Last chance

Second Chances
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Do not look back and grieve over the past, for it is gone; and do not be troubled about the future, for it has yet to come. Live in the present, and make it so beautiful that it will be worth remembering” 

- Ida Scott Taylor

 

“Hey, isn’t that Wooyoung behind in the photograph?” He looks like a ghost that follows people around… so scary!” Wooyoung heard Taecyeon say as he opened his eyes.

‘I’m back again without changing anything. The regrets from that day still exist.’

The bright light suddenly shone, and Minjun appeared in front of Wooyoung.

“Wooyoung-ah, your difficult journey is finally coming to its end. The slideshow is officially coming to an end, with the next photograph being the last one. It is the very last chance you will get. Go all out.”  Minjun sighed and gave Wooyoung a pat on the shoulder.

 “But I don’t know whether this last trip will make a difference at all. This was taken during their engagement party. They’re about to get married already. I’m really very tired of failing.”

“Did you forget your supervisor’s words already? If you don’t try anymore, that’s when you truly fail.” Minjun said, in an attempt to encourage Wooyoung. Not getting a reply from Wooyoung, Minjun got a little agitated. “If you stop trying, the happiness you wish to have will never come to you, and I don’t want that to happen to you.”

“JANG WOOYOUNG!” Minjun suddenly shouted loudly, startling Wooyoung.

“Y-yes?”

“You can do it.” Minjun said in a softer voice, giving a warm smile. Wooyoung looked at Minjun and gave a similar smile in return.

“Ask, and it shall be given.”

Wooyoung gave a small smile, before saying the phrase for the last time. “Last… Hallelujah Chance! Noooooooooo!”

---------------------------------------------------------------------

When Wooyoung opened his eyes, he found himself looking at a mirror. Through the mirror, he saw that he was wearing a black suit that made him look really smart. Wooyoung tilted his head curiously, before hearing a sound behind him. He turned around to see Taeyeon walking towards him, in an elegant but simple white wedding dress. He was captivated by her beauty as she looked at him, seemingly in deep thought.

When Taeyeon finally came in front of Wooyoung, she suddenly said, “I’ve got to make up my mind. I’ve decided that I won’t be indecisive anymore and come to a decision.”

Wooyoung looked at Taeyeon with a frown. ‘Does she mean what I think she means? Am I finally going to marry her instead?’ Wooyoung thought, his hopes getting higher.

Taeyeon turned away abruptly from Wooyoung and walked back in the direction in which she came from, “Yoona-ah! I think I’ll decide on the previous one!”

“Huh?!” Wooyoung exclaimed in confusion, only to realize that Taeyeon was staring at the mirror behind him. Yoona then entered the room in a wedding dress that had a slightly more sophisticated design than the one Taeyeon wore. Yoona looked beautiful too, but it was rare for the both of them to not look beautiful. Their beauty was effortless.

“Really? But I think the one you’re wearing is nice!” Yona replied, tilting her head and took a look at Taeyeon.

“But don’t you think this is a little too simple?” Taeyeon asked doubtfully.

“Simple is good!” Yoona said with a grin, “Here! I’ll help you take a picture to send to Brother-in-law!”

“Yah, it’s weird for you to call him that so early!” Wooyoung retorted.

“Well, it’s something that I will eventually call him. No harm starting early right, Taeyeon?” Yoona replied. Taeyeon just gave a smile in response. Wooyoung then turned his back on the two girls, looking himself in the mirror.

“It’s so rare for Wooyoung to look this smart… Are you trying to compete with the groom?” Yoona asked teasingly.

“Yah! I’m always this handsome okay?” Wooyoung snapped.

“If so, how could I have never realized all these years?” Taeyeon teased back. Seeing the indignant look on Wooyoung’s face, Taeyeon laughed and stopped him before he could say anything.

“Just kidding! Don’t take it so seriously~” Taeyeon gave Wooyoung a nudge.

Wooyoung and the two girls then heard someone burst through the door, making a grand entrance. They looked in that direction to find that it was Taecyeon in a dark blue prince costume, complete with a crown.

“Make way, for Prince Taecyeon is here!” Taecyeon announced, with a proud smile on his face. He probably thought he looked dashing in that costume, but in actual fact, he looked completely ridiculous. The girls immediately burst out into giggles.

“It… looks good on you.” Wooyoung said, trying to hold back his laughter.

“You don’t even have to tell me that because I know.” Taecyeon smiled, with a satisfied expression on his face. Junho then appeared in the doorway in a light grey suit that made him look at least ten years older. The girls burst into a fresh fit of giggles at the sight of Junho.

“Yah, you two! What is with your fashion sense? One looks like a kid, the other looks like a grandpa.” Yoona shook her head, laughing at the choices Taecyeon and Junho made. 

“You do not simply insult a guy’s fashion sense like that!” Taecyeon and Junho snapped back in unison.

‘These guys will always not change…’ Wooyoung thought as he shook his head with a smile etched on his face.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

“I didn’t know there were so many things to be taken care of for a wedding! It’s ten times more complicated than I thought,” Yoona exclaimed, after taking a look at the list Taeyeon had made of the items they needed to look for. The group of five were walking around the mall to find new appliances for Leeteuk and Taeyeon’s new apartment that was about to be furnished.

“Sorry to ask you guys to help like this!” Taeyeon said, with an apologetic smile.

“It’s okay! It’s been a while since the five of us hanged out together anyway.” Taecyeon replied cheerily.

“That’s true… I think the last time we gathered like this was during New Year’s? It’s getting harder for us to meet up.” Junho sighed.

“Yeah, and I think it’d be even more difficult when we get married. Taeyeon-ah, remember to spend time with us too, especially me!” Yoona pouted.

“Don’t worry, I will! You too okay, don’t always hang out with Taecyeon. I won’t let him snatch my best girlfriend entirely away from me!” Taeyeon teased, giving Taecyeon a side look while Yoona just smiled with a rosy pink hue creeping on her face.

 “Taeyeon! This looks alright! The price is pretty good too!” Junho called, as he gestured to a medium sized oven h

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter