Chapter 13.

My Helpline


Taehyung opens the door to his apartment when they reach the third floor. Jungkook hesitates for a moment, but all thoughts disappear when Taehyung smiles warmly at him and gestures for him to come in.

"You don't need to take your shoes off, I've to clean up a bit anyways" Taehyung says, grabbing Jungkook's coat which he took off and hanging it up.

Jungkook gives a nod and follows the other into what looks like the sitting room, if you walk on further into the large room, you'll walk into the kitchen as the two are connected.

The younger looks around, the apartment gives off a cosy feeling, it's slightly more on the modern side, with gray walls, black couches and black furniture in both the kitchen and living room.
But small things like pastel pink and neon green pillows on the couch, or washed out yellow curtains are a nice addition to make it all softer looking.

Jungkook's own house is modern, or used to look like it. After his mother died everything went to hell. They were a well off family once.

"Take a seat, I'll grab the aid kit" Taehyung gestures towards the couch and leaves the room. Jungkook hesitantly sits down, still looking around.

He takes notice of how clean the apartment really is, even though Taehyung said he needs to clean up.

A momemt later, Taehyung walks in with a green box in his hand and a glass of water. "Here," he hands the glass to Jungkook "I figured you'd be thirsty"

The younger smiles at him "Thank you" he says before drinking.

"How did that even happen?" Taehyung gestures to Jungkook's bruises and cuts.
The boy puts the glass down and gives Taehyung an embarrassed smile "Got into a fight..."

"Did you win?"

Jungkook huffs "Does it look like I won?"

The older laughs in response and sits beside Jungkook on the couch.
He opens the aid kit and starts pulling out anything that's necessary "Is it like... a bully in school?"

Jungkook shakes his head "No, I don't really talk to anyone at school except my friend. Besides, I'm nineteen, not fourteen, I could handle a bully"

"If you say so" the other nods, bringing a wet cloth up to Jungkook's face to clean the cuts "Then what was the fight for? A girl perhaps?"

Jungkook's eyes wander away, not paying much attention to the stinging "No, that would be stupid"

"Stupid? You never fought over a girl?"
The younger laughs lightly "No, I never really got around to those kind of things"
Taehyung stops what he's doing for a moment to give Jungkook a questioning look "You haven't dated before?"

Jungkook presses his lips together, still not looking at the older. His thought's go back to what Taehyung said about Namjoon earlier and he calms down "Well, not a girl"

Taehyung takes a moment before realising "Ah okay" he nods and goes back to cleaning the cut "Doesn't this sting?"

Jungkook slightly nods "It does"

"Oh... Well you seem really resistant to pain"

'If you only knew'
"Always had that" he smiles.

Taehyung moves the piece of fabric down to Jungkook's lip when he's done with the cheek, wiping away the bits of dry blood, making sure he's gentle and not hurting the other. But Jungkook doesn't react.

He puts the cloth aside when done and grabs a small tube of cream, putting some on his fingers before bringing it up to the cut on Jungkook's lip "Just so it doesn't get infected and you can eat normally" he mumbles.
This time Jungkook flinches away with a quiet 'tch'

Taehyung immediately moves his hand back "Did I hurt you?"
The younger shakes his head "No it just stings a bit more, it's fine though, I just didn't expect it"
Taehyung gives a small nod and goes back to putting the cream on, this time more careful.

When done, he looks Jungkook over, one thing he did take notice off was a fading bruise at the side of Jungkook's neck. He remembers how Jungkook winched when he grabbed his arm and so he looks down at it "Is your hand ok?"

Jungkook looks at the older before glancing at his hand "Yea it's fine"
  "Can I look over it?"
The boy pauses for a moment to think before nodding sheepishly. He pulls the sleeve up as far as he could, which stopped just over his elbow.

Jungkook stretches his hand out. Taehyung gently grabs him by the wrist and turns his hand, looking over the bruises, there's no doubt some of them are older, he takes a glance at Jungkook's wrist too, just making sure the boy isn't harming himself, which he thankfully isn't.

Taehyung spots the newest cut going along the side of his arm, it reaches further up, the sleeve still covering it 
  "uhm... Would it be okay if you take your hoodie off? I don't think your sleeve will go up enough.." Taehyung asks, clearly awkward about it, not wanting to make the younger uncomfortable.

Jungkook pulls his hand down, fidgeting with the end of his hoodie while thinking.

"If you want to go to the bathroom and do it yourself then your free to do so" he hears Taehyung say.
 Jungkook nods "If that's okay.."

Taehyung smiles "Of course" he stands up, picking up whats needed from the aid kit and hands it to Jungkook.
"The bathroom is the door closest to the entrance, shout if you need anything" Taehyung says and he ruffles Jungkook's hair jokingly.
The younger almost glares at him "I'm not a six year old you know"
Taehyung laughs "But you're six years younger than me"

Jungkook rolls his eyes at that and leaves the room, making his way towards the bathroom.
'I never realised the ...' he thinks 'Not like it matters'
Yet he can't help but feel a bit weirdly disappointed.

Five minutes or so pass and Taehyung is sitting on the couch, lost in thought, wondering 'how in the world did Jungkook get so many bruises?' and 'what if it was his father that did it?'
It just gives Taehyung another reason to despise the man.

His thoughts are interrupted when he hears a somewhat shy "Taehyung?" coming from the bathroom. The older stands up and walks up to the door "You ok there?"

"Yea but..there's a cut a bit more on the back and I can't reach it properly..."

"Do you want me to help?"

"If you don't mind..."

Taehyung finds it cute how shy the other sounds "Can I come in?"

"No" he hears Jungkook "You've to magically do it while standing outside" 

Taehyung chuckles, rolling his eyes as he opens the door "You go from shy to-..." he trails off and freezes, because Jungkook is standing there shirtless, looking slightly embarrassed and god damn that boy must work out. He quickly clears his throat "-to cocky really quickly" It earns him a giggle from the younger.

"Now, where exactly is the cut?"

Jungkook turns around, pointing just behind his shoulder, a bit lower. Taehyung takes a moment to look at his back, and he would admire the muscles if he wasn't so concerned about all the bruises and scars. Something's not right...

"You get into fights a lot?"

Jungkook stays still before giving a small nod "uhm, used to..."
The younger is about to speak up again, maybe back up his excuse, but he's found wordless when he feels a warm hand on his arm, turning him around slightly. Taehyung grabs another piece of fabric from the aid kit before spilling some purified water on it and bringing it up to Jungkook's back.

It silent for the first minute, Jungkook looks up to see his reflection in the mirror, realising how visible the bruises really are and starting to regret calling Taehyung. His eyes travel to the other male in the mirror, he watches Taehyung, he looks more serious when concentrated, his expression is blank.

"Now," the older mumbles when he finishes with cleaning. He looks up at their reflection, meeting eyes with Jungkook. Neither of them say anything nor do they make a move to look away.

It's like looking at something they haven't seen in each other yet. Taehyung can see how Jungkook really is when he's not around. The boys eyes look sad, the playful grin isn't at his lips anymore. He looks tired, of everything. Taehyung can only worry more and more because the look in his eyes is dark.

And it's the first time Jungkook sees Taehyung so broken looking, his expression is still blank yet there's something just sad, like regret, or worry, or even fear.

Jungkook realises he really knows nothing about Taehyung.

Suddenly the older turns away to grab something "I'll put a bandage on it so your hoodie won't irritate the cut" he hears Taehyung, his tone is normal again and when he turns back around, Jungkook can see Taehyung giving him a small smile. All back to "normal"

"Thank you" Jungkook says, throwing his hoodie on and straightening it when it's on.
"No need to thank me" Taehyung smiles at him as they walk back towards the living room.

"Can I ask you something?" Jungkook says, a bit quieter than his usual tone.

Taehyung looks back at him "Mhm go ahead"

"Are you from Seoul?" He asks.
Taehyung lifts his brow at the question "Is my accent still that clear?" He chuckles "No, I'm from Daegu"
Jungkook smiles "It's not clear, but you can still slightly hear it" he adds.
"Why did you come to Seoul?"

"Same reason as most people, college"

Jungkook nods "To study, law was it?"
Taehyung hesitates "Yea.. You could say that"
  "What about your family?"

Taehyung looks at Jungkook "You seem really curious all of a sudden" he points out.
  "I don't really know much about you..." Jungkook mumbles, looking away.

Taehyung nods "Yeah... But do I know anything about you?"

Jungkook stays quiet, Taehyung is right, he doesn't know much about the younger, and if he doesn't want to tell Taehyung anything about himself, why would the older have to?

"Well," Taehyung starts "My family wasn't too supportive of my career choices.."

Jungkook look at him confused "But isn't law one of the best ones to take?"

Taehyung stops to think for a moment "It's hard to explain" he says "What about you, are you from here?"

Jungkook shakes his head "No, I was born in Busan, so was my mother. My father is from Seoul though, and...uhm works here, so we moved when I was really young"

"Whats your fathers occupation?"

The younger didn't expect this question, he tries to come up with something fairly similar to what he really does "I..I don't really know myself, but he's the boss of some organisation"
Taehyung only nods, before realising " don't you have school tomorrow? It's almost one"

Jungkook looks at him, wanting to face palm himself for forgetting "Yea, I should be going"
  "I'm really sorry for keeping you so long-"
Jungkook quickly shakes his head "Don't apologise, thank you for everything, you made one of my worse days a good one" He smiles, genuinely thankful.
Taehyung can only smile back, glad he could make Jungkook happy.

They walk to the door when Taehyung speaks up "Would you want a lift home?"
Jungkook turns around "No thank you, you did enough for me already" he says "So do one last thing and get enough rest tonight"
Taehyung smiles at the sweet words.


"Will we meet again?" 

Comes the question Jungkook was afraid of hearing.
 He really doesn't want Taehyung to get hurt, especially now when he seen him on his fathers list. Taehyung looks like he already knows the answer, he gives the younger a sad smile and sighs "Sleep well"

Jungkook looks away, he really does enjoy talking to Taehyung and spending time with him, but he just can't. 
"I'm sorry" Jungkook bites his lip, quickly regretting it when he feels the sudden pain and he instinctively brings a hand up to his mouth, realising it's bleeding again.

Taehyung looks up "Aish, you shouldn't do that if you want it to heal" he says "Wait, I'll get you the cream" Taehyung jogs into the sitting room and comes back with the cream in his hand a moment later.

Taehyung gently moves Jungkook's hand away from his mouth, he brings his own up, wiping the blood with his thumb.
Jungkook looks away upon realising how close Taehyung is.
The older puts some cream on Jungkook's lower lip before spreading it, his gaze travels up a bit, now looking at Jungkook's wandering eyes. The boy looks back and the moment their eyes meet, Taehyung's move back to his lip, making sure it isn't bleeding.

His eyes linger on Jungkook's lips for a moment too long, and he finds himself leaning forward thoughtlessly. Kissing the other.