So close yet so far

Second Chances
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“This has got to be the happiest day of my life!” Junho sang as he reached the table where Wooyoung sat alone, leaning the upper half of his body on the table with his right arm supporting his chin, while he stared at the direction of Taeyeon and Leeteuk. The couple were eating together at a table diagonally to the right of Wooyoung, and they were still laughing away.

“Let me guess, you kissed Hyoyeon and she agreed to be your girlfriend?” Wooyoung stopped staring for a moment and faced Junho, who had a huge silly grin on his face.

“Wow Wooyoung. How did you know?”

“I told you before, because I’m from the future.” Wooyoung said listlessly. Junho stared at Wooyoung weirdly. ‘Man, this guy has been talking so weirdly about him being from the future.’

Wooyoung looked at Junho’s skeptical look and sighed. “Sigh forget it… Anyway, I knew you could do it!” Wooyoung gave a smile for the first time that evening and patted Junho’s shoulder.

At the mention of his new girlfriend, Junho dropped all thoughts about his suspicion. “Ah, I can’t believe it either! She’s finally my girlfriend after so long! And I kissed her on the lips!” Junho continued spazzing until he realized that Wooyoung wasn’t listening. His best friend was in visible misery and Junho didn’t like seeing that. He nudged Wooyoung’s arm, gaining his attention once again.

“You still can’t get over the fact that you didn’t manage to ask Taeyeon to be your prom date?”  Wooyoung nodded, still staring at Taeyeon and Leeteuk.

“Then you can’t just sit here! Get your off your chair and do something! Want me to help you?” Junho gave a mischievous smile, much like the one he gave when he suggested that Wooyoung just forget to pick Tiffany up for the night.

Wooyoung immediately sat up and said, “Really? You’ll help me?” His eyes lit up in hope and grabbed Junho’s arm while moving closer to him.

“Yah, don’t look at me like that, it’s weird,” Junho pushed Wooyoung away. “Yes, I’ll help you distract Mr. Park, while you take Taeyeon away to a quieter place to spend some time together. Okay?”

“Oh my god. I love you!” What Junho did not expect was the wet, sloppy kiss Wooyoung planted on his right cheek.

“Man, Wooyoung. If I didn’t know you well enough, I would have thought you were gay.”

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“Mr. Park, could I talk to you for a moment over there?” Junho interrupted Leeteuk and Taeyeon, who were sitting at a table together. Taeyeon gave Junho a weird look and raised her eyebrows. Junho spotted it and just gave a shrug.

“Yes, of course. Excuse me, Taeyeon.” Leeteuk excused himself politely and went off with Junho.

‘Now that I succeeded in luring him, I have to think of something to distract him. And I have no idea how. Sheesh… Think Junho, THINK!’

 

Taeyeon’s point of view:

Junho is acting so weirdly, I thought as Junho and Mr. Park disappeared in the crowd.

Anyway, today wasn’t as bad as I thought it would be. Mr. Park is actually a really nice and gentlemanly guy and I’m more comfortable with him now after knowing him better.

Suddenly, a hand grabbed mine and pulled me out of my seat. Omo, am I going to die? I wanted to scream for help but when I looked up, I relaxed immediately. Even though I don’t know where this stupid guy is bringing me, I felt safe, as always. We ran hand-in-hand out of the crowded area and into a familiar route.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter