Reality

Second Chances
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

As Wooyoung opened his eyes, he was not at all surprised to find himself back at the wedding reception room. The screen showed the picture that was taken a few seconds ago in the past and this photograph was not much different from the original one. The photograph on the slideshow then changed to the next photograph, which showed the group of five and Leeteuk near the sea. This was taken during the New Year’s day, where the group made it a tradition to go to the beach together to watch the first sunrise every year.

“Now, this, ladies and gentlemen, was the first sunrise the two had seen together as an official couple! It is indeed a special moment to remember for the both of them!" The MC announced joyfully as everyone started clapping. 

‘It’s over. It’s completely over now.’ Wooyoung thought. 

“Wooyoung, thanks so much for that time,” Taecyeon nudged Wooyoung gratefully.

“Huh?” Wooyoung was not in the mood to talk at the moment.

“If you didn’t tell me to go then, I don’t know where I’ll be now.”

“What are you talking about?”

“Yah! I know you know what I’m talking about… in any case, thank you,” Taecyeon gave a grateful smile before walking off. “Yoona-ah, let’s get some drinks!”

As Yoona and Taecyeon walked up to the counter, Wooyoung saw something that was definitely different. Yoona and Taecyeon were holding hands! Wooyoung rubbed his eyes and looked again to make sure he was not dreaming.

“Wait, are you guys going out?” Wooyoung asked, just to clarify. 

“What are you talking about…? We’ve been together for so long already!” Yoona said, giving Wooyoung a weird look.

“I think he drank too much… He’s probably acting dumb. Let’s not mind him.” Taecyeon gave a similar weird look before leading Yoona towards the counter.

‘Oh my god… The present has really changed. So maybe, maybe I can…' Wooyoung thought, as he looked at Taeyeon chatting happily with Leeteuk. 'Ah, what am I doing? Getting my hopes up again?’

The lights suddenly went off, and the bright white light shone on him again. He tried to look beyond the white light for the person he expected to see.

“Why are you always failing the same way? Always depending on the timing and place in order to confess?” Minjun appeared suddenly and walked towards Wooyoung quickly. He seemed pretty agitated. “If you’re caught up with such tiny things, you’ll never be able to experience happiness! Ugh I’m so frustrated just watching you!”

“I… I’m really sorry.” Wooyoung could not find the right words to say and ended up apologizing. “I… decided that I want to end this.”

“What?”

“I will stop going into the past.”

“Are you really okay with that? After everything?”

“To be really honest, no. But I am giving up. I don’t deserve to go back anymore. Not after this.” Wooyoung said dejectedly. He felt like an utter failure for not being able to confess before Leeteuk did.

“But you do realize that you could do better this time, with your friend’s help.”

“Huh, who..?”

“Didn’t you realize that more slides were added into this slideshow?” (A/N: Recall – Chapter 15/16)

 “Wait. Isn’t the previous picture supposed to be the last slide? How..?” Wooyoung muttered in confusion.

“Oh my god, Wooyoung. Sometimes I really feel like strangling you. Why are you so slow and frustrating?!” Minjun said, giving a constipated face and clenching his fists, “your friend, Junho! He knew that you could go back into the past and he helped you by adding in more slides fo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter