Late

Second Chances
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“RRRRRRRRRRRRRIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIINNNNNNNNNNNNNGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG!”

“Ugh, stupid alarm clock, stop ringing already!” Jang Wooyoung groaned, before slamming the alarm clock on the floor. It hit the floor with a resounding crash, and the many empty beer cans on the floor toppled due to the impact. Wooyoung slowly opened his eyes and stared at the ceiling, before realizing what today was.

“Damn it, I’m late for the wedding!”

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A few minutes later, Wooyoung rushed out of his house with a smart black tuxedo on, and a bright red tie. He managed to get a cab right away and heaved a sigh of relief. He relaxed in his seat, pulling his tie a little to breathe, thinking that he would definitely reach on time. To his horror, as the taxi turned the corner at the end of the street, it stopped abruptly and Wooyoung groaned when he saw the many cars that blocked the way.

“Oh damn. Excuse me, but is there any way that you could hurry up?” Wooyoung desperately asked the taxi driver, who was slightly balding and had eyes that were so small that they looked like lines instead, and a tiny beard.

“I’m sorry there’s nothing I can do, there’s a traffic jam ahead because of the marathon that is happening ahead~ And by the way I don’t really know all the shortcuts in the city so there’s nothing I can do~!” replied the taxi driver almost too cheerfully.

“Aish!” Wooyoung got annoyed at the cheerful tone of the taxi driver and laid back in his seat, thinking of what to do next.

“Forget it, take this money. I’m getting off! GOODBYE!” Wooyoung put a 10000 won note next to the driver, slammed the door and ran down the street quickly.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“Why isn’t Wooyoung here yet?! It’s such an important day!” Taecyeon whined.

 “I don’t know, I’ve been calling him but to no avail. He’s not picking up!!!” Junho replied, irritated. “Oh he finally picked up! WOOYOUNG WHERE ARE YOU?!”

“Hello good morning I'm on my way!” Wooyoung yelled breathlessly and he continued to run to his destination. He didn’t realize at first but when he looked to his right, the person who was leading the marathon was running at the same speed as him, “IN WORLD RECORD TIME!”

“YAH JANG WOOYOUNG YOU BETTER NOT BE LATE FOR THIS IMPORTANT DAY!” yelled Taecyeon from the side.

“Alright I'll be there soon! That's it, bye!" Wooyoung had no more breath to talk anymore and continued running at the same speed. The marathoner was shocked to see that someone could run as fast as him and tried to pick up his speed so as to not lose to him. Wooyoung, being competitive, did not want to lose either, and pushed himself to run. He and the marathoner seemed to be competing and everyone who was witnessing this was cheering them on suddenly.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Wooyoung arrived earlier than he expected and to his surprise, he was still 10 minutes early. He now stood in front of Milicient Church, the place where his best friend would be getting married. At the thought of this, his heart started aching once more. He felt the pain pierce through his body like a knife. But he was used to it already. After taking a deep breath to brace himself, he

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter