Chapter 11

My Helpline

Taehyung walks back into the working area, the room once again silent.
Mr.Choi follows him outside, both of them stand at the top of the room looking at everyone else. Taehyung doesn't know how the others will react, don't they hold hatred towards him?

"Now" Choi starts, getting everyone's attention "This is Kim Taehyung, he will be working with you from today, take good care of him" 

The silence that follows makes Taehyung worry. But then Namjoon stands up, the rest of the office following him and the room is filled with cheers. Taehyung looks up in disbelief, people who he has let down shouting in happiness is the last reaction he expected.
But he's glad he got it.

-----

"Your aim is good enough, you should be able to start work sooner than I thought"

Jungkook stares out the window of the car, watching the passing buildings "Work?" He glances at the man who's driving "What work would I need a gun for?"

"My work"

The younger is now staring at the man in confusion "Why would I work for you?" He barks, and maybe he has been just a bit too confident at this moment.
"Because I ing said so"

Jungkook sighs, turning back to the window "Doing crack, running from police and murdering isn't work, it's-"
"You're gonna do what I ing tell you to do, understood?!"

Jungkook shuts up for the rest of the ride, 'But what if I die?'


Jungkook exits the car and starts walking inside.
"We're not done yet, into the kitchen"
He hears and has no choice but to follow his father.

He sits at the kitchen table, the man pulls out a dark green folder, overfilled with papers and pushes it in front of him. 
  "What's this for?"
  "Your first job"
Jungkook looks at him in confusion.

"Inside the folder there are lists with people's names" he starts "All papers in there are called the 'green list', everyone listed is to be assassinated"

Jungkook feels his stomach twist, the folder has stacks of papers, why would he want so many people killed?

The man, as if hearing his sons thoughts, speaks up again "It seems like a lot but each paper has two people listed, including information on that person" he flips the folder open "Most of them are requested to be killed and we get paid, others are for our personal reasons"

Jungkook looks up at him "You want me to kill someone?"
The man laughs "You wouldn't do that. At least not yet" he flips the pages "I want you to pick three people"
  "For your men to kill?"
His father just gives a blunt "Yes"

Jungkook turns the papers, feeling his fathers eyes on him. He knows he has to pick or else he'll be the one on that list.
  Jungkook scans trough the different names and information, some even have a picture attached, he tries to find someone who would deserve death. In all honesty, he expected the list to have innocent people, but a lot of them are criminals.

He points at one profile,'Lee Jinwon, a 40 year old male accused of drug abuse and murder, stabbed a man to death, set free from prison after 8 years.'
If Jungkook didn't know better, he'd expect his father to be on the list, the man fits in perfectly.

Jeon nods "Well then" and he writes something down in a notepad, assumingly the man's name.

Jungkook turns the page and keeps looking, even if he doesn't have to kill the person, he still feels like a murderer.
The boy continues reading throught the names, when he stops completely. Re-reading one name over three times. He feels as if suffocating.

'Kim Taehyung, 25 years of age, male'

-----

Taehyung sets his laptop on his desk. He remembers sitting in the same spot for the first time a few years ago, when he was shy and didn't know what to begin with. That's when Namjoon came up to him with a bright smile and helped.

Taehyung smiles at the thought. And then he realises why he really came back. He pulls his phone out and goes to his contacts.

Taehyung;
How are you doing?

"Need help?" He's startled by the voice, quickly realising it's Namjoon.
Taehyung smiles up at him "Nope I'm good"

"Who are you texting? And at work, on the first day? Tch tch" the older shakes his head at Taehyung.
 "Jungkook. And texting him is a part of my work now" the younger reminds. He sits at his desk, turning his laptop on.

"Have you thought deeper into it?" Namjoon asks. Taehyung turns to look at him cin question "What do you mean?"

"Ok lets say you get to meet up with that boy and catch his father, that man escaped so many times, don't you think he will again?"
  "The boss is getting in contact with the US, when we catch him, we're sending him away to a prison in America"

Namjoon nods "Ok That's a plan.... What about the kid then, are you aware of how messed up he must be from living like that?"

Taehyung sighs, pausing to think for a moment "He's nineteen we'll figure something out"
  "Taehyung that's hella young, do you expect him to build a proper life for himself? He tried contacting a helpline at first. His life is on line not only because of his father"

Taehyung glares at Namjoon, figuring he listened to his and Choi's conversation earlier.
"No need to remind me, I'm worried as it ing is. I'll..... I don't know, we'll get him into therapy of course"

Namjoon sighs and nods "If we even manage to catch his father"
"We will" Taehyung turms away to his laptop "I'm not letting that bastard off this time"

-----

It's getting closer to eleven and Jungkook has been sitting locked in his room all day. He can't forget seeing Taehyung's name on that paper. He doesn't want to believe it.

Jungkook pulled the page with Taehyung's name on it out when his father left, he ripped it up before throwing it away, but the man probably will remember him anyway, considering it was in the 'personal' section.

Jungkook sits up abruptly, 'but that means Taehyung must know his father in person' He starts panicking, keeping in contact with Taehyung really is a bad idea. It's putting the older at a higher risk.

Jungkook hears a car pull up and he quickly realises his father is back, most likely drunk. Which means nothing good.

He's about to lay and pretend to sleep when he hears his father's voice from downstairs.
"Jungkook get down here!"

He swallows the fear and walks out of his room, making his way to the sitting room. When he walks in he feels his stomach twisting at the view.

"You left something in the car" the man is holding up Jungkook phone, looking furious. "Who the is this 'Tae'?"

There's no way he read the messages because they're locked, but if Taehyung texted Jungkook, it still showed the notifications.
"I-It's Jimin... I just changed the name"

"Oh?" His father laughs "I can't believe that boy stayed friends with such a up like you"

Jungkook stays silent.

"What the am I? An idiot?!" The older throws the device at Jungkook, the boy catches it as it hits his chest, if he was to throw it any harder, the phone would most likely break.
  "From when did you decide to call Park, 'Tae'? Now answer my question, who the is it?!"

"I told you, it's Jimin!"

"Liar!" His father shouts, picking up the closest thing and throwing it at Jungkook. It being a glass.

Jungkook brings his hands up on instinct, the glass hitting his arm and breaking. He has no time to step back before the man is standing in front of him, grabbing Jungkook by his hoodie and punching him before pushing Jungkook away, making the boy stumble backwards and fall.
 "I thought I clearly ing said, Park Jimin is the only exception. Who, the hell, is Tae?!"

Jungkook glares up at his father "None of your ing business!"

The older looks shocked, before regaining his posture and laughing "Do you ever learn? You piece of " he kicks the younger.
Jungkook clutches his stomach in pain, coughing up blood.

"You really need a proper lesson"

Jungkook is walking down the street, it's pitch black outside so there are not many people walking, and even if he passes someone occasionally, it's too dark for them to see the purple bruise on his cheek, or the deep cut on his lower lip, neither can they see his tear stained face.
His body is almost numb from all the pain, it's a weird feeling. The worst part is that it will really start hurting in an hour or so.

Jungkook managed to leave the house when his father finally got bored of hurting the younger. He didn't have to wait long before the man fell asleep so he could leave.

Jungkook walks past the coffee shop which is closed now. He's glad to live in the more quiet part of Seol, but all he really has to do is look up to see the orange sky, lights from Kangnam lightning it up.

Jungkook hesitantly pulls his phone out, which is thankfully still working. He has received a bunch of messages, all from Taehyung. But he hasn't read even one. 'Maybe I should? I don't have to reply.... Just read them' he sighs, seeing the smoke-like air escaping his mouth, it makes him realise how cold it really is.

He turns his phone on, going to the messages before reading through them.

Taehyung;
How are you doing?

Taehyung;
Sorry I didn't text you earlier, it was quite a busy day...

Taehyung;
Jungkook, you ok?

Taehyung;
Please answer, even if it's one of your fake 'Im fine don't worry =)' messages.

Jungkook finds himself smiling for a moment 'I'm too obvious' he thinks.
His smile fades whem he realises he can't text back, nor call the other. He really doesn't want to put him at a bigger risk, this has to stop.

Jungkook puts his phone away when it vibrates again, he checks it almost too eagerly.

Taehyung;
please, Im seriously worried!

The boy bites his lip, winching as he remebers there's a cut on it.
He wants to answer and let the other know he's fine, but he really can't put him in more danger.

Jungkook shuts his phone down completely. It's for the best, he thinks.
He shoves the device in his pocket.

But it's too late when he looks back up and crashes into another person, also occupied with their phone which now falls to the ground.

", I'm sorry!" Jungkook apologises, reaching to pick the others phone up. He grabs the device, taking a glance at the bright screen that's displaying messages, and an ID that reads 'Jungkook'

The boy feels fear wash trough him as he stands up, giving the device to the male in front of him. Out of all the people, it had to be him.
 Taehyung looks just as shocked as the younger.

"Sorry" Jungkook mumbles, giving Taehyung his phone and quickly walking past him.

'He could not possibly recognise me' Jungkook hopes 'we only met twice, and for a short time'

Taehyung takes a moment to come back to reality, his eyes wide as he turns around after the younger


"JUNGKOOK!"


The boy stops in his track.