14.

My Helpline

The feeling of the olders plush lips on his is the last thing Jungkook expected, yet he can't seem to pull away. Melting in the gentle way Taehyung kisses him.

Jungkook wasn't kissing back, only when Taehyung is about to pull away does the younger push his lips against his. It feels wrong, but something in him wants to want it.

Hesitantly, Taehyung brings his hands up, cupping Jungkook's face and deepening the kiss just the slightest.

None of them know whats happening. Taehyung is sure as hell he ed everything up by kissing him.

And Jungkook knows it's just going to be harder to leave and forget Taehyung.

Taehyung is pulling away a bit too quickly for Jungkook's liking, but he doesn't dare to make a move and stop him. Taehyung pulls his hands away from Jungkook's face and the younger can see how shaky they've gotten.

Jungkook stays in his spot for a moment longer, looking at the other. Taehyung's mouth opens, but no words leave past his lips, he doesn't know what to say. Is he supposed to apologise? Say goodbye?

Jungkook bows slightly and turns around, hiding his face from Taehyung, he reaches to open the door when he hears the olders low voice.
  "I'm sorry I didn't-...." Taehyung trails off 'I didn't what? Mean it? I didn't think?'

When he doesn't continue; without turning around, Jungkook gives a quiet "Goodbye" that reaches just above a whisper.

"Goodbye... Does that mean we won't contact each other?"

Jungkook stays facing the door, not wanting Taehyung to see his tear filled eyes, he shakes his head "I'm sorry" he whispers, opening the door and walking out.

 

-----

 

"And then he-...." Jimim trails of "Hello? Jungkook?" He waves at the boy "Yah!"
Jungkook snaps out of his thoughts, looking back at the older "Hm?"

Jimin sighs "You've beem out of it for the whole day..."
  "I'm sorry" Jungkook mumbles "...just much to think about"
Jimin smiles "How about a coffee to lift up your mood?"
The younger looks up "We've only five minutes of break left though..."
Jimin's smile grows wider "One day of school skipped won't do you any harm, will it?"

 

"Two lattes please" Jimin smiles at the lady in front of him, she gives a nod and walks away to make the coffees.

Jimin turns to Jungkook while waiting in line, he notices the younger is once again lost in thought.
  "Whats up with you today?"
Jungkook turns to him "hm?"
  "Whats wrong? You never act like this, you're always careful and collected no matter what... But I lost count of how many people you almost walked into on the way here!"

Jungkook sighs "Just tired"
  "Yeah sure" 

"Two lattes?" They both hear the lady, Jimin nods and grabs the coffees before looking at Jungkook "I'm not stopping you from crashing into someone next ti-" Jimin turns, bumping into someone much latter, almost spilling the two drinks. Jungkook snorts "Said something?"

"I'm so sorry I didn't-" Jimim looks up at the man who's arching a brow at him.
  "Park Jimin apologising to me? That's something new"

"Namjoon!" The younger exclaims.
  "Yah that's Namjoon-hyung to you brat" he laughs.
Jimin sticks his tongue out in a teasing manner.

Jungkook stares at them awkwardly, lost in the situation.

"This is my friend," Taehyung pulls Jungkook in, throwing an arm around his shoulder "Jungkook! And that's Namjoon" Jimin looks from Jungkook to Namjoon.
Both of them are staring at each other in silence, and Jimin feels like he's missing something.

Finally Jungkook bows slightly "Nice to meet you"
Namjoon smiles "You too". He turns to Jimin "shouldn't you two be in school?"
  "A day off won't kill anyone, officer" he grins at Namjoon, knowing he can't do anything to Jimin or else a specific someone will go after him.
  "Hm, well I'm wondering what that boyfriend of yours would do if he knew you're skipping classes"

Jimin's grin turns upsidedown "Please don't tell him!"

Namjoon ignores his request "I better buy the coffees and leave, it was nice seeing you"

Jimin laughs "Who's pushing you around now?"
Namjoon sighs, glancing at Jungkook before looking back at Jimin and speaking "Taehyung-ah, he seems pissed off and he's practically falling asleep"

Jungkook makes eye contact with Namjoon, quickly remembering that' That's Taehyung's friend.'
The younger turns to Jimin "I'm going to the rest room" and without looking back he almost runs towards the toilets.

 

-----

 

"First day back and you already look done as " Namjoon comments, placing a cup of coffee on Taehyung's desk who has been searching trough all documents on Jeon Kangdae.

"Didn't get much sleep" Taehyung mumbles, his eyes scanning the computers monitor as he grabs the coffee.
Namjoon lifts a brow at him "You left pretty late, weren't you planning on going to sleep right away?" he asks, drinking his own coffee.

Taehyung's eyes don't leave the laptop "That was the plan"
  "And what better stuff did you find to do instead of sleeping?"

"Jeon Jungkook"

Namjoon chokes on his coffee, grabbing his chest before giving Taehyung a look of disbelief.
Taehyung immediately glares at him "Not that way you ing ert" he throws a pen at him.

When Namjoon catches his breath he sighs "Make yourself clear next time" he throws the pen back at Taehyung, who doesn't react.

A few seconds pass and Namjoon realises "Wait you met up with the kid?"

Taehyung nods, finally looking away from the laptop "Yeah, I bumped into him on way home"
  "What was he doing out so late?"

The younger sits back with a sigh "I don't know... But he was covered in bruises and cuts, he said he got into a fight, but even if he did... He doesn't look weak, he could fight back..he's probably even stronger than me"

"You suspecting anything?"

"What if his father is doing this to him?"

Namjoon ponders on it "Wouldn't a gang leader train his only son to follow his job?"

Taehyung stays quiet. Namjoon's expression suddenly changes "Taehyung what if Kangdae planned this?" 
The younger looks up in question "what do you mean?"

"What if that kid really is on his fathers side and the man is using him to get you?"

Taehyung considers that before shaking his head "If that was his plan, I'd be dead by now... As I said, Jungkook would probably tackle me to the groumd without a problem. And when I offered a lift, he refused"

"What if he's trying to get your full trust?"

Taehyung shakes his head, turning back to the computer "Jungkook wants absolutely nothing to do with me, he was practically running away from me yesterday..." Taehyung mumbles "And if he was on his fathers side, I doubt the man would let anyone hurt his only son like that... Jungkook's whole body is covered with bruises and scars"

"You got a nineteen year old, someone six years younger than you, to undress for you on the first meeting? And you call me a ert..."

"He asked for help with a cut on his back, I see nothing wrong with that, now get your back to your desk, don't you have work to do?"

Namjoon laughs "First gotta report child to the boss"

Taehyung picks up his second pen and throws it at Namjoon again, glaring "He's nineteen, legal age, how did you even get this job without basic knowledge?"

"Yeah yeah okay" Namjoon is about to walk away when he remembers "Ah and Min is coming back"

Taehyung immediately looks up at Namjoon, hoping what he heard was right "Yoongi-hyung?"
  "Yeah"
"Wasn't he moved permanently?"

Namjoon nods "Yeah but something went wrong and boss decided to move him back to this office"

"Did you talk to him?"

"Yoongi? Yeah, he said he prefers it here anyways because "nothing happens in daegu"" Namjoon imitates his hyungs grumpy voice before continuing"...And his boyfriend lives here after all"

"They're still dating?"
Namjoon nods "Mhm... I honestly doubted it would work out at first, but even when Yoongi moved they stayed happy"

Taehyung smiles "True love"

Namjoon snorts "They're both opposites of each other, one a grumpy , the other like a fricking plushie"

Taehyung laughs "You and Seokjin hyung are also very different, but it works"

"Yeah, but we don't have 8 years between us"

Taehyung rolls his eyes "Let it be, it's love"
  "I guess.." Namjoon shrugs "You talk about love yet have been single for five goddamn years"

Taehyung turns decides to ignore that, expecting Namjoon to walk away, but the older stays standing.
Taehyung looks up "Something wrong?"
Namjoon looks down at Taehyung "Does Jungkook have brown hair?"
The younger hesitstes before nodding.
  "You said he got in a fight?"
Taehyung nods again.
  "Does he have a cut under his left eye?"
  "Namjoon what are you getting at?"

"I met Jungkook, and I think I know what school he goes to"