Taeyeon's first kiss was to...?

Second Chances
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

"Those who say they'll do it tomorrow are idiots." 

 

Youngie,

Thanks for letting Grandpa stay at your house yesterday! He was just so stubborn. Anyway, please help me persuade him to go back home!

 -Taeyeon ^^

 “Tae’s grandpa?” Wooyoung was a bit puzzled after reading the note Taeyeon left on the table. Didn’t Taeyeon’s grandpa live in Busan?  

“You really forgot everything?” Taecyeon sighed in exasperation, before using a magazine to whack Wooyoung at the back of his head.

 “Eyy! That hurts…” Wooyoung whined.

“Aish. Taeyeon’s grandpa suddenly came over yesterday night from Busan to visit. He was really stubborn when Taeyeon told him to go back to Busan and insisted on staying over here to finish watching the soccer match.”

“Soccer match? What soccer match?”

“Yah, Jang Wooyoung! You’re so weird. It’s the World Cup season now and you’re asking what soccer match?!”

“Okay, enough talking! Let’s go to the university!” Grandpa interrupted their conversation. He had put on a sweater and a hat (that was Wooyoung’s) to suit the chilly weather outside.

“Grandpa, I'm sorry but I think you should head home.” Wooyoung started.

“Yeah, let’s do this another time!” Taecyeon added on.

“Those who say they’ll do it next time are idiots. Those who say they’ll do it tomorrow are also idiots! If you only think about it but don’t do anything about it, it’d get you nowhere! Now, get your butts off the floor and hurry up!”

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“Why did your grandpa suddenly decide to come to Seoul?” Yoona asked curiously. She and Taeyeon were walking together to their university, Poseidon University.

“My grandpa doesn’t care about other people’s plans or schedules. He just jumped on the KTX yesterday afternoon and came over. And he came empty-handed, without even telling me or my grandma!  Come to think of it, it’s rather absurd.” Taeyeon exclaimed in exasperation, as she knew her grandpa all too well. She had been the closest to her grandpa since she was young and was Grandpa’s favourite grandchild.

“Whoa, your grandpa sure is impulsive… Taengoo, why didn’t you get any of his impulsiveness? It would have been good for you!”

“Why?”

“When it comes to love, you’re always just looking and never doing anything, aren’t you?”

“Ah… Well, I just think that fate will help me figure everything out.”

“Aigoo… Taengoo, you’re never going to get married at that rate!”

“YAH!”  Taeyeon gave Yoona a playful smack on the back. “Anyway, enough about me. What about you? How are you and Siwon getting along?”

“Oh, we’re fine, I guess.” Yoona said halfheartedly.

“Are you sure? You don’t seem good…”

“Of course! I’m fine. Don’t worry!” Yoona put on a smile to reassure Taeyeon.

“Good! Better tell him to treat you well if not I’ll kill him. Or if I don’t, Taecyeon will do the honours for me.” Taeyeon said protectively. She loved her friend very much and didn’t want her to get hurt.

“Yes, unnie~” Yoona showed Taeyeon some aegyo, succeeding in making Taeyeon cringe.

“Aigoo… Stop it, you’re giving me goose bumps!” Taeyeon rubbed her arms and shuddered.

“I don't want to! HAHAHA!” Yoona laughed at Taeyeon’s dramatic reaction. “Omo, is that guy a student here?” Yoona pointed to an old man with white hair, donning a beige sweater over a green shirt and pants. “I never knew that there were actually people who are so enthusiastic about learning in real life.”

“GRANDPA!” Taeyeon called out in shock. The old man turned around and spotted her, giving a similar shocked face and pulled down his cap to hide his face.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“Grandpa, what are you doing here? Why are you alone?” Taeyeon looked at Grandpa sternly, causing him to look away. Hearing no answer from him, Taeyeon continued, “You’re going back to Busan today right?”

“Well, I just wanted to see your new school! I was a little worried.” Grandpa replied, trying to appease Taeyeon.

“FOUND HIM!” A voice sounded from a distance away. Taeyeon looked up to a see a very flustered Wooyoung running towards them, accompanied by Junho and Taecyeon.

“Yah! Why did you bring him along?” Taeyeon stood up and said to Wooyoung, with a slight frown on her face.

“I tried to stop him, but he won’t listen!” Wooyoung whined. 

“Don’t listen to that kid; he kept insisting that I come with him! He even lent me his clothes!” Grandpa told Taeyeon with an innocent look on his face. Taeyeon glared at Wooyoung, while Wooyoung put both his hands up in defence. Taeyeon looked at the two of them and sighed.

“Anyway, Grandpa, you should just head home. Grandma will be worried about you.”

“You’re really like your Grandma when it comes to things like this!” Grandpa exclaimed. “You’re too naggy, no guy would want you at this rate.”

“I don’t care. Grandpa, please go home!” Instead of replying her, Grandpa’s eyes lit up as he saw something.

“Taeyeonnie, let’s go take sticker photos!” Before Taeyeon could say anything, he grabbed Taeyeon’s arm and pulled her along with him, leaving Wooyoung, Taecyeon, Junho and Yoona speechless.

“Sticker photos?” The four of them questioned in unison.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“Aish, Grandpa! This is not a sticker photo booth! It's a passport photo booth!” Taeyeon said in exasperation.

“Really? Ah, whatever. Let's go!” Grandpa pulled Taeyeon into the photo booth.

“Aish… Grandpa!” Taeyeon said once again as they squeezed into the rather small booth.

“Taeyeonnie~ Come on, smile!” Grandpa said, poking Taeyeon’s cheek to make her smile as the camera flashed for the first time.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“Leeteuk, can you please take care of my grandpa for a while? We still have lessons so it’s inconvenient for us.” Taeyeon started. All of them were in Leeteuk’s dorm in the university.

“Sure, of course. I don’t have any lessons for the day since the lecturer reported sick. I just have to work on my model.” Leeteuk answered, smiling back in response. Leeteuk was in his senior year in the architecture faculty in Poseidon University, so technically Taeyeon was his junior in the faculty.

“I don’t want to stay here!” Grandpa whined like a little kid while tugging on Taeyeon’s arm. Putting on an annoyed expression and glancing at Leeteuk, he continued, “I hate people who only know how to construct models and yet they have the guts to boast about architecture.”

‘Yes, that’s the way! Awesome, Grandpa!’ Wooyoung, who was witnessing this, was mentally supporting Grandpa in criticising Leeteuk. Leeteuk, on the other hand, was speechless.

“Nothing good will come out of this, if you don’t go to the actual site to observe.”

“Erm… Why is Grandpa so angry out of a sudden?” Yoona spoke up, while observing the exchange between Grandpa and Leeteuk.

“That’s because Grandpa’s a carpenter.” Taeyeon explained, giving Leeteuk an apologetic smile.

“Ah…” All 5 of them made sounds of understanding.

“No wonder you’re interested in architecture!” Leeteuk directed this to Taeyeon.

“You drew this? Why is the design like that? Why is there only a single pillar supporting the staircase? It’s clearly not been given much thought at all!”

“Yes but according to calculations it should be sufficient to support it. This is to let….” Leeteuk continued to explain to Grandpa about why his designs have been set out as it was. All the rest were puzzled and just stared at the two conversing. Taeyeon saw it as a sign to leave for their lessons and signalled to the rest to move quietly out.

“So let’s meet at the dorm after lessons okay?” Junho said to the rest. They all nodded in agreement before Junho and Taeyeon went to the right while Yoona and Taecyeon went to the left. Wooyoung just blindly followed Taeyeon and Junho when Taecyeon called out to him.

“Woo, you’re going in the wrong direction!” Wooyoung looked at Taecyeon with a confused expression.

“Aish... The business faculty is there!” Taecyeon elaborated.

‘Oh right, I’m not in the same faculty as Taeyeon… No, I can’t be in a different faculty as her! I have to be by her side all the time!’ With this thought, Wooyoung took off in the direction of the general office, leaving Taecyeon and Yoona behind, who were clueless about what he was thinking about.

Wooyoung ran and ran, until he finally reached the office. Panting heavily, he went up to the counter and called for someone. He saw someone sitting at the desk with his back facing him.

“Please help me transfer faculty no matter what! Please!” Wooyoung told the person without even waiting for him to turn to face him. “My entire life depends on it!”

The person at the counter turned around and said, “I’m sorry but I don’t think you can jus

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter