Chapter 19

My Helpline

Jungkook swallows the lump forming in his throat, silently praying.
"Please... Please tell me Taehyung is okay"

Yoongi forces a sad smile and looks back at Jungkook "He lost a lot of blood, but the chances of him living are larger than him-...." He trails off "Don't worry-"

"Don't worry?" Jungkook stares at him in disbelief "He could have died because of me" he exclaims "He still can! and you want me not to worry?!"

"Kookie calm down-" Jimin tries, his voice just above a whisper. The room turns silent, nobody knowing what to say.

Jungkook looks around "When can I leave?"

"What-"

"When can I leave the hospital?" He repeats persistently.

Yoongi looks hesitant, he doesn't trust Jungkook with leaving on his own, and knowing him well, that's the boy's plan. But he'll find out anyways, whats the point in lying? 
  "You didn't have any major injuries," he starts, once again hesitating "You're free to leave after five today. Of course depending on your well being"

"What time is it now?"

Yoongi stays quiet. Jimin turns to the younger "Where are you going to go?"

Jungkook stares at him as if it's the most obvious thing "Where else? My house"

Jimin just slowly nods and looks down "It's around twelve" he mumbles. Jungkook sighs in frustration 'five more hours'

"I'll go talk to my boss" Yoongi turns to walk out "I'll be back by five"

When they're left alone, Jimin grabs a bag laying at his feet "I got you some clothes that you left at my house before"
Jungkook smiles at him "Thank you" he mumbles. Jungkook looks as if he wants to say something more but decides against it and looks away. 

The image of Taehyung on his knees, clutching the knife and trying to cath his breath, flashes before him. It's haunting, and it's painful. And all Jungkook can do is hope Taehyung will be okay.

Jungkook quickly turns to Jimin in sudden relasation. "Are you okay?"
  The older looks up in surprise "Uhm yes?"

Jungkook moves the covers off of himself, pushing all the pain caused by movement to the back if his mind and pulls Jimin into a hug "I'm so sorry, you were there too and I haven't even asked-"
Jimin immediately hugs back "It's fine, you must have much on your mind"
 The younger pulls away after a moment, he examines Jimins face properly. There are a few scratches and a small bruise at his jawline, but other than that it seems ok. Jimin gives a small smile "See, I'm fine"

Jungkook smiles back. He then remembers "Does your mom know about what happened?"

The older nods "She came by a while ago to check on you but you were still unconscious , she was a bit freaked out at the beginning but Yoongi spoke with her and calmed her down" he says. Jungkook nods.

Jimin looks down at his knees "She suggested you stay with us... At least for a week or two"
 Jungkook could have guessed she'll do that, Jimin's mother is a caring lady, and once was best friends with his mom after all  "I don't want to be a bother, and I'll be fine by myself" he says.

The older finally makes eye contact "It's a bad idea, staying all alone. Especially after what happened" Jimin speaks, his voice more dominant.

"I'll be fine"

"You won't be a bother, and you shouldn't go back to that house-"

"I said, I'll be fine"

Jimin sighs after a moment of silence. He stands up "You never want help" he groans "You never ask anyone for anything. Why are you so selfless?"

Jungkook doesn't say anything, instead he just keeps staring at Jimin, because the older probably knows the answer to his own question. 

"I'll come in an hour, please rest till then" Jimin mumbles, and with that he leaves the room.

Jungkook lays back in the bed, curling into himself under the covers and closing his eyes. He feels lost and hopeless. What is he suppose to do now?

-----

Yoongi walks into the other hospital room, immediately being met with his boss standing against a wall, arms crossed, smiling, presumably at Taehyung.
When Yoongi turns to the white bed, he feels weight drop off of his heart, smiling at Taehyung who's awake now.

The younger is looking back at them with hooded eyes and a gentle smile.

"You're crazy" Yoongi says, smiling back. Taehyung would laugh but he knows it'll cause pain "That's why you're friends with me" he says.

Taehyung's smile falls after a moment "How Jimin and Jungkook?"
  Yoongi shoves his hands in his jeans pockets "Jimin is fine, he's a bit shaken after everything but that's really it"

Taehyung nods "That's good... And Jungkook, is he okay?"

Yoongi looks down "Physically.."

Taehyung stares at him "And mentally?"

Yoongi doesn't answer, not knowing how. 
"Hyung." Taehyung insists.

"I don't know.. But how would you feel in his place?" Yoongi looks up "He's blaming himself for what happened to you"

Taehyung closes his eyes, sighing.
  "We should get him into therapy" Mr.Choi speaks up "That boy went trough a lot"
Taehyung opens his eyes again "I thought of it too... But do you think he'd want to?"

Choi walks up forward, grabbing his coat "I don't know. But we'll figure something out. I need to get back to the office, I'll check in later. Rest well"
Taehyung nods at his boss and the man leaves the room.

A moment of silence passes and Yoongi slowly walks to sit on the cair beside Taehyung's bed. Nobody speaks, the older just stares at Taehyung with the slightest smile.

Taehyung looks back at him, seeing how Yoongi is staring at him with that smile, as if he knows something.
The younger lifts a brow at him "What?"

Yoongi keeps his eyes on Taehyung "When we went to the bar after work, you had to leave... Jungkook texted you" he assumes.

"I thought it was him, he asked for help"

The older still doesn't look away "You're too smart... you knew it could be something dangerous, yet you still went" he says "You'd die for him"

Taehyung takes a moment to look around the hospital room, then back at Yoongi with a smirk "You think so?" He says sarcastically, lifting gis brow again.

Yoongi let's out a short breathy laugh, but he keeps his eyes on Taehyung.

"What's your problem? Stop being creepy" Taehyung chuckles, looking away from the older.

"You must have fallen hard for him"

Taehyung's smile fades and he hesitantly looks back at Yoongi "What?"

"For Jungkook"

Taehyung wants to say something but words won't leave his mouth. How is he suppose to answer?

Yoongi stands up, the smile not leaving his face "I've to go too, I'll come with the boss later"

Taehyung lays back with another sigh, closing his eyes.

'Have I fallen for him?'

-----

Three hours pass and Jungkook finally managed to get permission to leave early. By the time Jimin or Yoongi come back he'll be gone.

Grabbing the bag Jimin gave him the clothes in, he reaches for his pocket just to realise he doesn't have a phone anymore. He sighs, grabbing the keys he's been given to his house and walking out of the room.

Jungkook walks trough the few hallways, finding his way to the lift and going to the first floor.

He walks past everyone and towards the reception to sign himself out.

"And that should be it" the lady behind the counter says, grabbing the paper he signed. 
Jungkook is about to walk away, but he hesitates. He looks up "Uhm excuse me"
The woman looks back at him "Yes?"

Jungkook his lips, rethinking his choice. "What room is Kim Taehyung in?"

 

 

Jungkook stares at the white doors, his hand shaking when he reaches to open it. After a moment of debate, he opens it and walks in, keeping as quiet as possible.

His gaze immediately falls to Taehyung, who's seemingly asleep.
Jungkook takes a few quiet steps forward, walking up to the bed. His eyes scan over the olders face, down to his neck, covered chest and to his hands.

His breathing turns shaky at the view of Taehyung's wrists, rubbed down to blood from being tied with rope, his hands bruised.
Jungkook bites his lip, laying his hand down on Taehyung's gently, brushing his fingers over the bruises. 

"I told you it's a bad idea, keeping in contact" He whispers, tears gathering at his eyes "How am I suppose to live with myself... Knowing this is my fault"