Chapter 5

My Helpline

After a smal talk the two males part ways. Jungkook sighs in relief, glad the other wasn't able to look through his phone.
As he reaches and walks through the school's gate he feels his phone vibrate in his pocket, a beeping sound signaling he got a message. Jungkook instantly pulls it out, assuming it's Taehyung. And of course he was right.

Taehyung; hey, you there?

Jungkook stares down at his phone, biting his lip, trying to reason with himself. Maybe he should stop talking with the guy? If he gets closer to Jungkook he might end up getting hurt, in many ways. Jungkook already has Jimin to worry about and vice versa. God if not Jimin, Jungkook would be long gone.
His phone vibrates again.

Taehyung; I'm so sorry for this week, I had an issue with my phone and couldn't text you.

Taehyung; Please text back as soon as possible im worried

'Worried.... A stranger worried about me' Jungkook thinks. The only person to care or worry about Jungkook is Jimin, he always has, from the very beginning of their friendship he looked out for Jungkook. Even when everything was still okay, when his mother was still alive and before his life changed to hell. 
Jungkook thinks over his choices some more before finally deciding to text back.

Jungkook; it's ok, and there's nothing to worry about :)

He puts his phone back into his pocket, suddenly there's a weight over his shoulders and he turns around to be met with a bright smile.
"What are you doing?" Jimin lifts an eyebrow at the younger in question.
"Standing obviously" Jungkook smiles. Suddenly his phone beeps again, Jimin stares at him, confused.

Not even Jimin texts him, knowing it could get the younger into trouble with his father. He also is aware that Jungkook's father doesn't text him either... Well, unless he's done something "wrong".

Jimin's expression changes into fear.
"Your dad?" The older asks, his voice getting quiet.
Jungkook doesn't know how to answer. He can't say it is, because Jimin will start panicking, he doesn't want to say it isn't either because he doesn't want him to find out about Taehyung. He plans on getting rid of his contact anyways.

"Jungkook, was that your father?" This time Jimin's voice is more demanding.
"It was probably some random notification" he starts walking but Jimin grabs his arm, pulling him back and taking the phone out of his pocket. Jungkook flinches, clenching his teeth at the effort to not make any sound from the pain in his arm. He must have gotten hurt there earlier today.

The older immediately notices Jungkook's pained expression, completely forgetting about the device now. "I'm so sorry I didn't mean to hurt you!" Jimin panics. Jungkook shakes his head and forces a smile "It's okay! You didn't do anything to me"
"But you looked really hur-t..." Jimin's pauses and his voice fades out, he looks up from Jungkook's arm and at the boy "He did something, didn't he?"
"N-no! No I'm fine, nothing happened" the younger tries reassuring, but Jimin doesn't look convinced "What did he do exactly?" The older asks instead.
"Jimin, really, nothing happened, you just startled me-" "Jungkook stop trying to lie, you're awful at it"

The two boys keep silent for a moment. Jimin finally decides to do something, he gently grabs Jungkook's wrist, pulling the younger behind him. "Jimin what are you doing?"
"We're going somewhere private"

Jungkook has no choice but to allow Jimin pull him around the school. The older walks them to the bathroom and before Jungkook can ask any questions, he's pushed into one of the stalls, Jimin walks in right after him and locks the stall.
"Jimin what are you-!" Jungkook stops when the older starts ping his hoodie, pulling it off the younger, leaving him in a tank top "H-hyung!"

When Jimin gets the hoodie off, he looks over Jungkook's bare arms. He looks shocked "What happened?" He whispers, still checking the boy's bruised arms. There are purple marks forming on his skin, clearly new ones. There are also a couple of older, darker ones. 

When Jungkook doesn't answer, Jimin repeats himself, this time angered "Jungkook what did he do?!"
"Nothing" Jungkook grabs his hoodie "Those are old" he starts putting on the piece of clothing.
Before Jungkook can look back up, Jimin is already gone. He sighs when he hears the bell ring and leavs for his class.

 

Taehyung finds himself at a bridge again. He wasn't able to take many pictures the last time because of the rain. He starts making his way up to the center, looking past the railing and at the water, admiring how the sun's light reflects on it.

As he walks further his attention switches to the writing on the railing, he stars reading the sentences 'How are you?' 'It gets better' 'have you eaten yet?' 'It's a beautiful view'  And so the short sentences go on as he walks. 
They look like a nice addition to the bridge, especially at night when the words light up. But Taehyung knows they aren't here just for decoration, they're there to prevent suicide. 
When Korea came to be a country with the highest suicide rate, it decided to add those to the bridges to catch people's attention if they thought of Jumping. There are cameras every few meters too so that the bridges are monitored at all times.

Taehyung stops when he's pleased with the view, he looks around for a moment before taking his camera out and starting to take pictures. 
It seems like a while since the last time he has been to this specific place, over two years ago. He hasn't come here since the shooting, when he was still called the higher ranked officer.

 

Jungkook feels his heart beat faster when the last bell rings, signaling it's the end of school. It's one of those times where he wants to stay away from home even if it means staying in a place he hates. 

Jungkook hasn't talked to Jimin for the whole day which just makes him feel worse, he hates when the older is angry because of him. The boy is about to exit the building when someone walks up to him, to his surprise it's Jimin.
"Would you... Be allowed to come over to mine?"

Jungkook knows his friend doesn't want him to go home, especially when he's convinced Jungkook's father is mad at him, but if he goes without his dad knowing or even if he tries asking, it will get even worse.
He turns to give Jimin a small reassuring smile "Maybe some other day" he keeps on walking.
"Jungkook I can't let you go there" Jimin follows.
"And do I have a choice?"
"You could try-"
"No I can't hyung" he turns around, staring at Jimin "Remember what happened the last time I ran away?"
 Jimin sighs in defeat "Just... I don't know, just promise me you'll be ok"
 Jungkook smiles "I promise hyung"