Chapter 25.

My Helpline

"What do you think of Taehyung?" Jungkook suddenly breaks the silence between him and Jimin. It's sunny and fairly warm so he knew Jimin would ask him to hang out, he always does that. Jungkook was hesitant about the idea at first but the park isn't that far from Taehyung's apartment and he simply can't say no to Jimin.

Jimin lifts his brows at the question "Taehyung?" He looks at Jungkook, the younger nods.

"Well, I don't know him too well, but from what Yoongi told me, he's like a fox"

"A fox?" Jungkook laughs "What's that supposed to mean?"

Jimin pauses to think. 
"He's sly, really secretive about everything and you don't even notice"

Jungkook doesn't quite understand so he stays quiet, giving the older a confused look and listening.

"Think about it that way," Jimin starts "how much do you really know about Taehyung and how much does he know about you?"

And that's when it hits Jungkook, because Taehyung knows about what Jungkook went trough, what his life was like and what it is like. But Jungkook barely knows anything about the older.

"I don't know if he told you but he also had it hard before, but he never really described it"
Jungkook nods "He did say something about that" he mumbles.

"He's a really caring person" Jimin points out mindlessly "But I don't think anyone really knows him"  

Jungkook looks around the park, staying quiet for a moment to think.
"Do you think it's possible... To get to know what he's really like?"

Jimin shrugs "I don't know.... Namjoon tried asking a few times before, they're best friends after all, but it angered Taehyung" he says "It's like he wants to forget his life before the age of eighteen"
Jungkook stares at the ground as they continue walking, kicking a stone, he never realized how little he knows about the older.

"Why did you move in with him anyway?"

Jungkook looks to the side "There's another problem, and we decided it's safer that way" he says, keeping his voice down.
Jimin immediately stops "Another problem?" He asks, worry evident in the way he speaks "What problem?"
Jungkook sighs, he doesn't want to lie to his best friend. 
 "People that worked for my dad, they're after me and Taehyung"

Jimin's eyes widen "Oh my ing- and you didn't tell me?!"
"Keep it down" Jungkook scolds.
  "From when are they after you?!"
"Jimin!" Jungkook grits through his teeth "Shut it!"

Jimin glares at him "Answer my question!"
The younger takes in a deep breath to calm down "A few days"
"And I wasn't the first to know?"
  "I'm sorry"
"Jeon if something happens to you I will go on a ing killing spree"
  "Yea" Jungkook mumbles "And die in the process" he laughs halfheartedly.

"Laugh all you want" Jimin rolls his eyes at him "But if you die, I die with you"

                                                           -----

"What's with that serious expression?" Namjoon walks up to Taehyung's desk. The younger is currently desperately searching trough the computer.

"There is literally no cameras around the street Jungkook lived on, the closest one is almost a kilometer away!" Taehyung exclaims in frustration.

"Woah calm" Namjoon says, walking around the desk and behind Taehyung, leaning over to the computer "You're looking for the guy at came to Jungkook's house, yes?"

Taehyung nods, sighing.

"How many roads are there leading directly to that street?"
  "Five, only one has a camera"
Namjoon nods "Did they come by a car?"
Taehyung stares at the computer as Namjoon keeps flipping through street cameras "Jungkook said it was a black SUV"
  "When?"
"Two days ago, around 9pm"

Namjoon keeps searching. Taehyung watches in confusion as the older goes totally off track, searching further than needed and not even close to the house.
"Hyung what are you-"
  "Here," Namjoon stops him, pointing at a black SUV on the screen, barely visible in the dark "There are another seven roads that lead to the first five, six of which have cameras, this is one of the least used ones"

Taehyung wants to face palm at his stupidity, this was a basic thing to do yet he didn't think of it.
"Get your head out of the clouds Tae" Namjoon mumbles "Or off Jungkook"

Taehyung glares at him, shooing him away with his hand "Yea yea thanks you can go now"

He turns back to the computer, noticing the car's registration plates are heavily blurred. He sighs, this is going to be hard.

His attention is brought up when he hears the door open, Yoongi walks in staring down at his phone.

"You'll walk into a wall if you keep staring at your phone" Taehyung calls out, half smiling.
  "Already did" Yoongi answers as he walks up to Taehyung. The younger laughs.

"So," Yoongi pulls over a chair, sitting beside Taehyung "Got anything?"

Taehyung clicks back to the camera "A car, but the imagine is too blurry and zoomed out, you can't see the plates" he slumps in his chair.
Yoongi examines the screen.
"There's this dude I worked with in Daegu, there's a chance he could get the plates but it would take a while"

Taehyung turns to him "Not like I'm able to do anything with it, better later than not at all"
Yoongi nods "Email me the file and I'll get him to try and do something"

"Thanks, you're amazing" Taehyung smiles.
"I know" Yoongi laughs "You on break yet?"
Taehyung glances at his watch before turning in Namjoon's direction "I'm taking break five minutes early" he calls.
Namjoon gives him an unamused look from the other side of the room "Do whatever you want you lazy " he says, making everyone else in the office cackle.


"How's Jimin doing after everything?" Taehyung asks, holding his hot cup of coffee as they walk through town.
"He's alright, he was a bit shaken for a few days but it went away"
  "That's good"
"What about Jungkook, did you talk to him about therapy?"
Taehyung sighs, shaking his head "Not yet, I'll try today evening"

Yoongi nods "You don't have to if you're worried about him getting pissed off, Jungkook can be hella stubborn" he takes a drink of his coffee "He'll say he doesn't need it. Once he accused me of taking him as insane" he laughs "He was younger then so I doubt he'd do it now, but just so you know"

"You tried getting him into therapy?"

Yoongi nods "Many times, I think it's the only thing I wasn't able to convince him into"

"I think I said it before, but it seem you two are close" Taehyung says.

"We were close" Yoongi corrects, almost too quietly for Taehyung to hear.
 "What changed it?"
The older looks down "I don't know... a lot of things, like time?"

Taehyung nods lightly "How close were you really?" He asks  out of curiosity.

"Really..." Yoongi mumbles "As close as me and Jimin now, maybe closer, I guess it depends from your perspective on it"
Taehyung looks at him "You two were in a relationship?"
"Mhm" Yoongi takes another drink of his coffee.

"You don't have to answer... But how does that work, with Jimin and all?"

"Sounds confusing right?" Yoongi chuckles "I knew Jungkook way before him and Jimin were friends"
Taehyung's eyes widen in realization "Did you date when he was underage?"

Yoongi nods "Not something I'm too proud of..." he mumbles "But I won't say I regret it, because I don't"

"How old was he exactly?"

"I was 24"

Taehyung look's away in disbelief  "You dated a 16 year old at the age of 24" and that's when he realizes "Isn't that when you finished college?"

"And started working for the police" Yoongi adds and nods "But I didn't break up with Jungkook because of that, he broke up with me because he was afraid I'd get in trouble, and he knew the job ment a lot to me"

"How did Jimin come around?" Taehyung asks.
"Him and Jimin became friends around the time we broke up, I still stayed as close as ever to Jungkook, we didn't let an unwanted breakup ruin our friendship" he says.
  "Then his mother died, Jungkook wouldn't talk to anyone, he wouldn't leave the house and pushed everyone away, me and Jimin got closer around that time" he sighs "The abuse started and me being... Well me, got pissed off and tried doing something, but Jungkook never let me, he didn't want me to get hurt and told me to protect Jimin. We started arguing more and it somehow ended up like that"

"Does Jimin know about you and Jungkook?"

"Yeah, and Jimin was afraid of dating me because he was worried it would hurt Jungkook, I don't even think I was over him fully yet, but Jungkook found out eventually and just congratulated us, he acted, and still acts as if we were never together, so I just go along with it"

Taehyung nods, looking down at his coffee "Do you really love Jimin, or...?"

  "I love Jimin more than anything, if I didn't, I wouldn't be with him. Jungkook is like family, and maybe he doesn't feel as close to me as before, but I still care for him like I used to, you can't just stop caring for someone who ment everything to you"

Taehyung stays silent, walking beside Yoongi and drinking his coffee, taking in everything.

"And one more thing" Yoongi stops walking and smiles at Taehyung.
"I know Jungkook like I know myself, and I can see he likes you back, he's just afraid of the same thing happening, give him some time"

 

 

 

 

 

Whoop whoop a little back story~

Smol reminder: story is cross posted on Wattpad and AO3