Acceptance

Second Chances
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

“Yah, Junho-ah. Really, thank you so much! Selling this will have a great impact on me in the future!” Wooyoung said, as he patted Junho’s back in gratitude.

“Nah, I’m not the one buying it anyway. You should thank your supervisor instead!”

“But it’s still your company anyway! You’ve helped me so much. I’ll tell you something in return:” Wooyoung’s voice dropped to a whisper. “Hyoyeon’s not pregnant.”

Junho’s eyes almost popped out. “What? How did you know?”

“I told you, I’m from the future!” Wooyoung gave a smirk. “But keep what I said earlier about contacting your mother in mind! You’ll have to get over your phobia someday. Don’t blame Hyoyeon too much for this okay? She has her reasons.”

Junho looked puzzled, but gave a nod anyway.

“See you again then, I’m off! Hwaiting!” Wooyoung said with a wave as he walked away from Junho. ‘Yes! I’m finally free! Taeng, wait for me!’

---------------------------------------------------------------------

“So you lied to me.” Junho stated, as he stood face-to-face with Hyoyeon. He just clarified with Hyoyeon about her pregnancy when Hyoyeon dropped by the studio to bring him a packed lunch she had spent all morning to make.

Hyoyeon looked down to the ground in guilt, before a pained expression came onto her face. “I’m sorry, Junho-yah.”

“Why? Why did you lie to me? Is this your way of testing me?” Junho said, looking directly in Hyoyeon’s eyes which were too ashamed to meet his.

Hyoyeon walked closer to Junho and held his arm, her eyes becoming teary. She still could not meet his eyes, and said in a whisper, “I’m really sorry, I didn’t mean to. I just… didn’t know what you felt about me. If you wanted to be with me and even had the thought of getting married with me.”

At her confession, Junho’s expression softened. It was understandable for Hyoyeon to have such worries and insecurities as a girl. Hyoyeon’s wish was to get married and live a happy life with Junho, and he knew it. It’s just that his phobia of marriage was preventing him from taking his relationship with Hyoyeon to the next level. ‘Maybe it was me who didn’t give her a proper sense of security.’

Junho wordlessly pulled Hyoyeon closer, into his embrace. Hyoyeon was surprised at his sudden hug, but was also relieved because she knew that he was not angry with her anymore. After a while, he loosened his hold on her.

“You should go back, I need to go back to work.” Junho said.

“Junho-ah, you’re not angry with me anymore right?” Hyoyeon asked to confirm. She was confused on why Junho was sending her away.

“No, I’m not,” Junho said. “Go back now.”

“Then why are you asking me to go?” Hyoyeon asked softly, her lips trembling slightly. She was ready to burst into tears as the worst case scenario came into her mind: he’s angry with her, he’s going to break up with her, he’s going to leave her, he’s going to….

Junho placed his hand on Hyoyeon’s right cheek and caressed it slightly, before continuing, “I have to earn money for the wedding right? I don’t want your parents to think that I can’t provide for you.”

At his words, Hyoyeon looked up at Junho, finally meeting his eyes for the first time that day. His eyes had disappeared in an eye smile and a smile slowly crept onto Hyoyeon’s face.

“You mean it?” Hyoyeon said, her entire face lighting up.

“Of course!” Junho said, opening his arms wide for a hug. Hyoyeon then jumped into Junho’s arms and Junho lifted her off her feet in the hug. Laughter filled the air as the couple embraced. Their lips met, and the two shared a blissful kiss.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Wooyoung finally reaches the university and barged into the research department, only to find Leeteuk alone.

“Whoa, you really scared me there! Why are you in such a hurry?” Leeteuk said as he bent down to pick up the p

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter