Victory

Second Chances
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

“Hey guys!” Taecyeon shouted as he opened the door.

“Sorry to keep you wai- Wait, why is it empty?” Yoona looked around at the dark, empty living room.

“Yah, Wooyoung!” Taecyeon shouted as he went to the bedroom. “Hey, where is he?”

“Aish… But I’m hungry!” Yoona whined.

“Excuse me…” Leeteuk asked, still standing near the door.

“Yes?” Junho replied.

“I won’t be disturbing you guys right?”

“How could you be? Let’s watch the match together!” Yoona replied, going over to Leeteuk and pulling him in by his arm.

“We bought so much good stuff because you said you were coming! Come in quickly!” Taecyeon added, helping Yoona to pull Leeteuk in.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Wooyoung and Taeyeon walked in a comfortable silence back to the apartment. The sun had set and the streets were now lighted by the dim glow of the street lamps.

“Thank goodness we made it on time,” Wooyoung started.

“Yeah! I’m glad I managed to let him see the photo and my design. I heard from my mum that he tried really hard to make ‘Grandpa’ the first word I said. So I figured that he should be the one to see my first ever design blueprint.”

“I see. So your first word was really ‘Grandpa’?”

“Yup! My mum said he even stayed by my side for a whole month to make sure of it.” Taeyeon laughed at the thought.

“Whoa… Since he was the one who stole your first kiss, I’d totally believe that.”

Taeyeon suddenly stopped in her tracks, with a frown on her face. “No, that can’t be counted as a first kiss!”

At Taeyeon’s strong denial, Wooyoung also stopped and looked at her. “Then… Who was it?”

Taeyeon looked at Wooyoung expectantly for a while. After seeing his blank expression, she gave up hope and gave out a huge sigh before continuing to walk forward.

‘Aish… He is always like that.’ Taeyeon thought in disappointment.

“Youngie, you seriously don’t remember it?”

“Huh?”

Taeyeon turned back and looked at Wooyoung with exasperation. “It was you!”

“Me?” Wooyoung was shocked and used a finger to point to himself, not believing it.

“Yes! It was during sports day in primary school when we were in the three-legged race competition. We accidentally fell and ended up kissing.”

At this, Wooyoung scratched his head, trying to remember it. ‘Seriously, it happened? Why can’t I remember it?’ He thought to himself as he tried his best to recall the happening.

“Aish Youngie. You’re seriously the worst...” Taeyeon frowned at him and started to walk away, shaking her head.

“How can that be counted as a first kiss?” Wooyoung said, walking to catch up with her.

“Who are you to decide that it doesn’t? You don’t even remember it, so you have no right to say it doesn’t!” Taeyeon said in frustration. “You always forget everything important. You only remember things that are useless. Like the scores of football matches in the last World Cup season and…”

Taeyeon went on and on with her frustration, walking ahead of Wooyoung. Wooyoung, on the other hand, was too preoccupied with his own thoughts to listen closely to what Taeyeon was saying. He stopped in his tracks for a while, observing Taeyeon as she climbed up the stairs to his apartment.

‘It’s now or never.’ he thought, as he ran towards Taeyeon and pulled her arm to bring her closer to him. Within a flash, he pressed his lips against hers and closed his eyes, enjoying t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter