The Commander

Second Chances
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Wooyoung and Taeyeon both opened their eyes in shock and turned to the direction of the gruff voice that called out to them. A man with a huge build was running towards them with a huge cane, waving it about as if he was chasing sheep. The two of them quickly got up and bowed.

“YAH YAH YAH! Get back to the tent, I’m locking the gate here because the night’s coming to an end.”

“Yes, sir!“

The couple quickly walked onto the path, avoiding any more trouble in case they had to face the wrath of Mr. Kim Jong Kook, or more commonly known as the Commander amongst students. He was a Physical Education teacher in their high school and was also the school’s discipline master and gate keeper. Everyone dreaded having him as their Physical Education teacher. His muscles were huge and menacing - his arms are the size of an average person’s thigh!

Wooyoung and Taeyeon continued to walk in silence for a while, before catching each other’s eye and looking away awkwardly. Wooyoung scratched his head hard. He didn’t know what to do now with the slightly awkward atmosphere and was silently cursing Mr. Kim for interrupting them. Dang, he was so freaking close!

“Err.. haha. I wonder what made Mr. Kim so grumpy and unhappy. From my impression, he was very nice and friendly in Year 1 when we just came into the school. But he suddenly turned nasty near the end of last year and I’m pretty sure no one has ever seen him smile after that. Do you know what happened to him?” Wooyoung asked Taeyeon, hoping to get rid of the awkwardness by starting a new topic.

Taeyeon looked at him, seemingly relieved that he had started to talk. “Oh, apparently he was in a secret relationship with Ms Yoon for 3 years but unfortunately they broke up in the end.”

“Ms Yoon? You mean Ms Yoon Eun Hye, our English teacher?" Taeyeon nodded. "Why did they break up?”

“Ms Yoon told me the story last Friday after class when I went to ask her something. I don’t know why she suddenly decided to confide in me though, but she looked pretty upset. The reason why Mr. Kim turned nasty at the end of last year was because of the break up. The two of them were about to get married and Mr. Kim even went to seek permission from Ms Yoon’s parents. But Ms Yoon’s parents disapproved strongly and refused to accept Mr. Kim as their son-in-law. They even went as far as to arrange a marriage for Ms Yoon after Mr. Kim asked for her hand. She told me she’s getting married in 2 weeks’ time and that she was disappointed that Mr. Kim gave her up without a fight. It’s very sad how they love each other so much but can’t be together.” After saying this, Taeyeon gave a little pout to show her unhappiness.

 

Wooyoung‘s point of view:

“Then let's go tell him now! We can't let him regret for life!” I shouted loudly. I knew the pain of letting go of the girl you love all too well.

Taeng jumped at the sudden loudness of my voice and screamed, “YAH! Why are you so loud?!”

“Hehe sorry Taeng. But we should find out the reason why Mr. Kim gave up and find a way to let them be together again. Yes, we should. We can’t let them regret.” Words just kept spilling out of my mouth as Taeyeon looked at me curiously. I felt extremely motivated to help Mr. Kim gain back his lover and help prevent this regret from forming.

“Let's go!” Before Taeng could say anything, I grabbed her hand and pulled her, running in the direction of Mr. Kim. Surprisingly, she didn’t scream at me again! Hehe.

End of Wooyoung’s point of view

 

Taeyeon, on the other hand, was utterly confused and just followed Wooyoung as he pulled her along. Even though she was the person who has known him for the longest time, he never failed to surprise her with different sides of him. Sigh, her best friend is so weird.

“Mr. Kim!” Panting heavily, the two of them came to a stop in front of Mr. Kim who was just finished with locking the side gate. Jong Kook looked up in surprise and grunted, “Wha

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter