Chapter 18.

My Helpline

Reality only hits Jungkook when he sees his father collapsing. His hands are shaking and he lets the gun drop, a loud sound erupting upon it's impact with the floor.

Jungkook's breathing becomes shallow, he just killed someone. He just killed his own father. His eyes scan the room quickly until they land on Taehyung and Jimin, the amount of blood at Taehyung's knees making the younger sick.

Jungkook rushes up to him in fear and panic, he kneels infront of the older, tears now streaming down his face.
"Tae," he mumbles. But he doesn't get an answer.
"Taehyung" Jungkook tries again.

The older shakes his head slightly and Jungkook could hear his ragged breathing "I-... Jungkook?" He whispers, still bend over, holding onto the knife at his stomach amd keeping his head down. 
  "Listen.." Taehyung starts, taking another breath "Your dad's men are outside, they probably heard the gunshot..." he pauses, loosing the strength to talk "Untie Jimin and hide.."

Jungkook shakes his head, his body quivering "No I can't leave you here-"

  A breathy laugh interrupts him, Jungkook looks up in horror, his father standing right beside Taehyung.

"Ah there's gonna be a bruise" he says, patting the spot he's been shot in "Should have gotten a stronger bulletproof jacket, don't you think Jungkook?"

The boys eyes widen in fear but he still moved his body in front of Taehyung and Jimin to protect them from any more harm. His eyed flicker to the gun at his fathers feet. Without hesitation, Jungkook makes a quick move to grab it but his father is faster, stepping right onto Jungkook's hand and pressing his foot down hard.

"You think you'd be able to kill me that easily?" Kangdae asks in disbelief, twisting his pressed down foot and making Jungkook groan in pain. 
He moves his foot off and blows a kick to Jungkook's face, making the boy cough up blood after the impact.

"Jungkook!" Jimin panicks. The man turns his head to the boy, walking up and forcing him to look up. 
  "Wanna end up like this scum beside you?" He growls, pulling his hair and making Jimin look at Taehyung.

Jungkook forces himself up, looking around before grabbing the nearest weapon. He swings the baseball bat back and at his father but the man dodges it and turns around, grabbing Jungkook by his hoodie.
  "You're really asking for it kid-"
Jungkook kicks him in the stomach, the man groans, stumbling away. Jungkook picks the bat up again and this time it hits his father. 

When the man trips Jungkook immediately turns around to pick up the gun again. He points it at his father.

The man laughs, clearly out of breath "You're going to do it? Go on, I've got what I wanted" he glances at Taehyung who's breathing became much more shallower.

And what breaks Jungkook is that there's nothing he can do. He has no phone, his fathers men are in the building. He isn't able to save Taehyung.

Jungkook grits his teeth, glaring at his father, staring right at his eyes "I hope you rot in hell!" He points the gun at the mans head and pulls the trigger.

He hears Jimim breaking into cries and looks over at him, Taehyung now laying on the floor, still breathing.

Jungkook rushes up to him and falls to his knees, his clothes covered in red "Taehyung please! I'm so sorry please don't-" he cries. "Why didn't you listen and keep away from me!"

The older manages to lift up his hand and hold Jungkook's blood covered one without a word.
Jungkook looks around, quickly scrambling behind Jimin and untying his hands "We need to find a way️ out I'm not letting him die-"

"Jungkook, just leave, please" Taehyung whispers. 

The younger unties Jimin and kneels in front of Taehyung again, shaking his head "No" he mumbles "No I'm not leaving you here"

"Jimin, the window" He points. The older nods and walks up to the window but it's locked.
"Jungkook we're on the third floor this won't work, we need another way!"

The younger tries keeping calm. His mind racing to come up with a plan.

"Jungkook," Taehyung calls. "Leave, now. We're too far out of town, I won't-.... Please just leave"

"No!" He protests, crying "I- please" he stares at Taehyung trough his tears, everything blurry. The older moves his lips but no words escape, his eyes closed.
Jimin kneels beside Jungkook, his heart breaking at the youngers cries.


Thats when the doors are kicked open and a group of armed officers run in, including Namjoon and Yoongi, who immediately runs over to Jimin and Jungkook, hugging the two and pulling them away from Taehyung.

Everything else is a flash for Jungkook. How Yoongi tries calming them down, how Namjoon's eyes fill with tears and disbelief upon seeing Taehyung, how they leave the building and how everyone rushes Taehyung into the ambulance in panic.

And it's all too much for Jungkook to handle, he becomes lightheaded and then everything turns pure black. Silence overtakes.

                                                      -----

Jungkook wakes up to silence, afraid to open his eyes. 
There's a weight on his left, and it doesn't take him long to realise he's in a bed. 

A minute passes as everything slowly starts coming back to Jungkook. The images of Jimin tied up and crying flashing in his mind, followed by the ones of his father and it's as if he could still hear his haunting laughter. And Taehyung's silent breathing, the blood he was laying in and his whispers telling Jungkook to save himself.

Jungkook forces his eyes open, hoping that it was just a nightmare, hoping that Jimin didn't have to go trough what he did, that Taehyung didn't get hurt, and that he is still in his own house, stuck with the devil himself. When Jungkook looks around the room, he realises he's in a hospital.

The blinds letting in orange and purples light trough, it must be early.
Jungkook looks to his left, a ball of fluffy pink hair laying at his knees, half of his body sitting on a chair.

Jungkook lifts his hand up to brush trough Jimins hair but the slightest movement of his left hand causes him great pain, he looks at it to see a bandage wrapped from the wrist, down to his fingers. Jungkook tries moving it once again, regretting it right after because the stinging is almost unbearable.

He sighs quietly 'Jimin is okay' he thinks, thanking whatever power that could be listening to him.

But the feeling of calmness doesn't last long when he remembers the scene from before, and how Taehyung was carried into the ambulance, bearly cautious. He looks at his right hand and finds that there are still blood stains on it, confirming that what happened was indeed real.

Jungkook hears slight shuffling and the weight on his leaft side disappears, he looks over to see a sleepy Jimin looking back at him with a sad smile. Jungkook closes his eyes and sighs again.

The almost calm silence if interrupted by the room's door opening. Jungkook opens his eyes and looks towards the door to see a restless looking Yoongi. Ignoring any possible pain done by movement, Jungkook sits up, staring at his hyung in fear of what he'll hear. But he has to ask.

Jungkook isn't sure whether his heart is racing or beating too slow, but he feels nauseous because of anxiety.

Yoongi looks away when hearing Jungkook.

"Please... Please tell me Taehyung is okay"

 

 

 

 

 

 

•••••••••••••

Hey! Firstly I want to say thank you to everyone who is reading and keeping up with the story so far! You all show me so much support <3

And because I'd like to interact with other fanfiction readers/writers more, and it's hard to do on AFF, I made a Tumblr blog: miss-infires

It'll be a place where I take requests, interact with everyone more and so on, so if you'd like to follow me then you're welcome to do so =)