Honesty

Second Chances
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I try to fix my thoughts multiple times a day
But love keeps growing no matter what
It keeps growing, it doesn’t work even if I scold myself
It keeps doing the opposite like a child
Please stop
I try to shut up my heart but I only think of you
From the start to finish, it’s you

-Seo In Guk (No Matter What, The Master's Sun OST)

 

“Can’t wait for the gathering later! It’s gonna be so much fun like always~” Yoona said, as they walked towards the noraebang. Today was the day of the annual high school class gathering and all of them were looking forward to it.

“HELLO EVERYBODY!!!” The group of five made a grand entrance as Taecyeon’s voice boomed through the room. The entire room was filled with familiar faces and they were all happy to see each other.

“Yah, nice to see you all again~” a classmate they were fond of, Chansung, greeted them with a bow. The five bowed back and went around giving their greetings. Tiffany and Gyuri, the two inseparable best friends sat at a corner and were undoubtedly gossiping about Yoona and Taeyeon. It seemed like just yesterday that this happened in high school. In addition, when the two of them noticed Wooyoung, their whispers got more aggressive and they gave Wooyoung disgusted looks before looking away with their chins up.

Junho noticed this and commented, “How on earth are those two doing those actions in sync? Do they have telepathy or what?”

“I know right?! They’re still as arrogant as ever. And it looks like they still hold a grudge against you for abandoning Tiffany during high school prom, Wooyoung. Poor things… Aigoo,” Yoona joked, shaking her head.

Taeyeon giggled at the memory of Tiffany making a scene on prom night. Wooyoung just gave a shrug in response.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

“That was totally fun. Feels like we’re back at high school again!” Yoona said, as the two girls did some touch-ups to their hair and make-up in the washroom after singing and dancing so passionately.

“Yeah! Some people still haven’t changed one bit, still as childish as ever during such times. I envy them, they can go back to those happy times during high school whenever they want,” Taeyeon smiled at the thought of the fun they all had just now, where people were imitating the singers and singing, complete with party props and costumes.

“Agreed! It’s funny how our class had so many different people and people who didn’t get along but the attendance for the annual meet up is still so good after all these years!” Yoona nodded and smiled. “Oh, wait. Where is Leeteuk? I thought he was usually invited to our gatherings despite him not teaching us very well back then hehe. Is he busy?”

“Ah, yes, he is! He had to travel to Daegu for a meeting with the university professors. It seemed like his attendance was an obligation so he couldn’t refuse.” Taeyeon replied.

“Unnie~ you totally sound lonely,” Yoona teased, and gave Taeyeon a smirk.

“Yah! I’m okay with it!”

“Are you sure?” Taeyeon gave Yoona a frown.

“Okay okay, I’ll stop! Hahaha. Oh, but have you told Wooyoung about it? Your decision?”

Without replying, Taeyeon broke eye contact with Yoona and looked down while biting her upper lip.

“You still haven’t told him yet? Aigoo. Are you going to drag it until next Christmas or something?” Yoona reprimanded Taeyeon jokingly. “Anyway, let’s go, they must be waiting for us!”

---------------------------------------------------------------------

The group of five was now making their way to Taecyeon’s apartment to have some supper and count down to the New Year. After the countdown, they would then set off to the beach to watch the first sunrise of the New Year; it was a tradition the group of five always abided by. Taecyeon, Yoona and Taeyeon walked ahead and were seemingly immersed in their own world of karaoke, singing random hit songs and waving their hands along. Junho and Wooyoung walked in a comfortable silence for a while, before Junho thought of something.

“Hey, you’re from the future and you want my help right?”

Before Wooyoung could reply, Junho shouted really loudly for Taeyeon and she turned around, before asking, “What is it?”

“Can you come here for a second?” Taeyeon nodded and quickly walked towards them with a curious look on her face.

When she came nearer, Junho continued, “Wooyoung has something he wants to tell you alone.”

Wooyoung was shocked at the sudden ‘helpful gesture’ Junho was offering and said through gritted teeth, “Yah, Lee Junho, what are you doing?!”

“You said you needed my help right?”

“I didn’t mean in this way…”

“I don’t care, you owe me one!” Junho whispered back and patted Wooyoung’s shoulder. “We’ll go ahead and drop by the convenience store first! Meet you at Taecyeon's directly!”

With that, Junho ran off to join Taecyeon and Yoona, quickly immersing himself in the world of karaoke.

An awkward silence ensued be

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter