Finally

Second Chances
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

You came to me, into my heart, as something more than a friend

Next to you, I hid my heart, hiding behind the friend label

Honestly, I was afraid, I wasn’t used to my trembling heart when I saw you

Actually, I resented you for acting like everything was normal

Why didn’t you know my heart?

-Apink, (So Long, Pink Blossom album)

 

 

 “Hey Woo, you okay?” Wooyoung heard as he opened his eyes and saw Yoona, Taecyeon and Junho standing in front of him, looking at him in concern.

Wooyoung looked at Yoona and Taecyeon with wide eyes. Wait, where the heck was he? Why was he not back in the wedding reception room?

 “WAIT! Where is this?” Wooyoung asked in confusion.

“Omo, are you sick? Love sick?” Yoona said teasingly.

“C’mon, it’s not like you weren’t here for the past hour.” Taecyeon said, and shook his head. “Tsk, your memory is worse compared to mine.”

“Oh, it’s getting late, I’ll go see Taeyeon before the speeches start. See you guys later!” Yoona said, before walking away. Before Yoona could walk far, Taecyeon quickly followed and held her hand tightly, causing Yoona to look up and smile.

“Wooyoung-ah, you sure you okay?” Junho asked in concern, seeing the bewildered look that was still Wooyoung’s face.

“Junho-ah, this is before the slideshow right?” Wooyoung asked, his head tilted in confusion.

“Yeah. Did you just get back from a time slip? You always look super confused.” Junho said.

“I did. But it’s just that I returned to somewhere different this time and I wonder why.” Wooyoung replied, with a frown.

“Wooyoung-ah, I realised I haven't told you some good news – I’m finally going to meet my mom! She’s coming back to Korea next week!” Junho said excitedly.

At Junho’s words, Wooyoung snapped out of his confusion for a while and genuinely congratulated his friend. “I’m really happy for you, Junho.”

“If it wasn’t for what you said, I think I still won’t have the courage to even contact her. Thank you.” Junho said gratefully, pulling Wooyoung into a headlock to show his gratitude.

“Yah! Why are you thanking me like this if you really want to thank me?” Wooyoung complained, as he struggled in the headlock.

“Hehe. I do owe you one.” Junho said, releasing his grip on Wooyoung, before patting him on the back. “Anyway, I know this must be hard for you. Himnae!"

Wooyoung then gave a slight smile and nodded. He appreciated this gesture from Junho. 

"So I'll see you inside? I have to set up some things for the slideshow later.” Junho then waved and started to walk away after Wooyoung  nodded.

Once Wooyoung was left alone, someone behind Wooyoung cleared his throat loudly and Wooyoung was shocked to see Minjun sitting just behind him, with a strange grin on his face.

Before Wooyoung could shoot Minjun with his questions, Minjun spoke, “The things you did in the past changed many things in the present. No matter what, you helped a lot of people and stopped many regrets from forming, even though it might not be your own. I don’t think anyone has ever told you this directly, Wooyoung, but you’re extremely kindhearted.”

At the sudden compliment, Wooyoung scratched the back of his head.

“You’re right, no one has ever told me that before, haha! You’re the first!” Wooyoung smiled, “Thank you, hyung.”

“It’s just a fact that no one has mentioned. Well, throughout this journey, I can tell that your way of thinking changed drastically, but your feelings towards her hasn’t changed. So you’ve decided to face the present and continue fighting, right?”

Before Wooyoung answered, he stood up and faced Minjun, causing them to face each other.

“Yes. I don’t know where it’d go, and I don’t know whether this is the right thing to do, but I’ve decided.” Wooyoung replied with much certainty. Minjun gave a nod in response.

“I’ve gone back to the past so many times, and tried to change the things I regretted in the best way that I could. Even though everything might be in vain, I think I’d only be able to move on by fighting this last battle.”

“I’ve only been able to go back to the past because of you. I’m truly grateful. Thank you, Minjun hyung.” Wooyoung sincerely said, and gave a 90 degree bow towards Minjun.

Minjun gave a warm smile and patted Wooyoung’s head. “Well now, what’s important is not the past, but the present. You look like a totally different person as compared to when I first saw you in the church.”

Wooyoung put his palm towards his face and said, “Oh, really? How?”

“When I first saw you, you looked like someone who just survived a zombie apocalypse,” Minjun laughed, “but now, you look like me in my youth!”

“Is that supposed to be a compliment?” Wooyoung said playfully.

“Yah!” Minjun retorted back. The two of them then laughed at their silliness.

“Honestly, after living on Earth for so long, I’ve never seen someone as stubborn as you. But I’ve also never seen such regret and love towards a girl. The feelings you have for each other is something rare.” Minjun spoke. “I believe you will have something to look forward to in the future and I truly hope happiness finally will come to you.”

“You returning to before your speech and the slide show is my farewell gift to you. You struggled and suffered while returning to the past, and now you’re going to fight your last battle at the right place – the present.” After saying those words, Minjun

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter