Chapter 24.

My Helpline

"Because I love you"

Jungkook could feel his heartbeat increase and he brings his arms up, wrapping them tightly around Taehyung's torso and pulling him closer. But he doesn't say anything, Taehyung doesn't expect him to, and he doesn't expect Jungkook to feel the same towards him. But the boy has to know that he has someone who won't give up on him, and someone who does love him.


Jungkook is laying in his bed, staring at the ceiling and struggling to fall asleep. He thought of texting Jimin but considering it's a Friday night, he's probably with Yoongi, and it's past midnight anyways.

No matter what he tries thinking of, it always brings him back to Taehyung, the older is practically haunting his mind. Whenever he feels hopeless, Taehyung just comes in and it's like his life has a reason again. But now, laying in the empty dark room, alone, it's all loosing it's sense again.

He's afraid that he hurt Taehyung, but he doesn't even know if the older really ment what he said, why would he? 

Finally Jungkook gives up on sleeping, he pushes himself up and out of bed, quietly making his way into the kitchen for a glass of water.
He walks into the room, glancing around, the moon's light entering trough the glass balcony door is enough to make things visible.
Jungkook walks up to the kitchen counter, looking at the different shelves and trying to remember which one Taehyung showed him held the glasses and cups.

"It's almost 1am"

Jungkook turns around at the sound of Taehyung's voice. The older is standing in the doorway, black Calvin Klein boxers on and a hoodie thrown on, hands crossed over his bare torso. His figure is dimly lit by the moonlight and when their eyes meet Jungkook has to force himself to look away, back down at his hands on the counter.

"Are you okay?" He hears the others low voice again.

"Yea" he mumbles "Just can't sleep"

Taehyung makes his way up to the younger. Jungkook could feel the presence behind him, the sudden warmth coming from Taehyung as he leans over him, reaching for the shelve and opening it before grabbing a glass and placing it in front of Jungkook.

He finds himself almost following Taehyung's movement when he steps back, not wanting the warmth to disappear.

"What about you?" Jungkook asks, tapping his fingertips on the glass "Don't you have work in the morning?"

"I've always had troubles with sleeping" Taehyung says, opening the fridge and pulling out a bottle of water.
Jungkook feels the warmth coming back when Taehyung stands behind him again, their bodies pressed together while the older opens the bottle, pouring some into the glass for the younger.

But the warmth soon disappears again and Jungkooks left holding the cold glass of water between his hands.
He turns around and brings the glass up to his lips, watching as Taehyung pulls out a half empty bottle, of what looks like soju.

"Alcohol is bad for you" Jungkook mumbles against the glass.
Taehyung lets out a short breathy laugh "Oh believe me, I know that pretty well" he says "But maybe you'll tell me you never drank alcohol before?"
The younger looks away in guilt "Only once"
Taehyung smiles "You still drank"


It turns silent. Jungkook finished his glass of water and Taehyung doesn't seem like he's going to drink much more, but neither make a move. The atmosphere isn't awkward but it's unusual, almost filled with tension and Jungkook is screaming at himself to move but he can't, he doesn't want to.

"Try getting some rest" Taehyung finally speaks up, leaving the almost empty bottle on the counter. "If it's necessary, there are sleeping pills laying beside the microwave" 

Jungkook could notice how Taehyung's voice changed, suddenly sounding too serious for what he's used too. The older looks like he wants to say or do something but stopped himself from it. Jungkook watches as Taehyung starts walking away and without thinking, he steps forward, grabbing the other's wrist. Taehyung looks back in confusion, glancing from his hand and then at Jungkook.

"I-" Jungkook stutters, pulling his hand away not knowing how to explain his action, even he doesn't understand it. Taehyung stays standing.

The younger sighs, pressing his lips together and Taehyung knows hes nervous.
Jungkook looks down "About before, I'm sorry I don't..." His voice fades, but when he looks up at Taehyung, the male is smiling at him.
"Don't worry, I knew you wouldn't"

And for some reason it pains Jungkook to hear that, because in all honesty he isn't even sure how he feels about Taehyung, yet the older acts as if he really knew for sure that Jungkook wouldn't return his feelings.

"I don't want it to be awkward"

Taehyung chuckles "It won't be, I promise" he reassures "Now really, get some sleep" and so he walks away, leaving Jungkook with his own thoughts.


The next morning Jungkook wakes up to silence, but the good type, the calm one to which he's not used to. And everything that happened comes back to him and his first thought is 'Did Taehyung leave to work?'
He stands up, stretching his arms as he awkwardly walks out of the room and into the kitchen.

A feeling of relief washes trough him when he sees Taehyung in the kitchen, dressed in navy dress pants and a half ed white shirt. And he can't lie to himself, Taehyung looks really attractive.

"Good morning officer" he teases. Taehyung turns his gaze to the boy standing in the doorway with only a tank top and boxers on.
 "Good morning kid" he smirks before turning back to the papers he's been looking through.

Jungkook's eyes narrow at him as he walks up closer, leaning on the counter beside the older and looking at the papers. 
Not understanding anything on it he gets bored, his gaze traveling up and he watches Taehyung's serious expression as he keeps reading.

"When will you be back?"

Taehyung looks up, a bit taken back by the question "Uhm" he looks down, flipping to another page that looks like a schedule "At around six" he answers.
Jungkook nods, slightly disappointed, he didn't expect it to be earlier though.

Taehyung starts putting the pages together in a folder "I have to go shopping so the fridge was kinda empty but I'll leave you money for breakfast, sorry for that"

Jungkook shakes his head "Don't apologize for something like that, and I have money don't worry"

"I'm still leaving the money for you" Taehyung insists "And please," he looks up at Jungkook with a serious expression "Be careful when leaving the house"

Jungkook looks back at him, and he can see the fear in Taehyung's eyes.

"I will be... don't worry" He nods "You too, watch out for yourself Tae"

The older gives a small nod before turning around with a "See you later" and leaves.

And just like that, Jungkook feels alone again, because his only reason isn't with him.