Unpredictable

Second Chances
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

“You’re coming with me to Samchoon’s Burgers?” Yoona asked Taeyeon, as the group of five walked away from the mall.

“Yup! It’s been a while since I’ve been there. Besides, I want to spend time with you. It’s been so long!” Taeyeon said, putting her arm around Yoona as they both smiled at each other. The two best friends had a lot of affection for each other and really cherished the little time they can spend with each other.

“Should I be jealous?” Taecyeon pouted.

“Yes, you should! Yoona’s mine!” Taeyeon teased, pulling Yoona closer to her, causing Taecyeon to slump his shoulders, still pouting.

“Hahaha, you guys are so childish!” Yoona laughed heartily, before addressing the three guys, “Anyway, where are you guys going now? Want to join us?”

“We’re going to do something first. Meet you girls at the party later?” Junho asked.

“Oh yes! Please do a good job later!” Taeyeon said, clasping her hands together. She was referring to the fact that Taecyeon, Junho and Wooyoung were going to be waiters at the engagement party later.

“Don’t worry, I’ll make sure Junho and Wooyoung won’t bail on you.” Taecyeon flashed a toothy grin.

“Thank you! I’ll leave it to you.” Taeyeon replied, giving a grateful smile.

“What is that something that you guys are going to do?” Yoona asked, tilting her head curiously.

“That is a secret that we can’t tell you.” Taecyeon said, putting a finger on his lips.

“Fine! I’m sure it’s something stupid.” Yoona said, sticking her tongue out.

“Yah!” the three guys exclaimed in unison, causing the two girls to burst out into laughter.

“Alright, we should start going now! See you guys later!” Taeyeon waved, after recovering from her laughter. Yoona waved as well, before the two girls walked away, leaving the three guys behind.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

“Ahjussi! Annyeong haseyo!” Taeyeon greeted the uncle at Samchoon’s Burgers warmly as the two girls entered the burger store.

“Taeyeon-ah! It’s been a while, why didn’t you come and visit me?” the uncle whined like a kid, causing Taeyeon to laugh.

“I’m sorry, I’ve been really busy these days with preparations for the wedding!” Taeyeon smiled apologetically.

“Yeah, a wedding is a big event! Our Taeyeon’s found a good man, hasn’t she, Yoona?”

“Yeah! Leeteuk-ssi always gives in to Taeyeon. They haven’t even fought once!”

“Whoa… I guess it’s true that they say love can change a person!”

“Huh? Why do you say that?”

“Because I remember Taeyeon and Wooyoung fought countless of times over the littlest things! It was quite funny seeing their petty fights.” The uncle laughed. Taeyeon was a bit surprised at what the uncle had said, because the thought had never occurred to her, but smiled anyway.

“Annyeong haseyo!” a voice came from the doorway, and standing there was the person they were just talking about – Leeteuk.

“Speak of the devil!” the uncle and Yoona exclaimed in unison.

“Jinx!” Yoona and the uncle said at the same time again. The four then burst out into laughter at their childish antics.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Wooyoung, Junho and Taecyeon got into Junho’s car and left the mall. The car ride was a fun one as usual – there is never a moment when there was silence due to Taecyeon’s jovial nature. Travelling for little under an hour, they finally reached their destination. The three got out, and went to the car boot to help with Junho’s filming equipment.

“It’s actually the first time I’m seeing them… Strange isn’t it? Even though we’ve been friends for many years?” Junho commented. They now stood at the door of a house that Wooyoung was very familiar with. Wooyoung rang the doorbell.

“Yeah, only Wooyoung is familiar with them right? Somehow we always went to Wooyoung’s apartment to hang out. I hope they aren’t scary.” Taecyeon said timidly, shifting his feet nervously as they waited for someone to answer the door. 

“Don’t worry too much! They’re really nice.” Wooyoung assured. Someone could be heard inside the house and the door finally opened, revealing a lady who eluded a certain elegance. Wooyoung had seen this face so often when he was young - even though her face now had signs  of ageing, you could tell that she had aged beautifully. 

“Youngie! It’s been a while!” Mrs. Kim greeted with a bright smile, recognizing the face in front of her. She then noticed Junho and Taecyeon and exchanged greetings. Taeyeon always referred to Wooyoung as Youngie, so the term grew on Taeyeon’s mom. Wooyoung were close with Taeyeon’s parents because Wooyoung always came over to Taeyeon’s house to play and do homework when they were young.

“Annyeong haseyo, eomeoni! It definitely has.” Wooyoung greeted with a bow, and Junho and Taecyeon followed suit. Mrs. Kim showed the trio into the house, leading them to the living room.

“Sorry to interrupt like this, but we thought this would be a pleasant surprise for Taeyeon.” Junho apologized, bringing his filming equipment with him. Junho and Taecyeon quickly got to work with the set up of the equipment.

“It’s more than okay! I’m glad that my daughter has such great friends who would go to such lengths to make her smile,” Mrs. Kim gave a warm smile in response.

“It’s incredible how far you guys have come together,” Mrs. Kim continued, “especially you, Youngie.”

Wooyoung looked at Mrs. Kim, before giving a convincing but forced smile.

“Alright, we’re ready to go! Would you or Mr. Kim like to go first?” Junho politely asked.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

The camera was focused on Mr. Kim, who was somewhat nervous filming the video. He cleared his throat several times, before he told Junho that he was ready.

“Alright, camera rolling in 3, 2…” Junho mouthed 1 and started the recording. Mr. Kim took a deep breath, before he started with what he wanted to say.

“Taeyeon-ah. If I were to say my honest thoughts on your wedding, I still don’t approve of it, even up till this moment. I don’t see the rush in marriage when you are only so young-”

“Sorry, cut! You’re being a bit too honest, I’m sorry!” Taecyeon interrupted apologetically.

“How? I’m not able to say what I really feel?”

“No, it’s just that this is supposed to be shown as a surprise at the wedding so it might have a negative impact on the atmosphere…” Junho replied with a sheepish smile.

“Okay, okay, I get it! Sorry, I’ll do this again.” Mr. Kim said gruffly, with a nod. Junho then started the camera again, and Mr. Kim started again.

“Taeyeon and Leeteuk, congratulations on your wedding. Taeyeon-ah, I remember when I went to your harabeoji to ask for your umma’s hand in marriage, he was fiercely against it. I really thought that your harabeoji

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter