Chapter 12.

My Helpline

"JUNGKOOK!"

Jungkook freezes 'how does he know..?!'

The younger doesn't know what to do, he wants to run but also wants to stay and talk. Shoving his hands in his pockets and keeping his hood on, he starts walking away, not even turning to look at Taehyung. 'I can't let him get hurt because of me'

He can hear Taehyung sigh and then there are footsteps coming from behind.
  "Jungkook,"
He's stopped by a hand on his arm. Taehyung turns him around "Please"

The boy flinches, his bruised arm hurting from the slightest touch, even though Taehyung was gentle. The older immediately notices his discomfort and pulls his hand away.

Jungkook looks down at the ground, keeping quiet. What is he suppose to say at such a moment?

"I'm sorry.... How about we go for a walk, in the park?"

Jungkook hesitates, but throwing all fears away, he gives a hesitant nod.

Soon they're both walking trough the empty park, Jungkook kept his head down all the time. Taehyung probably noticed the bruise on his cheek or the cut on his lip when they bumped into each other, but he still doesn't want to look up, just in case.

"Why are you out so late?" he hears Taehyung ask.

  "What about you?" He avoids the question.
  "I just left work"
Jungkook gives a nod.

"Why didn't you answer my messages?"

'And what do I say now?'
"I-....I'm sorry, I had a busy day"

"No no, you don't have to apologise! I was just.....worried"

Jungkook sighs "I don't understand" he mumbles.

  "Hm?"

"Why would you worry about me..."

  "Well," Taehyung starts "It's just how I am, and everyone needs somebody to worry about them"

They walk in silence for a few more minutes. Taehyung leaves the path and starts walking on the grass, Jungkook watches in curiosity as the older gets closer to the pond, sitting near the edge. He turns to look at Jungkook. The younger takes the hint and walks over to sit beside Taehyung, once again in silence.

"I once fell into this pond"

Jungkook actually turns to look at Taehyung with an amused expression "What?"
The older chuckles "It's really shallow so it hurt when I hit the bottom"

As childish as it seems, Jungkook's full attention is on him now "How did that happen?

"I was out with my friend, Namjoon, we decided it's a good idea to skip last two classes of school" he stares at the water "we were walking around the park" Taehyung looks up and points at the other side of the pond,
 "You see that bench there?"

Jungkook looks at where he's pointing "Yea?" He nods.

"Namjoon was kind of more...uhm towards guys? And there was someone he liked sitting there reading... So me-" he laughs at the thought "-being the amazing friend I am, decided I'll help him ask the dude out"

Jungkook looks at Taehyung with a smile playing at his lips, gesturing for him to continue.

"Namjoon of course didn't like the idea but before he could do anything, I was speeding towards the guy. We were at the other side of the pond but just when I reached the bridge, Namjoon caught up and stopped me. I struggled so he'd let me go, which was a very bad idea, and ended up being pushed into the water" The older pouts.

Jungkook laughs, making Taehyung look at him "It's not funny" he protests, gaining a grin from the boy "It is"

"Oh yeah?"

Jungkook nods "Yes"

"How about I push you in, lets see who'll be laughing"

Jungkook's eyes widen, he moves away a bit "You wouldn't"
  "You sure about that?" Taehyung turns on his knees, crawling towards Jungkook "I'll prove it!" 

Before the younger can move any further hes being held down by Taehyung who is tickling him.

"N-no stop it t-tickles!" He laughs, trying to push Taehyung away.
He finally manages to get the older off of him and stand up, running away a metre or two, still laughing.
 He looks up to see Taehyung walking up to him with a smirk.
"Id run if I were you"

"Oh " Jungkook turns around, running towards the path, but before he can reach it, there are arms around his waist, holding him still.
"Nonono!" he tries to struggle and escape his grips, but Taehyung turns him around and with one swift, movement throws him over his shoulder, yet still gentle enough not to hurt him.

Jungkook can't stop laughing, he tries punching Taehyung's back but he can't find it in himself to put in any effort.
"Put-" he punches his back again "-me down!"

He can feel Taehyung's chest vibrate when he laughs "Nope"
They get closer to the edge and the water. The younger stays still, grabing at Taehyung's hoodie in fear he'll fall in "Nonono Taehyung don't"

"It's my turn to laugh"

"No please I can't swim" Jungkook does everything to sound genuinely scared but he can't help but laugh. Even though he really cannot swim.
  "Liar!"
"No really, I cant!"
  "It's shallow don't worry"

The older manoeuvres Jungkook so that the boy's legs are around his waist and Jungkook's holding onto Taehyung's shoulders. The younger throws his arm around Taehyung's neck "If im falling in you're coming with me!"

Taehyung laughs "Fine" he lifts one of his legs up and pretends to take a step forward.
"Nonono Taehyung please!"
  "I demand an apology""
  "I'm sorry!"
  "For?"
  "For laughing at how big of a loser you are!"

Taehyung gasps, "Oh you little-" he turns and falls on the grass with Jungkook underneath him, once again attacking him with tickles.
"Ah-no stop!" The boy underneath him gasps between laughter "I'm sorry! Im sorry for laughing at you!"

Taehyung finally sits back, looking at the mess of a boy in front of him, his hood long pulled off, ash brown hair a mess and he's breathing loudly.
"You-" he tries to calm his breathing down "-you're mean"

Taehyung gives an airy laughs "You asked for it" he collapses beside the younger, staring up at the sky.


They rest for a while, watching the stars before Taehyung suddenly speaks up.
"Whats your astrology sign?"

Jungkook turns his head to look at him "Virgo...why?"

Jungkook watches confused as Taehyung lifts his hand up towards the sky, pointing his finger at something and making a pattern.

He then moves closer to Jungkook, their heads almost touching. The younger doesn't move away, he lets Taehyung grab his hand and lift it up.

"Point your finger at that star" Taehyung says and Jungkook does just that.
"Now connect these," he guides their hands together, connecting three lines "That's a Virgo" he smiles up at the sky.

Jungkook turns his head towards Taehyung, forgetting how close he really was "How do you know that?"

Taehyung looks back at him, their noses almost touching "I was into astrology as a child"

"You seem to have had a lot of hobbies before" Jungkook comments.
Taehyung chuckles, turning his gaze back to the stars "I was a curious kid"
  "Your childhood must have been interesting"
Taehyung just gives a nod.

"What do you like? I barely know anything about you, any hobbies?"

Jungkook thinks for a moment, pursing his lips "Music," he mumbles "Anything with music really"

Taehyung gives him an interested look "Do you play any instrument?"

  "No, never got the chance to learn... But I like singing, I have it after my mom"

"Sing something for me"

Jungkook looks at Taehyung "Like, now?"
  "Yes, now"
"B-but I'm not that good, its just something I like to do-"
  "Come on Kookie~ please" Taehyung pouts and Jungkook feels his heart melt at the nickname,
  "...but what am I supposed to sing...?"

Taehyung smiles at him "Anything you like!"

Jungkook looks back at the stars, trying to remember some song, before finally getting something. He takes in a small breath and looks away, turning shy suddenly.

  "During this night it's, so hard to breath, I want to wake up now, I'm hating this dream, I'm trapped inside myself and im feeling sore, don't want to feel lonely, just want to be yours"
He glances at Taehyung who is staring in awe, gesturing at him to sing some more.

Jungkook takes another small breath
  "Why do I feel so incomplete, when you're not here with me, it's so dangerous, how wrecked I turn-out to be, save me because I, can't seem to go on my own don't let me go...
Can you just hear my beating heart, it calls out to you whenever it wants, because when I'm in the dark, you'll be shining brightly like a spark.
Give me your hand so you can save me, save me, I need your love before I fall, fall.. Give me your hand so you can save me, save me, I need your love before I fall, fall..... "

Taehyung looks amazed, he's at loss of words for a moment.
   "You have the sweetest voice I've ever heard" he exclaims "You should do something with it if you've such a talent!"

"I...don't think it's good enough to get me anywhere, but thank you" he looks back at the older, giving him a smile.

They stay still, staring at each other for a long moment, Taehyung's eyes scanning over Jungkook's features before he speaks up "How about we go to my apartment?"

Jungkook is confused by the sudden question, he sits up on the grass "I don't think that's a good idea"

Taehyung also lifts himself up "Just so I help you clean up" he glances at Jungkook's bruises and cuts "Then you're free to go"

"You don't think I can do it myself?"

"I do but I want to spend a bit more time with you, while I've the chance"

Jungkook thinks of his possibilities, his dad is asleep, and probably will sleep for the next twelve hours,
 judging from how much he drank, so that's not a problem... The chances of Taehyung being a serial killer aside, he really could go.

"Hey" Taehyung calls out, gaining the younger's attention and smiling at him "Its just a suggestion, if you can't or don't want to, then thats okay"

 "What time is it?" Jungkook asks, looking at the older.
Taehyung pulls his phone out "Almost midnight"

Jungkook smiles "If it's not a bother, then okay, I'd like to come over"

Taehyung's expression brightens up, he gets on his feet and before Jungkook can say anything, picks him up bridal style, making the boy laugh

Taehyung gives him a boxy smile "You're never a bother! Now lets go"

 

 

 

 

 

Ahhhh the amount of support I get on this story is incredible! I want to say thank you to everyone who is reading it! The comments are always a big motivation and some of the readers are even ahead of the story and coming up with ideas haha.

 

​​​​​​Just really, thank you so much! <3