Kimchi Pancake

Second Chances
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Wooyoung, Taecyeon and Junho were chatting happily when they passed by the food store in the school.

“Hey, you guys can go on first, I’ll meet you later! Need to get something!” Wooyoung ran off to the overcrowded food store and cut the queue in front easily due to experience.

“Excuse me, one kimchi pancake please!”

“Okay, right here! 3,000 won please!” Wooyoung digged into his wallet for his cash but to his dismay, he could only find 200 won.

‘Damn it, how did I survive with so little money?’ Disappointed, he walked away from the store.

“Taeng, I’m sorry I couldn’t get the pancake...” Wooyoung hung his head low as he stood in front of Taeyeon, who was sitting at her desk, eating her lunch with Yoona. Wooyoung noticed that her desk had a neat pile of story books. Romance to be exact. Wooyoung remembered that she loved to read them in high school, so much that she almost had an obsession with them.

“Ah... Was it because you didn’t have enough money?” Taeyeon looked at Wooyoung knowingly, while Wooyoung gave a guilty look.

“It’s fine, I didn’t pin much hope on Youngie in the first place...” Taeyeon seemed very disappointed and upset. Yoona was looking at the exchange between Wooyoung and Taeyeon, giving them curious looks.

Wooyoung, not knowing how to face Taeyeon anymore, simply walked slowly away from Taeyeon. Suddenly, it was like something hit him and made him wake up. ‘Oh my god, is this why she was upset? This must be it! No, I can’t give up like this. This can affect my life! I have to get some cash!’

Determined to get the pancake for Taeyeon, he ran as fast as he could to the lockers where Taecyeon and Junho were.

“Guys, guys! Do you have any cash?”

“Nope, why?” Junho and Taecyeon replied a little too calmly.

“ARGH why are you guys just like me? You need to change your lives before it’s too late! See you later, GOTTA RUN!” Wooyoung ran down the corridor, leaving Junho and Taecyeon looking at each other in confusion.

--------------------------------------------------------------

“Damn, where can I get cash?” Wooyoung muttered to himself as he ran aimlessly around the school for someone he knew.

“WOOYOUNG! Where are you heading to?” A husky female voice called out to him. Due to shock, Wooyoung stopped abruptly in his tracks and lost his balance. He fell flat on the floor, in front of Tiffany Hwang’s feet. Tiffany giggled and offered a hand to help him up.

“You okay?”

“Oh! Tiffany!” Wooyoung felt a sudden wave of shyness as he quickly got back up. He realised that Park Gyuri, Tiffany’s best friend who was also very pretty, was beside her, giggling.

‘Ah I remember now. I used to like her in high school. Tiffany had a pretty eye smile that could charm almost every guy in the school,’ Wooyoung thought.

“I’m ok-okay. Gotta go, see you soon!” Wooyoung stuttered before preparing to run.

Before his legs could move, the voice in his head stopped him, “Hey, why not ask Tiffany for some cash?” 

The other voice in his head whispered, “NO! Are you insane?! Asking money from a girl? A rather popular

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter