Chapter 28.

My Helpline

The sky was pitch black, millions of shinning dots decorating it like jewels. The view was breath taking.

Jungkook was laying on a large field, surrounded by flowers. It was getting closer to midnight yet it wasn't cold, at least not when he had someone beside him, holding Jungkook's slightly smaller hand. It was all the boy needed to feel warm, and safe.

That moment; when the sky was pitch black and the stars where shinning, was when he heard a gentle whisper of "I love you"
But when he turned to Yoongi, he couldn't force words out, he couldn't say 'I love you too'

He was afraid of losing Yoongi, afraid of putting him in danger, afraid of hurting him or getting hurt.

Jungkook's largest fear, was loving.

 

​​​

"I love you"

And the room went dead silent. Jungkook's gaze staying on Taehyung, watching his eyes for any reaction.

But Taehyung's shocked expression disappeared as fast as it appeared, turning emotionless.
Jungkook hates the silence and the tension building up between them, but he doesn't know what else to say.

Taehyung stares at him "You're making yourself believe that" he says, the tone of his voice cold.
Taehyung tries pulling his hand away but Jungkook's grip stays firm.

"I love you." He repeats "I loved you a month ago when you confessed, I loved you when you were in the hospital, and I loved you when I thought my father was about to kill you and Jimin, but I wasn't and still am not able to express it, I'm scared and I'm sorry for that"

Taehyung could practically hear his own heart beating, he wouldn't expect it but he himself is scared too. Because, what now?

After another torturous moment of  silence, Jungkook finally lets go of Taehyung's hand in defeat. 
He looks up at the older one more time, pressing his lips together. 

Taehyung notices it, aware that Jungkook must feel anxious.

The younger doesn't expect him to do anything. And Jungkook certainly didn't expect Taehyung to make the bold move and pull him closer.

Taehyung's left hand grips at Jungkook's hip while his right is placed on the boy's cheek.
Jungkook didn't have the time to process anything before he could feel Taehyung's burning lips against his. It is definitely not what he expected the older to do. And their lips stay pressed together until Taehyung realizes how hesitant Jungkook is, and he slowly pulls away in worry.

Jungkook's eyes flash from Taehyung's eyes down to his lips. He doesn't let Taehyung apologize because this time Jungkook is kissing him, harder. And Taehyung immediately brings his other hand to Jungkook's cheek, gently caressing it with his thumb.

The boy could taste the slightest bit of alcohol, but it only makes the kiss sharper. He brings his arms up and around Taehyung's neck, deepening the kiss. Taehyung leads the younger back, walking them across the room, not sure where, but up until Jungkook's back hits the kitchen table. The only moment they pull away for air is when Taehyung turns and lifts the boy up, sitting him on the black marble counter top.

"This is wrong" the older mumbles gruffly against Jungkook's jawline, leaving a trail of gentle kisses "we shouldn't..."

"I know" the younger breathes, but he's still tilting his head to the side to give Taehyung more space.

And they do know it's wrong, for so many reasons, from the fact that they aren't together to the six year between them. But nothing wrong ever felt so right. 

Taehyung is doing everything to keep his thoughts moral, but the suppressed moan Jungkook lets out when he on the boys skin puts him on line. He's digging his nails into the boy's clothed thighs, not strong enough to leave any type of marks, but Jungkook could definitely feel it.

He forces himself away, bringing his hands up to the boy's face again and kissing him, gently this time. And the kiss is filled with nothing but love and care.

Only one thing was going through Taehyungs mind at that moment 'I swear I will die before I let Jungkook get hurt ever again'

 


Namjoon sighs when he walks into the dark empty office, staring at Taehyung whos the last one left, he looks absolutely wrecked, searching trough the files on his computer, looking over papers for the 100th time, but finding nothing. 

"Tae it's passed midnight" he calls out.
Taehyung doesn't even spare him a glance "Mhm"

"You weren't even supposed to work today" Namjoon reminds. He got a phone call from Jungkook in the early morning, the boy told him about Taehyung getting drunk and that he probably wouldn't come to work. But he did.

"Taehyung-!"

"I know!" Taehyung's gaze shoots up "It's late, everyone from the office is gone and I shouldn't be working with a killing headache" he glares at his best friend, voice still gruffy from the night before "But you can't stop me"

Namjoon sighs again, this time in defeat, he walks over to Taehyung.
"There's nothing left Tae, we searched through everything, the only choice left is to wait for something to happen"

Taehyung is about to answer when the office doors are pushed open, Yoongi rushing in.

"The hell are you doing here at this time?" Namjoon asks.
Taehyung immediately notices the olders worried expression "What's wrong?" 

"Get your we gotta go" Yoongi hurries.

Namjoon looks confused "What?"
Taehy stands up "Where?"

Yoongi looks around the office, jogging up to his desk and grabbing his gun.

"Hyung what the is happening?" Taehyung demands.

"Jimin called me," Yoongi starts, searching through his cabinet "He was out with Jungkook, they were about to go home and," he stops, finding the bullets and loading his gun.

"And?!" Namjoon asks.

"And he said it seemed like someone was following them, so to make sure, they walked around some more but they can't get rid of the dude"

Taehyung and Namjoon immediately grab their own guns, both throwing on their coats.
"Do you know where they went?" Taehyung asks.

Yoongi nods, walking towards the exit "They said they'll go to the park, but we gotta be quick because if that person is planning on doing something, they'll do it there"

                                         -----

"He's still behind us, that's not normal" Jimin mumbles. He could feel Jungkook was also scared. They walked into the park to make sure whether the stranger was actually following them, and by now they're convinced he is.

Jimin felt his phone vibrate and he quickly pulls it out, there's a message from Yoongi. He quickly opens it.

"Jimin he's walking faster towards us"
Jungkook mumbles.

"We've to go to the other exit of the park" Jimin half whispers, reading the message "Yoongi is going to wait for us there with Namjoon and Taehyung so they don't scare the guy away"

Jungkook nods. Both boys increase in speed a bit as they walk towards the other entrance, occasionally taking discreet glances at the man behind them.

Reaching the gate, they see two black cars pull up, Jungkook felt fear for a moment before recognizing one of the vehicles. He grabs Jimins hand and pulls him gently towards the cars, reassuring the boy that it's safe.

Yoongi opens his door, partly exiting the car, his gaze flashes towards the dark figure in the distance that seemed to stop and turn ways.

Jungkook glances at the car in front of Yoongi's, Namjoon and Taehyung sitting inside. He makes eye contact with Taehyung, noticing the worry and relief when the older sees that Jungkook and Jimin are okay.

"You two are coming with me, Tae and Namjoon will have to go another way at the end of the street." Yoongi says, sitting back down in the car.
The two boys enter the car, both sitting at the back. "Where are they gonna go?" Jimin asks, worried.

Jungkook looks back at the park, watching the figure through the car's tinted windows. The person seems to be talking on the phone. Jungkooks about to comment on it when he hears Yoongi "They'll check the park" the older says.

"On their own?" Jungkook looks at Yoongi through the mirror.
"No, Namjoon called for back up so don't worry" he reassures "We'll drive around for a bit and then I'll bring you two to mine. Jimin you should text your mom and tell her you'll be sleeping at my house" he starts the car.

The boy nods, pulling his phone out.
Jungkook watches the car infront of them, driving down the silent street. He has a bad feeling about the situation.

They stop at the red light in front of the round about. Anxiety eating at Jungkook because Namjoon and Taehyung will have to go back to the park. He tries reassuring himself with the fact that they will have other officers with them.

The light turns orange. Jungkook glances around the street, completely empty and eerily quiet.
His gaze switches back to the car in front of them when the light turns green, he watches as the vehicle in front of them starts turning left.

Just when he's about to look away, the ear piercing sequel of tires brakes the silence.
"!" Yoongi curses, stepping on the brakes and abruptly stopping the car.

Jungkook's hands fly up to the back of the passenger seat in front of him, the force caused by the abrupt stop making everyone fly forward, he looks at Jimin, glad he put on the seat belt.

He then quickly turns to Yoongi, seeing the males petrified expression, he looks the way Yoongi is looking.
Jungkook's eyes widen and his heart stops as he watches another larger vehicle crashing into the front of Taehyung's car. The windows shattering and the car immediately shutting down.