Chapter 29.

My Helpline

Jungkook stares at the two smoking cars, one armored. His heart feels like it'll rip out of his chest any moment.

That's when he notices the larger vehicle's door open, a familiar face appearing; The man that came to Jungkook's house that day, threatening him.

"This wasn't an accident" Jungkook says, voice extremely shaky. Then he remembers 'Yoongi always had a gun under the seat' he quickly leans down, and that habit hasn't changed because there is in fact a gun there.

"What?" Yoongi turns to him, lost, it's the fist time he doesn't know what to do.

"This guy worked for my father, this was planned!" Jungkook explains, opening the door and exiting the car.

"Jungkook!" Yoongi shouts "Get back in the car!"
But the younger starts running towards the crashed vehicles.

Taehyung's car's doors are kicked open, Namjoon stumbling out, his arms covered in blood, most likely from protecting himself.

The man walks up to Namjoon with a smirk plastered on his face, pointing his assault rifle down at the officer.

Jungkook doesn't hesitate, all anger taking over and he points his gun up, now walking. He pulls the trigger, hitting the man in the arm, making him drop the weapon.

"!" He cries, squeezing at his arm as he glares at Jungkook, who walks up to him, enraged.

The younger points the gun up again, this time shooting at the man's leg. He falls to the ground in pain, looking up at Jungkook's merciless eyes as the boy keeps the gun aimed at him, pulling the trigger one more time.

He should have done in ages ago.


Jungkook doesn't know how long he has been standing on the street, emotionlessly. The gun that was once in his hand dropped to the ground. The streets illuminated by red and blue lights coming from the parked police cars around them.

But everything's faded: the sound of the police and ambulance sirens, the shouts of officers as they handcuff any other gang memebers they found in the armored car. 

Jungkook can only stand and stare at the black, crashed vehicle in front of him. He is afraid to move, praying, begging, any power that's listening to him, that this is just a nightmare.

Buy only when Yoongi walks up to him with a tear stained face, crying, wrapping his arms around Jungkook, shaking his head in sorrow and disbelief, does the boy break down.

"No," Jungkook cries "No, no, no" he tries pushing Yoongi off, trying to get closer to Taehyung's car to confirm what Yoongi means. But the older does everything in his strength to hold him back until the boy gives up, his legs give out and he drops to his knees in agony.

"No this isn't real" he cries, pulling at Yoongi's hand "This isn't real, hyung please tell me this is just a nightmare!" He begs "Please tell me Tae is alive"

But all Yoongi can do is hug the younger and cry with him.

..........

"Hello...umm, i-is this the suicide helpline?"

"...Sorry, it isn't"

..........

"Hey um, you mixed up my phone number with the...suicide hotline, but you ca- I mean, I could listen to you.."

"But you're a stranger..."

..........

"Wai- Jungkook! Please! Lets just talk, about anything...! What music do you listen to?"

"Anything, I like different styles?"

"That's cool, do you like BigBang?"

"Yeah, I like them, a lot"

"Have you ever been to any of their concerts?"

"No.."

"Im sure you'll get a chance to some day"

"Yeah...maybe"

..........

"I don't expect you to have an answer, but is there a chance we'll talk tomorrow?"

"Yeah... There is a chance"

"That's nice to hear, goodnight Jungkook, sleep well"

"Goodnight"

..........

"Taehyung I'll warn you, just like I did two years ago, this is dangerous, and you could regret it"

"I'll regret it if Jungkook dies because I'm too afraid to take the job up"

..........

"Sorry..."

'he can't possibly recognize me'

"Jungkook!"

..........

"Whats your astrology sign?"

"Virgo...why?"

"Point your finger at that star.

Now connect these....

that's a Virgo"

..........

"Let the boy go, Jeon" 
"Do whatever you ing want with me.. But let Taehyung go"

..........

"I don't want you to be in danger because of me again, I don't want you to get hurt" 

"You never put me in danger, it was my choice...I promise you nothing will happen to either of us"

..........

"You have me and I promise that I will never leave you, no matter what. I'll always be here for you"

"Why are you so sure of that?"

"Because I love you"

..........

"I love you"

..........


Yoongi's heart shatters as he holds the shaking boy in his hands, not being able to form words.

"He promised!" Jungkook cries "He promised he wouldn't leave me!"


Whether it was a gloomy day, where he was locked away in his room, tracing the bruises on his arm with his finger... Whether he was out with his childhood friend, talking nonsense, eating ice cream and acting like he's fine... Whether he was laying on the grass in the park at 11am, staring up at the shinning stars and connecting them with someone who in the end, ment the universe to him or whether he was dying of fear deep inside while staring at that person and wording his first "I love you"
Jungkook always, secretly, deep down, knew a happy ending wasn't his fate. He just didn't want to believe it.

And he'd say his reason to live died that day...but Taehyung didn't stay at work till 2am for nothing, he didn't worry over Jungkook just for it all to end like this.
Taehyung didn't die for Jungkook just so that the boy could take his own life in the end.

Jungkook's reason to live didn't die, because Taehyung done everything to make sure Jungkook lives; from calling him back when the boy dialed the wrong number, to putting his own life on line. 
He very much has a reason to live. Taehyung wanted him to live.

                                           -----


It's the day when exactly a year passes since the accident.

"You got everything?"

Jungkook looks back at Mark before glancing around their dorm. "Uh, yea I think so"

Tonight a year passes since Jungkook lost him. And nine months since he last seen Jimin or Yoongi.

He went to college after a painfully long summer. He moved to busan, not being able to stay in Seoul, it just hurt being there.

He kept in contact with the two, maybe even occasionally texting Namjoon, but he never found the courage to visit them. 
Now he has no choice.

"Come on you'll be late for the train" Mark smiles, grabbing Jungkook's hand and pulling him out of the apartment.

He knew he had to go back there eventually.

 

"Hey, don't forget to text me when you get there, yeah?" Mark smiles as he watches people pour out of the train.
Jungkook smiles back at his friend and nods "I won't forget, don't worry"

 

To Jimin;

Jungkook;
I'm on the train, I'll be there in a while

Jimin;
Can't wait!

Jimin;
Me and Yoongi will wait for you at the park bridge, see you there Kookie

 


Jungkook swallows the lump forming in his throat, the moment he steps out of the train and onto the pavement, he feels something he hasn't felt in a long time. There's just something about Seoul that makes it feel home, but in an odd way.

He looks around at the people, everyone greeting someone with a smile, the sky is a light mix of pink and purple, it's not cold but it isn't too warm either, and it would be a perfect day. Only if.

He starts walking out of the station and towards the familiar park close by.
Maybe he should have asked Jimin to meet somewhere else.

The sound of his suitcase's wheels on the hard ground is the only thing Jungkook can hear as he walks through the empty park.
He looks up at the trees, cherry blossoms to be exact.

And it really, could have been a perfect day.

 

Jungkook slows down as he starts getting closer to the bridge. He feels his heartbeat increase insanely with each step. Even by looking at the ground as he walks, Jungkook knows he's getting closer to his destination. Until he stops.

He lifts his gaze up to the bridge, expecting to see Jimin and Yoongi.

But it's empty. He looks around, but the park is deserted.
"Maybe they're late..." He mumbles, walking up towards the bridge.

Jungkook stops when he reaches the middle, he lets go of his suitcase and sighs, resting his hands on the railing. He looks down at the water.

Last time he stood here like this, looking down, the water was as black as the sky above him, but his cold hand was held by someone else's, much warmer one...

"You never put me in danger, it was my choice" he whispered "We'll do something about this, I promise you nothing will happen to either of us"

Jungkook's vision blurs as he stares at his own reflection "You promised" He mumbles "You said neither of us.... But you lied" Jungkook breaks into sobs "And now you're gone, I'm still alive but it should have been the other way around" Jungkook brings his hands up to his face, rubbing his eyes, trying to stop the tears but he can't help it.


       'Taehyung swore to himself that he'll die before he let's Jungkook get hurt ever again.'

"It hurts" Jungkook cries, glaring at the water as if the older was there "How could you leave me...?"

"I couldn't"

The voice behind him is low, heart piercingly familiar, and Jungkook slowly turns around.

"And I didn't"


          'The older swore, but he didn't quite keep it; Because Jungkook was hurt, yet Taehyung didn't die.'

 

 

 

 

 

The End.

 

 

Or is it?