Chapter 16.

My Helpline

Taehyung shakes his head at the two older boys, both making childish jokes as they walk trough the park. He looks around, his gaze passing the other side of the park, the place where he seen Jungkook while taking pictures. When he thinks back on it, wasn't he hugging someone?
  "How many close friends does Jungkook have?"

Yoongi looks at Taehyung, confused "... Only Jimin and me, why?"
  "Just curious..." He mumbles. "Does he have a girlfriend?"
  "No...uhm, Jungkook likes guys, and from what I know he hasn't been with anyone for a while" Yoongi answers "Whats with the questions?"

Taehyung shrugs, not knowing himself why he asked.
He soon notices that Yoongi stopped walking, and when he turned around to see what the matter was, he also stopped.
Namjoon looks at the both of them in worry "What now, do we run or?" 


"Jimin whats-" Jungkook turns to look at the older, but he immediately wants to turn back around and run.

"Yoongi is back?" Jimin mumbles smiling. And Jungkook would also be happy, only if Taehyung wasn't standing right there with Yoongi and Namjoon, staring at him.

Jimin is about to run over to the others when he realises the problem.
Jungkook smiles at him "You go to Yoongi, I'll leave-"
  "No I can't just ditch you"
"But I can't come with you, Taehyung is there"
   "What can he do with the others around? We're in a public place... And don't you want to say hi to Yoongi?"

Jungkook sighs, it won't do him mich harm, will it? 'You're doing this for Jimin.'
He gives the older a smile "You run over to that boyfriend of yours, I'm right behind you"

Jimin breaks into a grin before turning and running towards Yoongi. Jungkook sheepishly walking up towards the others. He watches his two best friends hug and it warms his heart how cute they are.

"You didn't tell me you were coming!"

Yoongi laughs "Surprise baby" he kisses the younger.

"Ok no stop, we're in a public place" Namjoon says. Jimin stick his tongue out at the older.

Jungkook's gaze turns from the cute couple to Taehyung, his smile falls and he quickly looks down.

"Nice to see you again, Jungkook?" He hears Namjoon and looks up.
  "Yes, and you too" the younger bows.

Jimin is quick to realise Jungkook is getting anxious and he gently pulls away from Yoongi's embrace.
"I would love to stay but... We're going somewhere-"
Jungkook jumps in "No it's ok" he smiles at Jimin "You can stay with Yoongi, you haven't seen each other in months"
  
Jimin blinks in confusion "But you-"

"I should go home anyways" Jungkook smiles "Dad wants me back in thirty minutes" he can feel his stomach twist at the word 'dad'

Jimin doesn't smile though "Jungkook we're-"
"I'll text you later" he says and then turns to the group "It was nice meeting you" he bows "Happy to see you back hyung" he glances at Yoongi, who is staring back at him with nothing but pure worry. Jungkook just ignores it.

"Kook-" Yoongi starts but the younger is already walking away. Taehyung doesn't hesitate, fast walking after the boy.

"Jungkook!"

Jungkook doesn't stop, ignoring Taehyung and hoping he'll let him leave. For a second he really believed Taehyung stopped.

"Jeon Jungkook!" He hears the older raise his voice and Jungkook stills. He turns around, forcing himself to make eye contact.
Taehyung feels something close to fear when he notices Jungkook's tear filled eyes.

"Why can't you just leave me alone?"

Taehyung slowly starts walking towards him "I can't, I don't want to"

"You're going to get hurt because of me" Jungkook is biting down on his lip to hold the tears back "I don't want anything to happen to you"

Taehyung stays quiet as he continues walking.

"You-" Jungkook hesitates "You out of all people should know how dangerous my father is!" he doesn't break the eye contact "Thats who you're after, aren't you?"

Taehyungs expression stays unreadable and his tone of voice calm "I'm after you" he says, reaching Jungkook and standing right in front of him "Your father doesn't matter to me as long as you're safe"

Taehyung gently grabs Jungkook's hand, squeezing it "Please, let me help you"

"I can't" the younger pulls away "And its best if you leave Seoul, my father wants you dead and he'll try to find you" He breathes "Stop worrying about me and save yourself"

"You want me to just leave you like this?"

"Yes."

Taehyung stares him in the eyes, looking for some sign of... anything really. But they are dark and empty, yet at the same time, hold so much unreadable emotion.

Jungkook takes a step back, slowly turning and walking away. This time Taehyung lets him go.

                                    ----

With so much on mind, Jungkook doesn't even realise when he reaches his house.
'I should have stopped talking to him when it started'
He walks into the house and is met with pure silence, he opens the door that he just closed to confirm that his father is gone, but the car is parked.

"Get in the car" he turns around to see his father, staring at him with clearly no patience. Jungkook doesn't question and just gets in the vehicle. 

They're sitting in silence throughout the whole drive and all Jungkook could think of is how much he wants their car to crash.


The time passes slowly and Jungkook is getting tired of constantly doing the same thing over and over again, for two hours now. 
"Your aim is good but its not perfect" his father says, watching Jungkook shoot the glass bottles.
"You still have much to work on

Throughout those two hours of holding the gun in his hand and shooting at the empty bottles of soju, there has been a few times when the thought of pointing the weapon at his father and shooting, crossed his mind.

But each time he thought of it, the fact that 'he's still my father' and the memories of how loving he once was, stopped him from doing so. How could you kill someone that was once your loving parent.

Another few hours pass, it's already dark outside and Jungkook is seriously getting sick and tired of this constant shooting, the blasting sound of the gun has carved itself into Jungkook's mind. He ran out of bottles and was told to shoot beer cans until he runs out of those too, and his heart sunk when he seen the amount of empty cans they had. But finally, hes getting to the end of it.

His father left somewhere a while ago, from what Jungkook seen, the man walked into the nearby building, which he figured belongs to the gang or something. He really couldn't care less.

The man comes outside and walks over to Jungkook "That's enough for today, now follow me, we have something to talk about"

Jungkook feels fear flooding in at the tone of his fathers voice, there certainly is a problem, and the younger knows he will get into trouble.

Jungkook walks into the building, following like he was told. The inside looks like this used to be an old school, the paint on the walls is scraping off, majority of the windows are covered with wood. He's led trough a long halway and a few sets of stairs. Jungkook doesn't even want to think about what they use the other rooms for.

Finally coming to the end of a hallway, they stop at a door with the number 22 on it and walk in. The classroom is mostly empty, with just a few book shelves, an old round kitchen table in the middle and three chairs around it. And the two men, probably his fathers workers.

"Sit down"

The boy obliges.

There's a weird atmosphere, he feels that there's something wrong, something is going to happen.

"Now," his father starts, sitting in front of Jungkook.
"You left this home today" he slams something down on the table, making Jungkook flinch at the sudden movement.

The man lifts his hand up and Jungkook feels his breathing become unstable. There in front of him lays his phone.

His father turns the device on, it immediately shows the contacts list. 
"How are you ing going to explain this?" He pressee Taehyung's contact and goes into the messages "Come on, speak up"

Jungkook's heart is pounding, he's not able to form words.

After a while of silence, the man loses his patience. "Well then," he picks up the phone "How about we get Tae to come here and explain himself-"

"No!" Jungkook stands up immediately.

"No?"

"You can do anything you want with me! Just please don't hurt him or get anywhere close to him" he pleads. 

He watches as a smirk forms at his fathers lips in a sickening way.
"Anything?... Well I've and idea" he looks past Jungkook and clicks his fingers "Take him to the interview room, and don't let him out"

Jungkook can feel two stronger pairs of arms wrap around his and pull him back. He wasn't going to struggle, at least not until he seen his father wave his phone in front of him, with a newly sent message to Taehyung.
Jungkook glares at him "You bastard!"

                                     -----

"Aish I'm tired, unpacking stuff is the most boring ever. How about a beer?" Yoongi asks, stretching his arms as him, Namjoon and Taehyung walk trough the dark streets.

Taehyung shakes his head "We've work tomorrow"

"Oh come on, what can a beer do?" Namjoon asks.

The younger ponders on it for a moment "Maybe... Just one?"

Yoongi laughs "Lets go then"

The three are entering a bar close by when Taehyung stops, feeling his phone vibrate.
"Wait" he mumbles, pulling the device out and unlocking it. It's a message from Jungkook. He wouldn't have expected that.

Jungkook;
Hyung please meet me at Seongsu bridge as soon as possible, I need help

Taehyung reads over the message two more times, he isn't sure whether to worry or not.

"Guys... I've to go somewhere, I know it's really sudden but this is important, I'll text you later!" He bows quickly and walls away, not allowing the other two ask any questions.

'I hope he's okay'