was something that Jungkook regretted right afer he said it, instantly shutting his mouth close and looking away, feeling awfully guilty, he knew that was a step too far.

But Taehyung only laughed it off bitterly, because "You're not supposed to love me"

They stayed in separate rooms and as far away from each other as possible for two days. Jungkook simply because he was awkward about what he said and really fwlt regret, he didn't mean it. And Taehyung just didn't want to annoy Jungkook if the boy didn't want to speak with him.
It ended up with both of them apologizing, deciding it's best to forget it.

Jungkook still did learn a few things about Taehyung, main one being: he is happy just to make others happy. There was a day where Taehyung just wasn't what he usually was, he wasn't positive, he wasn't outgoing and he wasn't what Jungkook is used to. But when Jungkook asked if there's a problem Taehyung gave a gentle smile and answered with a "Just tired"
What the younger figured was that when Taehyung does have something bugging him, he'll stay quiet and keeps it to himself until it goes away.

Which Jungkook knows is bad to do, but he won't tell Taehyung because that would be very hypocritical of him.

He has been trying to figure Taehyung out for days without directly asking, but it's harder than he expected. There's just something more to Taehyung than you'd think.

 

Jungkook is sitting on the couch in silence, tapping his fingers on his phone because Taehyung isn't picking up, he was supposed to be back an hour ago and it's raining, heavily. Fear that he hasn't felt in a while is coming back and he's not welcoming it. Jungkook would call Namjoon but he doesn't have his number and Yoongi said both males left work on time, when it still wasn't raining, Namjoon certainly going home after splitting ways with Taehyung.

Anxiety is practically eating at him and the worst part is, he doesn't know what to do. Sitting there, staring at the balcony door as raindrops violently hit off of it and slide down, he wonders what if this is the day where the little hope he had went to and whoever was after them, finally got them. He always woke up early in the morning just to remind Taehyung to "Be careful, please" hoping it would change his ed up fate's plans. 

There's a loud thud in the hallway that pulls Jungkook back into reality. The sound of doors being kicked open and footsteps getting slightly closer. Jungkook feels the same fear he did when his father always came back home. But this time he's able to do something, so he quickly grabs the gun which they hid under the couch and stands up, taking quiet steps towards the hallway.

He quickly takes the sharp turn and is about to point the gun up but stops.
Taehyung is standing at the end of the hall, shutting the door behind himself, drenched, holding his jacket in one hand and his white shirt practically see trough, sticking to his body.

"What the I was about to pull the gun on you" Jungkook sighs in both frustration and relief, turning around to walk back into the room.

"Do it"

The younger pauses instantly, he turns back and looks up at Taehyung slowly in confusion "What-?"

"Pull the ing gun on me, shoot me, do it"

The boys completely lost, he slowly places the gun down on a small shelve with a mirror, walking up to the older "Taehyung what the hell are you-" and he stops when the sharp scent of alcohol reaches him. Jungkook sighs.
"You idiot" he grumbles, walking up closer and grabbing Taehyung by his hand, flinching at how cold it is. He pulls him to the sitting room "You'll get sick" he scolds.

"I'm tired" Taehyung mumbles "I'm tired of myself"

"Tae-"

"I don't deserve anything I have"

"Taehyung."

"I can't live with myself like that anymore"

Jungkook isn't sure what to do "Hyung you're not making sense, go change and go to sleep"

"You're still here, putting your own life at risk just to make sure I'm okay, but you should move out and leave me"

Jungkook stares at him confused "I can't do that-"
"I'm an awful person Jungkook"
"What are you talking about?" The younger exclaims, done with his riddles.

"I could stand here for the whole night listing reasons why you should take that goddamn gun and shoot me"

Jungkook stares at him as if the guy is insane "You're ing wasted-"

"'I did some messed up things as a teenager'... I ment it when I told you that" he reminds "I can't keep lying to you, you were right when you said you don't know me, and I am terrified of you knowing me"

Jungkook doesn't know what to say, he feels lost.

"You really should take your money and leave, save yourself and forget you ever met me"

Jungkook furrows his brows in confusion "I won't do that, I don't want to, I have no reason to"

Taehyung's bitter laugh echos through the room "A reason? Oh I've plenty of those" he barks.
"I remember," he stretches the words, pointing his finger as he speaks with a sickening smirk "the time my father decided I'm 'ready'" he says, emphasizing 'ready' and his lips.
 "When he brought me to the basement where my mother was standing, shaking in fear and a man tied down on his knees, and my father looked at me" Taehyung's gaze turns to Jungkook, his eyes red, he brushes the top of his hand over his runny nose.
"He looked at me, handed me a pistol and said 'kill him or I'll kill her'" 

Taehyung looks around, not knowing where to leave his gaze, that pained half smile still on his face "Guess how many people I had to kill like that" he breathes, looking back at the younger "Come on, guess"

Jungkook shakes his head, trying to indicate that he doesn't know, he wants to tell Taehyung to calm down but he's not able to force words out.

"I don't even ing know, I lost count!" He shouts.

Jungkook flinches, staring at the older in pain. His heart shattering hearing what the older is telling him.

"I remember when I finally couldn't take it and refused to kill someone, because I hoped with all my heart that he wouldn't kill his own ing wife..." His low voice slowly turns hoarse "But he did kill her"

Jungkook doesn't know how to feel about everything he just heard "Taehyung,"

"You should leave me"

"No" Jungkook shakes his head, eyes still on the older "No I shouldn't, I don't want to"

"I'm-"

"An awful person?" Jungkook cuts in "A murderer? Messed up?" He questions "Im all of those and more yet you treat me with care and as if I deserve it!" He takes a step forward "If you can do that, I can too"

With each step that brings Jungkook closer Taehyung steps back, slightly more sober than he was when first walking into the apartment.

Jungkook never had to deal with a situation like this; where someone else feels lost and pained. He doesn't quite know what to do. So he does what Taehyung did when he was troubled. He wraps his arms around Taehyung's cold body, pulling him closer.
"I don't care what you did, I will stay by your side, maybe not forever, but for as long as I can"

 

Jungkook lets out a gentle sigh as he stands in the doorway from Taehyung's room, watching as Taehyung falls asleep. He managed to get him to change and dry up, then get him to bed. It was a slight hassle but he did it.

Jungkook doubt's he'll get much sleep this night with so much on mind, but that isn't really what bothers him, wha does is the anxious feeling he gets at the thought of the next morning.