Sincerity

Second Chances
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Defeat is not the worst of failures. Not to have tried is the true failure.” 
― George E. Woodberry

 

“CUT! Yah, Junho! What are you doing?! That isn’t bright enough!” The director shouted loudly to Junho who was on a ladder adjusting the lighting. Junho was working as a staff at a production studio, and since he was new, he was tasked to do all the insignificant things.

“Ah, I’m sorry, I’ll make it brighter this moment. Is this okay?” Junho asked, as he increased the intensity of the lamp.

“Okay. Junho-yah, give me my coffee.” The director, who was sitting in his chair in relax mode ordered Junho.

“Ah, yes. On my way.” Junho said while he hurriedly climbed down the ladder. To be honest, the coffee machine was much nearer to the director but the unreasonable director just had to order Junho around. Junho was treated badly at the studio but he knew he had to bear with it. Junho took the cup of coffee and handed It to the director. The director took a sip and spat it out immediately, before giving a glare at Junho. The cup of coffee was thrown to the floor and it spilled everywhere. 

“Yah! It’s so hot!” the director screamed before using one of the scripts to hit Junho’s head.

“Sorry, I’ll clean it up immediately.” Junho bowed with a forced smile.

--------------------------------------------------------------------

“Is it fine for me to be working as a waitress right now?” Yoona wondered out loud as she sat on a cushion seat in Samchoon’s Burgers. She was working there as a waitress – it was actually not much work to do but Yoona working there had indeed increased the number of customers.

“What do you mean? Do you not like working here?” the uncle asked.

“No no, I don’t mean it that way! It’s just that compared to the rest, I’m only working part-time. I mean, Junho’s pursuing his passion, Taeyeon’s in graduate school studying architecture as well. Even Wooyoung has a formal job in a company!” Yoona said with a pout.

“Well, Taecyeon is doing free-lance too right?”

“That’s exactly why I’m having such thoughts! It’s frustrating that I have to be the same as him! He’s really so annoying, he’s basically jobless but he spends so much money on food because of his huge appetite. I really don’t understand him!” A smile somehow crept onto Yoona’s face as she spoke.

 “Yoona-ah, you become really happy whenever you talk about Taecyeon you know.” the uncle said, giving Yoona a smirk before going into the kitchen to place some dirty plates.

Yoona was caught off guard and ended up stammering, “N-No, no way!”

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Gary and Wooyoung sat near a fountain in a park and were having a quick lunch break after dropping by many companies to sell their products. They spent the whole morning but had only succeeded in securing one deal despite Wooyoung’s intense persuasion because he wanted to finish work quickly. There was still one deal left.

 “Yah Wooyoung-ah, this is Jessica and Krystal, my two daughters.” Gary said proudly after he was done eating and showed Wooyoung a photo of his young daughters that he kept in his wallet.

“Ooh, they’re so pretty!” Wooyoung complimented.

“But of course! They got their genes from me!” Gary said with a satisfied smile. Wooyoung just gave a weird look because Gary was not a very good looking man; you could just walk past him without even realizing!

“… I’m 100% sure that their good genes came from their mother instead.”

“Yah! I’m handsome okay!” Gary said with his chin tilted up. “Anyway, I’m really sorry for holding you back. I saw how hard you tried just now. I guess the thing that you talked about is really important to you.”

Wooyoung nodded in response and replied honestly, “It’s okay. It is important to me but somehow, I don’t know if I could even get the outcome I want even if I go.”

“Yah Wooyoung! Why are you like this? If you never tried, you never know!” Gary said, giving a big pat on Wooyoung’s back.

“I don’t know… It just seems that the outcome I want can never exist no matter how I try.” Wooyoung replied, giving a bitter smile.

“Yah yah yah. Don’t people say that there is no failure except in no longer trying?” Gary encouraged. “You know, my wife is Song Jihyo, the actress.”

“What? Eyy, don’t lie!” Wooyoung said, giving a frown in doubt.

“I’m not lying! She’s so pretty, isn’t she? You must be wondering why she’s married to someone like me when she could be with a famous, handsome actor. Not that I’m not handsome of course.” Gary said, with a grin. “She had many admirers, and I never thought I could reach out to her, but I never stopped trying. Now, she’s the mother of my two beautiful daughters. Life is always unpredictable, don’t you think?”

“Then why are you slogging so hard? Shouldn’t you guys have enough money? Song Jihyo is a pretty successful actress!”

“I don’t want to rely solely on her. She’s working hard, so shouldn’t I slog as hard? It’s only fair.”

Wooyoung nodded, understanding where Gary was coming from. ‘He’s really quite admirable.’

 “Life is only exciting because you take risks and occasionally succeed in trying! If you fail, you just try again. But when you succeed, you become more of a man. So don’t you think of giving up!” Gary said, giving Wooyoung words of wisdom as if he was Wooyoung’s older brother. Wooyoung smiled in response and nodded.

“Thank you, I will keep your words in mind. Let’s finish this last deal. Hwaiting!”

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Taeyeon was working hard in the research room, doing a model she had to submit soon. She was so focused that she did not not

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter